Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,948 members, 7,814,213 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 09:09 AM

Yakubu Dogara⁩ Accepts Request To Recontest - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Yakubu Dogara⁩ Accepts Request To Recontest (24022 Views)

Jonathan Finally Joins Ruling APC In Bayelsa Ward Set To Recontest For President / PDP Urges Akpabio To Resign & Recontest, Welcomes Appeal Court Judgment / Yakubu Dogara Picks PDP Nomination Form (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Yakubu Dogara⁩ Accepts Request To Recontest by Sijo01(f): 1:13pm On Sep 12, 2018
yns4real:
Speaker of the House of Representatives, Hon Yakubu Dogara, has accepted a request by his constituents to recontest the Bogoro/Dass/Tafawa Balewa Federal Constituency seat in the House of Representatives.

Addressing hundreds of his constituents who thronged his Abuja home on Tuesday afternoon, the Speaker said he was already contemplating stepping aside, having represented the constituency for almost 12 years now.

He, however, said he was overwhelmed by the show of support and solidarity by his people who travelled from Bogoro, Dass and Tafawa Balewa local government areas in Bauchi State to Abuja to impress on him to run again.

“Some people said they will retire us from politics, but we want to inform them that only God and the electorate can retire us,” he said.

The speaker added: “Because you came, because of your sacrifice, I want to announce to you that I will run to once again represent our constituency. I will soon come to meet you at home to make this formal.”

“I am shocked and surprised because I never thought or imagined that when I woke up today, I will see this mammoth crowd in my house.

“I am seeing faces of people we started this journey with since 2007. I pray God rewards you for this scarifice. I was almost tired having been doing the same thing for almost 12 years now.

“But in recent days I started hearing some rumours and some people were already celebrating that I won’t run again. Nobody can impose leadership on you. Only you, our people, can choose who will represent you.

“I want to assure you that whatever you want us to do that is what we will do. Those who have said that they will retire us from politics, I want to tell them that we have just begun.

“We will continue to attract development to our area; build roads, hospitals, schools and create opportunities for our people to thrive.”

Speaking earlier, leaders of the group, Alhaji Murtala Miyetti Allah, Mrs Keziah Dare and Mr Bulus Iliya Bully said they came on behalf of the people of the constituency to appeal to the speaker to seek re-election.

They said they could not afford not to have him represent them again, given the giant strides he has recorded in the last 12 years.

“I cried bitterly when I heard that you won’t contest again but I am very happy now having seen you. Please continue to represent us. You have done so much for our people. You empowered women and youths”, said Mrs Keziah Dare.

On his part, Mr Bully said: “the people you are seeing are here are because you have done well for us. We never expected the kind of development we are experiencing in our area.

Alhaji Murtala Miyetti Allah made a passionate appeal to the speaker saying: “Please help us return to the seat so that you continue with the good works you are doing. We are calling on you with a loud voice. Please listen to us, wipe away our tears. Don’t quit yet.”

http://yakubudogara.com.ng/speaker-dogara-accepts-request-to-recontest/

Super story! embarassed
Re: Yakubu Dogara⁩ Accepts Request To Recontest by olaboy33(m): 1:13pm On Sep 12, 2018
Re: Yakubu Dogara⁩ Accepts Request To Recontest by akdjr(m): 1:14pm On Sep 12, 2018
This man wise. If to say him decamp e for no sure for am
Re: Yakubu Dogara⁩ Accepts Request To Recontest by Okewa(m): 1:15pm On Sep 12, 2018
Nigerians be deceiving Nigerians since 19kokoro...let hlm go to his constituency and ask and stop deceiving us with paid crowd from abuja
Re: Yakubu Dogara⁩ Accepts Request To Recontest by Jabioro: 1:20pm On Sep 12, 2018
seunmsg:
Campaign poster without party name and logo. grin grin grin

Nigerian politicians are really special breed. If it is not God specifically calling on them to contest, their people will be begging them to contest and if that is not the case, some poor folks from nowhere would just contribute money, buy party nomination forms and present it to them forcefully. It is always never their intention to contest.

Dogara should just go and pick PDP nomination form. Head or tail, he will lose the general election next year.
You "told" me what l about to say,therefore you said it all.You are a true Nigeria Political Prophet (NPP) better than the popular scammers.

1 Like

Re: Yakubu Dogara⁩ Accepts Request To Recontest by koxi: 1:26pm On Sep 12, 2018
Mynd44:
I came looking for the mammoth crowd.

I guess mammoth means "mouse" now

I totally agree with you...I guess old words are now having new meanings.
It seems the "crowd" would fit perfectly into an Audi 80
Re: Yakubu Dogara⁩ Accepts Request To Recontest by saymax(f): 1:27pm On Sep 12, 2018
Lipscomb:
He made a big mistake for working against the apc. He came from minority Christian and you are lifted up but you didn't see it as an opportunity.

Are u now saying Apc is an Islamic party that allowed a majority Christian to be at the top in Legislature? U shud watch what u type before you bring religious crisis into NL (assuming there's none already)

1 Like

Re: Yakubu Dogara⁩ Accepts Request To Recontest by ehissi(m): 1:30pm On Sep 12, 2018
seunmsg:

Nigerian politicians are really special breed. If it is not God specifically calling on them to contest, their people will be begging them to contest and if that is not the case, some poor folks from nowhere would just contribute money, buy party nomination forms and present it to them forcefully. It is always never their intention to contest.

Dogara should just go and pick PDP nomination form. Head or tail, he will lose the general election next year.

You forgot to mention the trekkers!Those that trek from Sokoto to Abuja to shake hands of Politicians.....angry

Make God just punish them by giving Buhari second term. This time around, them go trek from Nigeria to italy through libya.... grin
Re: Yakubu Dogara⁩ Accepts Request To Recontest by slivertongue: 1:30pm On Sep 12, 2018
they are recontesting because free launch is available
Re: Yakubu Dogara⁩ Accepts Request To Recontest by CHRISDMANAGER(m): 1:32pm On Sep 12, 2018
Dogara Choose a party,meanwhile my concine is this...

The road linking Ogwashi-ukwu, to Egbudu-Akah(My place ), to Ekuku Agbor of Delta State is a mess and like a partway to forest..My people has been deprived the dividend of Democracy since the inception of Delta State..No road ,no water,no Electricity ;and this is a place that once produced the longest lasting king in the world(Obi Alfred okolie)..The Government of Delta State under the leadership of H/E Dr.Ifeanyi Okowa should do something about this..My people are passing through hell in transporting human and other resources in-and-out of the communities listed above...
Re: Yakubu Dogara⁩ Accepts Request To Recontest by basty: 1:40pm On Sep 12, 2018
I am sure he will win his Local Government but not sure of his constituency

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Yakubu Dogara⁩ Accepts Request To Recontest by aminho(m): 1:41pm On Sep 12, 2018
kernel001:

Sorry you think after been speaker then... One becomes nonentity?... Please wake up.

Where is bankole,Patricia etteh,salisu buhari and gali na.abba now?

2 Likes

Re: Yakubu Dogara⁩ Accepts Request To Recontest by deolu2000(m): 1:42pm On Sep 12, 2018
Do we now run independent candidacy? Because I don't know which party this man belongs to at present.

1 Like

Re: Yakubu Dogara⁩ Accepts Request To Recontest by kernel001: 1:45pm On Sep 12, 2018
aminho:

Where is bankole,Patricia etteh,salisu buhari and gali na.abba now?

Non fought to be back. Obasanjo is past President, but is more active in the scheme of things. After all Mark is still in the house, still influencing things, despite been a quiet person.

1 Like

Re: Yakubu Dogara⁩ Accepts Request To Recontest by Lipscomb(m): 1:46pm On Sep 12, 2018
saymax:

Are u now saying Apc is an Islamic party that allowed a majority Christian to be at the top in Legislature? U shud watch what u type before you bring religious crisis into NL (assuming there's none already)
but why pdp satanic party agent so silly and unintelligent like this.

1 Like

Re: Yakubu Dogara⁩ Accepts Request To Recontest by mikeweezy(m): 1:58pm On Sep 12, 2018
seunmsg:

lol u got it right
Re: Yakubu Dogara⁩ Accepts Request To Recontest by GoldHorse(m): 2:00pm On Sep 12, 2018
Hmm hmn? undecided
Re: Yakubu Dogara⁩ Accepts Request To Recontest by Kingjames(m): 2:09pm On Sep 12, 2018
somebody help...I look closely at the poster to see on which party he will be contesting... found non..

1 Like

Re: Yakubu Dogara⁩ Accepts Request To Recontest by ejyko101(m): 2:13pm On Sep 12, 2018
Ryott:
Political drama staged to fool the gullible
I tire o
Re: Yakubu Dogara⁩ Accepts Request To Recontest by monex(m): 2:33pm On Sep 12, 2018
seunmsg:

lol @ the Bolded. Apparently PDP are learning this propganda stuff very fast from their APC cronies.
Re: Yakubu Dogara⁩ Accepts Request To Recontest by Nakamura212: 2:47pm On Sep 12, 2018
From the cardboard they are holding i can see that everyone from dogaras home town has the same handwriting .. ok oooo and poster no party grin SMH
Re: Yakubu Dogara⁩ Accepts Request To Recontest by Joarams(m): 2:53pm On Sep 12, 2018
Oshe...independent candidate leleyi. When they told him to amend the constitution, he didn't know he'll be an immediate beneficiary.
Re: Yakubu Dogara⁩ Accepts Request To Recontest by pavoda: 3:00pm On Sep 12, 2018
Internet Politician! Calm down..
seunmsg:

Re: Yakubu Dogara⁩ Accepts Request To Recontest by PROPHETmichael: 3:04pm On Sep 12, 2018
Dogora...the same man that struggled that year in Edingburg to find food.
Re: Yakubu Dogara⁩ Accepts Request To Recontest by okekefabi(m): 3:47pm On Sep 12, 2018
To contest under which party? just asking.
Re: Yakubu Dogara⁩ Accepts Request To Recontest by saymax(f): 3:47pm On Sep 12, 2018
Lipscomb:
but why pdp satanic party agent so silly and unintelligent like this.

Look into the mirror my dear
Re: Yakubu Dogara⁩ Accepts Request To Recontest by edupedia: 6:14pm On Sep 12, 2018
Juliusmalema:
Yakubu dogara should contest under pdp.

But seriously u people mean that lifeless terrorist buhari is re contesting.......

He will be disgraced like king sennachrib in the bible.

....what strong thing are u taking?....
Re: Yakubu Dogara⁩ Accepts Request To Recontest by mechanics(m): 7:40pm On Sep 12, 2018
hmmmmmmmm, I knew he won't quite politics, that position is really tempting, once one enters there to come out and resign won't be that easy, I just hope he continues to represent his people well and he should be loyal to his party.

1 Like

Re: Yakubu Dogara⁩ Accepts Request To Recontest by Gordonz07(m): 7:55pm On Sep 12, 2018
Even if he was not told. Did he say he won't contest before Drama everyday.
Re: Yakubu Dogara⁩ Accepts Request To Recontest by isaacojih: 8:56pm On Sep 12, 2018
We have been waiting for you to make this decision since, a big thanks to your fans for visiting and giving you rethink towards representing them once more, we pray you take a bolder step to say bye bye to APC and their corrupt mind, you are a good leader who deserves the best from the government, your potentials are suppressed and hidden by the led administration because of envy and greed, just stand to tell them you are not with them anymore.
Re: Yakubu Dogara⁩ Accepts Request To Recontest by CodeXI: 10:06pm On Sep 12, 2018
how come the writings on the placards were from a single writer? something is fishy there.......

(1) (2) (Reply)

Jaafar Condemns The Demolition Of Monument In Kano By Governor Abba Yusuf / Tinubu Violates Own Directive On Reducing Travel Delegations / EFCC Traces Properties To Dudafa (Lagos & Bayelsa Properties)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.