Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,604 members, 7,816,501 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:08 PM

5 Fashion Hacks That May Affect Your Health - Fashion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / 5 Fashion Hacks That May Affect Your Health (16542 Views)

Fashion Hacks You Do Not Know About / 5 Fashion Trends Any Girl Who Grew Up In The 90s Probably Rocked / Top 5 Fashion Fails Stylish Women Never Make (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

5 Fashion Hacks That May Affect Your Health by Opinionated: 12:08pm On Sep 14, 2018
A lot of women suffer for their fashion, putting their bodies through things, and into things, that are not necessarily the ideal situations for the physical comfort. Fashion can be a real killer sometimes, that’s what they say, but have you ever taken a second to think about the truth behind that statement? Are there things that you are doing with your clothing and accessories that might be causing you harm? Here are some fashion habits that may affect your overall look and even your health.

Badly fitting bra

A high percentage of ladies are walking around every day wearing bras that don’t actually fit properly. You are wearing the wrong size if the band rubs against your breasts, if you can slide your fingers underneath it with ease, and if your straps are constantly digging into your shoulders. Making this mistake every single day can lead to lots of back and posture problems.

Big handbags

The trend for large handbags is big right now, and most women tend to wear their bags on one shoulder all the time. The heavier your the bag gets, the more strain gets put on this particular shoulder, and over time your posture will suffer.

Skinny jeans

Skinny jeans aren’t going anywhere soon, but the extremely tight ones can have some negative effects. Low rise varieties can have the effect of dragging your pelvis down and putting extra work on your joints, which are the joints that connect your sacrum to your ilium bones. It can cause lower back pain.

Tight-fitting underwear

Heavy duty body shaping underwear can lead to things like acid reflux and heartburn, because lots of excess pressure is being put on your stomach, restricting your internal organs and making the digestion process harder for your body to complete. In extreme cases, it can even restrict your breathing.

Stilettos

If you were to see the position of your foot in a stiletto, but without the stiletto actually being there, you would be completely shocked! Not only is your foot contorted, but to achieve balance, you have to pull forward slightly which over time can start to cause problems with neck and back muscles.

Source: 5 Fashion Hacks that May Affect Your Health

2 Likes

Re: 5 Fashion Hacks That May Affect Your Health by Nobody: 3:26pm On Sep 14, 2018
Damn!!!

1 Like

Re: 5 Fashion Hacks That May Affect Your Health by Kokugraphics(m): 3:27pm On Sep 14, 2018
Everything wahala na women get am

3 Likes

Re: 5 Fashion Hacks That May Affect Your Health by Lilymax(f): 3:27pm On Sep 14, 2018
Some girls wont listen o.
As for me, i cannot kill myself

6 Likes

Re: 5 Fashion Hacks That May Affect Your Health by Majlaw(m): 3:27pm On Sep 14, 2018
I no dey wear Boxer sef

1 Like

Re: 5 Fashion Hacks That May Affect Your Health by Nobody: 3:28pm On Sep 14, 2018
Heh.
Re: 5 Fashion Hacks That May Affect Your Health by bigmike227(m): 3:28pm On Sep 14, 2018
nice one cool
Re: 5 Fashion Hacks That May Affect Your Health by kaypap93: 3:28pm On Sep 14, 2018
handbags on one side... I'm guilty
Re: 5 Fashion Hacks That May Affect Your Health by GentleMoney: 3:28pm On Sep 14, 2018

3 Likes

Re: 5 Fashion Hacks That May Affect Your Health by inoki247: 3:28pm On Sep 14, 2018
girls wey dey sag nko what will happen to dem
Re: 5 Fashion Hacks That May Affect Your Health by Kokugraphics(m): 3:29pm On Sep 14, 2018
Everything was targeted at women. Wahala too much.
Re: 5 Fashion Hacks That May Affect Your Health by dingbang(m): 3:29pm On Sep 14, 2018
cool girls should stop wearing bra.

Re: 5 Fashion Hacks That May Affect Your Health by MarijuanaLORD: 3:30pm On Sep 14, 2018
Majlaw:
I no dey wear Boxer sef
Lol my own na no singlet or inner wear no matter whether na shirt or native i wear
Re: 5 Fashion Hacks That May Affect Your Health by 9jayes: 3:30pm On Sep 14, 2018
Majlaw:
I no dey wear Boxer sef

And me too

In other news,
Instead of sitting at home on October 1'st why not use the opportunity to earn a free certificate from Google on digital skills. For details see my signature.
Re: 5 Fashion Hacks That May Affect Your Health by Nobody: 3:30pm On Sep 14, 2018
I hate stilettos. Wish I could swing it like dem kardashians though.

2 Likes

Re: 5 Fashion Hacks That May Affect Your Health by nikkypearl(f): 3:30pm On Sep 14, 2018
sad sad
Re: 5 Fashion Hacks That May Affect Your Health by piceho: 3:30pm On Sep 14, 2018
as a matter of principle, i love dressing smart and simple.

1 Like

Re: 5 Fashion Hacks That May Affect Your Health by Boyooosa(m): 3:32pm On Sep 14, 2018
Heavy mascara and weighty jewelries
Re: 5 Fashion Hacks That May Affect Your Health by Jellyberry(m): 3:32pm On Sep 14, 2018
Thats bahd,hope they hear,see and take it. my siggy abeg
Re: 5 Fashion Hacks That May Affect Your Health by Legolast: 3:32pm On Sep 14, 2018
All these higi-haga will end after you born 3 children

1 Like

Re: 5 Fashion Hacks That May Affect Your Health by mobash12: 3:34pm On Sep 14, 2018
Majlaw:
I no dey wear Boxer sef
daz bad o bro.
Re: 5 Fashion Hacks That May Affect Your Health by Hoodbilonia: 3:35pm On Sep 14, 2018
all my jeaans na loose fit
stretch
i geh one skinny jeans
e dey hard me to wear
Re: 5 Fashion Hacks That May Affect Your Health by otunde527: 3:38pm On Sep 14, 2018
OK oo
Noted
And to my clients too please take note
Re: 5 Fashion Hacks That May Affect Your Health by Yewandequeen(f): 4:03pm On Sep 14, 2018
grin grin
Re: 5 Fashion Hacks That May Affect Your Health by SAMBARRY: 4:18pm On Sep 14, 2018
please I love my stiolettes undecided

Carry your negative energy elsewhere
Re: 5 Fashion Hacks That May Affect Your Health by revontuli(f): 4:23pm On Sep 14, 2018
I don't wear any of that except for some special occasion like a wedding.

I wear men's cargo pants with big pockets -no need for a handbag! When I wear normal jeans, I carry a lighrweight cloth purse with minimal content (wallet, keys, sunglasses) no stilettos, never ever, super comfy running/hiking shoes 99% of the time.
No tight fitting anything, it's not practical and too uncomfortable. It's a no brainer to figure out those things are unhealthy and cause pain.
Re: 5 Fashion Hacks That May Affect Your Health by stano2(m): 4:57pm On Sep 14, 2018
Nice post

Caller : Is this INEC office??

Official : Yes sir.

Caller : How prepared are you for the coming elections??

Official : Sir, as i speak to you everything is ready.... including the results

Get my contact from my whatsapp contact from my signature, have a new laptop for sale at give away price.

1 Like

Re: 5 Fashion Hacks That May Affect Your Health by yojizosaw: 5:43pm On Sep 14, 2018
Majlaw:
I no dey wear Boxer sef

Make sales on your website even when you are asleep! Let’s Integrate Payment Solutions For You

On Cyber Monday 2016, Amazon sold 36.8 million items worldwide. Konga, Jumia, Payporte (sponsor of BigBrother Naija), are making millions of sales in a month. New entry Ecommerce sites Like Rango.com.ng, Bestfoodsonline.com, Foodsquartersng.com are making good sales on their websites, seemlessly!

A company website is a must-have in today’s Internet-driven economy. But while most companies have a website, few use them to their full potential to drive sales and revenue. That’s a shame, because websites are often a major investment in terms of time and money, and they can be a lot of work to keep updated.

So if you aren't maximizing the return on investment of your site, you're missing out on a huge opportunity.

Why don't you contact us now and turn your website into a Shopping destination?

Re: 5 Fashion Hacks That May Affect Your Health by vickyie(f): 9:20am On Oct 04, 2021
I refuse to partake in any fashion trend that will stress me lai lai

(1) (Reply)

Things You'd Never Spend Your Money On / Victoria Daropale Wins "Fresh Faces Modeling Contest" In Spain / What Would You Prefer Your Wife To Wear Always?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.