Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,164,992 members, 7,859,549 topics. Date: Thursday, 13 June 2024 at 02:33 PM

APC Elders: No Anointed Aspirant For Lagos Governor - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / APC Elders: No Anointed Aspirant For Lagos Governor (522 Views)

Battle For Lagos: Ambode Turns To God As APC Elders Seal His Fate / Tinubu Instructed Us To Work For Sanwo-olu's Emergence As Governor -APC Elders / 2019: How Ambode Incurred Wrath Of Lagos APC Elders (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

APC Elders: No Anointed Aspirant For Lagos Governor by sarrki(m): 3:00am On Sep 13, 2018
No aspirant has been adopted for Lagos State governor, All Progressives Congress (APC) elders said yesterday.

The Chairman of the Elders’ Forum, Alhaji Tajudeen Olusi, in an interview with the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) in Lagos, said the party would not have resolved to hold a primary if it had adopted an aspirant.

He was reacting to media reports that the chapter had adopted Mr Jide Sanwo-Olu, the Managing Director of the Lagos State Property Development Corporation (LSPDC), as its governorship candidate.

Said Olusi: “All these things are speculations. They are not true. How can we plan to hold a primary to elect our candidate and then adopt somebody?

“If we are still going to hold our primary, why then should we adopt, or does the adoption cancel the primary? No.

“This is the political season; many interesting things happen, but I can tell you most of the things that have been reported on the matter are mere speculations and not facts. Nobody has directed any adoption.”

Olusi, referring to a video being circulated, said it was normal for individuals or groups to back or endorse aspirants ahead of any election.

He, however, said such endorsements should not be taken to be the party’s position.

Olusi said the determination of who would become the party’s candidate would be taken at the primary.

He described the APC as a democratic party, saying all aspirants would be allowed a level-playing field.

On the feasibility of holding a direct primary in view of the large number of party members, Olusi said there was no cause for alarm.

He said the right preparations were being done, expressing optimism that everything would go well during the exercise.

Olusi would not comment on the controversies over different modes of primary in some APC state chapters.

“Honestly, I do not want to comment on that. However, we are a growing democracy and we learn every day,’’ he said.

http://thenationonlineng.net/apc-elders-no-anointed-aspirant-for-lagos-governor/
Re: APC Elders: No Anointed Aspirant For Lagos Governor by sarrki(m): 3:05am On Sep 13, 2018
I want to assume it’s rumor

If not the so called elders should be careful

Ambode can win even as a Pdp candidate any day anytime

He has endeared himself to lagosians I respective of color religion or politics

1 Like

Re: APC Elders: No Anointed Aspirant For Lagos Governor by Racoon(m): 3:13am On Sep 13, 2018
shocked
Re: APC Elders: No Anointed Aspirant For Lagos Governor by IamPatriotic(m): 3:14am On Sep 13, 2018
Ambode may have been forgiven his many sins after PMB met with Asiwaju to plead in his behalf.
Re: APC Elders: No Anointed Aspirant For Lagos Governor by Racoon(m): 3:17am On Sep 13, 2018
sarrki:
I want to assume it’s rumor.If not the so called elders should be careful
Ambode can win even as a Pdp candidate any day anytime.He has endeared himself to lagosians irrespective of color, religion or politics
The catastrophe that will befall the APC in Lagos will be unimaginable if this overt explosive attempt to deny Ambode this guber ticket is not well managed.
Re: APC Elders: No Anointed Aspirant For Lagos Governor by IamPatriotic(m): 3:26am On Sep 13, 2018
sarrki:
I want to assume it’s rumor

If not the so called elders should be careful

Ambode can win even as a Pdp candidate any day anytime

He has endeared himself to lagosians I respective of color religion or politics

it is obvious you don't know how elections are won and lost in Nigeria.
Re: APC Elders: No Anointed Aspirant For Lagos Governor by uwa1(m): 4:14am On Sep 13, 2018
Ok
Re: APC Elders: No Anointed Aspirant For Lagos Governor by sarrki(m): 4:23am On Sep 13, 2018
IamPatriotic:
it is obvious you don't know how elections are won and lost in Nigeria.

Mr know it all tell me something new
Re: APC Elders: No Anointed Aspirant For Lagos Governor by moufan: 5:09am On Sep 13, 2018
let tinubu just try and deny ambode the apc ticket and see what will happen to apc in lagos
Re: APC Elders: No Anointed Aspirant For Lagos Governor by gasparpisciotta: 5:16am On Sep 13, 2018
From a personal opinion Ambode is an experiment gone wrong.
Re: APC Elders: No Anointed Aspirant For Lagos Governor by ojobek: 5:19am On Sep 13, 2018
IamPatriotic:
Ambode may have been forgiven his many sins after PMB met with Asiwaju to plead in his behalf.
Name 1 or 2 of his sins if not for tinubu's selfish interest.
Re: APC Elders: No Anointed Aspirant For Lagos Governor by iammo(m): 9:40am On Sep 13, 2018
smiley worst thing that can happen to APC is If tinubu's candidate wins the primaries. Ambode would simply join SDP or ADC and and PDP fielding otedola would get lucky as APC votes would be shared

(1) (Reply)

Oshiomole Is Under Tremendous Stress & In A Fragile Psychological State-Jonathan / Boko Haram Terrorists Killed After Ambush On Soldiers In Borno. Graphic Photos / ''we Have Moved 10m Nigerians Out Of Poverty''- FG

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.