Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,615 members, 7,813,023 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 04:33 AM

DG DSS: South-east Leaders Should Stay Away From Southern Unity - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / DG DSS: South-east Leaders Should Stay Away From Southern Unity (3432 Views)

Imo’s Uzodinma Breaks From Southern Governors On Anti-Open Grazing / Photos From Southern Governors' Meeting In Lagos / Victor Edoror: Malami Instructed IGP, DG DSS To Provide Us With Security (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

DG DSS: South-east Leaders Should Stay Away From Southern Unity by Afam4eva(m): 9:56am On Sep 14, 2018
There's no point belaboring on the fact that there's noo such thing as Southern Unity as it seems each component unit that makes up the south are fighting for their interest and don't care about anyone else. it seems to me that it's only the South-East/Igbo leaders are are always hell bent on attaching themselves to an inexistent southern unity. The only time the southern leaders actually speak with one voice is only if a situation affects either the SS or SW.

It's no news that Buhari is an irredeemable irredentist as succintly put by Donald Duke. So, what he did by passing over Seiyefa for the position it's not news to people who don't have their heads buried inside Buhari's exterior. My only problem is, would the southern leaders have spoken had it been an Igbo person that was passed over? I don't think so.

I think it's high time for Igbo leaders to wisen up and unbuckle themselves from a phantom Southern solidarity which is just a ploy to unite forces against a northern leader only when it affects anybody but the Igbos. Even more dubious is the romance between the SS and SE. The south-south has never supported the South-east in any capacity but always wanting support from the east when their man (Jonathan) is being oppressed or when they're been cheated out of a position.

Ndigbo, wise up and be counted.

29 Likes 5 Shares

Re: DG DSS: South-east Leaders Should Stay Away From Southern Unity by samutd4u(m): 9:58am On Sep 14, 2018
alryt
Re: DG DSS: South-east Leaders Should Stay Away From Southern Unity by Andhominem: 9:59am On Sep 14, 2018
Ill conceived write up.

2 Likes

Re: DG DSS: South-east Leaders Should Stay Away From Southern Unity by Arysexy(m): 10:14am On Sep 14, 2018
I support your notion. While igbos were being cheated and marginalized by buhari govt, our cries were waved aside by our southern brothers as cry of greedy lot. Now it has been extended to them, we should seat back and allow them sort themselves.

We are used to this kind of treatment. Until Nigerians are ready for true Nationalism , the fake one Nigeria mantra will remain a temporary glue. The earlier we scatter the better for us.

Useless country

18 Likes 4 Shares

Re: DG DSS: South-east Leaders Should Stay Away From Southern Unity by UncleSnr(m): 10:15am On Sep 14, 2018
Gbam! Righty said. Let every man bear his cross.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: DG DSS: South-east Leaders Should Stay Away From Southern Unity by Afam4eva(m): 10:17am On Sep 14, 2018
Arysexy:
I support your notion. While igbos were being cheated and marginalized by buhari govt, our cries were waved aside by our southern brothers as cry of greedy lot. Now it has been extended to them, we should seat back and allow them sort themselves.

We are used to this kind of treatment. Until Nigerians are ready for true Nationalism , the fake one Nigeria mantra will remain a temporary glue. The earlier we scatter the better for us.

Useless country
Only if the average Igbo man can be half as smart as you are.

There's no part of this country that have been marginalized as much as the Igbos but every time we complain, we're called all sorts of names. But just because a simple DG of DSS was taken away from them, they're calling for a Southern Nigerian unity.

Let every region carry their cross. Our mumu don do.

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: DG DSS: South-east Leaders Should Stay Away From Southern Unity by chiagozien(m): 10:17am On Sep 14, 2018
what of we igbos from south south,should we now join yorubas?

2 Likes

Re: DG DSS: South-east Leaders Should Stay Away From Southern Unity by Xander85: 10:22am On Sep 14, 2018
You're right! All the times that wicked man Buhari and his APC party were ignoring Igbos in appointments you hardly heard any voices of solidarity with Igbos from other regions in the south. Rather what you heard was that Igbos deserved it for placing all their eggs in one basket!

Our Igbo elite can be fickle and naive, and this largely accounts for why we're where we are today in this shithole of a country!

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: DG DSS: South-east Leaders Should Stay Away From Southern Unity by chiagozien(m): 10:22am On Sep 14, 2018
Sharpshooota:

The op is having an amnesia episode
i dont believe in southern unity but i stand for eastern unity.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: DG DSS: South-east Leaders Should Stay Away From Southern Unity by vedaxcool(m): 10:25am On Sep 14, 2018
[s]
Afam4eva:
There's no point belaboring on the fact that there's noo such thing as Southern Unity as it seems each component unit that makes up the south are fighting for their interest and don't care about anyone else. it seems to me that it's only the South-East/Igbo leaders are are always hell bent on attaching themselves to an inexistent southern unity. The only time the southern leaders actually speak with one voice is only if a situation affects either the SS or SW.

It's no news that Buhari is an irredeemable irredentist as succintly put by Donald Duke. So, what he did by passing over Seiyefa for the position it's not news to people who don't have their heads buried inside Buhari's exterior. My only problem is, would the southern leaders have spoken had it been an Igbo person that was passed over? I don't think so.

I think it's high time for Igbo leaders to wisen up and unbuckle themselves from a phantom Southern solidarity which is just a ploy to unite forces against a northern leader only when it affects anybody but the Igbos. Even more dubious is the romance between the SS and SE. The south-south has never supported the South-east in any capacity but always wanting support from the east when their man (Jonathan) is being oppressed or when they're been cheated out of a position.

[/s]

When Jonathan sack Yardua man and replaced him Raymond Ekpong non of you chant irridentist abeg keep your useless unity to yourself. PMB did not fall for your blackmail when Saraki removed card reader from the Electoral Bill neither did he fall for the DSS blackmail. If unah no like am single to the marines

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: DG DSS: South-east Leaders Should Stay Away From Southern Unity by Almaiga: 10:27am On Sep 14, 2018
Trash, Nigeria is one indivisible Country. If you are not comfortable with this, you are free to relocate to Benin Republic or Ghana.

2 Likes

Re: DG DSS: South-east Leaders Should Stay Away From Southern Unity by Afam4eva(m): 10:29am On Sep 14, 2018
vedaxcool:
[s][/s]

When Jonathan sack Yardua man and replaced him Raymond Ekpong non of you chant irridentist abeg keep your useless unity to yourself. PMB did not fall for your blackmail when Saraki removed card reader from the Electoral Bill neither did he fall for the DSS blackmail. If unah no like am single to the marines
If you had an ounce of sense, you'll realize that this is neither about Buhari or Jonathan and their appointments but about southern unity.

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: DG DSS: South-east Leaders Should Stay Away From Southern Unity by Gabriel004: 10:33am On Sep 14, 2018
Afam4eva:

Only if the average Igbo man can be half as smart as you are.

There's no part of this country that have been marginalized as much as the Igbos but every time we complain, we're called all sorts of names. But just because a simple DG of DSS was taken away from them, they're calling for a Southern Nigerian unity.

Let every region carry their cross. Our mumu don do.
How are igbos marginalised. Can you explain?

2 Likes

Re: DG DSS: South-east Leaders Should Stay Away From Southern Unity by Nobody: 10:37am On Sep 14, 2018
I love this......coz if u check my stance on nairaland I was never part of it.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: DG DSS: South-east Leaders Should Stay Away From Southern Unity by Nobody: 10:40am On Sep 14, 2018
chiagozien:
what of we igbos from south south,should we now join yorubas?

How is their affair ur business.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: DG DSS: South-east Leaders Should Stay Away From Southern Unity by mangoman00: 10:42am On Sep 14, 2018
My brother, it is in our nature to abhor injustice,the instinct is in us.let us continue to play big brother to our southern neigbbours , our independent mind is the propeller.

4 Likes

Re: DG DSS: South-east Leaders Should Stay Away From Southern Unity by vedaxcool(m): 10:42am On Sep 14, 2018
[s]
Afam4eva:

If you had an ounce of sense, you'll realize that this is neither about Buhari or Jonathan and their appointments but about southern unity.
[/s]

If you have ever used your sense, now will be the time, your entire useless thread is based on PMB DSS appointment which occasioned dishonest and vile creatures to demand unity when in fact they were silent when Jonathan and even Obasanjo did same. But truly keep your useless unity to yourself and see how it pans out for you.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: DG DSS: South-east Leaders Should Stay Away From Southern Unity by LadyExcellency: 10:42am On Sep 14, 2018
Afam4eva:

You should have ignored him.

He hawks and peddles Buhari's matter for head like gala.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: DG DSS: South-east Leaders Should Stay Away From Southern Unity by pazienza(m): 10:46am On Sep 14, 2018
Afam4eva:

Very well put.

We must always put our own interest in front and damn other groups interests. Because no group puts our own interests before theirs.

The sacked Ijaw man is non of Ndiigbo business. Any Igbo political jobber or office holder meddling into that, is naive and is not acting in Igbo best interest.

We mustn't be used as scapegoats for any struggle against injustice that occurred anywhere in Nigeria, that's folly.

Nothing like Southern Nigeria. Those affected should be at the forefront fighting. I want to see Edwin Clark and IYC making public statements on the sacking of their son. If they wouldn't, but expect a Southern Unity forum to be formed, where the whole struggle would be given an Igbo coloration and declared an Igbo opposition to Buhari, and then they could all hide behind us, while Ndiigbo take the whole bullets, then they must be joking, and Amadioha must visit any Igbo political jobber affliating Ndiigbo with such dubious cause.
Ndiigbo must learn to start minding only our own business in Nigeria. Let the dead bury themselves.

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: DG DSS: South-east Leaders Should Stay Away From Southern Unity by kunleweb: 10:48am On Sep 14, 2018
Afam4eva:

You are a big fool for this statement

Even more dubious is the romance between the SS and SE. The south-south has never supported the South-east in any capacity but always wanting support from the east when their man (Jonathan) is being oppressed or when they're been cheated out of a position.

Such a fool

3 Likes

Re: DG DSS: South-east Leaders Should Stay Away From Southern Unity by pazienza(m): 10:49am On Sep 14, 2018
mangoman00:
My brother it is in our nature to abhor injustice,the instinct is in us.let us continue to play big brother to our southern neigbbours our independent mind is the propellers.

Don't be naive.

There is no big or small brother in the Jungle. All creatures must battle Hard for its survival. Ditto in Nigeria political space.
If Ndiigbo don't learn to outgrow this emotional hero complex, we would continue to suffer politically in Nigeria.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: DG DSS: South-east Leaders Should Stay Away From Southern Unity by godox2(m): 10:51am On Sep 14, 2018
Arysexy:

Useless country

Do you think that in 2015, election Buhari and APC were not Marginalized votewise?How will you be comfortable eating from the same political pot of soup you refused deliberately to contribute?
SE puts all their eggs in one basket in 2015, this cause the present day marginalization. Let them try and correct their mistake, especially now that PDP is looking for VP from SS or SW, what a shame. Infact SS has moved on already by spreading their party affilliation, but SE, its only PDP or Never!SORRY!

1 Like

Re: DG DSS: South-east Leaders Should Stay Away From Southern Unity by Afam4eva(m): 10:53am On Sep 14, 2018
mangoman00:
My brother, it is in our nature to abhor injustice,the instinct is in us.let us continue to play big brother to our southern neigbbours , our independent mind is the propeller.
It seems to me that what you're playing is small brother because the people you are playing big brother to always get a better deal than yourself. Sort yourself out first before thinking about others. Why do you think the Yorubas are the least interested in southern Unity? it' because they are getting a better deal than other southerners. So, you don't expect them to cry for you. Cry your cry and leave others alone to cry theirs. There are enough cries to go around.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: DG DSS: South-east Leaders Should Stay Away From Southern Unity by pazienza(m): 11:08am On Sep 14, 2018
Let's dissect the fraud and deception behind this Southern Unity thing.
Who are the southerners behind this group demanding for justice for the sacked Ijaw man?

1. Yorubas? This can't be. Everyone knows that main stream Yorubas are core Buharists and APC henchmen. No one would take serious, the presence of few powerless Yorubas pretending to be involved in this Southern Unity project. So, no one would give it a Yoruba coloration.

2. SS? This is an amphoteric group. APC is currently led by Oshiomhole, APC is also controlling Edo state. Uduaghan and Akpabio are now APC men. Amaechi Rotimi is an APC stalwart. Wike and Secondus are holding Fort for PDP. So it's a divided region. Nobody would accuse them of fighting against Buhari and APC in this Southern Unity forum.

3. Ndiigbo. We are core anti Buharists, our abhorrence for the man character, we have never hidden. Rochas is hated here because he is perceived as a turncoat to Igbo cause, who insults us just to curry favour from his APC masters. Anyway you look at it, this Southern Unity fraud would be narrowed down to Ndiigbo and anchored around us.
If it fails, Ndiigbo bear the full consequences. But if it succeeds, we reap no dividend, as it wasn't built for our cause, but for SS cause. So what happens? Buhari would simply compensate Ijaws with another lucrative post, while again marking Igbos out for further punishment, for attempting to paint his government in bad light.

No matter how this fraudulent agitation ends, it's lose lose situation for Ndiigbo.

Agwu, Ojukwu, Amadioha, Ngene, Igwekala will visit any tactless Igbo political jobber or political office holder that is associating Ndiigbo with such dubious cause.

Let Edwin Clark and IYC come out and fight for their rights. That way, if it boomerangs, they would bear the full consequences, and if it succeeds, the same is applicable.

Ndiigbo, let's learn to mind our own business.

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: DG DSS: South-east Leaders Should Stay Away From Southern Unity by seunmsg(m): 11:12am On Sep 14, 2018
It is good politics at this point in time to emotionally call Buhari an irredeemable irredentist. If we want to be realistic however, we can see that Buhari did exactly what all other presidents had done when it comes to appointing the DG of DSS.

We should be concerned as Nigerians for our country and not for a section since presidents from all sections have done same. The question we should be asking now is why our presidents, past and present are never comfortable with having the head of the intelligence agency from a region other than theirs? Historically, president/head of states that have left their personal security in the hands of operatives from sections other than theirs have paid huge price for that decision.

Personally, i think it is time we do something about the mutual suspicion and mistrust that has been existing among us since the first coup if we are to progress as a nation. Sadly however, threads like this will only further divide us instead of forging the much needed unity.

1 Like

Re: DG DSS: South-east Leaders Should Stay Away From Southern Unity by mangoman00: 11:12am On Sep 14, 2018
[quote author=pazienza post=71188460]
Truth is bitter and better to be swallowed bcs it heals the mind ,
Are Igbos not big brothers to Ijaws,Urhobos,Efiks even Yorubas forget about the garagara.I still maintain Igbos should stand against injustice no matter the person the injustice is been done against.
Re: DG DSS: South-east Leaders Should Stay Away From Southern Unity by horsepower101: 11:15am On Sep 14, 2018
This is my sentiments. Ndigbo should stay away from that nonsense. I can’t wait for my generation to take over leadership because I believe we are much wiser and bolder than so many so called elders.

Most of them are blind and timid.

Good job OP.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Saw Obaseki Crying During The Election And Calling For Cancellations Of Votes / No Igbo Man Worthy Of Top Security Post In Nigeria / We Discovered 3 Bags Full Of Juju, $1 Million Cash In Diya's House- Major Adamu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.