Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,549 members, 7,823,414 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 09:52 AM

Flood Level Rises In Lokoja, As Residents Flee Homes (Photos) - Properties (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Flood Level Rises In Lokoja, As Residents Flee Homes (Photos) (31707 Views)

₦160M: 5 Bedrooms Detached Duplex For Sale At Lekki County Homes(Photos) / Black Friday In Yaba As Residents Celebrate Eid / Hundreds Of Houses In Ikorodu Demolished As Residents Watch Helplessly (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Flood Level Rises In Lokoja, As Residents Flee Homes (Photos) by Nobody: 6:25pm On Sep 13, 2018
daveP:
Residents of Lokoja whose houses are close to the River Lokoja banks and also the Mimi River have been evacuating their properties in response to calls from the Police and concerned Environmental Authorities.

Information reached residents that the Lagdo Dam has been opened and latest Saturday, no one should be within properties 80m away from the banks of the river as the water level rises daily and eventually swallow up bungalows and fences, churches, etc within reach, causing loss of properties and sometimes lives.

The flood level at the Adankolo area of the Kogi state Capital keeps rising daily and residents are advised to leave any region within the red zone.

Over 600 families are going to be displaced, as well as Hundreds of students of the Federal University, Adankolo Campus living off campus.

Reports are still on a speculatoty level about how many more dams would-be opened soon. Amidst all these, Residents attest to the fact the Government is assisting affected person's with the sum of 10000naira.

idiots continue taking selfies. Go get your PVC and vote that baastard governor out.

1 Like

Re: Flood Level Rises In Lokoja, As Residents Flee Homes (Photos) by Nobody: 6:33pm On Sep 13, 2018
DrholuwaTOBI:
We should stop complaining over bad leaders at this moment, but we should begin to pray for this country.

God help us in this country!

Pls leave God outta dis
Re: Flood Level Rises In Lokoja, As Residents Flee Homes (Photos) by asha80(m): 6:35pm On Sep 13, 2018
DrholuwaTOBI:
We should stop complaining over bad leaders at this moment, but we should begin to pray for this country.

smh

1 Like

Re: Flood Level Rises In Lokoja, As Residents Flee Homes (Photos) by hermesprogidy(m): 6:36pm On Sep 13, 2018
Nathdoug:
Lokoja is a confluence Town so I expect nothing less
You mean Confluence. Oops!! I see you corrected it. Bloody predictive txt
Re: Flood Level Rises In Lokoja, As Residents Flee Homes (Photos) by yuxomebopi: 7:14pm On Sep 13, 2018
na wa o...drainages...that's all we need

Let's Build Powerful and Scalable Web Apps Solutions 100% Custom-Built For Your Business

We are in the Business of Crafting Best Web Development Experience

We build powerful and scalable web apps that are custom made using agile development processes leveraging the latest web technologies.

List of Our Web Application System Solutions

• Inventory System Software Development
• Hotel Management System Software Development
• Financial Institutions System Software Development
• School Management System Software/ School Portal Development
• Hospital Management System Software Development
• Airport/ Airline Booking Management System Software Development
• Multi-Level Marketing System Software Development
• Social Media Network Application Development
• Photo Sharing Web Application Development
• Catalog Web Application Site Development
• Forums
• Sport Betting Website Development
• Plus Much more

We develop 100% custom-built Web Apps for your Project Success in Mind!

Re: Flood Level Rises In Lokoja, As Residents Flee Homes (Photos) by Nobody: 7:15pm On Sep 13, 2018
No b small hurricane yahya grin grin
allanphash7:
I thought they've been warned to vacate before now

I pity this guy taking selfie o

This is hurricane Yahya

1 Like

Re: Flood Level Rises In Lokoja, As Residents Flee Homes (Photos) by InvertedHammer: 7:19pm On Sep 13, 2018
EgunMogaji:
People need to pay attention to flood zones before they buy land and build.
/
Not when a plot is offered at N50k.

They think "awufu dey purge Belle" na joke.

/

1 Like

Re: Flood Level Rises In Lokoja, As Residents Flee Homes (Photos) by daveP(m): 7:27pm On Sep 13, 2018
More pics
Re: Flood Level Rises In Lokoja, As Residents Flee Homes (Photos) by daveP(m): 7:44pm On Sep 13, 2018
yuxomebopi:
na wa o...drainages...that's all we need
You mean the drainages that are the official refuse dumping site for Kogites? what do you expect.

Even the Pipeline system aka Ibro Water passes thru filthy gutters and some burst and imagine the rest.

Water borne diseases is very high in Kogi. yet it's not even in the media at all.

Typhoid is the mainstream sickness amongst most Federal University Students cos many rely on this water for cooking and some even drink it.

Kogi needs an overhaul in its health sector and it's environmental sanity.

2 Likes

Re: Flood Level Rises In Lokoja, As Residents Flee Homes (Photos) by daveP(m): 7:47pm On Sep 13, 2018
razy75:
idiots continue taking selfies. Go get your PVC and vote that baastard governor out.
You would need more than social media preaching to convince them. Everyone just dey mind their business. The #10,000 shared to affected households can only help with relocating. But to where.

Even Dunamis Church may see some of this if it gets worse.
Re: Flood Level Rises In Lokoja, As Residents Flee Homes (Photos) by daveP(m): 7:52pm On Sep 13, 2018
[quote author=HsLBroker post=71168600][/quote]Done. More pics tomorrow!!
Re: Flood Level Rises In Lokoja, As Residents Flee Homes (Photos) by Nobody: 7:57pm On Sep 13, 2018
daveP:
Done. More pics tomorrow!!
ok

1 Like

Re: Flood Level Rises In Lokoja, As Residents Flee Homes (Photos) by BrokenCock: 7:59pm On Sep 13, 2018
Na this kind thing Eneka boys dey like for rivers state. Dem go nakd d house prapra
Re: Flood Level Rises In Lokoja, As Residents Flee Homes (Photos) by daveP(m): 8:08pm On Sep 13, 2018
legba1:
kabawa...adamkolo and other end of ganaja village will be worst hit....
That side would really cause sadness for many. A Pity no such concrete plan is on ground to make this recurring event to be minimal.

The River dredging alone is with its inconsistencies.
Re: Flood Level Rises In Lokoja, As Residents Flee Homes (Photos) by daveP(m): 8:11pm On Sep 13, 2018
EgunMogaji:
People need to pay attention to flood zones before they buy land and build.
As a Fresher years back. I almost paid for a 2 bedroom flat. The landlord said it was 60k/year. That was when I suspected foul play. Later on, the flood came and still yet many don't know until they are tenants to the river.

1 Like

Re: Flood Level Rises In Lokoja, As Residents Flee Homes (Photos) by Disciple001: 8:15pm On Sep 13, 2018
mumu belo what can you say to this..... ;Dmumu belo what can you say to this.....
Re: Flood Level Rises In Lokoja, As Residents Flee Homes (Photos) by Bintuenyo: 8:20pm On Sep 13, 2018
2012 on my mind, Lokoja was something else.
Re: Flood Level Rises In Lokoja, As Residents Flee Homes (Photos) by Nobody: 8:51pm On Sep 13, 2018
daveP:
As a Fresher years back. I almost paid for a 2 bedroom flat. The landlord said it was 60k/year. That was when I suspected foul play. Later on, the flood came and still yet many don't know until they are tenants to the river.

I just wish that more people are like you that takes their safety into their own hands. In a country where the government is practically non existent we need to watch out for ourselves.

I was ridiculed by my Lawyer (called me an Americana), an educated person when I passed on two lands. One was near a small river (I asked the residents and they said it routinely overflows in rainy seasons) and the other was near pipeline ( I asked residents and they said about a year previously that touts went to puncture the pipeline to steal petrol and it exploded).

1 Like

Re: Flood Level Rises In Lokoja, As Residents Flee Homes (Photos) by rock003: 10:15pm On Sep 13, 2018
Nathdoug:
Lokoja is a confluence Town so I expect nothing less

Conference Town? Is that what they taught you in primary school?
Re: Flood Level Rises In Lokoja, As Residents Flee Homes (Photos) by tohpahz(f): 12:24am On Sep 14, 2018
DrholuwaTOBI:

You're so stupid.
Re: Flood Level Rises In Lokoja, As Residents Flee Homes (Photos) by bluefilm: 3:35am On Sep 14, 2018
Kogi means river.

So therefore Kogi State is actually Rivers State.

I guess you've never thought about it that way. shocked
Re: Flood Level Rises In Lokoja, As Residents Flee Homes (Photos) by ashjay001(m): 5:53am On Sep 14, 2018
Lordofthewest:
If this is happening in kogi state only God knows what Lagos and most part of the Niger delta would be like in 10years from now with the rising sea level..People need to stop blocking drainages and sandfilling waterways cos there's enough land to go round

Read, some years ago, abt Lagos being under water, by 2025sad

It looked too far away then
Re: Flood Level Rises In Lokoja, As Residents Flee Homes (Photos) by Hoodbilonia: 6:55am On Sep 14, 2018
in rick ross voice
mansions under water
see me az a promotion
confiscate dem whips
Re: Flood Level Rises In Lokoja, As Residents Flee Homes (Photos) by Awaja(m): 7:14am On Sep 14, 2018
They're not building new dams to meet with the environmental changes.
Lame govt.
Re: Flood Level Rises In Lokoja, As Residents Flee Homes (Photos) by adetes: 8:43am On Sep 14, 2018
I wonder residents close to lokoja bridge will b facing nw

Re: Flood Level Rises In Lokoja, As Residents Flee Homes (Photos) by daveP(m): 9:28am On Sep 14, 2018
tohpahz:

You're so stupid.
Shoot! You gave him sourly o. lol.
Re: Flood Level Rises In Lokoja, As Residents Flee Homes (Photos) by Didcot: 9:44am On Sep 14, 2018
Kogi State.... Always in the news, 9/10 times, bad news.
Re: Flood Level Rises In Lokoja, As Residents Flee Homes (Photos) by daveP(m): 2:15pm On Sep 14, 2018
EgunMogaji:

I just wish that more people are like you that takes their safety into their own hands. In a country where the government is practically non existent we need to watch out for ourselves.

I was ridiculed by my Lawyer (called me an Americana), an educated person when I passed on two lands. One was near a small river (I asked the residents and they said it routinely overflows in rainy seasons) and the other was near pipeline ( I asked residents and they said about a year previously that touts went to puncture the pipeline to steal petrol and it exploded).
he's a jasi lawyer that's why. but he still be amateur for the jasi level. I wish the government can work hard to ensure properties don't exist 100m from banksbof rivers nationwide. But accountability is always transferred in the wrong way.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Flooded Water Invade A Home In Anambra / Wow Amazing Waterfall Terraces In Ojodu Omole Very Flexible +2349030188831 / Demolition Of Buildings On Lagos-abeokuta Express Way Renders Masses Homeless

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.