Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,619 members, 7,809,274 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:09 AM

Osuofia In London - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Osuofia In London (6831 Views)

Osuofia Vs Saka: Who Is The Better Comedian? / Mr Ibu Vs Osuofia: Who Is A Better Movie Comedian? / Most Funniest Nigerian Actor (aki&pawpaw, Osuofia, Mr Ibu) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Osuofia In London by Payna7(m): 8:51pm On Apr 03, 2007
I just finished watching that movie and the sequel. Nkem owoh was so funny. that movie was the best nigerian movie i have seen. Are there any other movies like that? In osoufia in london, they didnt do any juju accept one part where he magiced the police officer but other than that, the movie was good. are there any other movies like that? Nigerian movies that are funny that do not have any or too much juju? Most nigerian movies are full of juju.
Re: Osuofia In London by cuteass1(f): 9:30pm On Apr 03, 2007
well i'm not sure i agree with "the best nigerian movie i've ever watched" part but you're right, the movie is one in a million

i love it too. Its just hilarious grin grin grin i couldn't stop laughing grin grin

but there where times i felt Osufia was exaggerating his illiteracy, and i did feel a little bad because he might be sending the wrong message to the world around, the movie is viewed by everyone around the world, you know wink

but its a good one though cheesy
Re: Osuofia In London by Free(f): 11:21pm On Apr 03, 2007
yea its a funny movie grin
Re: Osuofia In London by cuteNhot(f): 2:40am On Apr 04, 2007
yea it was funny cheesy
especially the part where he was on the double decker
and tried to talk to the Jamaican. cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
the J'can must have been sayin to himself
"what dark part of earth did this Muthafucka spang from". cheesy
Re: Osuofia In London by Free(f): 3:24am On Apr 04, 2007
oooh yea dat was funny

he tot was from his village lmao grin grin
Re: Osuofia In London by sweetchick(f): 10:27am On Jun 06, 2007
I especially liked the part where he was looking for agege bread.
Re: Osuofia In London by abubaka(m): 11:26am On Jun 06, 2007
dat agege bread scene is really funny, I think is one of the best nigerian movie.
The only nigerian movie i do watch is the comedy.Check out people like Okey bakassi,John Okafor (Mr Ibu),Osuofia and Sam loco,u can never get disappointed if u watch their movies.
I hate other movies ranging frm thriller and romantic version of nigerian movies,tooooo fake and irritating.
Re: Osuofia In London by deb(m): 2:02pm On Jun 06, 2007
Its a pity our home videos don't last a year in the market cause there
so many craps out there that do not deserve the second viewing

I haven't seen the video and I'll like to see it
but hey! Its disappered from the market.

Will apreciate anyone who can help me get the video
send me an email:  naijasensation@yahoo.com
Re: Osuofia In London by Nobody: 2:26pm On Jun 06, 2007
I've watched that movie about a dozen times,Osuofia is hilarious.
The agege bread scene hahaha.
Then when they didn't have agege he asked for 'Nwokocha' and 'our ladies.' ( some popular Igbo brand bread from my luxurious bus days)
Every overnight visitor in my home gets to watch it!

The funniest scene however was when sama sama was to have poisoned him and no one could pry the check book out of his hands.
I laughed and fell off my chair the first time I watched it,the facial expressions were off the hook.
Re: Osuofia In London by seunspice(m): 3:38pm On Jun 06, 2007
Osuofia was hot, but i do feel Nkem Owoh overacts some roles sometimes. For me the best Nigerian Movies so far have been in the comedy genres. Watching movies like PAM PAM and its sequel, PICADILLY, LAGOS NA WA and the other funny movies of the mid 90s made life fun for those who loved them. I dont see many Nigerian movies, but i would pay through my nose to get a copy of any of those movies now.
Re: Osuofia In London by deb(m): 4:23pm On Jun 06, 2007
yeah you remind me of PAM PAM its a great video
Re: Osuofia In London by Amiga(f): 4:49pm On Jun 06, 2007
Osuofia is a great movie, but I think "Ikuku" and "Pam pam"still remain his bests
Re: Osuofia In London by seunspice(m): 5:17pm On Jun 06, 2007
Actually, PAM PAM was the first Nigerian home video i ever saw, and the movie made a very big impression. When i see any comedy flick these days i compare it to PAM PAM and the other big comedy flicks of that era and most of them suck in comparison.
Let me take you back to a scene in Pam Pam ,
Jide Kosoko caught Okey and Nkem with his beautiful twins, he orders his 'boys' to bring them to his living room for questioning.
When the guys saw the ordeal that awaited them, Nkem too the initiative.
'We are interested in your daughters' he says 'We want to marry them'
A bewildered Jide Kosoko snaps his fingers and asks the boys to produce N50k or an evidence of its ownership there and then if the boys were serious about their intentions. Of course our guys are scratching their scalps ,
Jide Kosoko on seeing no positive response, looks sternly at the guys and thunders 'ok, no 50k what do you do for a living?'
Nkem seeing the situation and knowing that disclosing they were barbers would ruin everything decided to garnish the barbing occupation and change the generic nomenclature of the profession.
'We deal with the rejuvenation and readjustment of the human scalp sir' he replies.
An overtly angered Jide Kosoko shout 'Barbers!!!!, Barbers want to marry my daughters'
Of course enough shi shi lodu (enough beating) for the boys as we used to say during my Ife days.
enjoy
Re: Osuofia In London by MP007(m): 6:36pm On Jun 06, 2007
used tolike the movie , not any more ever since CNN,ABC,MSNBC and ophra USED the sound tracks of the nkems songsfor dem 419 yarn
Re: Osuofia In London by pek(m): 2:54pm On Jun 07, 2007
that is one of the worst films to come out of nigeria.i felt ashamed watching that movie as a nigerian and i wonder what is likeable about it.the story line was faulty and it lacked the concept of verisimmilutude.it portrails all blacks and nigerian as backward, uncivilised and stupid.
Re: Osuofia In London by Aduks(f): 3:29pm On Jun 07, 2007
[/quote][quote author=pek link=topic=47311.msg1179249#msg1179249 date=1181224479]
that is one of the worst films to come out of nigeria.i felt ashamed watching that movie as a nigerian and i wonder what is likeable about it.the story line was faulty and it lacked the concept of verisimmilutude.it portrails all blacks and nigerian as backward, uncivilised and stupid.

That's not true buddy.
Re: Osuofia In London by deb(m): 3:51pm On Jun 07, 2007
used tolike the movie , not any more ever since CNN,ABC,MSNBC and ophra USED the sound tracks of the nkems songsfor them 419 yarn

Do you care about CNN bias reports about Nigeria? Hell! angry
Re: Osuofia In London by bodsibobo(m): 4:33pm On Jun 07, 2007

I do not agree to your point; does Mr. Bean make every british person backward, uncivilized and stupid?

used tolike the movie , not any more ever since CNN,ABC,MSNBC and ophra USED the sound tracks of the nkems songsfor them 419 yarn

MP007, I understand where you're coming from and I also hate 419 and 419ers with a passion cos of the overall damned negative image they give all of us, but do not let those propaganda by CNN,ABC,MSNBC and Oprah stop you from appreciating the good works of a fellow country man!
Re: Osuofia In London by soulpatrol(f): 6:46pm On Jun 07, 2007
isn't that movie old? plus, very annoying? i dislike the way nkem owoh portrayed himself as an african man going abroad for the first time and acting all stupid and dumb, trying to catch a bird in the street and shit. made our people look really bush and uncultured.
i dont know why people like the movie anyway, is it because some of it was shot abroad? big deal! its still crap. cool
Re: Osuofia In London by ThoniaSlim(f): 2:56pm On Jun 08, 2007
i think its a really hilarious film, but definitely not the best.
Re: Osuofia In London by okk: 10:32pm On Jun 09, 2007
i liked the movie, but most that i've watched are crap. to me though.
one thing that i do not like is here in north Amarica were all those movies are being bootlegeg. that stuff just pisses me off.
with the amout of people that watch that movie here, including other africans and the caribeans, thos guys should be making a lot of money, but they dont.
this goons come to nigeria, buys all these movies and bootleg then.
am about to go ro war for these dudes ma.

by the way, poor acting still.
LOL
Re: Osuofia In London by kemzsta(f): 7:47pm On Jun 10, 2007
i've watched dis movie soo much times and i never get tired of it! I love it!! one of my fav naija movies!!
Re: Osuofia In London by pek(m): 11:02am On Jun 12, 2007
i did not think my comments will receive applause. but ADUKS AND BODSIBOBO, what genre of movie is osufia in london? comedy? that is where we are getting it wrong.that movie is not a comendy? check the story line and forget about the acting for once.it is suppossed to be a serious movie with comic undertones but osufia, typically of him , over exaggerated the roles.have you ever seen osufia act anything serious in his life? being clownish is different from acting.comparing it with mr beans is way off the mark .the latter is a complete comedy any day any time.dialogue and speech is at the barest minimal and the actions speak for itself. for osufia in london, there is no definate pattern of events.may be you need to watch the movie again critically.
Re: Osuofia In London by pek(m): 11:04am On Jun 12, 2007
i did not think my comments will receive applause. but ADUKS AND BODSIBOBO, what genre of movie is osufia in london? comedy? that is where we are getting it wrong.that movie is not a comendy. check the story line and forget about the acting for once.it is suppossed to be a serious movie with comic undertones but osufia, typically of him , over exaggerated the roles.have you ever seen osufia act anything serious in his life? being clownish is different from acting.comparing it with mr beans is way off the mark .the latter is a complete comedy any day any time.dialogue and speech is at the barest minimal and the actions speak for itself. for osufia in london, there is no definate pattern of events.may be you need to watch the movie again critically.
Re: Osuofia In London by Oracle(m): 11:16pm On Jul 11, 2007
Itz really a good movie.
Guess Osuofia finally acted a reasonable comedy
Re: Osuofia In London by deb(m): 2:33pm On Aug 07, 2007
At long last, I've seen Osuofia in London.

I guess the hype you guys gave it was too much.
I didn't enjoy it that much. I feel PamPam is much a better comedy
than Osuofia in London
Re: Osuofia In London by sexyLeamon(f): 4:02am On Nov 22, 2008
funniest Nigerian film to date

(1) (Reply)

Korean Drama - The K2 Episode List / Websites To Download Movies / PHOTO/VIDEO: Annie Idibia Takes Off Panties In New Movie “girls In The Mood”

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.