Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,742 members, 7,817,051 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:07 AM

Incredible Facts They Never Told You About IBADAN - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Incredible Facts They Never Told You About IBADAN (33791 Views)

Incredible New Footage Shows Titanic Wreck In Highest Quality Ever (Video, Pics) / Incredible Facts They Never Told You About IJEBU * / 15 Incredible Facts About Air Travel (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Incredible Facts They Never Told You About IBADAN by Lordofthewest(m): 2:08pm On Sep 13, 2018
The average yoruba don't like speaking English even the professors, English isn't our language abeg I see no reason why anyone should go about bragging of speaking good English..id rather boast of speaking pidgin instead who English epp?
Alvin007:

When next you visit and you need an interpreter, don’t hesitate to holla. Some of us understand English plenty plenty. grin

14 Likes

Re: Incredible Facts They Never Told You About IBADAN by totit: 2:09pm On Sep 13, 2018
grin

Ibadan grin

Re: Incredible Facts They Never Told You About IBADAN by Lordofthewest(m): 2:10pm On Sep 13, 2018
Ode..That's because while ibadan people were living in brown roof buildings your people were still walking around buttnaked and living in trees most of those brown roofs have been there long before Nigeria gained independence,stop disgracing your lineage.
mariesnikz:
Ibadan has the highest number of brown roofs in the whole of Africa...

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Incredible Facts They Never Told You About IBADAN by Ttipsy(f): 2:10pm On Sep 13, 2018
upon all these your Facts bla bla the Ibandan Your talking about don't have a functional Airport. lol
Re: Incredible Facts They Never Told You About IBADAN by Nobody: 2:11pm On Sep 13, 2018
True Ibadan is a fine city.

2 Likes

Re: Incredible Facts They Never Told You About IBADAN by damtan(m): 2:12pm On Sep 13, 2018
dentrice:
The ladies can bleach for Africa!!!!!. 95% of ladies in ibadan have bleached their skin to pieces.
We know people like you

4 Likes

Re: Incredible Facts They Never Told You About IBADAN by totit: 2:13pm On Sep 13, 2018
Ibadan they don't want you to see...

grin

1 Like

Re: Incredible Facts They Never Told You About IBADAN by khvnggift(m): 2:14pm On Sep 13, 2018
Dat Cocoa house isnt true oh. Only 22 Stories
Re: Incredible Facts They Never Told You About IBADAN by damtan(m): 2:15pm On Sep 13, 2018
DeepSight:

The truth is that Ibadan cannot be described as a city in modern terms. Ibadan is a very large (albeit historically illustrious) town.
i guess you don't understand the definition of a city in "modern terms"

4 Likes

Re: Incredible Facts They Never Told You About IBADAN by bigfish3k: 2:16pm On Sep 13, 2018
u didnt add that ibadan is covered with brown roofs from an aerial view
Re: Incredible Facts They Never Told You About IBADAN by totit: 2:18pm On Sep 13, 2018
Facts are facts , they are not base or conducted base on anger,bitterness or sentiments nor envy ...

Abeg, shift grin

More, Ibadan ..

5 Likes

Re: Incredible Facts They Never Told You About IBADAN by rocoh(m): 2:19pm On Sep 13, 2018
God bless ibadan.

2 Likes

Re: Incredible Facts They Never Told You About IBADAN by totit: 2:21pm On Sep 13, 2018
Every city,country,place has it rural and urban areas .. No be so? grin

2 Likes

Re: Incredible Facts They Never Told You About IBADAN by rocoh(m): 2:21pm On Sep 13, 2018
Ibadan Anthem

Ibadan Ilu Ori oke
Ilu Ibukun Oluwa
K’Oluwa se o nibukun
Fun Onile at’Alejo

Egbe: Eho e yo ke si gberin
Ogo f’Olorun wa Io’orun
Ibukun ti Obangiji
Wa pelu re wo Ibadan

Ibadan ilu to ngbajeji
Tiko si gbagbe omo re
Kife ara ko wa sibe
Fun Onile at’Alejo

Ibadan, ilu Jagunjagun
Awon to so o dilu nla
Awa omo re ko ni je
K’ola ti ogo won run

Mo wo lati ori oke
Bi ewa re ti dara to
B’odo re ko tile dara
Sibe o Ia Ibadan ja

Ibadan ilu ori oke
K’Oluwa se o nibukun
Ki gbogbo Joye inu re
Je elemi gigun fun wa

Egbe: Eho eho ke si gberin

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Incredible Facts They Never Told You About IBADAN by khvnggift(m): 2:23pm On Sep 13, 2018
mariesnikz:
Ibadan has the highest number of brown roofs in the whole of Africa...
Do U have to quote everything
Re: Incredible Facts They Never Told You About IBADAN by MVPChampsBlue(m): 2:25pm On Sep 13, 2018
Oya! All Ibadan Indigene Come here let take a selfie.

3 Likes

Re: Incredible Facts They Never Told You About IBADAN by proxillin(m): 2:25pm On Sep 13, 2018
totit:
Confirmed !

grin

It's not about individual assumptions or hatred its about the truth,research and what the world is saying out there...

cool

Oga Lagos is a state..Ibadan is a town...receive sense

2 Likes

Re: Incredible Facts They Never Told You About IBADAN by ItzBIM(m): 2:27pm On Sep 13, 2018
Ivanmykel:
Yeah, the city is cool, cheap, not as busy as Lagos. My only problem with them is communication and slow development, majority of them do not understand English.
It's a nice place to cool off though, I love IB City.

I assume you are not Yoruba, because I wonder why you would want to converse in a foreign mans language rather than your own. Isn’t that mental slavery ?

8 Likes

Re: Incredible Facts They Never Told You About IBADAN by Ubah199(m): 2:28pm On Sep 13, 2018
You no put the last one on the list *Ibadan has the most horrifying place in the world *soka* I never want to go there because of that soka

1 Like

Re: Incredible Facts They Never Told You About IBADAN by Nobody: 2:28pm On Sep 13, 2018
Ibadan has the tallest building in Africa? What kind of lie is this nah?
Ibadan with its huge landmass does not still have the largest urban area in Nigeria
This is from Wikipedia

Re: Incredible Facts They Never Told You About IBADAN by Nobody: 2:28pm On Sep 13, 2018
ehispapa:

please tell me what is cool about Ibadan? i was born there and my primary are Army Children School before we moved out. i always visit but nothing catches my fancy in that city
Ibadan is a very big city.. When you are cave in a spot, it would be hard for you to see the beauty of the city.. During my first two years in school, i felt same till i started making friends and moving out. Ibadan is the coolest city in south west you can ever dream of starting life in/at.

9 Likes

Re: Incredible Facts They Never Told You About IBADAN by totit: 2:29pm On Sep 13, 2018
proxillin:

Oga Lagos is a state..Ibadan is a town...receive sense

I can't remember arguing over that with you or anyone Remind me please ?

Anyway , if that's a your way of sounding intelligent or smart well, I am sorry it D.O.A

And who are you by the way? The world call it a city , you call it a state. Gooooan sit down my friend.
Re: Incredible Facts They Never Told You About IBADAN by Nobody: 2:30pm On Sep 13, 2018
Ubah199:
You no put the last one on the list *Ibadan has the most horrifying place in the world *soka* I never want to go there because of that soka
i spent about 7 years in Ib city, and i hardly know more than one local government, and it's not like i know the local govt very well self. Ibadan is not your village. You might decide to spend the rest of your life in that beautiful city and you'd be surprise you wouldn't even hear or go anywhere near that Soka till you'd die.

11 Likes

Re: Incredible Facts They Never Told You About IBADAN by totit: 2:32pm On Sep 13, 2018
grin

They don't want you to see this ..
Ibadan ..

2 Likes

Re: Incredible Facts They Never Told You About IBADAN by Nobody: 2:32pm On Sep 13, 2018

Re: Incredible Facts They Never Told You About IBADAN by Nobody: 2:33pm On Sep 13, 2018
Ttipsy:
upon all these your Facts bla bla
the Ibandan Your talking about don't have a functional Airport. lol
buh Anambra do have one

3 Likes

Re: Incredible Facts They Never Told You About IBADAN by Cardozzo(m): 2:33pm On Sep 13, 2018
Thebwoy:
Largest supermarket in Africa Are u kidding me
Have you being to south Africa and morroco
Motherfucking Hater Spotted..... help yourself to learn... its the largest....

4 Likes

Re: Incredible Facts They Never Told You About IBADAN by tunjijones(m): 2:35pm On Sep 13, 2018
ehispapa:

please tell me what is cool about Ibadan? i was born there and my primary are Army Children School before we moved out. i always visit but nothing catches my fancy in that city

Where are you now?

1 Like

Re: Incredible Facts They Never Told You About IBADAN by Eeyaniyi(m): 2:35pm On Sep 13, 2018
If actually Ibadan hosts the first set of Secondary schools in Nigeria, such as:
• St. Anne's School, Molete 1868,
• Ibadan Grammar School, Molete, 1913,
• Ibadan Boys High School, 1938,
• Government College, Apata, Ibadan 1927,
• Queen School, Apata, Ibadan 1956,
• St Patrick Grammar School 1962,
• Ibadan City Academy, Eleta 1946,
• Wesley College, Elekuro, (a teacher training college) 1905,
• St. Theresa’s Girl School, Oke-Ado, 1932,
• Yejide Girls Grammar School, Kudeti, 1956,
• Loyola College, Agodi,1954
• Lagelu Grammar School, Agugu, 1958
• Igbo Elerin Grammar School, via Ibadan, 1957.

Where then is the place of CMS Grammar School, Lagos?

I need to be educated, pls.
Re: Incredible Facts They Never Told You About IBADAN by emperorblog(m): 2:35pm On Sep 13, 2018
Chriswazo:
Am proud of the city. I did my NYSC there, precisely at Ido. The city is cool mehn, wish i can go back there
Re: Incredible Facts They Never Told You About IBADAN by Crossboy(m): 2:36pm On Sep 13, 2018
horlatunes:
proudly Omo Ibadan

Omo Ibadan kini so re? �
So Sure Ni. Kilo Je Lana? grin

2 Likes

Re: Incredible Facts They Never Told You About IBADAN by Ttipsy(f): 2:38pm On Sep 13, 2018
IntrovertedK:
buh Anambra do have one
what is my business if Anambra has or not? fool I'm telling you, upon all the facts here the city can't boast of an Airport. lol

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Maiduguri 45°c: Fire Service Sprays Cool Water To Mitigate The Harsh Weather / Terrible Accident In Nyanya Abuja, Many Passengers Killed (Graphic Photos) / The Commissioning Of The Ilaje Bariga Ferry Terminal (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.