Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,696 members, 7,816,846 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:41 PM

Nura Ilyasu Who Climbed Telecom Mast To Protest Buhari's Reelection Bid Descends - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nura Ilyasu Who Climbed Telecom Mast To Protest Buhari's Reelection Bid Descends (40712 Views)

Man Climbs Telecom Mast To Protest ‘land Encroachment’ By Atiku’s AUN / Nigerian Man Who Climbed Mast To Protest Against Buhari Lands In Serious Trouble / Nura Iliyasu In DSS Custody After Climbing Mast To Protest Against Buhari - Deji (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nura Ilyasu Who Climbed Telecom Mast To Protest Buhari's Reelection Bid Descends by midolian(m): 2:17pm On Sep 13, 2018
Nura Ilyasu, the man who climbed a telecommunications mast in Abuja on Wednesday to protest the re-election bid of President Muhammadu Buhari, has finally descended.

He came down from the mast on Thursday.

Ilyasu touched ground at 11:25am voluntarily, after security operatives acceded to his request that he must address the press upon his descent.

According to Ilyasu, he climbed the mast to protest the economic hardship in the country, just as he stated that President Muhammadu Buhari does not deserve another four years in office.

Security agents had made entreaties to him since Wednesday when he mounted the mast, but their efforts proved abortive, as he had vowed not to descend until President Muhammadu Buhari resigns from the office.

However, this morning, they were able to communicate with him via his mobile telephone, and they appealed to him. He later told them that he would come down on the condition that he must speak to the press.

He said: "My name is Nura Ilyasu. I am 28 years old. What I did is within the purview of the law. My human right is to protest peacefully and I never threatened my life or any other person

"What we are going through in this country is not from God. Some microscopic-view individuals hijacked all that God endowed Nigeria with for decent life, and we can't continue like this. I climbed up for seven days hunger strike to protest the incompetence and cluelessness, to protest presidential impunity and general docility displayed by the masses. We can't continue like this.

"Other competent candidates are there; even Saraki, Atiku, Kwankwaso, Tambuwal, Dankwambo and others. At least one of these [men] will make a good President.

"I don't believe General Buhari deserves another four-year term in Nigeria because the pervasive hunger and poverty in Nigeria is inexplicable. I don't have mental disorder as being insinuated by some people."

When asked how he felt now that he had come down from the mast, Ilyasu said he was full of life and mentally stable.

He said he came down because some lawyers spoke to him while he was on the mast. He was later taken away by security operatives.

Ilyasu climbed a mast with the approval number AB0099 belonging to Airtel Nigeria, located few metres away from the presidential villa and Lungi Army Barracks, on Wednesday.

http://saharareporters.com/2018/09/13/breaking-man-who-climbed-telecoms-mast-protest-buharis-re-election-bid-descends-after-24

22 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Nura Ilyasu Who Climbed Telecom Mast To Protest Buhari's Reelection Bid Descends by Dannyset(m): 2:20pm On Sep 13, 2018
That was a genuine solo protest from a well meaning and a concerned Nigerian. The country is hard and he has the right to show it in a legit way. Now he is recognized, let's see what follows.

305 Likes 19 Shares

Re: Nura Ilyasu Who Climbed Telecom Mast To Protest Buhari's Reelection Bid Descends by midolian(m): 2:20pm On Sep 13, 2018
grin grin grin
Re: Nura Ilyasu Who Climbed Telecom Mast To Protest Buhari's Reelection Bid Descends by kinzation(m): 2:22pm On Sep 13, 2018
ONKUWONU:
what goes up............
must Come Down
Thank God He Didn't Fall Down

39 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nura Ilyasu Who Climbed Telecom Mast To Protest Buhari's Reelection Bid Descends by murphyibiam15(m): 2:24pm On Sep 13, 2018
wow..such a great mind ...

how I wished revolution started from here.

but then if wishes were horses....

98 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nura Ilyasu Who Climbed Telecom Mast To Protest Buhari's Reelection Bid Descends by Rilwayne001: 2:32pm On Sep 13, 2018
This Mallam needs seriously to be beaten with bulala to reset his dying brain. They should have left the clown to remain up there for at least 48hours, by then hunger and sun and most likely rain would have beaten the whole hell out of the foolishness that resides in him..

Attention seeking simpleton.

36 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Nura Ilyasu Who Climbed Telecom Mast To Protest Buhari's Reelection Bid Descends by Merimental(m): 2:37pm On Sep 13, 2018
dats hw u get ursef a job nw in naija. show ursef n speak ur mind. at least he has campaigned 4 Pdp a bit

15 Likes

Re: Nura Ilyasu Who Climbed Telecom Mast To Protest Buhari's Reelection Bid Descends by naijapips04: 2:38pm On Sep 13, 2018
Rilwayne001:
This Mallam needs seriously bulala to reset his dying brain. They should have left the clown to remain up there for at least 48hours, by then hunger and sun and most likely rain would have reset his dying brain.

He's more brave than you'd ever be. An hause man not arselicking as the rest of you zombies.... Some fresh air.

Nigeria need more brave youths like these that are willing to call attention to what they believe in and not some keyboard activists.

224 Likes 15 Shares

Re: Nura Ilyasu Who Climbed Telecom Mast To Protest Buhari's Reelection Bid Descends by gaby(m): 2:39pm On Sep 13, 2018
I doff my heart for you ILYASU, you are my slaybobo of the year and a true patriot.

Intelligence isn't far and will never be far from you.

You successfully did what I and my fellow others have been docile enough not to carry out.

I respect you brother, you are indeed a patriot.

We shall definitely get there someday, I now believe.

Enough will soon be enough

N.B

We need to make sure this dude isn't locked up or detained..
Enjoy my siggy

135 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Nura Ilyasu Who Climbed Telecom Mast To Protest Buhari's Reelection Bid Descends by StillX10(m): 2:40pm On Sep 13, 2018
You can see how Buhari's style of leadership is ruining people's lives

15 Likes

Re: Nura Ilyasu Who Climbed Telecom Mast To Protest Buhari's Reelection Bid Descends by Racoon(m): 2:55pm On Sep 13, 2018
grin grin grin Imagine! Perhaps he was one of those shouting & voted sai baba then when warped sentiments beclouded their sense of sound judgement.
Now the grippling reality is clear.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nura Ilyasu Who Climbed Telecom Mast To Protest Buhari's Reelection Bid Descends by Racoon(m): 2:58pm On Sep 13, 2018
gaby:
I doff my heart for you ILYASU, you are my slayman of the year an a true patriot.Intelligence isn't far and will never be far from you.

You successfully did what I and my fellow others have been docile enough not to carry out.I respect you brother, you are indeed a patriot.We shall definitely get there someday, I now believe.Enough will soon be enough
Enjoy my siggy
Not the type of Sarrki patriot or NL herded crew blinded by sheer sentiments.
Whatsoever may have driven this young man to do this must be mind boggling because an average core northerner only see the dullard on seat as an infalliable demi-god.

30 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nura Ilyasu Who Climbed Telecom Mast To Protest Buhari's Reelection Bid Descends by beautyoftheLord: 2:59pm On Sep 13, 2018
murphyibiam15:
wow..such a great mind ...

how I wished revolution started from here.

but then if wishes were horses....

You can say that again! Really a great mind and a northerner at that. I am shocked yet proud of him. Nigerians are too docile. No liver to carry out a revolution.

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nura Ilyasu Who Climbed Telecom Mast To Protest Buhari's Reelection Bid Descends by CilicMarin: 3:01pm On Sep 13, 2018
Other competent candidates are there; even Saraki, Atiku, Kwankwaso, Tambuwal, Dankwambo

I stopped reading from here... grin

36 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Nura Ilyasu Who Climbed Telecom Mast To Protest Buhari's Reelection Bid Descends by gaby(m): 3:02pm On Sep 13, 2018
Racoon:
[b][/b] Not the type of Sarrki patriot or NL herded crew blinded by sheer sentiments.

Leave those ones my brother, na hunger blind them...

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nura Ilyasu Who Climbed Telecom Mast To Protest Buhari's Reelection Bid Descends by FarahAideed: 3:04pm On Sep 13, 2018
This is a Hausa chap oooo and yet some people want to tell me Buhari will win free and fair election in Nigeria...Not possible ..if Buhari wins it was 100 percent rigged

21 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nura Ilyasu Who Climbed Telecom Mast To Protest Buhari's Reelection Bid Descends by yazach: 3:17pm On Sep 13, 2018
Khikhikhikhi

Laughing in kenta

Wetin IPOB go do when Buhari finally win 2019 election

4 Likes

Re: Nura Ilyasu Who Climbed Telecom Mast To Protest Buhari's Reelection Bid Descends by buharitill2023: 3:18pm On Sep 13, 2018
I am so annoyed, what kind of jobless aggressive lazy idiotic pig of bia-fra terrorist is this.
How much were corrupt Pdp paying you before.
Is idiotic pigs like this that is the problem of Nigeria.
Looking for free corrupt money, they will not work, his mate are in the farm contributing to the economy.
Just imagine he said, corrupt Pdp should return,
That is a prove he was sponsored by Pdp.

4 Likes

Re: Nura Ilyasu Who Climbed Telecom Mast To Protest Buhari's Reelection Bid Descends by overall90: 3:20pm On Sep 13, 2018
This guy got guts.
a real patriot.

4 Likes

Re: Nura Ilyasu Who Climbed Telecom Mast To Protest Buhari's Reelection Bid Descends by Rilwayne001: 3:37pm On Sep 13, 2018
naijapips04:

He's more brave than you'd ever be.
He's not brave, he's most likely as slow as you. Only a slowpoke see nothing wrong in a foolish attitude.

An hause man not arselicking aa the rest of these zombies.... Some fresh air.
Fck what are you saying? You need to be coherent.

Nigeria need more brave youths like these that are willing to call attention to what they believe in and not some keyboard activists.

Slowpoke, what have you done to create your own attention other than support an slowpoke seeking badly for attention?
Pray tell, how will climbing up the mast as a show of dissatisfaction of the current government change the situation of the country?

5 Likes

Re: Nura Ilyasu Who Climbed Telecom Mast To Protest Buhari's Reelection Bid Descends by yomi96(m): 3:48pm On Sep 13, 2018
g
Re: Nura Ilyasu Who Climbed Telecom Mast To Protest Buhari's Reelection Bid Descends by yomi96(m): 3:50pm On Sep 13, 2018
Rilwayne001:
This Mallam needs seriously bulala to reset his dying brain. They should have left the clown to remain up there for at least 48hours, by then hunger and sun and most likely rain would have reset his dying brain.
you are the attention seeker here, he has done a noble tin, what have you ever done in your life for the betterment of this country except to be chest beating. The mumu is busythrowing tantrums and
vituperations upandan.. People like you give yorubas a bad name, how i wish i was close to you, so flog that your slow, mumu brain. "spits"

22 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Nura Ilyasu Who Climbed Telecom Mast To Protest Buhari's Reelection Bid Descends by naijapips04: 3:51pm On Sep 13, 2018
Rilwayne001:

He's not brave, he's most likely as slow as you. Only a slowpoke see nothing wrong in a foolish attitude.

Fck what are you saying? You need to be coherent.

Slowpoke, what have you done to create your own attention other than support an slowpoke seeking badly for attention?
Pray tell, how will climbing up the mast as a show of dissatisfaction of the current government change the situation of the country?

Lol. You probably got your tongue stuck up buhari's arse licking up all the sh.it and screaming 'sai baba' with each lick of moist fulani sh.it. . That an Hause man is brave enough to climp several meters in the air in order to show his dissatisfaction in the way our common wealth is being mismanaged by your evil lords is something you and your entire family can never brave up to do, generations over.

Now go lick some buhari sh,it, zombie.

18 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nura Ilyasu Who Climbed Telecom Mast To Protest Buhari's Reelection Bid Descends by yashedabai(m): 3:52pm On Sep 13, 2018
He atleast got what he sought for. I.e Attention..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nura Ilyasu Who Climbed Telecom Mast To Protest Buhari's Reelection Bid Descends by JERRYDON005: 4:05pm On Sep 13, 2018
I wept why did i weap? As at June 30, 2018, Nigeria’s total debt profile, according to the Debt Management Office (DMO) had risen to$73.21 billion or N22.38 trillion. We all have stand and fight for the future of our great country thumbs up for lliyasu

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nura Ilyasu Who Climbed Telecom Mast To Protest Buhari's Reelection Bid Descends by miqos03: 4:08pm On Sep 13, 2018
Seen
Re: Nura Ilyasu Who Climbed Telecom Mast To Protest Buhari's Reelection Bid Descends by Originality007: 4:09pm On Sep 13, 2018
grin grin grin
Re: Nura Ilyasu Who Climbed Telecom Mast To Protest Buhari's Reelection Bid Descends by rawtouch: 4:09pm On Sep 13, 2018
akuya..
Re: Nura Ilyasu Who Climbed Telecom Mast To Protest Buhari's Reelection Bid Descends by Muyiwaipere(m): 4:09pm On Sep 13, 2018
Who beg am o come down?
Re: Nura Ilyasu Who Climbed Telecom Mast To Protest Buhari's Reelection Bid Descends by Lanre4uonly(m): 4:10pm On Sep 13, 2018
Ok. It is well.
Re: Nura Ilyasu Who Climbed Telecom Mast To Protest Buhari's Reelection Bid Descends by Nobody: 4:10pm On Sep 13, 2018
PDPs election gimmick

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Rufai Oseni To Alex Otti: Why Do You Spend Close To A Billion On Food? / 24 Hours After Meeting Ganduje, Kwankwaso Visits Masari (Photos) / I Am More Experienced: Kwankwaso Explains Why He Didn't Step Down For Obi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.