Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,733 members, 7,813,413 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 12:00 PM

Sule Lamido: I Am Atiku’s Senior, I Won’t Step Down For Him - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Sule Lamido: I Am Atiku’s Senior, I Won’t Step Down For Him (24677 Views)

I Won’t Step Down, INEC Chairman, Mahmood Yakubu Replies Opposition Parties / Sule Lamido: I Can't Pray For Buhari In Mosque / Sanusi Lamido: I Can Return As Emir, If I Wish (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Sule Lamido: I Am Atiku’s Senior, I Won’t Step Down For Him by midolian(m): 1:50pm On Sep 11, 2018
A former governor of Jigawa State, Sule Lamido, has responded to a statement in which former vice president, Atiku Abubakar, said Mr Lamido would step down for him in the presidential race.

Both men are running for the ticket of opposition Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) alongside about ten other aspirants.

At a meeting with PDP leaders in Dutse, Jigawa State on Monday, Mr Abubakar said he believed Mr Lamido would step down for him as his elder brother.

He said he believed Mr Lamido would concede the ticket to him because the former governor is his younger brother and shares the same political ideology with him.

Mr Abubakar based his prediction on the scenario in the aborted Third Republic when the Yar’Adua brothers initially sought the tickets of the defunct Social Democratic Party.

The late Shehu, who was the elder, was running for president while the late Umar sought the ticket of the same party for governorship of Katsina State.

Mr. Atiku recalled that the late Musa was eventually persuaded to sacrifice his ambition so as not to jeopardise the chances of his elder brother.

“But with the intervention of elders in the state, the junior brother Umar Musa stepped down for another aspirant so that the politics will not be a family affair, leaving Shehu Musa to contest for president while someone from another family vied for governor,” Mr Abubakar said.

Mr Abubakar told the gathering that his mother was from Jigawar Sarki, a village in Dutse Local Government Area of Jigawa State before her family migrated to Adamawa State where Mr Abubakar was born.

Responding to Mr Abubakar’s comment through a statement on Tuesday by his media aide, Adamu Usman, Mr Lamido said he would not step down.

“While it is true he (Mr Abubakar) is older than me age-wise, I’m senior to him politically because I was in the House of Representatives in 1979 when he was an employee of Nigeria Customs Services.

“And if age is the criterion for standing election then he should drop out for Buhari.”

According to Mr Usman, Mr Lamido had been “patient, loyal, committed and consistent” in politics despite all the odds and his travails.

“Even if Lamido did not shows interest to contest, PDP should have called him to be the flag bearer and if there is anyone the other aspirants should step down for, it should be Sule Lamido because he has the goodwill, political experience and capacity to confront the ruling party, APC.

“Also if Lamido is to step down, why would he aspire in the first place? Sule Lamido is out to run for the president come 2019 God willing,” Mr Usman stated.

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/top-news/283161-2019-i-am-atikus-senior-i-wont-step-down-for-him-lamido.html

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Sule Lamido: I Am Atiku’s Senior, I Won’t Step Down For Him by SolutionMee: 1:53pm On Sep 11, 2018
cheesy
Honestly speaking, Lamido have a point here. If age is a valid criterion used to occupy the office of the presidency, then let Buhari continue. Otherwise, Saraki should come in as a peacemaker and honorably pick the ticket. What a simple problem I have solved.

23 Likes

Re: Sule Lamido: I Am Atiku’s Senior, I Won’t Step Down For Him by Queenbalikees(f): 1:54pm On Sep 11, 2018
Na wa oo. it is well
Re: Sule Lamido: I Am Atiku’s Senior, I Won’t Step Down For Him by Groovenaija360(m): 1:54pm On Sep 11, 2018
cheesy
This is one major reason why PDP May end up not sending Buhari packing out.

Every one on their personal interest.

35 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sule Lamido: I Am Atiku’s Senior, I Won’t Step Down For Him by Validoluwa1: 1:54pm On Sep 11, 2018
2019 go mad gan

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Sule Lamido: I Am Atiku’s Senior, I Won’t Step Down For Him by gen2briz(m): 1:54pm On Sep 11, 2018
Not to young to rule people.
Re: Sule Lamido: I Am Atiku’s Senior, I Won’t Step Down For Him by dbynonetwork: 1:55pm On Sep 11, 2018
There is confusion in PDP.....

The same politicians are being recycled...

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sule Lamido: I Am Atiku’s Senior, I Won’t Step Down For Him by Felixalex(m): 1:55pm On Sep 11, 2018
The primaries will decide
Re: Sule Lamido: I Am Atiku’s Senior, I Won’t Step Down For Him by Validoluwa1: 1:56pm On Sep 11, 2018
i hesr
Re: Sule Lamido: I Am Atiku’s Senior, I Won’t Step Down For Him by Dannyset(m): 1:56pm On Sep 11, 2018
grin Hahahahaha!
Fight don start even before it begins. Some people would be left high and dry in this race.

9 Likes

Re: Sule Lamido: I Am Atiku’s Senior, I Won’t Step Down For Him by Bestattitude(m): 1:56pm On Sep 11, 2018
This one is just blabbing. Wetin concern me self.

I sell home and office furnitures.
Office chair and table, dinning set, center table, tv stand, bar stool, workstation etc. Call or Whatsapp on 08165618646.
Re: Sule Lamido: I Am Atiku’s Senior, I Won’t Step Down For Him by rhythyson: 1:56pm On Sep 11, 2018
we don hear.

Next!
Re: Sule Lamido: I Am Atiku’s Senior, I Won’t Step Down For Him by patani(m): 1:56pm On Sep 11, 2018
Felixalex:
D more reason u need to step down.... We need younger people, younger than Atiku even

Go back and read the post. Then you can comment again or rephrase your statement

4 Likes

Re: Sule Lamido: I Am Atiku’s Senior, I Won’t Step Down For Him by Angelparadise: 1:57pm On Sep 11, 2018
Presidency is not by senior but smartness and capabilities . Buhari is Senior but his incompetence drives Nigeria to recession and blood flow.

2 Likes

Re: Sule Lamido: I Am Atiku’s Senior, I Won’t Step Down For Him by YurFatHer: 1:57pm On Sep 11, 2018
fighting over the dollar

3 Likes

Re: Sule Lamido: I Am Atiku’s Senior, I Won’t Step Down For Him by Felixalex(m): 1:57pm On Sep 11, 2018
patani:

Go back and read the post. Then you can comment again or rephrase your statement

Okay Sir..

I have done that Sir, thank you Sir

1 Like

Re: Sule Lamido: I Am Atiku’s Senior, I Won’t Step Down For Him by Atikusadvocate: 1:57pm On Sep 11, 2018
Atiku is the best chance we have ever had for a better Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Sule Lamido: I Am Atiku’s Senior, I Won’t Step Down For Him by Nobody: 1:58pm On Sep 11, 2018
No one should step down for another. If you must win, win fairly, but make sure Buhari is replaced. We need as many few names as possible every other 4 years. Nigeria should not be ruled for 8 yrs any longer.

Single term of 4 to 6years is enough.

3 Likes

Re: Sule Lamido: I Am Atiku’s Senior, I Won’t Step Down For Him by saintol(m): 1:58pm On Sep 11, 2018
Political hurricanes everywhere. If you know you know.
Re: Sule Lamido: I Am Atiku’s Senior, I Won’t Step Down For Him by buharitill2023: 1:58pm On Sep 11, 2018
Hahahahahahaha,
So thief atiku is the consensus candidate.

1 Like

Re: Sule Lamido: I Am Atiku’s Senior, I Won’t Step Down For Him by Alzirida(f): 1:59pm On Sep 11, 2018
Madness is when u removed all ur clothes to wear condom

3 Likes

Re: Sule Lamido: I Am Atiku’s Senior, I Won’t Step Down For Him by Nobody: 2:00pm On Sep 11, 2018
Nigerians should know that these people are fighting for themselves and their family.

1 Like

Re: Sule Lamido: I Am Atiku’s Senior, I Won’t Step Down For Him by Afamed: 2:00pm On Sep 11, 2018
The demise of PDP is closer than expected.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sule Lamido: I Am Atiku’s Senior, I Won’t Step Down For Him by Bigajeff(m): 2:00pm On Sep 11, 2018
when school life will not leave you on time. seniority in politics Lmao. Senior prefect
Re: Sule Lamido: I Am Atiku’s Senior, I Won’t Step Down For Him by faaz24: 2:00pm On Sep 11, 2018
Things are falling apart in the camp of the one time biggest party in Africa

grin grin

No more respect for senior citizens
Re: Sule Lamido: I Am Atiku’s Senior, I Won’t Step Down For Him by slivertongue: 2:00pm On Sep 11, 2018
lts a fight to finish. let d last man standing win. bt i see all these men steppin down for him
Re: Sule Lamido: I Am Atiku’s Senior, I Won’t Step Down For Him by nepapole(m): 2:01pm On Sep 11, 2018
Thieves
Re: Sule Lamido: I Am Atiku’s Senior, I Won’t Step Down For Him by Philinho(m): 2:02pm On Sep 11, 2018
Not by seniority .You guys should settle or allow us to surfer again with Mr lifeless
Re: Sule Lamido: I Am Atiku’s Senior, I Won’t Step Down For Him by blackpanda: 2:03pm On Sep 11, 2018
HAHAHAHAHA

PDP....Association of greedy looters grin cheesy

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Tight Security At A-court, As Atiku Seeks Private Meeting With Tribunal Panel / Boko Haram Freed Over 200 Women, Children In Yobe / Soldiers Foil Suicide Attack At Nigeria Army Base

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.