Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,518 members, 7,830,533 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 02:30 AM

Buhari Has Done It Again - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Has Done It Again (479 Views)

As For My Business, Buhari Has Already Destroyed My Business- Atiku / President Buhari Has Signed "Not To Young To Run" Bill / Buhari Has Approved N10billion To Rebuild All Affected Nigerian Communities- VP (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buhari Has Done It Again by Dejikohen: 5:16am On Sep 14, 2018
BUHARI HAS DONE IT AGAIN

Amidst the brouhaha and politicking towards 2019 elections, President Mummahadu Buhari has done it again by appointing Mr Yusuf Magaji Bichi from Kano state as the Director - General of the State security service.

The appointment of Mr Yusuf magaji wouldn't have been worthy a dot of my pen's ink if political appointment in Nigeria was based on competency, character and credibility, instead it is anchored on federal character and geo - politicking.

When the Vice - President sacked lawal daura as the Director - General of the state security service fresh hope was brithed in the land, with 2019 elections in view, Mr President will show his critics that he is a born - again nationalist by appointing a southerner Director - General of the state security service, this political calculation was aided with the facts that Mr Matthew Seyeifa (then Acting DG) was most senior of directors, has less than twelve months to retirement and hails from Bayelsa.

By this singular act of appointing Mr Yusuf Magaji Bichi Mr President has shown again that the electorate wouldn't count in 2019. He would rather like a monarch guide his throne jealously, one that cost him twelve years of his adulthood.

Fresh in his memory is the history of how he lost the throne on the 27 of August 1985, once bitten twice shy. So he would have his beloved throne marshalled by his northern brothers.

How can we claim to be an entity when all our intelligence agencies are headed by notherners, Defence intelligence Agency headed by Air vice Marshal Mohammed saliu usman, National intelligence Agency (Ahmed Abubakar), Nigeria Prison Service ( Ja'afru Ahmed), National security Agency (Mohammed Babagana Monguno), Nigeria Immigration Service ( Muhammed Babandede), Nigerian Police (Ibrahim Koptun Idris).

What this implies is that the next time the National Security Council is seated there will be nobody speaking for southern Nigeria.

I hope the President will still be able to say " I belong to everybody and I belong to Nobody."

Thank you.

God bless you and may God bless the Federal Republic of Nigeria.

Adewumi Adedeji
Writes from Oke-aro, Ogun-state (Nigeria).
Dejijupiter@gmail.com
#D'PresidentDiary.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Has Done It Again by buharitill2023: 5:22am On Sep 14, 2018
Good.
Re: Buhari Has Done It Again by FarahAideed: 5:31am On Sep 14, 2018
Anybody planning to vote Buhari is definitely an enemy of Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Buhari Has Done It Again by zolajpower: 5:42am On Sep 14, 2018
FarahAideed:
Anybody planning to vote Buhari is definitely an enemy of Nigeria
Buhari why but i will...........

Re: Buhari Has Done It Again by Karlovich: 5:43am On Sep 14, 2018
Buhari amaka
Re: Buhari Has Done It Again by pressplay411(m): 6:20am On Sep 14, 2018
I admire him for one thing. He's resolute in not hiding his nature. One would expect him to at least for election purpose dance to the tune of the people, viz appoint a non-northerner as the new DSS head. But No, he stood his ground.

I used to be a supporter of Buhari, I went as far as campaigning blindly and voting for him.
Before anyone judges us, let's remember the indices surrounding our choice of Buhari.
-Our Foreign reserves had been depleted.
-Nigeria was at the brink of recession
-NOI had expressed her fears that Nigeria was broke
-The level of indiscriminate Corruption and Insecurity had become alarming.
-PDP has proved a colossal failure and an elitist party with little or no regard for the plight of the masses.
-Nigeria had suffered a major diplomatic and global damage as corrupt, unsafe, worst economy, etc.

We were desperate for change.
We could not continue with GEJ, the only other option Atiku could neither be trusted as he was part of the PDP elites that ruined the economy.

Leaving us to a supposedly rigid, Anti-corruption, strict alternative. We believed what we needed was someone with a track record of strictness, Anti-corruption and anti-elite. Some one for the masses.
APC capitalised on this vacuum and selling this image for Nigerians was a genius strategy. Capturing both the youths via social media and the elderly via campaigns and rallies.

Now it is obvious things fell apart along the line. Like one desperately in need of a cheap expensive phone who excitedly pays only to get home to open his new well packaged box of "Fufu."
Yes, we were duped.

Whether intentionally or unintentionally, what we are getting from the Buhari led APC govt is far from what we bargained for. We can choose to blame the past govt but some of his own decisions have not only exposed his bigotry and stark ineptitude to run the affairs of this challenging nation. His health is another Achilles heel we were blinded to. Truly, desperation and love are blindening.

At this juncture, it would be nothing short of stubborness to commit the future of this nation into the hands of Buhari for the next 4 years. Why? Odikwa risky. O lewu, it is a dangerous thing.

I will not insinuate candidacy, but let's perform our due dillifence as voters with the knowing that we are commuting our lives, families, futures, means of livelihood, businesses, safety in the hands of the incoming president, governors and legislators.

Please, we can't be ignorant, biased, selfish, divided and childish about this anymore.

God help us.
God bless Nigeria and God bless Nigerians in Jesus name
Amen.

(1) (Reply)

APC Blasts Proscribed Faction In Taraba, Says Their Activities Remain Illegal / APC In Last Minute Effort To Mend Rifts In States / Lai Mohammed Slams PDP For Condemning Inec's Decision To Declare Osun Election

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.