Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,445 members, 7,816,023 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:51 PM

You Can Withdraw Money, Pay Bills With New National E-id Card - NIMC - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / You Can Withdraw Money, Pay Bills With New National E-id Card - NIMC (26588 Views)

SIM Card: NIMC Releases New Guidelines For NIN Applicants / "N3000 To Be Paid To Renewal National ID Card " - NIMC Reveals / Buhari Endorses N30,000 New National Minimum Wage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

You Can Withdraw Money, Pay Bills With New National E-id Card - NIMC by Edithfavourite: 11:30am On Sep 13, 2018

The national electronic identity card can be used to withdraw, do other financial transactions including paying bills, the National Identity Management Commission has told Nigerians.

The National Identity Management Commission (NIMC), says that the national electronic identity card can be used for money transactions and other national benefits.

Mr Loveday Ogbonna, Head, Corporate Communications, said this in an interview with newsmenon Wednesday in Abuja.

Ogbonna said that the National e-ID Card, which combines a proof of identity and access to financial services, would make it possible for Nigerians to receive a universally accepted identity card.

According to him, it will enable Nigerians gain access to formal financial services.

“The card at the point of collection if activated could be used for financial transaction around the world and even on any master card platform, verve and others.

“There is a provision in the system that enables you to load any amount of money you want into the card through ATM or POS.

“The bank we are using now is UBA, other banks will still come on board and at the point of collecting the card, the payment outlet is activated to enable you use it for financial transaction.

“Money can be paid into that card and money can also be withdrawn on any ATM anywhere around the world.

“You can also make purchase online, subscribe for DSTV, POS payment, and check balance and others.

“All you need do is to approach any UBA bank and request them to load the card with any amount of money that you want,’ ’ he said.

Ogbonna also said that the commission was collaborating with other relevant agencies or organisations to have a central data collection point as directed by the Vice president.

He noted that the integration of relevant agencies in the data collection would enhance proper documentation and reduce stress for the people.

“The directive is to get all data collection agencies to integrate data so that one does not need to give his or her biometrics to different government organisations.

“Every other government agencies is allowed to collect data and then send to the NIMC department for identity database.

“But the agencies are also allowed to do their functional assignments, we are not stopping them.

“What NIMC is established to do is foundational identity and that is to be done in collaboration with Nigerian Population Commission (NPC) and other agencies like CBN,’’ he said.

More below;

https://zenithnaija.com/you-can-withdraw-money-pay-bills-with-new-national-e-id-card-nimc-tells-nigerians/

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: You Can Withdraw Money, Pay Bills With New National E-id Card - NIMC by ba2undey(m): 11:31am On Sep 13, 2018
make i come go collect my own
Re: You Can Withdraw Money, Pay Bills With New National E-id Card - NIMC by iammo(m): 11:32am On Sep 13, 2018
lipsrsealed hmmn, trusting Nigerian government with money or financial transaction

10 Likes

Re: You Can Withdraw Money, Pay Bills With New National E-id Card - NIMC by Kingzd: 11:39am On Sep 13, 2018
It better work well oh, i do not want to hear stories oh.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: You Can Withdraw Money, Pay Bills With New National E-id Card - NIMC by Ehiscotch(m): 11:48am On Sep 13, 2018
It would be very difficult for most Nigerians to trust such a new innovation especially with their money at stake.

They would wait till others use it first and wait for the outcome.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: You Can Withdraw Money, Pay Bills With New National E-id Card - NIMC by bujebudanu1(m): 11:53am On Sep 13, 2018
It's linked with access bank.
The account no is on d card.u pay into that account no and use the card.

Note.u have to activate it wen collecting it else.its better off as an id

12 Likes

Re: You Can Withdraw Money, Pay Bills With New National E-id Card - NIMC by adewumiopeyemi(m): 12:33pm On Sep 13, 2018
Good development undecided

3 Likes

Re: You Can Withdraw Money, Pay Bills With New National E-id Card - NIMC by IMASTEX: 2:53pm On Sep 13, 2018
Okay
Re: You Can Withdraw Money, Pay Bills With New National E-id Card - NIMC by 3millionia: 2:53pm On Sep 13, 2018
grin
Re: You Can Withdraw Money, Pay Bills With New National E-id Card - NIMC by lonelydora: 2:54pm On Sep 13, 2018
Good idea.

NIMC is making the registration tedious for people.

My neighbour went there too by 6:30 am and came back 6pm, and i asked her just to get ID Card?

I visited NIMC few weeks ago in PH, opposite NDDC on Aba Road to see if i can register. The process is too long with people paying 1k to some officials just to put their name/submit their forms.

I thought to myself, why will i suffer just to have a National ID when i have Driver's licence and International Passport? I tore the form in my hand and left.

Why can't they link this ID card to BVN and produce it for the masses?

51 Likes 1 Share

Re: You Can Withdraw Money, Pay Bills With New National E-id Card - NIMC by akphrat(m): 2:54pm On Sep 13, 2018
Is the registration still on. Wanna get a valid ID
Re: You Can Withdraw Money, Pay Bills With New National E-id Card - NIMC by Josh44s(m): 2:54pm On Sep 13, 2018
I will never link my account to that. Nor be my sweat FG wan use play ping pong.

35 Likes 1 Share

Re: You Can Withdraw Money, Pay Bills With New National E-id Card - NIMC by stano2(m): 2:54pm On Sep 13, 2018
It's getting to 5years, am yet to get the old one that is with out chip sef since i applied for it.
I wonder how easy this one would be to get hold of

15 Likes

Re: You Can Withdraw Money, Pay Bills With New National E-id Card - NIMC by dammieco(m): 2:55pm On Sep 13, 2018
Ehiscotch:
It would be very difficult for Nigerians to trust such a new innovation especially with their money at stake.

They would wait till others use it first and wait for the outcome.

Who are the others? Liberians?

15 Likes

Re: You Can Withdraw Money, Pay Bills With New National E-id Card - NIMC by Rexnegro(m): 2:55pm On Sep 13, 2018
that will be nice o , but sir it's taking forever for it to be ready

2 Likes

Re: You Can Withdraw Money, Pay Bills With New National E-id Card - NIMC by SaintHilary(m): 2:56pm On Sep 13, 2018
Yahoo guys looking @ the card like

7 Likes

Re: You Can Withdraw Money, Pay Bills With New National E-id Card - NIMC by Nobody: 2:56pm On Sep 13, 2018
Lagosians pls how do I get to the airport from ojuelegba
Re: You Can Withdraw Money, Pay Bills With New National E-id Card - NIMC by Nobody: 2:56pm On Sep 13, 2018
Good development

1 Like

Re: You Can Withdraw Money, Pay Bills With New National E-id Card - NIMC by chocboi78(m): 2:56pm On Sep 13, 2018
Because we tell una say ATM do do us..
Mtchew

2 Likes

Re: You Can Withdraw Money, Pay Bills With New National E-id Card - NIMC by ucee64(m): 2:56pm On Sep 13, 2018
I'm yet to receive mine since 2012......nonsense

9 Likes

Re: You Can Withdraw Money, Pay Bills With New National E-id Card - NIMC by iyke109(m): 2:56pm On Sep 13, 2018
Vision 2027
Re: You Can Withdraw Money, Pay Bills With New National E-id Card - NIMC by Klington: 2:56pm On Sep 13, 2018
i registered since 2013 and up till this moment it is still not ready.. I'm sure it has expired by now. Yeye pipul

47 Likes 4 Shares

Re: You Can Withdraw Money, Pay Bills With New National E-id Card - NIMC by Birdyclear: 2:57pm On Sep 13, 2018
Ogbonna is creative and Buhari must go if you don't want him to go bomb will kill you and your generations.
Re: You Can Withdraw Money, Pay Bills With New National E-id Card - NIMC by Tonymegabush1(m): 2:57pm On Sep 13, 2018
And where is this card since 2014 I did my registration card never ready, just tired 4 una

4 Likes

Re: You Can Withdraw Money, Pay Bills With New National E-id Card - NIMC by gaby(m): 2:57pm On Sep 13, 2018
Beautiful if true...

It will be a perfect icing on the cake when we are able to integrate it for voting.

Nigeria will then be on course to the great renaissance by then.

We shall get there no lele

Enjoy my siggy
Re: You Can Withdraw Money, Pay Bills With New National E-id Card - NIMC by klax(m): 2:57pm On Sep 13, 2018
To withdraw money Another money making for the yahoo yahoo.

If you like make the mistake to use your E-ID at cash machine you new name will be sorry ooo or eeyah ooo

1 Like 1 Share

Re: You Can Withdraw Money, Pay Bills With New National E-id Card - NIMC by bashir1451(m): 2:58pm On Sep 13, 2018
Tonymegabush1:
And where is this card since 2014 I did my registration card never ready, just tired 4 una

The tin tire me sef
Re: You Can Withdraw Money, Pay Bills With New National E-id Card - NIMC by Zamad(m): 2:58pm On Sep 13, 2018
put money their now, you wee be hearing baba wan use am for campaign grin
Re: You Can Withdraw Money, Pay Bills With New National E-id Card - NIMC by Rexnegro(m): 2:58pm On Sep 13, 2018
HaileSelassie:
Lagosians pls how do I get to the airport from ojuelegba
enter oshodi from ojuelegba , then from oshodi enter Ikeja inside then drop under bridge then take airport bus or car to airport.hope that helps

15 Likes

Re: You Can Withdraw Money, Pay Bills With New National E-id Card - NIMC by Groovenaija360(m): 2:59pm On Sep 13, 2018
Registered since 2014, i don go their office Taya, checked online too not ready.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

APC Primary: Policemen At Airport Hotel, Lagos / Leaked SGF ₦1bn Memo: Tinubu Presidency Is A Cesspit Of Corruption - PDP / Bimbo Daramola: "l Will Resign After 2 Years In Office" - Ekiti Guber Aspirant

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.