Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,597 members, 7,809,168 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:34 AM

Kemi Adeosun's Resignation Letter (Full Text) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Kemi Adeosun's Resignation Letter (Full Text) (72681 Views)

Kemi Adeosun Wearing NYSC Uniform - By Joe Igbokwe (Real Or Photoshopped?) / Kemi Adeosun NYSC Certificate Scandal: Bigger Picture Of NYSC & Nigerians Abroad / NYSC: Kemi Adeosun Not Legally Required To Participate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Kemi Adeosun's Resignation Letter (Full Text) by Lizzysamuel(f): 10:18pm On Sep 14, 2018
Below is the full text of Mrs Adeosun’s
resignation letter.

His Excellency
Muhammadu Buhari
President, Federal Republic of Nigeria
State House
Aso Villa
Abuja

Dear Excellency,

Let me commence by thanking you profusely for the honour and privilege of serving under your inspirational leadership. It has been a truly rewarding experience to learn from you and to observe at close quarters your integrity and sense of duty.

I have, today, become privy to the findings of the investigation into the allegation made in an online medium that the Certificate of Exemption from National Youth Service Corp (NYSC) that I had presented was not genuine. This has come as a shock to me and I believe that in line with this administration’s focus on integrity, I must do the honourable thing and resign.

Your Excellency, kindly permit me to outline some of the background to this matter. I was born and raised in the United Kingdom, indeed my parental family home remains in London. My visits to Nigeria up until the age of thirty-four (34) were holidays, with visas obtained in my UK passport. I obtained my first Nigerian passport at the age of thirty-four (34) and when I relocated there was debate as to whether NYSC Law applied to me.

Upon enquiry as to my status relating to NYSC, I was informed that due to my residency history and having exceeded the age of thirty (30), I was exempted from the requirement to serve. Until recent events, that remained my understanding.
On the basis of that advice and with the guidance and assistance of those, I thought were trusted associates, NYSC were approached for documentary proof of status.

I then received the certificate in question. Having never worked in NYSC, visited the premises, been privy to nor familiar with their operations, I had no reason to suspect that the certificate was anything but genuine. Indeed, I presented that certificate at the 2011 Ogun State House of Assembly and in 2015 for Directorate of State Services (DSS) Clearance as well as to the National Assembly for screening. Be that as it may, as someone totally committed to a culture of probity and accountability I have decided to resign with effect from Friday, 14th September, 2018.

Your Excellency, It has been an exceptional privilege to have served our nation under your leadership and to have played a role in steering our economy at a very challenging time. I am proud that Nigeria has brought discipline into its finances, has identified and is pursuing a path to long term sustainable growth that will unlock the potential in this great economy. Under your leadership, Nigeria was able to exit recession and has now started to lay the foundations for lasting growth and wealth creation.

Repositioning this huge economy is not a short term task and there are no short cuts, indeed there are tough decisions still to be made but I have no doubt that your focus on infrastructural investment, revenue mobilisation and value for money in public expenditure will deliver growth, wealth and opportunity for all Nigerians.

I thank His Excellency, the Vice President and my colleagues in the Federal Executive Council for the huge pleasure and honour of working with them. I also thank most specially, the team in the ‘Finance Family’ of advisers and heads of agencies under the Ministry of Finance. Your Excellency, this group of committed Nigerians represent a range of backgrounds, ethnicities and ages.

They have worked well above and beyond the call of duty to support me in the tasks assigned. The diversity in my team and their ability to work cohesively to deliver reforms, convinces me that Nigeria has the human capital required to succeed.

Your Excellency, let me conclude by commending your patience and support, during the long search for the truth in this matter. I thank you again for giving me the honour of serving under your leadership, it is a rare privilege, which I do not take for granted. As a Nigerian and committed progressive, I appreciate you for your dogged commitment to improving this nation.

Please be assured, as always, of my highest regards and best wishes.

Kemi Adeosun (Mrs)

https://m.facebook.com/448436902013711/posts/881460398711357/

89 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Kemi Adeosun's Resignation Letter (Full Text) by Temptee101(m): 10:29pm On Sep 14, 2018
It doesn't stop there, arrest and prosecution should follow

219 Likes 19 Shares

Re: Kemi Adeosun's Resignation Letter (Full Text) by Buterflyle0: 10:33pm On Sep 14, 2018
Temptee101:

Read the letter again.

325 Likes 22 Shares

Re: Kemi Adeosun's Resignation Letter (Full Text) by babyphaze07(m): 10:34pm On Sep 14, 2018
I thank you for a job well done. Indeed you have done us proud by putting this country into recession which inflicted a lot of sufferings on the populace. You policies such as borrowing to finance the budget has increased our total both internal and external debt. Nigerians won't forget this.
Your name is written in gold in Nigeria history as a minister with a forged certificate.

Nigerians would have wished if PMB could resign too.

481 Likes 46 Shares

Re: Kemi Adeosun's Resignation Letter (Full Text) by Nobody: 10:38pm On Sep 14, 2018
Temptee101:

Buterflyle0:

Read the letter again.

He is right. She admitted that the exemption document isn't genuine. She therefore presented a fake document.

Let us assume she is telling the truth that she does not know it is fake, since when has ignorance become a form of defence?

Best case scenario: charge her to court, convict her and let her be granted presidential pardon.

Den make she pack her kaya face UK de go.

432 Likes 32 Shares

Re: Kemi Adeosun's Resignation Letter (Full Text) by Napoleondegreat: 10:39pm On Sep 14, 2018
This is highly emotional. Well Kudos for having the courage to resign

274 Likes 14 Shares

Re: Kemi Adeosun's Resignation Letter (Full Text) by Buterflyle0: 10:41pm On Sep 14, 2018
faceURfront:

Why?

Because her explanation says it all. If he had read it and understood it, he would not be shouting arrest and prosecute like someone who struggles with assimilation

80 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Kemi Adeosun's Resignation Letter (Full Text) by seborrhic: 10:46pm On Sep 14, 2018
Story.
The only reason Kemi resigned is because she I'd a British citizen too and the forgery would have had an adverse effect on her when she travels back to Britain.It has nothing to do with this goverment.
She knows and must have been adviced that this government would last at most another 4years,of which she isn't sure of being in the cabinet again,but her long term future in the UK and her family could be jeopardized if she doesn't admit to the forgery, only that she should blame it on her naivety.
Please when will she be charged to court?

175 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Kemi Adeosun's Resignation Letter (Full Text) by ORIENTATION101: 10:48pm On Sep 14, 2018
I am bit emotional about the letter the crime was she was not born and bred in nigeria.
He got the lettter through trusted associates after coming back to nigeria at the age of 34 to settle down.

56 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Kemi Adeosun's Resignation Letter (Full Text) by Temptee101(m): 10:49pm On Sep 14, 2018
faceURfront:

He is right. She admitted that the exemption document isn't genuine. She therefore presented a fake document.

Let us assume she is telling the truth that she does not know it is fake, since when has ignorance become a form of defence?

Best case scenario: charge her to court, convict her and let her be granted presidential pardon.

Den make she pack her kaya face UK de go.
Exactly, guess it's time for our useless govt to react. This shouldn't be swept under the carpet, she's a criminal and should be treated as such

49 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Kemi Adeosun's Resignation Letter (Full Text) by rottennaija(m): 10:53pm On Sep 14, 2018
Temptee101:

Should we also cut her head and bring it to you?

91 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Kemi Adeosun's Resignation Letter (Full Text) by 3millionia: 10:56pm On Sep 14, 2018
grin
Re: Kemi Adeosun's Resignation Letter (Full Text) by Proffdada: 10:56pm On Sep 14, 2018
She bowed out of the corrupt and nepotistic government shocked

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kemi Adeosun's Resignation Letter (Full Text) by Racoon(m): 10:57pm On Sep 14, 2018
"..I have, today, become privy to the findings of the investigation into the allegation made in an online medium that the Certificate of Exemption from National Youth Service Corp (NYSC) that I had presented was not genuine. This has come as a shock to me and I believe that in line with this administration’ s focus on integrity, I must do the honourable thing and resign...

No apology to the Nigerian people? Kemi Adeosun should be arrested & trial according to Nigerian laws.
Meanwhile shame on Joe Igbokwe, Prof.Sagay,Femi Adeshina & the entire APC government for the ignoble role they all played while this scandal lasted.
They will forever go down in histroy & infamy as a regime that not only accepted corruption but annoyingly went ahead to legalized it.

117 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Kemi Adeosun's Resignation Letter (Full Text) by kerry57: 10:57pm On Sep 14, 2018
Good one. Though coming late. All our leaders should learn to resign when found wanting in any case. Commendable at least

25 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Kemi Adeosun's Resignation Letter (Full Text) by brixton: 10:57pm On Sep 14, 2018
Eya pele, I remember when the entire southwestern press descended on Stella Oduah... You see this life is a circle? Your messiah has appointed his sister to take over.

Tinubu can keep dreaming of 2023 presidency, lifeless Baba is unrepentant and don’t give a damn about the Yorubas simple as that.

47 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Kemi Adeosun's Resignation Letter (Full Text) by adecz: 10:57pm On Sep 14, 2018
undecided undecided
.Since when has ignorance
become an excuse in law??

After two months of coaching by her
lawyers & sponsors, see such yeye letter.

If we check your educational certificates now,
we may see some fakes too.

We local ppl got carried away by her
fake oyibo accent.

this woman don do us one chance..

Chaiii !! shocked shocked

Na she alone waka come??

53 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Kemi Adeosun's Resignation Letter (Full Text) by obailala(m): 10:57pm On Sep 14, 2018
seborrhic:
Story.
The only reason Kemi resigned is because she I'd a British citizen too and the forgery would have had an adverse effect on her when she travels back to Britain.It has nothing to do with this goverment.
She knows and must have been adviced that this government would last at most another 4years,of which she isn't sure of being in the cabinet again,but her long term future in the UK and her family could be jeopardized if she doesn't admit to the forgery, only that she should blame it on her naivety.
Please when will she be charged to court?
She would have absolutely no issue in the UK. Even here in Nigeria, the worst that can happen to her is what just happened; i.e. giving up her appointment.

People saying she should be charged to court, how exactly can it be proven that she intentionally used a fake nysc clearance?... Under the circumstances, the worst punishment for the offence is what has already happened.

30 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Kemi Adeosun's Resignation Letter (Full Text) by queensera(f): 10:58pm On Sep 14, 2018
kerry57:
Good one. Though coming late. All our leaders should learn to resign when found wanting in any case. Commendable at least

3 Likes

Re: Kemi Adeosun's Resignation Letter (Full Text) by Temptee101(m): 10:58pm On Sep 14, 2018
rottennaija:

Should we also cut her head and bring it to you?
Forget sentiment, we talking justice. If not, Evans should also be forgiven.

Crime is crime

74 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Kemi Adeosun's Resignation Letter (Full Text) by Bede2u(m): 10:58pm On Sep 14, 2018
ORIENTATION101:
idiot a close friend of mine was offered a fake admission in nssuka he got to know after spending 5 years in school .he almost commited sucide he was place on sucide watch for 2 years before he eventually got over it
so? How does it make the guy u quoted an idiiot?

29 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kemi Adeosun's Resignation Letter (Full Text) by chatom143: 10:59pm On Sep 14, 2018
In the journey of life, ignorance should never be an excuse. The people she trusted , betrayed her.

3 Likes

Re: Kemi Adeosun's Resignation Letter (Full Text) by OladapoMikky01(m): 10:59pm On Sep 14, 2018
Thanks oooo

1 Like

Re: Kemi Adeosun's Resignation Letter (Full Text) by martineverest(m): 11:00pm On Sep 14, 2018
madam is on recess,.....she will be cleared and reinstalled as minster after election

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kemi Adeosun's Resignation Letter (Full Text) by Lexusgs430: 11:00pm On Sep 14, 2018
This letter might be fake news.....

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

South-East Governors Ban IPOB Activities (Photos) / Soldier Edobor Celebrates His Birthday At The Battlefield / What Does The S/west Produce That Compares With The North?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.