Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,116 members, 7,818,329 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:47 PM

Obasanjo Walks Out On Buhari’s Emissaries! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Obasanjo Walks Out On Buhari’s Emissaries! (4897 Views)

BBHS @100: Obasanjo Walks The Streets Of Abeokuta / Yahaya Bello Angrily Walks Out Of Northern APC Governors Meeting / How Buhari’s Emissaries Met Sowore In Detention - Premium Times (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Obasanjo Walks Out On Buhari’s Emissaries! by tomakint: 10:23pm On Sep 13, 2018
EXCLUSIVE:

*Obasanjo walks out on Buhari’s emissaries*

Former President Olusegun Obásanjó on Wednesday afternoon in Abeokuta rebuffed overtures from President Muhammadu Buhari on the former’s opposition to the latter’s re-election bid.

According to some reliable sources, the emissaries who visited former President Obásanjó on Wednesday afternoon in his office at the Olusegun Obasanjo Presidential Library were told by Obasanjo that his opposition to President Buhari was “not personal” but a matter of President Buhari’s alleged “incompetence.”

This Buhari’s “incompetence,” sources quoted President Obásanjó to have said, “is destroying Nigeria, and we can’t allow this to continue.”

President Obásanjó who was reported by the sources to be “visibly angry” that the emissaries had the audacity to visit him for that kind of “insult,” warned them “not to push the case further.”

The former President was said to have wondered why the emissaries would even accept to deliver such a message and was reported to have asked them if they could not see or perceive “what is happening to the country?” The emissaries were said to have been led by a retired General who has enjoyed a cordial relationship with Obasanjo for the past 50 years.

President Obásanjó was also reported to have warned the emissaries not to discuss the matter any further and threatened to “walk out” on them if they tried to “persuade” him.

President Obásanjó who was said to have been initially infuriated by the request of the emissaries to have a “more private audience” with him, refused to excuse his four “guests” who were with him before the emissaries arrived, including two veteran journalists and two close aides.

“This is a Nigerian issue. There is nothing secret about it,” President Obásanjó was reported as saying.

President Obásanjó, according to the sources, walked out on the emissaries “for insisting on persuading him” and left them in his office.

He was reported to have come back into the office and asked his “guests” rhetorically, “Are you still here? You are just wasting your time. No one, including Muhammadu Buhari, has the right to des…. this Nigeria we all laboured to build.”

The former President was reported to have walked past them to use his restroom, walked out of the office thereafter. He refused to give the emissaries further audience, but went ahead to attend to other matters.

It would be recalled that Obásanjó had in January this year, written a scathing open letter to President Buhari on the latter’s Presidency, detailing concerns about the well being of Nigerians.

The letter rattled and irked President Buhari and his followers. President Buhari and his aides have also used different forums to explain to Nigerians the steps they have been taking in the last three and a half years to make Nigeria better than they met it. They insisted that the biggest achievement of the government has been in the fight against corruption, which they claimed has had a positive spiral effect on other spheres of life.

Obasanjo Shuns Buhari’s Emissaries - https://www.newspotng.com/obasanjo-shuns-buharis-emissaries/

3 Likes

Re: Obasanjo Walks Out On Buhari’s Emissaries! by bedspread: 10:27pm On Sep 13, 2018
Only those Around President Mohammed Buhari and those collecting some forms of Gratifications will see nothing Wrong in the Government of the day....

I remember back in 2015, I voiced out to all around me that Pmb has nothing to do for Nigerians.. I remember having Quareels with some of my good friends who felt I didn't see what they were seeing in Pmb...

I Remember on Election Day, I put in my vote for GEJ Presidency and other Parties for Governorship and others... My friends were so up beat that Nigeria will be sound Under Pmb..

I remember I stood my Ground even after the Results and I told my Friends that there will be strange things in Nigeria..

The Good Lord who knew my Heart and knew that I never Supported Pmb as President, from no where Provided a golden opportunity for me to Leave Nigeria . By so Doing I became Exempted from the Disaters and Sufferings on the Citizens...

The same friends who nearly fought me for not Voting Pmb could not hold it any longer... They Remembered I warned them and began calling me from all coners seeking for One help or the Other.. Most of were Ashamed of Talking to me...

I was in Nigeria Early in The year , and I was moved to laughter and Tears of woes of my Friends who were doing extremely good in biz and other things and all of a sudden became starved and hungry due to Pmb directionless governance..

Some Specifically told me, bro you warned us, see you today!!

My Earnest Prayer and Desire for Nigeria is that GOD ALMIGHTY in his Infinite Mercies will Give Nigeria a Leader Designed to lead Nigerians out of the Mess the Nation finds itself!!

GOD BLESS NIGERIA

43 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obasanjo Walks Out On Buhari’s Emissaries! by Chikpat(m): 10:32pm On Sep 13, 2018
Even if this is fake news, Obasanjo can do this. I admire his firmness. but a Daura Fulani prince is not an Otuoke boy o. NW is way too big for SW to measure up with. OBj does not have faithful followers in Nigeria as much as PMB does...

However, Nigeria deserves better than Buhari has given but PDP is not an alternative and we reject backwardness in whatever guise it's coated, packaged, under an unfurled ☔

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Obasanjo Walks Out On Buhari’s Emissaries! by Firgemachar: 10:33pm On Sep 13, 2018
Really

2 Likes

Re: Obasanjo Walks Out On Buhari’s Emissaries! by seborrhic: 10:33pm On Sep 13, 2018
Even if this source looks somehow,its obvious that the contents of the said meeting is the reality.
Buhari has totally set Nigeria backwards and is bent on further destroying this country with his unparalleled incompetence.
We must all rise to boot him out of office or he sets this nation on flames.

2 Likes

Re: Obasanjo Walks Out On Buhari’s Emissaries! by ORACLE1975(m): 10:35pm On Sep 13, 2018
Hmmmm good night
Re: Obasanjo Walks Out On Buhari’s Emissaries! by Cajal(m): 10:35pm On Sep 13, 2018
3rd term....agenda
Re: Obasanjo Walks Out On Buhari’s Emissaries! by mrbaba18(m): 10:44pm On Sep 13, 2018
Sometimes i wonder dos ppl working 4 buhari are dy dat blind dat dy cnt c hw buhari has taken us 10 steps back

2 Likes

Re: Obasanjo Walks Out On Buhari’s Emissaries! by Chikpat(m): 10:46pm On Sep 13, 2018
Firgemachar:

Enter the cowardly piggyyesternr.
Always in awe of his master, the Fulani... grin
Only Yorubas take on Fulanis head on in this country.

Get out and get lost. This is not an exchange for tottering babies

10 Likes

Re: Obasanjo Walks Out On Buhari’s Emissaries! by Firgemachar: 10:49pm On Sep 13, 2018
Chikpat:

Get out and get lost. This is not an exchange for tottering babies

Swear that you fear and worship abookis in your heart.
The civil war must have caused it.
Sorry.
Re: Obasanjo Walks Out On Buhari’s Emissaries! by sholatech(m): 10:53pm On Sep 13, 2018
The ordained Navigator by Tinubu is showing them the new way!
Re: Obasanjo Walks Out On Buhari’s Emissaries! by Chikpat(m): 10:56pm On Sep 13, 2018
Firgemachar:

Swear that you fear and worship abookis in your heart. The civil war must have caused it. Sorry.
I don't understand both you and your message

5 Likes

Re: Obasanjo Walks Out On Buhari’s Emissaries! by EternalTruths: 10:56pm On Sep 13, 2018
bedspread:
Only those Around President Mohammed Buhari and those collecting some forms of Gratifications will see nothing Wrong in the Government of the day....

I remember back in 2015, I voiced out to all around me that Pmb has nothing to do for Nigerians.. I remember having Quareels with some of my good friends who felt I didn't see what they were seeing in Pmb...

I Remember on Election Day, I castes my vote for GEJ Presidency and other Parties for Governorship and others... My friends were so up beat that Nigeria will be sound Under Pmb..

I remember I stood my Ground even after the Results and I told my Friends that there will be strange things in Nigeria..

The Good Lord who knew my Heart and knew that I never Supported Pmb as President, from no where Provided a golden opportunity for me to Leave Nigeria . By so Doing I became Exempted from the Disaters and Sufferings on the Citizens...

The same friends who nearly fought me for not Voting Pmb could not hold it any longer... They Remembered I warned them and began calling me from all coners seeking for One help or the Other.. Most of were Ashamed of Talking to me...

I was in Nigeria Early in The year , and I was moved to laughter and Tears of woes of my Friends who were doing extremely good in biz and other things and all of a sudden became starved and hungry due to Pmb directionless governance..

My Earnest Prayer and Desire for Nigeria is that GOD ALMIGHTY in his Infinite Mercies will Give Nigeria a Leader Designed to lead Nigerians out of the Mess the Nation finds itself!!

GOD BLESS NIGERIA

Pls, help me beg your God to teleport me & my family to a saner country eg Germany

4 Likes

Re: Obasanjo Walks Out On Buhari’s Emissaries! by bedspread: 11:05pm On Sep 13, 2018
EternalTruths:

Pls, help me beg your God to teleport me & my family to a saner country eg Germany
Brother Take it as you Desire it!!
Make the Move.... you will get your Desires In JESUS NAME

5 Likes

Re: Obasanjo Walks Out On Buhari’s Emissaries! by osazeeblue01: 11:09pm On Sep 13, 2018
Thank you baba.
Re: Obasanjo Walks Out On Buhari’s Emissaries! by resurgent2019: 11:22pm On Sep 13, 2018
Firgemachar:

Swear that you fear and worship abookis in your heart.
The civil war must have caused it.
Sorry.

You have not spoken well here.

Do you like as things are going in the country?

We know the igbos are a pain in the ass but they should not be our object of attention for now. We should think of how to oust Buhari from Office else he will deal with all southerners. The man is a bloody Islamic extremist.

5 Likes

Re: Obasanjo Walks Out On Buhari’s Emissaries! by Racoon(m): 11:33pm On Sep 13, 2018
"This Buhari’s incompetence is destroying Nigeria, and we can’t allow this to continue.”

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo Walks Out On Buhari’s Emissaries! by greatdreamer(m): 11:42pm On Sep 13, 2018
The deads are angry with Buhy
Those who lost their jobs under Buhari are angry with him
Workers are angry with him
Igbo are angry with him
Women are angry with him
Security men are angry with him
Saraki is angry with him
Aisha Buhari is angry with him
Trump is angry with him
Some former sai baba chanters are angry with him.
Lala is angry with him because for sometimes now no Snake picture to move to front page..
If you are angry with Buhari just like me click like.

5 Likes

Re: Obasanjo Walks Out On Buhari’s Emissaries! by Splashme: 11:47pm On Sep 13, 2018
Buhari is Nigeria's worst president

5 Likes

Re: Obasanjo Walks Out On Buhari’s Emissaries! by sukar886: 11:48pm On Sep 13, 2018
obasanjo or no obasanjo buhari is incompetence, that's the gospel truth... he has really drag Nigerians back... all his promises na wash...

5 Likes

Re: Obasanjo Walks Out On Buhari’s Emissaries! by KingLennon(m): 12:24am On Sep 14, 2018
mrbaba18:
Sometimes i wonder dos ppl working 4 buhari are dy dat blind dat dy cnt c hw buhari has taken us 10 steps back
They are suffering and smiling. Fela told us but we refuse to listen

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo Walks Out On Buhari’s Emissaries! by RevenGeMission: 12:30am On Sep 14, 2018
I would have complained about Buhari's Administration , He hasn't performed to my expectation , He is moving at a slow pace

But i'll not hate Buhari because some people / section of the country want it like that

These are the people who trended #BringBackOurCorruption campaign

That alone is a turnoff , and all these noises we keep hearing is from those who feed fat from corruption
Re: Obasanjo Walks Out On Buhari’s Emissaries! by candygist: 12:49am On Sep 14, 2018
bedspread:

I Remember on Election Day, I put in my vote for GEJ Presidency and other Parties for Governorship and others... My friends were so up beat that Nigeria will be sound Under Pmb..

GOD BLESS NIGERIA

Super Story
Re: Obasanjo Walks Out On Buhari’s Emissaries! by Calers: 2:06am On Sep 14, 2018
Buhari will never send any body to Obasanjo, I trust buhari.
Re: Obasanjo Walks Out On Buhari’s Emissaries! by Reinvented: 2:11am On Sep 14, 2018
Thank God that Buhari won in 2015. If not, by now his followwrs would be saying Nigeria would have been in Eldorado. Now we know better!.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

BREAKING NEWS!! 3 Ministers Test Positive For Coronavirus / Reps Blame Lack Of Synergy Among Military Agencies For Katsina Abduction / Yobe To Build 31 Public Toilets Worth N200 M

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.