Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,350 members, 7,822,653 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 02:31 PM

Brazil adopts Yoruba as official language - Lekkigists - Culture (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Brazil adopts Yoruba as official language - Lekkigists (62397 Views)

Maryland, USA Adds Yoruba as Language for Driver Learner’s Permit Test / 5 Foreign Countries That Speaks YORUBA, No. 3 Use It As Official Language / Brazil Now Adopts Yoruba As Official Language (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Brazil adopts Yoruba as official language - Lekkigists by 93Miles: 10:46pm On Sep 11, 2018
Biglittlelois:

You this minimile93 thailand barman, continue your zombeish rant without mentioning me, thank you.
No im not
Re: Brazil adopts Yoruba as official language - Lekkigists by emmanuelpopson(m): 10:51pm On Sep 11, 2018
when i saw the news on another news channel i was surprise.. but reading it here again..its seems real and a welcome development...it will foster more cultural integration between the yorubas and brazilians...
another disadvantage is there will be brain drain of yoruba teachers in Nigeria when these policy is implemented... some people will do away with Nigeria... use language teaching as excuse..
i wanna admonish yoruba parents to inculcate the yoruba language learning and speaking to there wards..its gonna be useful later on...

1 Like

Re: Brazil adopts Yoruba as official language - Lekkigists by Bede2u(m): 10:54pm On Sep 11, 2018
TEYA:
IGBO Jews aka Ajala Travel are everywhere but nobody recognises them. In which other country is their language spoken apart from Nigeria?
google equitorial guinue...check igbo landing in georgia u.s
Re: Brazil adopts Yoruba as official language - Lekkigists by oloriLFC(f): 10:57pm On Sep 11, 2018
pol23:
Beautiful....
Thousands of miles away from Home ... they make Yoruba official language...
I wonder why many people back home are trying not to let their kids understand the language..
Same as my Igbo brothers.....
Let's not be ashamed of our language...
Now our kids names are.
Ronaldo.
Gerrard.
Neymar and all sort.

Even plant and Animal have systematic method of naming that tells a certain history of the plant just by the name (Nomenclature)
Anybody bearing Ifakayode already tells you He's a Yoruba and a Ifa worshipper.
Same as when you hear Manihot Reptans ...without much story you already know it's a specie of Cassava.

E mi o je fi owo Osi juwele Baba mi.
Omo Ibadan,ajegbin je ikaraunn.
Is your name "Pol23"?

1 Like

Re: Brazil adopts Yoruba as official language - Lekkigists by emmanuelpopson(m): 10:58pm On Sep 11, 2018
93Miles:

All Thanks to PMB.

During GEJ time this kind of news can never be heard.

God bless Nigeria
God bless Yoruba
God bless PMB

Sai Baba till 2023..

its childish to politicise everything here..i am yoruba... abeokuta to the core and i wont support this... not everyone is a politician... comment and leave the space but dont bring buhari or sort to ridicule every time...haba...
e je ka fi pele pele se gbogbo nkan... buhari ko ma mo pe eniyan wa abi ko wa ooo...onje on mu lai bi kita fun enikeni ...

2 Likes

Re: Brazil adopts Yoruba as official language - Lekkigists by thegreencoal: 11:00pm On Sep 11, 2018
NwaNimo1:
They'll regret it.... lipsrsealed
E pain am! grin

1 Like

Re: Brazil adopts Yoruba as official language - Lekkigists by pol23: 11:03pm On Sep 11, 2018
oloriLFC:
Is your name "Pol23"?
This is just a handle not a Name...

2 Likes

Re: Brazil adopts Yoruba as official language - Lekkigists by obafemi04(m): 11:05pm On Sep 11, 2018
TEYA:
IGBO Jews aka Ajala Travel are everywhere but nobody recognises them. In which other country is their language spoken apart from Nigeria?

In Uganda!

2 Likes

Re: Brazil adopts Yoruba as official language - Lekkigists by Chibuzoc(m): 11:07pm On Sep 11, 2018
Skull miner.... Brazil destination loading. Import and export of Brazilian and Ogun skull

Copy that cool cool cool

grin grin grin grin Roger

1 Like

Re: Brazil adopts Yoruba as official language - Lekkigists by TEYA: 11:11pm On Sep 11, 2018
grin
Igbokiller:
try asaian prisons.igbo language is popular there

4 Likes

Re: Brazil adopts Yoruba as official language - Lekkigists by wowcatty: 11:17pm On Sep 11, 2018
Who wants to recognize a burrowed language? Hope they can now see the need to be original like the Yoruba.I just can't for the life of me understand why anyone will just come out of the bush and then say he's mate or higher than the one ahead of him. The biggest insult is for these people to even think they are close to Yoruba on anything when Ifa alone put us up there as #2 religion in the world, if only the Ooni can figure out his job as the spiritual leader.
TEYA:

2 Likes

Re: Brazil adopts Yoruba as official language - Lekkigists by movetoca: 11:21pm On Sep 11, 2018
Lovely one.
Re: Brazil adopts Yoruba as official language - Lekkigists by wowcatty: 11:22pm On Sep 11, 2018
At least we are better than you skull planting cannibals who have nothing to offer the world except propaganda.
Chibuzoc:
Skull miner.... Brazil destination loading. Import and export of Brazilian and Ogun skull

Copy that cool cool cool

grin grin grin grin Roger
Re: Brazil adopts Yoruba as official language - Lekkigists by kushercain: 11:23pm On Sep 11, 2018
NwaNimo1:
They'll regret it.... lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: Brazil adopts Yoruba as official language - Lekkigists by Obi1kenobi(m): 11:28pm On Sep 11, 2018
wowcatty:
Who wants to recognize a burrowed language? Hope they can now see the need to be original like the Yoruba.I just can't for the life of me understand why anyone will just come out of the bush and then say he's mate or higher than the one ahead of him. The biggest insult is for these people to even think they are close to Yoruba on anything when Ifa alone put us up there as #2 religion in the world, if only the Ooni can figure out his job as the spiritual leader.

I'm curious. What exactly does the emboldened mean?

1 Like

Re: Brazil adopts Yoruba as official language - Lekkigists by ashjay001(m): 11:32pm On Sep 11, 2018
johnmattew:
while modern yoruba people, especially those in lagos are adopting British English and phonetics as their language

irony of life

Brazilian Afonjagrin

1 Like

Re: Brazil adopts Yoruba as official language - Lekkigists by DoTheNeedful: 11:32pm On Sep 11, 2018
Bede2u:
google equitorial guinue...check igbo landing in georgia u.s

What about Equatorial Guinea? It's the Igbos there that speak the language. Many of them have been living there since the civil war. I'm sure you haven't even been there before yet you sound authoritative.

2 Likes

Re: Brazil adopts Yoruba as official language - Lekkigists by Chibuzoc(m): 11:32pm On Sep 11, 2018
wowcatty:
At least we are better than you skull planting cannibals who have nothing to offer the world except propaganda.

You get original brazilian Skull cheesy cheesy cheesy the one wey dem scrap brazilian hair from
Re: Brazil adopts Yoruba as official language - Lekkigists by chiedozie198100: 11:57pm On Sep 11, 2018
so Yorubas have finally and officially accepted that they sold their brothers and sisters into slavery?

why am I even surprised, after all, AFONJA was a Yoruba man.
Re: Brazil adopts Yoruba as official language - Lekkigists by RexTramadol1: 11:59pm On Sep 11, 2018
Funny

Like it's a trophy.

Abi lager beer
Re: Brazil adopts Yoruba as official language - Lekkigists by Bede2u(m): 12:00am On Sep 12, 2018
DoTheNeedful:

What about Equatorial Guinea? It's the Igbos there that speak the language. Many of them have been living there since the civil war. I'm sure you haven't even been there before yet you sound authoritative.
is it the japanese in brazil that will be speaking the Yoruba?
Re: Brazil adopts Yoruba as official language - Lekkigists by MabuM: 12:04am On Sep 12, 2018
pol23:
Beautiful....
I wonder why many people back home are trying not to let their kids understand the language..
Now our kids names are.
Ronaldo.
Gerrard.
Neymar and all sort.

Even plant and Animal have systematic method of naming that tells a certain history of the plant just by the name (Nomenclature)
Same as when you hear Manihot Reptans ...without much story you already know it's a specie of Cassava.

pol23:
Beautiful....
Now our kids names are.
Ronaldo.
Gerrard.
Neymar and all sort.

pol23:
Beautiful....
Now our kids names are.
Ronaldo.
Gerrard.
Neymar and all sort.

The systematic naming of plants is TAXONOMY while cassava is manihot spp with the commonest being manihot esculenta.

Nice post with the truth from you.

1 Like

Re: Brazil adopts Yoruba as official language - Lekkigists by activistnofear(m): 12:07am On Sep 12, 2018
dat it is. Yoruba dialect now becoming an international language. and still, some ALAKORE ALAKADA that call themselves modern yorubas will hinder their children from learning and speaking their mother tongue. Awon eleleya..... afi kaba kowin ologbo...
As for me, even if i learn 1000 languages, Yoruba dialect will still remain fluent on my tongue. bawaaaaaaaaaaa, bayi si ooooo

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Brazil adopts Yoruba as official language - Lekkigists by BininKingdom: 12:18am On Sep 12, 2018
Brazil have over 150 languages and non of them is their official Language let alone Yoruba.

so una dey plan to replace Portuguese with Yoruba language?

1 Like

Re: Brazil adopts Yoruba as official language - Lekkigists by Nobody: 12:27am On Sep 12, 2018
LekkiGists:

Fake News.
Link Please.
Re: Brazil adopts Yoruba as official language - Lekkigists by Arkmanbuddy(m): 12:31am On Sep 12, 2018
pol23:
Beautiful....
Now our kids names are.
Ronaldo.
Gerrard.
Neymar and all sort.

Ijekuje niyen o!

4 Likes

Re: Brazil adopts Yoruba as official language - Lekkigists by 3Ceagle(m): 12:55am On Sep 12, 2018
Nice development. Won't it be fantastic if the various tribes in African can project their culture and tradition without bias and name calling by others?
Re: Brazil adopts Yoruba as official language - Lekkigists by wowcatty: 1:07am On Sep 12, 2018
Just show me where you planted the ones you just ate their flesh and I will mine them in seconds.
Chibuzoc:

You get original brazilian Skull cheesy cheesy cheesy the one wey dem scrap brazilian hair from
Re: Brazil adopts Yoruba as official language - Lekkigists by wowcatty: 1:15am On Sep 12, 2018
Exactly what it says!
Obi1kenobi:

I'm curious. What exactly does the emboldened mean?

1 Like

Re: Brazil adopts Yoruba as official language - Lekkigists by Simbrixton(m): 1:17am On Sep 12, 2018
BininKingdom:
Brazil have over 150 languages and non of them is their official Language let alone Yoruba.

so una dey plan to replace Portuguese with Yoruba language?
una dan join the igbos

1 Like

Re: Brazil adopts Yoruba as official language - Lekkigists by donqx: 1:22am On Sep 12, 2018
hmm

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Igboho: Oro Worshippers Impose 7-day Curfew; Women, Visitors To Remain Indoors / Oba Aruna Ishola: "Any Oba Who Sees Me Will Die" / Ooni, Enitan Ogunwusi, Returns From The Forest With The Traditional Crown

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.