Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,286 members, 7,954,129 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 12:50 PM

Problem With Mtn Usb Modem (huawei E156g) - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Problem With Mtn Usb Modem (huawei E156g) (11808 Views)

Setting Up Pc To Pc Lan And Sharing A Usb Modem Internet Services In The Network / Unlocking Mtn Usb Modem / I Need Mtn Usb Modem Cheat (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Problem With Mtn Usb Modem (huawei E156g) by tkovie2002(m): 11:33am On Jul 04, 2010
Please Nairalanders,

I bought an MTN Huawei E156G USB Modem from a friend and it doesnt work with the MTN sim card at all, I tried everyother network sim card on it and it works perfectly, I even tried MTN Ghana on it and it worked, but when I put in my MTN Nigeria sim or any other MTN Nigeria sim, as soon as it connects to the network and starts browsing, it will disconnect and when i try to reconnect, it will say "you cannot connect without registering on an available network".

I dont really know what else to do, I have tried all tricks and tweaks on it, i upgraded the firmware, unlocked it, changed the Dashboard etc, None of them seem to work. I thought of going to MTN office, but I dont know if they will attend to me since it is already unlocked, firmware upgraded, Dashboard changed and above all, I didnt buy it from them directly.

Please you people should help me out on what I should do, all reasonable Ideas are welcome. Thanks.
Re: Problem With Mtn Usb Modem (huawei E156g) by casig: 11:38pm On Jul 04, 2010
I had a similar problem when I bought mine last month. A friend suggested to me to buy a 0803 sim card. I did that it solved the problem. Try that, it might solve your problem. However, my modem is a new one bought directly from an MTN Connect Store.
Re: Problem With Mtn Usb Modem (huawei E156g) by tkovie2002(m): 2:00am On Jul 05, 2010
@casig, fanks alot for ur suggestion i,ll try that 1st thing in d morning.

i'll let u know d result.
Re: Problem With Mtn Usb Modem (huawei E156g) by tkovie2002(m): 2:03pm On Jul 05, 2010
@Casig, I just tried the stuff now and it didnt work. It'll connect for some 1 minute and then disconnect and show the same error message again telling me that I cannot connect before registering on an available network.

Please someone should help me here. The Modem is brand new, the guy just bought it from MTN store, never used it and wanted to travel out of the country thats why I bought it from him (still in the pack).

I hope to get suggestions and solutions from you all.

Thanks
Re: Problem With Mtn Usb Modem (huawei E156g) by Shryne(m): 11:33am On Nov 17, 2010
I think dis Huawei E156G MTN Modem is quite problematic mor especially wit Windows 7.
Just bought a brand new 1 n its always disconecting n sumtimes tells me USB not recognised.
Took it back to MTN n they couldnt evn do a thing 2 it.
I tink it has a hardware problem cos i've jst updated d firmware n dashboard, stl d problem persists.
Any1 knw how to flash huawei modem, pls help
Re: Problem With Mtn Usb Modem (huawei E156g) by Damix007(m): 3:57pm On Nov 17, 2010
Check ur MTN configuration settings
Re: Problem With Mtn Usb Modem (huawei E156g) by Shryne(m): 5:12pm On Nov 23, 2010
Damix007:

Check your MTN configuration settings

did u follow my complaint?
i said if i plug my mtn modem to my pc sometimes it ll tell me USB not recognized,
sometimes it connects n within som seconds i ll get "the device has bn disconnectd"
sometimes it ll conect 2 internet while am browsin, Services varnishes 4rm d dashboard n wont com back unless i disconect n conect back.
Re: Problem With Mtn Usb Modem (huawei E156g) by Adanyebe(m): 2:05pm On May 20, 2013
There are several reasons why you re unable to connect your modem to your PC to access the internet. some many have complained of "device disconnected" or device not available when they try to connect their modem to the internet. Sometimes SIM is not detected or SIM is said to be invalid. And sometimes you get the message on modem installation that says "Device not successfully install" or you get device "driver not found".
You can find solutions to all that Here

http://browsingcheat..com/2013/05/10-steps-to-troubleshoot-your-zte-or-huawei-or-3g-modem.html
Re: Problem With Mtn Usb Modem (huawei E156g) by paulabdeel(m): 11:18pm On May 20, 2013
I use the same modem. In fact, I have been using it since April 2010 without any problem. I use it mainly with MTN, except in Sierra Leone where I use it with Airtel. For about four days now I cannot use it in Windows 7 & 8. But it works in Ubuntu. It is unlocked but the firmware has not been , upgraded. I am thinking of just buying a universal modem.
Re: Problem With Mtn Usb Modem (huawei E156g) by Amacaco: 8:58am On May 21, 2013
Why not go to a place with a better Mtn network. I think it is purely a network problem. Secondly, if you are not in a 3G area, make sure you set your network to 2G only in the Modem. This might help.

(1) (Reply)

How Much Does A Comptia A+ Certification Cost? / What Is The Difference Between Mssd, SSD And Msata? / The Worst Virus/Malware Infection You've Had On Your PC?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.