Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,211 members, 7,815,229 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:22 AM

I Was Asked To Beg For APC Ticket - Dogara - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Was Asked To Beg For APC Ticket - Dogara (33866 Views)

Muslim-Muslim Ticket: Dogara, Babachir’s Gang Are Impostors — Tinubu / Muslim Muslim Ticket: Dogara Tags Lalong A Coward / President Buhari Wears Igbo, Yoruba & Hausa Attires As He Accepts APC Ticket (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Was Asked To Beg For APC Ticket - Dogara by 2mercy: 9:24pm On Sep 13, 2018
Yakubu Dogara, speaker of the house of representatives, says he was asked to beg for the ticket of the ruling All Progressives Congress (APC).

Dogara said this when he played host to some of his supporters at his Abuja residence on Thursday.

The supporters had presented 2019 forms of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) to him, urging him to pull out of the ruling party.

But Dogara, who said he does not need the APC to be reelected, appealed to the people to give him more time for consultation.

“Truly, I have decided that I will not seek election again. They said they will give me ticket in APC but that I must go and beg for it. I said I do not need the ticket. In politics, I have never gone to anybody’s house to beg for ticket.

“My ticket is my people. I have assured them that even if I run under zero party, my people will vote for me. So long as it is Bogoro/Dass/Tafawa Balewa, even if we run under zero party; we will win by God’s grace.

We have thrived well in many political battles in the past and this one too, we shall overcome it. Nobody can threaten us or tell us that we cannot contest election in a political party we spent our resources to establish, only God can stop us.

“I had heard your voices and the voice of the people is the voice of God. We are in politics to serve and not to be served. As I said, if it were for myself, I will quit because truly I am tired and even thought of stepping aside. But we must run election so long as our people say so.

“I have seen the forms you brought. I don’t know how you got it but I must thank you for this sacrifice. Left for me; I will appeal that you give me sometime to go and consult further.

“I have a lot of supporters in the APC but I have not told any of them what I intend to do or where I will go because I was not given the opportunity but I will assure you that wherever you want me to go or whatever you want me to do I will obey you because you have been with me. This is leadership.”

Dogara also narrated how he gave the APC the condition to pacify some federal lawmakers before he could reconcile with the leadership of the party.

“Even when they were talking about reconciliation in APC, we told them that even if I will be given free ticket in APC, so long as they do not do justice to Senator Sulieman Nazif, Senator Isa Hamma Misau, Honourable Ahmed Yerima, Hon. Aminu Tukur, Hon. Maryam Bagel and others, I will not accept it. I even said that if they will do justice to these people I will be satisfied,” he said.

“You have now given us another opportunity to correct the greatest mistake we did in politics, which was to bring this present government in Bauchi State. This is one of the reasons we must run for election and do away with this plague, chase these termites from Bauchi State.

“I will not disobey you but before I fill these forms, I will have to inform all my supporters in the APC about the decision taken by my constituents since all politics is local.”

https://www.thecable.ng/just-asked-beg-apc-ticket-says-dogara

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Was Asked To Beg For APC Ticket - Dogara by bedspread: 9:27pm On Sep 13, 2018
Dogora, Saraki, Tambuwal.... A group of Young , Smart and Intelligent Politicians...

246 Likes 13 Shares

Re: I Was Asked To Beg For APC Ticket - Dogara by JudasNaCarrot: 9:29pm On Sep 13, 2018
Buhari and his gang of thieves will dispute this your comment and tag you with corruption before Saturday... watch out.

APC.... party of idiots and terrorists.

156 Likes 7 Shares

Re: I Was Asked To Beg For APC Ticket - Dogara by Ekez(m): 9:36pm On Sep 13, 2018
Thank god you dump them like a piece of trash which they are.

114 Likes 7 Shares

Re: I Was Asked To Beg For APC Ticket - Dogara by Nobody: 9:38pm On Sep 13, 2018
Lol... And they said you're politically irrelevant

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Was Asked To Beg For APC Ticket - Dogara by Aufbauh(m): 9:38pm On Sep 13, 2018
This Dogara is really a coward!
At his level why is he playing hide and seek? Make up your mind and stick with it that's how to know a brave man.

*Modified : For those kids spaming my mention, your lord Mr Dogara has finally accepted the PDP nomination. He did that barely some hours after he declined the offer. I thought he should have still hang on for long as he's still keeping his card close to his chest.

I believe he accepted cuz someone has taught him sense and act of bravery or he has read my comment and decided to do the needful.

63 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Was Asked To Beg For APC Ticket - Dogara by lastmessenger: 10:16pm On Sep 13, 2018
Watch these nonentities label him a looter and a wailer

15 Likes

Re: I Was Asked To Beg For APC Ticket - Dogara by kernel001: 10:24pm On Sep 13, 2018
Aufbauh:
At his level why is he playing hide and seek? Make up your mind and stick with it that's how to know a brave man.

How does keeping his game close to his chest affect your private business, did you call Saraki, a brave man for making up his mind?, Ogbome.

92 Likes 4 Shares

Re: I Was Asked To Beg For APC Ticket - Dogara by Chikpat(m): 10:25pm On Sep 13, 2018
Best of luck Speaker Dogara

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Was Asked To Beg For APC Ticket - Dogara by deboysben(m): 10:30pm On Sep 13, 2018
Who doesn't know say nah them pursue you go pdp

You are welcome once again our able speaker
Time to change the change our slogan.

15 Likes

Re: I Was Asked To Beg For APC Ticket - Dogara by Issakendrick: 10:39pm On Sep 13, 2018
>>
>>

Speed Darlington Receiving mouth action from a lady, Watch Video HERE
Re: I Was Asked To Beg For APC Ticket - Dogara by Firgemachar: 10:40pm On Sep 13, 2018
Leave already.
Don't be a coward!
Buhari would rather please your governor than you.

2 Likes

Re: I Was Asked To Beg For APC Ticket - Dogara by PassingShot(m): 10:40pm On Sep 13, 2018
bedspread:
Dogora, Saraki, Tambuwal.... A group of Young , Smart and Intelligent Politicians...
Mugu. A group of looters you meant.

The same constituency you lost woefully in the last bye-election where you could only manage to win just the Bogoro local government.

Mark this post, Dogara’s political career is over by the time the election is done with in 2019.

Shehu Sanni is another politician who gambled with his career and he’s regretting it. He will need PMB to bail him out big time.

25 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Was Asked To Beg For APC Ticket - Dogara by BruncleZuma: 10:41pm On Sep 13, 2018
grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: I Was Asked To Beg For APC Ticket - Dogara by maestroferdi: 10:41pm On Sep 13, 2018
No wahala... APC is going on relegation in February 2019...

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Was Asked To Beg For APC Ticket - Dogara by divinehand2003(m): 10:41pm On Sep 13, 2018
Hon. Dogara, APC said you don't worth much politically and that's why you're not respected by the LIFELESS ONE and his sycophants. Prove them wrong in 2019. Burn them all.

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Was Asked To Beg For APC Ticket - Dogara by seborrhic: 10:42pm On Sep 13, 2018
Aufbauh:
Coward x2

2 Likes

Re: I Was Asked To Beg For APC Ticket - Dogara by Okoyeebo: 10:42pm On Sep 13, 2018
bedspread:

They're not intelligent. They seem to be intelligent because you're represented by dumb politicians.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Was Asked To Beg For APC Ticket - Dogara by legibow: 10:42pm On Sep 13, 2018
How can you beg for something you already have..... Somebody wake dis niggas up.... Lie don't work anymore around here

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Was Asked To Beg For APC Ticket - Dogara by Buterflyle0: 10:42pm On Sep 13, 2018
Dogara, APC has always wanted you to move to PDP.

Since you were too cowardly to move on your own, they now chose to frustrate you out.

Goodbye !

15 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Was Asked To Beg For APC Ticket - Dogara by ifymadu: 10:43pm On Sep 13, 2018
B
Re: I Was Asked To Beg For APC Ticket - Dogara by triblehaul1: 10:43pm On Sep 13, 2018
bedspread:

Says a deluded Igbo
but i know only of a Saraki who bankrupted Savanah Bank and Kwara State.

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Was Asked To Beg For APC Ticket - Dogara by Okoyeebo: 10:43pm On Sep 13, 2018
maestroferdi:
No wahala... APC is going on relegation in February 2019...

Your 5% votes want to send APC on relegation?

All these dumb wawa yoots sef.
On election day now, you won't vote. You'll be indoors eating ofe nsala with your future.

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Was Asked To Beg For APC Ticket - Dogara by Chizzyferd(m): 10:44pm On Sep 13, 2018
Guys please show me some love by subscribing to my YouTube channel to watch the nollywood
movie's https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCf97uxenD0L8jicoh_N5HfA nollywood movies

1 Like

Re: I Was Asked To Beg For APC Ticket - Dogara by deboysben(m): 10:45pm On Sep 13, 2018
Passingshot, Butterflyleo, NgeneUkwu ewu, modalian and Co can you guys tell us what happened to poison manna BBQ seller

5 Likes

Re: I Was Asked To Beg For APC Ticket - Dogara by lirusehn(m): 10:45pm On Sep 13, 2018
PDP championing the two chambers.

The majorities could eff themselves.
#GrowNigeria #Saraki2019

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Was Asked To Beg For APC Ticket - Dogara by lonelydora: 10:45pm On Sep 13, 2018
We know what they can do
Re: I Was Asked To Beg For APC Ticket - Dogara by Nopeace4dwicked: 10:46pm On Sep 13, 2018
Na wa o

3 Likes

Re: I Was Asked To Beg For APC Ticket - Dogara by ifymadu: 10:46pm On Sep 13, 2018
Same old story, tomorrow they will come together to share money and celebrate. They have no permanent enemies because they share the same interest (looting). I only pity their nairaland and other social media supporters who kill themselves for nothing.

6 Likes

Re: I Was Asked To Beg For APC Ticket - Dogara by PassingShot(m): 10:46pm On Sep 13, 2018
legibow:
How can you beg for something you already have..... Somebody wake dis niggas up.... Lie don't work anymore around here
APC was not going to give any of them automatic ticket. APC is determined to retire some of those egoistic politicians.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Was Asked To Beg For APC Ticket - Dogara by bedspread: 10:47pm On Sep 13, 2018
triblehaul1:

Says a deluded Igbo
but i know only of a Saraki who bankrupted Savanah Bank and Kwara State.
Cant u make a point without Insults..
Seems u all are given some foul food over there...
May your Life not be Deluded!
GOD BLESS YOU

5 Likes

Re: I Was Asked To Beg For APC Ticket - Dogara by legibow: 10:47pm On Sep 13, 2018
He dumped them like trash to pickup junks.... You run from fry pan to fire

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

EFCC Declares Leno Adesanya Wanted / AREWA Youths React To Obasanjo's Letter To Buhari / Wike, Saraki And Kwankwaso In Rivers State (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.