Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,517 members, 7,836,972 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 03:11 PM

I Was Called ‘Dustbin Lady’ – Amina Mohammed Reveals Why - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Was Called ‘Dustbin Lady’ – Amina Mohammed Reveals Why (21492 Views)

Meet Amina Mohammed, Most Beautiful & Highly Placed Woman From Northern Nigeria / Amina Mohammed: Okonjo-Iweala Got Nigeria Out Of Debt, But We're Back There / "Why APC Senators Found It Difficult To Impeach Saraki" – Lai Mohammed Reveals (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Was Called ‘Dustbin Lady’ – Amina Mohammed Reveals Why by FlirtyGist: 4:21am On Sep 13, 2018
Amina Mohammed, the deputy secretary-general of the United Nations (UN), has said that when she was appointed minister of environment in Nigeria, she was seen as the dustbin lady.

According to her, people did not see the real value of her office.

She said this on Wednesday while speaking at the International Monetary (IMF) and the UN working together conversation with Christine Lagarde, the managing director of the Internatoonal Monetary Fund, IMF.

“I have to tell you, when I went back to Nigeria as minister of environment, my state was saying, it was environment they gave you? that is the dustbin lady. They did not even get that environment was broader than just waste disposal,” she told Lagarde and a room full of development experts.

She said climate change is important, so is gender parity and inclusion for youths.

Mohammed also stated that “the average age of entry into the United Nations is 45”, adding that the UN is working hard to change this, and include young people in its working process.

The mother of six further spoke about every of the 17 goals that make up the Sustainable Development Goals, SDGs, as her children, saying all were equally important for the future of the world.

News source >>> http://gistmore.com/called-dustbin-lady-un-deputy-sec-gen-amina-mohammed

3 Likes

Re: I Was Called ‘Dustbin Lady’ – Amina Mohammed Reveals Why by FlirtyGist: 4:21am On Sep 13, 2018
sad
Re: I Was Called ‘Dustbin Lady’ – Amina Mohammed Reveals Why by edo3(m): 4:27am On Sep 13, 2018
Dust bin ke,,maybe that was y she dropped d appointment n opted for a bigger one..

2 Likes

Re: I Was Called ‘Dustbin Lady’ – Amina Mohammed Reveals Why by slivertongue: 5:03am On Sep 13, 2018
Madam stop demarketin ur community. its d uninformed who reason dat way. just try 2market ur community &attract progress

18 Likes

Re: I Was Called ‘Dustbin Lady’ – Amina Mohammed Reveals Why by chriskosherbal(m): 5:05am On Sep 13, 2018
You are entitled to your opinion...
Re: I Was Called ‘Dustbin Lady’ – Amina Mohammed Reveals Why by ORACLE1975(m): 5:26am On Sep 13, 2018
Maka why woman nu grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: I Was Called ‘Dustbin Lady’ – Amina Mohammed Reveals Why by femi4: 6:08am On Sep 13, 2018
She dey hype herself.... She cleaned nothing

3 Likes

Re: I Was Called ‘Dustbin Lady’ – Amina Mohammed Reveals Why by JudasNaCarrot: 6:52am On Sep 13, 2018
Mumu talk!

How can you spew this trash in the international community fora?

Well I'm not surprised...... na the same people like Buhari....Fulani.

4 Likes

Re: I Was Called ‘Dustbin Lady’ – Amina Mohammed Reveals Why by jayson87: 7:19am On Sep 13, 2018
This woman has been using scope to expose Buhari administration's incomprtence. Rememeber she served as a chairperson of the MDG's under GEJ. she has tasted the two sides and definitely knows who has done with better or worse.

Just imagine Buhari's men think environment is all about dustbin, forgetting all other ministries depend on her ministry. How pathetic

22 Likes

Re: I Was Called ‘Dustbin Lady’ – Amina Mohammed Reveals Why by miqos03: 9:30am On Sep 13, 2018
So did she buy any waste bin ?

But

See my signature
Re: I Was Called ‘Dustbin Lady’ – Amina Mohammed Reveals Why by BruncleZuma: 9:30am On Sep 13, 2018
grin
Re: I Was Called ‘Dustbin Lady’ – Amina Mohammed Reveals Why by iammo(m): 9:31am On Sep 13, 2018
smiley like Ogun state had ever benefited from adeosun been the finance minister. I can't wait until this woman writes a book on this current administration, she's been itching to talk

11 Likes

Re: I Was Called ‘Dustbin Lady’ – Amina Mohammed Reveals Why by Bolustical: 9:31am On Sep 13, 2018
FlirtyGist:
The mother of six further spoke about every of the 17 goals that make up the Sustainable Development Goals, SDGs, as her children, saying all were equally important for the future of the world.

This woman must have been a very responsible woman unlike today's so-called slay queens/'feminists' who can hardly take care of themselves let alone children.

God bless women like these.

5 Likes

Re: I Was Called ‘Dustbin Lady’ – Amina Mohammed Reveals Why by GentleMoney: 9:32am On Sep 13, 2018
Hmm..
Re: I Was Called ‘Dustbin Lady’ – Amina Mohammed Reveals Why by Nobody: 9:32am On Sep 13, 2018
Must you tell people know ?
Re: I Was Called ‘Dustbin Lady’ – Amina Mohammed Reveals Why by Realdeals(m): 9:34am On Sep 13, 2018
Nigeria is full of people with warped mentality, many including some educated individuals are suffering from mental laziness.

5 Likes

Re: I Was Called ‘Dustbin Lady’ – Amina Mohammed Reveals Why by Macnnoli4(m): 9:38am On Sep 13, 2018
That's what the some shithole people think.
Re: I Was Called ‘Dustbin Lady’ – Amina Mohammed Reveals Why by osemoses1234(m): 9:38am On Sep 13, 2018
Nah that lifeless man go talk am
Re: I Was Called ‘Dustbin Lady’ – Amina Mohammed Reveals Why by Fariq: 9:39am On Sep 13, 2018
jayson87:
This woman has been using scope to expose Buhari administration's incomprtence. Rememeber she served as a chairperson of the MDG's under GEJ. she has tasted the two sides and definitely knows who has done with better or worse.

Just imagine Buhari's men think environment is all about dustbin, forgetting all other ministries depend on her ministry. How pathetic

Who are Buhari men? The woman said her State.

2 Likes

Re: I Was Called ‘Dustbin Lady’ – Amina Mohammed Reveals Why by cardoctor(m): 9:41am On Sep 13, 2018
Dustbin Lady and she fresh like dis.
Re: I Was Called ‘Dustbin Lady’ – Amina Mohammed Reveals Why by Realdeals(m): 9:42am On Sep 13, 2018
slivertongue:
Madam stop demarketin ur community. its d uninformed who reason dat way. just try 2market ur community &attract progress

How can she market a bad product that thinks managing the environment is all about dustbin, she needed to tell the truth, so any investors will understand the real situation.

1 Like

Re: I Was Called ‘Dustbin Lady’ – Amina Mohammed Reveals Why by Lanre4uonly(m): 9:46am On Sep 13, 2018
She don't need to say that. There are some statement(s) that are better left unsaid.
God bless Nigeria and Nigerians.
Re: I Was Called ‘Dustbin Lady’ – Amina Mohammed Reveals Why by Akpacha(m): 9:46am On Sep 13, 2018
One of d pdp aspirants is her godfather, she talks any how this days.
Re: I Was Called ‘Dustbin Lady’ – Amina Mohammed Reveals Why by Nobody: 9:48am On Sep 13, 2018
wetin concern me

Re: I Was Called ‘Dustbin Lady’ – Amina Mohammed Reveals Why by MobilityExpress: 9:53am On Sep 13, 2018
A very naturally beautiful “dustbin lady” kiss smiley
Re: I Was Called ‘Dustbin Lady’ – Amina Mohammed Reveals Why by 2n2k(m): 10:03am On Sep 13, 2018
What kind of reasoning do we get on nairaland these days? Must everything be politicized or ‘buharised’?

The lady only referred to the reaction of the people in her state to buttress her argument that people don’t generally appreciate or have regard for matters relating to environment. They don’t therefore see the environment ministry as important enough for their representative in the federal executive council when there are other ‘juicy’ posts.

Truth be told, how many Nigerians (even elites) appreciate the importance of environmental issues? Tell a professor not to dump his used car battery anyhow, he will tell you to come and swallow it. Now tell a typist that the used toners should be sent back to recycling plant because it can degrade environment.

Even President Trump regards climate change as a hoax hence his determination to unwind all measures previously taken to address environmental degradation.

1 Like

Re: I Was Called ‘Dustbin Lady’ – Amina Mohammed Reveals Why by Aquariann: 10:08am On Sep 13, 2018
slivertongue:

Oga, how is she de-marketing her community by what she said?

Is this to say everyone commenting on this topic up there didn't read the article or read but just didn't understand?
Re: I Was Called ‘Dustbin Lady’ – Amina Mohammed Reveals Why by madridsta007(m): 10:12am On Sep 13, 2018
slivertongue:

When the leader and focal point of a nation has demarketed the country to bits to the foriegn press and in foreign lands— what other kind of de-marketing can be done again?

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (Reply)

Wounded Soldiers Celebrate Sallah In Hospital / Mohammed Adamu: Police Need 250,000 Rifles, 1,000 APCs, 774 Drones / 2023: Southwest Speakers Meet In Ibadan For Tinubu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.