Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,465 members, 7,836,839 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 01:26 PM

Tinubu Instructed Us To Work For Sanwo-olu's Emergence As Governor -APC Elders - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tinubu Instructed Us To Work For Sanwo-olu's Emergence As Governor -APC Elders (37139 Views)

VIDEO: "Slain Ekiti Monarchs Instructed Us To Vote APC" Ekiti residents / Battle For Lagos: Ambode Turns To God As APC Elders Seal His Fate / Tinubu Has Final Say On Next Lagos Governor — APC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tinubu Instructed Us To Work For Sanwo-olu's Emergence As Governor -APC Elders by shegzy30: 10:16am On Sep 12, 2018
meolaniyi:
mention one Oba in Lagos that is not a Muslim in Lagos State. Lagos is a muslim state. Its the visitors that make up the christian population
You are a retard homo-sapient taken religious above good governance. In all the write-up above where did you come across anything concerning religion? but as usual, you prefer to show everyone the level of your religion extremism.
Re: Tinubu Instructed Us To Work For Sanwo-olu's Emergence As Governor -APC Elders by Mystiquefia: 10:16am On Sep 12, 2018
meolaniyi:
mention one Oba in Lagos that is not a Muslim in Lagos State. Lagos is a muslim state. Its the visitors that make up the christian population
Tonniepearl:
. The evil muslimis that came from Osun and other parts now want to claim Lagos again ooo... Who told you these evils are predominantly natives of Lagos? Mtcheeeeeeeeeeewwwwwwwwwwww
Odingo1:

We Yoruba muslims must take Lagos, it belong us. grin grin cheesy grin
Tonniepearl:
. The evil muslimis that came from Osun and other parts now want to claim Lagos again ooo... Who told you these evils are predominantly natives of Lagos? Mtcheeeeeeeeeeewwwwwwwwwwww

Chukwudi, Keep Changing Monikers. We Know Its Still You

2 Likes

Re: Tinubu Instructed Us To Work For Sanwo-olu's Emergence As Governor -APC Elders by tribalistseun: 10:16am On Sep 12, 2018
meolaniyi:
He is visionary leader
a thief who looted Lagos to madness

Re: Tinubu Instructed Us To Work For Sanwo-olu's Emergence As Governor -APC Elders by RexTramadol1: 10:16am On Sep 12, 2018
meolaniyi:
Good one. Lagos is predominantly native muslims. Its only fair we support a muslim governor. Samwo Olu all the way

Wake up!
Re: Tinubu Instructed Us To Work For Sanwo-olu's Emergence As Governor -APC Elders by Blitzerz: 10:17am On Sep 12, 2018
meolaniyi:
Your logic goes like this
Buhari is a muslim
Most of his cabals are Muslims
Therefore Nigeria is a muslim country...

Chai You are really intelligent sha.... undecided
Re: Tinubu Instructed Us To Work For Sanwo-olu's Emergence As Governor -APC Elders by Walehelt(m): 10:17am On Sep 12, 2018
so this old man think he will be alive forever?
Re: Tinubu Instructed Us To Work For Sanwo-olu's Emergence As Governor -APC Elders by Nobody: 10:18am On Sep 12, 2018
meolaniyi:
Good one. Lagos is predominantly native muslims. Its only fair we support a muslim governor. Samwo Olu all the way
religious bigotry won't lead us anywhere. No wonder buhari called your likes lazy youths. Most of my friends are Muslims and I'm a Christian I voted buhari, a Muslim in 2015 and I have voted Tinubu and fashola who were Muslim governors. By the way, I decline to accept your claim that Lagos is predominantly a Muslim state. If you said, the occupants of the Lagos political space are Muslims, I'd agree with you. Christians never was interested in Lagos politics until lately. Wait a minute, go to every street and count the number of churches relative to mosques and come back here to tell us something . If we're to be voting along religious lines in Lagos, Muslims won't have a single slot. With your likes, we're beginning to smell a rat. I'm glad femi otedola too is showing interest in the race. The battle line has just been drawn. We're beginning to know what has been hidden from us in Lagos from ages. Tinubu's political godfatherism is nearing its end in Lagos, Mark my words. Even if ambide loses the primary, we'd vote him in whatever party he defects to and he would win. Yes doing a great job in Lagos nobody is an island Tinubu would soon realise this

4 Likes

Re: Tinubu Instructed Us To Work For Sanwo-olu's Emergence As Governor -APC Elders by gorgeous888(f): 10:18am On Sep 12, 2018
First, it was fashola he had problem with. Right now, its ambode! The man get serious problem!
Re: Tinubu Instructed Us To Work For Sanwo-olu's Emergence As Governor -APC Elders by nairagenius: 10:18am On Sep 12, 2018
We should read this and get our leaders to act.

Check out @KenJayZ’s Tweet: https://twitter.com/KenJayZ/status/1038660058098352128?s=08 Read, buy-in, like and retweet. If we all speak with one voice, we can get this done and then expect to see a better Nigeria.
Re: Tinubu Instructed Us To Work For Sanwo-olu's Emergence As Governor -APC Elders by GSA01: 10:19am On Sep 12, 2018
The same scenario played out, when Fashola was seeking 2nd term, and they both settled their differences then, Same scenario is playing out now, Tinubu just want Ambode to convince him that he is still on course..
Re: Tinubu Instructed Us To Work For Sanwo-olu's Emergence As Governor -APC Elders by FastShipping: 10:19am On Sep 12, 2018
meolaniyi:
there is no discord in or argument. The only oppoutunity time a christian was given oppotunity he messed it up. Who was Ambode before now. You are pained we are not ready to gamble with Lagos again. Ambode must go. Any party can win Lagos so far as the person is muslim. If you like call me ibo no wahala.

You're a clown. You're not Yoruba or Muslim. You're igbo. We know your history in politics section. Chukwu okike abiama strikes you if you lie again there.

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Instructed Us To Work For Sanwo-olu's Emergence As Governor -APC Elders by Newmanluckyman(m): 10:20am On Sep 12, 2018
...why is it that the Yorubas are not united and they don't speak with one voice.? Why?
Re: Tinubu Instructed Us To Work For Sanwo-olu's Emergence As Governor -APC Elders by youngakodex: 10:20am On Sep 12, 2018
AMBODE IS WORKING EVERYDAY IN LAGOS WE ARE ALL SEEING HIS WORK IN THE STREET OF LAGOS......ESPECIALLY IN ABULE EGBA, OJODU BERGER, OSHODI, AGEGE AND OTHERS.... TINUBU WE DONT KNOW YOY AS LAGOS DICTATORS YOU ARE ALSO A FORMAL GOVERNORS ALLOW THIS YOUNG MAN TO COMPLETE HIS TENURE FROM 2019 AMBODE DOES’NT OWNED ANY CIVIL SERVANT PENNY IN LAGOS SO WHAT AMBODE DONE TO YOU AND YOUR FAKE GROUP IN LAGOS.....REMEMBER LAGOS BELONG TO BOTH CHRISTIAN AND MUSLIM EVEN THIRD RELIGIOUS....WE LAGOSIAN WANT AMBODE ONCE AGAIN
Re: Tinubu Instructed Us To Work For Sanwo-olu's Emergence As Governor -APC Elders by RexTramadol1: 10:20am On Sep 12, 2018
Sleekfingers:

Ambode cannot decamp. Which party pdp? Pdp is dead in Lagos. But if the decamp he will be destroying his political career.

I don't think tinubu will that stupid not to use ambode. Not using or impeaching an incumbent governor will be a disastrous call. And that will give the opposition party the opportunity.

Tinubu should think twice.

Ambo has a chance with any party

It's only campaign money that's the problem.
Re: Tinubu Instructed Us To Work For Sanwo-olu's Emergence As Governor -APC Elders by nairagenius: 10:21am On Sep 12, 2018
We should read this and get our leaders to act.

Check out @KenJayZ’s Tweet: https://twitter.com/KenJayZ/status/1038660058098352128?s=08 Read, buy-in, like and retweet. If we all speak with one voice, we can get this done and then expect to see a better Nigeria.
Re: Tinubu Instructed Us To Work For Sanwo-olu's Emergence As Governor -APC Elders by doyinbaby(f): 10:22am On Sep 12, 2018
Otedola will gallantly defeat sanwoolu

It is APC is planning to lose abi

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Instructed Us To Work For Sanwo-olu's Emergence As Governor -APC Elders by Nobody: 10:22am On Sep 12, 2018
tenmariner:
Power indeed is intoxicating. Why cook a problem at the very unnecessary period and time. Should Ambode lose the party primary, I pray Otedola wins for PDP so as to serve as a deterrent to this APC/ TINUBU political foolishness and miscalculations!!!
otrdola would definitely win. I pray he doesn't get threatebed by the political vultures ahead of 2019.

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Instructed Us To Work For Sanwo-olu's Emergence As Governor -APC Elders by shegzy30: 10:23am On Sep 12, 2018
FastShipping:

He's a clown. He's not a Yoruba. He's only using the "meolaniyi" to deceive people. That's how some of them do. They use either Yoruba or Muslim name to cause division.
hmm!....this your assertion can not be far from truth. I believe no Yoruba person will make such statement. Yoruba don't take religion above good governance.
Re: Tinubu Instructed Us To Work For Sanwo-olu's Emergence As Governor -APC Elders by Bullhari007(m): 10:23am On Sep 12, 2018
Ambo move to PDP now you can , Igbo constitute 2/3 of Lagos population, pick Igbo as ur deputy and fulfill the dream of have First Igbo Lagos governor after your second term , you will get their undying support and bury the cockroach eyes tinubu politically

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu Instructed Us To Work For Sanwo-olu's Emergence As Governor -APC Elders by FastShipping: 10:24am On Sep 12, 2018
awelekiti:
religious bigotry won't lead us anywhere. No wonder buhari called your likes lazy youths. Most of my friends are Muslims and I'm a Christian I voted buhari, a Muslim in 2015 and I have voted Tinubu and fashola who were Muslim governors. By the way, I decline to accept your claim that Lagos is predominantly a Muslim state. If you said, the occupants of the Lagos political space are Muslims, I'd agree with you. Christians never was interested in Lagos politics until lately. Wait a minute, go to every street and count the number of churches relative to mosques and come back here to tell us something . If we're to be voting along religious lines in Lagos, Muslims won't have a single slot. With your likes, we're beginning to smell a rat. I'm glad femi otedola too is showing interest in the race. The battle line has just been drawn. We're beginning to know what has been hidden from us in Lagos from ages. Tinubu's political godfatherism is nearing its end in Lagos, Mark my words. Even if ambide loses the primary, we'd vote him in whatever party he defects to and he would win. Yes doing a great job in Lagos nobody is an island Tinubu would soon realise this

Don't be deceived by his moniker "meolaniyi". He's not Yoruba or Muslim. He's igbo. He's only baiting Yorubas to argue amongst themselves. This is how some of them behave. He's a known miscreant.

3 Likes

Re: Tinubu Instructed Us To Work For Sanwo-olu's Emergence As Governor -APC Elders by Drekaz(m): 10:26am On Sep 12, 2018
meolaniyi:

I really wish I was never created to end up sharing the same bloody country with ur likes....#spits
Re: Tinubu Instructed Us To Work For Sanwo-olu's Emergence As Governor -APC Elders by FarahAideed: 10:27am On Sep 12, 2018
I smell the end of Tinubus era ...This is time to take back Nigeria
Re: Tinubu Instructed Us To Work For Sanwo-olu's Emergence As Governor -APC Elders by CSTR1005: 10:28am On Sep 12, 2018
FastShipping:

Don't be deceived by his moniker "meolaniyi". He's not Yoruba or Muslim. He's igbo. He's only baiting Yorubas to argue amongst themselves. This is how some of them behave. He's a known miscreant.
lol
Re: Tinubu Instructed Us To Work For Sanwo-olu's Emergence As Governor -APC Elders by Hoodbilonia: 10:31am On Sep 12, 2018
political slavery
a movie i am working on.
i must hammer at least 10,billion pounds from the movie
Re: Tinubu Instructed Us To Work For Sanwo-olu's Emergence As Governor -APC Elders by austineabba(m): 10:31am On Sep 12, 2018
meolaniyi:
people like you is why this country is backward. even the opposition party knows how Ambode is transforming Lagos State. Does his faith matters?
Re: Tinubu Instructed Us To Work For Sanwo-olu's Emergence As Governor -APC Elders by austineabba(m): 10:31am On Sep 12, 2018
meolaniyi:
people like you is why this country is backward. even the opposition party knows how Ambode is transforming Lagos State. Does his faith matters.
Re: Tinubu Instructed Us To Work For Sanwo-olu's Emergence As Governor -APC Elders by Dpharisee: 10:32am On Sep 12, 2018
meolaniyi:

Grow up!
Re: Tinubu Instructed Us To Work For Sanwo-olu's Emergence As Governor -APC Elders by surgical: 10:34am On Sep 12, 2018
meolaniyi:
is he a Muslim, are you sure
Re: Tinubu Instructed Us To Work For Sanwo-olu's Emergence As Governor -APC Elders by NairaMaster1(m): 10:38am On Sep 12, 2018
meolaniyi:

And you want plateau and Taraba states to have Muslim governors too.

Terrorists everywhere.
Re: Tinubu Instructed Us To Work For Sanwo-olu's Emergence As Governor -APC Elders by legba1(m): 10:38am On Sep 12, 2018
meolaniyi:

Will you pls park well..
Re: Tinubu Instructed Us To Work For Sanwo-olu's Emergence As Governor -APC Elders by ahamonyeka(m): 10:43am On Sep 12, 2018
nairavsdollars:
The scenario that played out in the Lagos State chapter of the All Progressives Congress (APC) during the build-up to the reelection of Babatunde Raji Fashola, former governor of Lagos, is repeating itself as the chances of his successor, Governor Akinwunmi Ambode, who is seeking a second term is slim.

Daily Independent had last week exclusively reported that Ambode may have incurred the wrath of some elders in the party who felt shortchanged by his administration.

Sources even alleged that the demand by Bola Tinubu, National Leader of APC, during the last stakeholders’ meeting of the party on August 14 that the Lagos State chapter will go for direct primaries is targeted at the governor.

As at Tuesday, all the 20 local government chairmen and 37 Local Council Development Areas’ (LCDAs) chairmen in Lagos have endorsed the governorship ambition of a dark horse, Babajide Sanwo-Olu, a former Commissioner for Establishment, Training and Pensions, who is now the Managing Director of the Lagos State Property Development Corporation (LSDPC).

Daily Independent gathered that the Nomination and Expression of Interest forms were purchased for Sanwo-Olu by the Mandate Group, a group of party leaders and local government chairmen loyal to Asiwaju Ahmed Bola Tinubu.

In a viral video circulating on Tuesday which was seen by Daily Independent, Asipa Kaoli Olusanya, the APC State Vice Chairman, Lagos East Senatorial District, said their leader, Tinubu, has instructed them that Sanwo-Olu is the next governor of Lagos State.

Speaking further, Olusanya, who was a former Commissioner for Agric in Lagos State added that it was Tinubu who instructed them to queue behind Babatunde Fashola in 2006, queue behind Governor Ambode during the 2015 election and now support Sanwo-Olu as the candidate for APC in the 2019 elections.

He said, “In 2006, we were in the council, cabinet of Lagos State. We have a large number of aspirants wanting to be governor. When Asiwaju (Bola Tinubu) gave the signal, those of us who believe that this is a visionary leader who can be trusted, because it is God who appoints a leader in a season. This season, this is the man whom God appoints and we all accepted.

“Where (he) Tinubu directed us then, many protested then that his preferred candidate doesn’t know anybody in the party, be it ward, women, or party leader. Then, we went to Adebola House, it was a serious fight but our oga (leader) insisted that this is my preferred candidate who will succeed me as governor of Lagos State? Did we enjoy him or not? We enjoyed him because he performed creditably well.

“During the 2015 election, our oga again gave signal. Some people again protested, saying this person you are canvassing for the position is just a civil servant. Each time oga makes recommendation or say this is where we are going, some of us who believe in him, we don’t question it.

“We follow it and we have never regretted it. This one that oga has again given us and we accepted it because we believe our oga and we believe in God because it is God that chooses a leader in any season. The leader God has chosen for us, this one he has given us as his preferred candidate, we will be successful.

“We may be wondering why is this so? But if we yield to our boss’ direction wholeheartedly, we will be happy at the end of it. His preferred candidate right now is our man, our brother, our son, our member, our friend. It is the person Jagaban hands over to us as his choice, we will follow. By the grace of God and the support of the people of Lagos State, we will assume the leadership in the State House by God’s grace. Sanwo-Olu will sit as the next governor of Lagos State. If he assumes the position, none of us will be missing in action”.

Olusanya’s position was corroborated by Cardinal James Odunmbaku, the former Deputy Chairman of APC in Lagos, who emphatically said, “Honourable Babajide Sanwo-Olu is the incoming governor of Lagos State”.

Speaking with our correspondent on Tuesday, a local government chairman who spoke on condition of anonymity, said they have respect for Ambode as governor but their ultimate loyalty as far as Lagos politics is concerned goes to Asiwaju Bola Tinubu, who is the political godfather of the state.

The female council boss when asked about the earlier endorsement of Ambode by the 57 council chairmen in the state said, “Yes, we all endorsed Ambode for second term given the fact that he performed and the tradition in the state since 1999 where serving governors are asked to return. But now that our party leaders have withdrawn support for the governor, we have no option than to toe that line”.

https://independent.ng/2019-tinubu-apc-leaders-move-to-stop-ambodes-re-election/
I don't know why this brown teeth man will sit at the comfort of his house and be dictating what happens .
Re: Tinubu Instructed Us To Work For Sanwo-olu's Emergence As Governor -APC Elders by Quality20(m): 10:45am On Sep 12, 2018
Lagos isn't dominated by Muslims o.i its only d natives that are predominantly Muslims ,but not d overall population. The case of
Lagos is only similar to places like jos north in plateau , where d natives are now outnumbered by d Hausa settlers

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Drama Of Ex-IGP Adamu’s Removal / Gunshots As Hoodlums Attack Soldiers At Kano Explosion Scene / Senate President Bukola Saraki Updates His Twitter Account

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.