Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,429 members, 7,822,982 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 08:48 PM

Brazil adopts Yoruba as official language - Lekkigists - Culture (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Brazil adopts Yoruba as official language - Lekkigists (62399 Views)

Maryland, USA Adds Yoruba as Language for Driver Learner’s Permit Test / 5 Foreign Countries That Speaks YORUBA, No. 3 Use It As Official Language / Brazil Now Adopts Yoruba As Official Language (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Brazil adopts Yoruba as official language - Lekkigists by Obi1kenobi(m): 1:51am On Sep 12, 2018
wowcatty:
Exactly what it says!

It sounds like bullshiit though. Which was why I needed you to clarify what it meant. How is the Ifa tradition the number 2 religion in the world? By what metrics?

2 Likes

Re: Brazil adopts Yoruba as official language - Lekkigists by wowcatty: 2:04am On Sep 12, 2018
The only thing that is bullshitt is you. Clarifying to you will be like giving diamond to a pig, just focus on your people being known for something aside propaganda
Obi1kenobi:

It sounds like bullshiit though. Which was why I needed you to clarify what it meant. How is the Ifa tradition the number 2 religion in the world? By what metrics?

2 Likes

Re: Brazil adopts Yoruba as official language - Lekkigists by Obi1kenobi(m): 2:37am On Sep 12, 2018
wowcatty:
The only thing that is bullshitt is you. Clarifying to you will be like giving diamond to a pig, just focus on your people being known for something aside propaganda

I was genuinely curious as to the origin of the statement. grin I was prepared to be confounded by a fact I never knew before but you're just beating around the bush to avoid my question. How did you come about the claim that Ifa is the number 2 religion in the world? What exactly does that mean? What metric did you use? Where is your source?

2 Likes

Re: Brazil adopts Yoruba as official language - Lekkigists by DaddyELEPHANT: 2:42am On Sep 12, 2018
Hotfreeze:

100 years from now, Igbo language would be extinct. Unicef said 50 years but I'm adding another 50 years to give it a decent burial.
lol you are kind to have doubled it, but what's the point of giving them an elusive hope

1 Like

Re: Brazil adopts Yoruba as official language - Lekkigists by MYHUBBY: 2:48am On Sep 12, 2018
Nightmareo07:
Watch how yorubas (AKA Afonjas , AKA skull miners) chest beating on this topic,
But when igbos do they call it "INFERIORITY COMPLEX ".
Iv neva seen an evious tribe is YORUBA TRIBE.
When other tribes achieve greatness they become envious and treacherous.

These Skull miners are poisonous

what greatness has your tribe achieved? than littering yourself inside prisons?

sha no commit suicide with this unnecessary hate

3 Likes

Re: Brazil adopts Yoruba as official language - Lekkigists by MYHUBBY: 2:55am On Sep 12, 2018
Igbo must hate but why? no individual, group, nation hate other without any reason progress

if the headline read "Brazil recognise Igbo language as their official language, we won't hear words how Igbo have been developing Brazil for a decade. Igbo that can't develop their isolated region aren't ashamed to boost of developing other region and country made me think If their abnormality is indeed a result of their failed psychology traits or natural

3 Likes

Re: Brazil adopts Yoruba as official language - Lekkigists by EmirAbj: 2:58am On Sep 12, 2018
Is Like Na Only Yoruba Get Culture For This Country, Very Soon They Will Introduce Hausa And My Own Language Igbo too
Re: Brazil adopts Yoruba as official language - Lekkigists by Konquest: 3:04am On Sep 12, 2018
Re: Brazil adopts Yoruba as official language - Lekkigists by 1Sharon(f): 3:18am On Sep 12, 2018
Bede2u:
google equitorial guinue...check igbo landing in georgia u.s
the language is popular in east Asian prisons too

1 Like

Re: Brazil adopts Yoruba as official language - Lekkigists by longjon: 3:48am On Sep 12, 2018
BininKingdom:
Brazil have over 150 languages and non of them is their official Language let alone Yoruba.

so una dey plan to replace Portuguese with Yoruba language?

You dey mind these illiterates . The article clearly said Yoruba was recognized as a FOREIGN language . Leave them to their chest beating
Re: Brazil adopts Yoruba as official language - Lekkigists by wowcatty: 4:07am On Sep 12, 2018
Who cares about what your intentions are! Are you not igbo, a people who would rather die than say the truth? This kind of topics are not for you, it's ATARI AJANAKU TI KII S'ERU OMODE. When the people with good intentions show interest, you can take note and follow the convo from the side.
Obi1kenobi:

I was genuinely curious as to the origin of the statement. grin I was prepared to be confounded by a fact I never knew before but you're just beating around the bush to avoid my question. How did you come about the claim that Ifa is the number 2 religion in the world? What exactly does that mean? What metric did you use? Where is your source?

2 Likes

Re: Brazil adopts Yoruba as official language - Lekkigists by ernieboy(m): 4:30am On Sep 12, 2018
Obi1kenobi:

how is ifa no. 2 religion? is ifa as big as Christianity and islam? ifa is not even as big as Buddhism and even in Brazil where ifa is majorly practised outside Nigeria Roman Catholicism is still far bigger. to clarify when I say a religion is bigger I am referring to the number of adherents of such religion.
Re: Brazil adopts Yoruba as official language - Lekkigists by ernieboy(m): 4:38am On Sep 12, 2018
how come no major news outlet outside of dodgy Nigerian blogs have reported this news? a news of this magnitude will be carried not just by unknown blogs but by major Brazilian media, all searches only point to unknown Nigerian blogs.

2 Likes

Re: Brazil adopts Yoruba as official language - Lekkigists by Nobody: 4:55am On Sep 12, 2018
johnmattew:
while modern yoruba people, especially those in lagos are adopting British English and phonetics as their language

irony of life
I started to think everyone in lagos has lived in England before... grin
Re: Brazil adopts Yoruba as official language - Lekkigists by JAMESOJAY: 5:48am On Sep 12, 2018
It won't change the fact that the Yourbas are still cowards and slaves

Lol
Re: Brazil adopts Yoruba as official language - Lekkigists by emperorblog(m): 5:54am On Sep 12, 2018
i know that my grandfather run from brazil to nigeria . chai d man no tryco

majority of brazilian are yorubq. they worship sango nd alifq theee ifcu dobt beleive goan watch some clip of brazil 2014 world cup
Re: Brazil adopts Yoruba as official language - Lekkigists by Naijazeus: 6:21am On Sep 12, 2018
totit:

I thought IBOmuslims are less cruel than their ibochristians counterparts shocked
They both have common denominator:igbo, which is synonymous to cruelty

1 Like

Re: Brazil adopts Yoruba as official language - Lekkigists by Nobody: 7:06am On Sep 12, 2018
See employment opporunity
Re: Brazil adopts Yoruba as official language - Lekkigists by gregyboy(m): 7:06am On Sep 12, 2018
pol23:
Beautiful....
Thousands of miles away from Home ... they make Yoruba official language...
I wonder why many people back home are trying not to let their kids understand the language..
Same as my Igbo brothers.....
Let's not be ashamed of our language...
Now our kids names are.
Ronaldo.
Gerrard.
Neymar and all sort.

Even plant and Animal have systematic method of naming that tells a certain history of the plant just by the name (Nomenclature)
Anybody bearing Ifakayode already tells you He's a Yoruba and a Ifa worshipper.
Same as when you hear Manihot Reptans ...without much story you already know it's a specie of Cassava.

E mi o je fi owo Osi juwele Baba mi.
Omo Ibadan,ajegbin je ikaraunn.

Is language our solution in dis country....hmm? So many languages inside one Nigeria tribalism everywhere the english we used to communicate u have tagged it evil bcus its from the white...i still wonder what u hold prestige in this our language that never brought development to us if u wanna criticize the white men u should start with the phones and clothes on u or even ur bative attair made from whitemen machines....

Modify* u should be ashamed u sold urselves as slaves cheaply to the white if not this wont be news

1 Like

Re: Brazil adopts Yoruba as official language - Lekkigists by SlayerForever: 7:17am On Sep 12, 2018
But there's absolute nowhere in the report it was stated Yoruba was made an official language. Absolutely nowhere. It says Yoruba was added to the educational curriculum for compulsory study. That's not the same as making a language official. Infact,in a country like Brazil it is not possible.

4 Likes

Re: Brazil adopts Yoruba as official language - Lekkigists by IbrahimDamola: 7:18am On Sep 12, 2018
We yorubas are very happy we sold plenty of our people as slaves during slavery to go work as slaves in Brazil and carribeans and during kiriji war. If we hadn't done that, nobody would have been speaking yoruba in brazil today. No wonder other tribes don't trust us. We betray and sell our own a lot. grin

We must continue to sell our people even to gambaris till today. Insha Allahu!
Re: Brazil adopts Yoruba as official language - Lekkigists by myself13: 7:19am On Sep 12, 2018
actually, the forseen one world government will definitely come to be. its only a matter of time.work in progress.I just don't wanna experience it. @TheBiggerPicture.
Re: Brazil adopts Yoruba as official language - Lekkigists by SlayerForever: 7:26am On Sep 12, 2018
BininKingdom:
Brazil have over 150 languages and non of them is their official Language let alone Yoruba.

so una dey plan to replace Portuguese with Yoruba language?

See me o. There's nowhere in the writeup it was said Yoruba was made official language. Absolutely nowhere. It's not even possible in a country like Brazil with so many different races.
Re: Brazil adopts Yoruba as official language - Lekkigists by SlayerForever: 7:28am On Sep 12, 2018
ernieboy:
how come no major news outlet outside of dodgy Nigerian blogs have reported this news? a news of this magnitude will be carried not just by unknown blogs but by major Brazilian media, all searches only point to unknown Nigerian blogs.

Nigerians are dumb eh! No mind them.
Re: Brazil adopts Yoruba as official language - Lekkigists by Nobody: 7:34am On Sep 12, 2018
so what hardship has done to Brazilians.
Re: Brazil adopts Yoruba as official language - Lekkigists by deebrownneymar: 7:34am On Sep 12, 2018
Yorubas and Igbos making Nigeria proud. Hausas are known for medical tourism. Yikes.
Re: Brazil adopts Yoruba as official language - Lekkigists by emonkey(m): 7:57am On Sep 12, 2018
Shortyy:
Lmao this is laughable. All I see is wole Soyinka, a woman on bikini and one white guy. Are they the Brazilians?

Guy, which kind chinko phone with broken screen you dey use ? grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Igboho: Oro Worshippers Impose 7-day Curfew; Women, Visitors To Remain Indoors / Oba Aruna Ishola: "Any Oba Who Sees Me Will Die" / Ooni, Enitan Ogunwusi, Returns From The Forest With The Traditional Crown

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.