Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,240 members, 7,839,264 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 03:57 PM

How Would You React To This If You Died And Made It To Heaven ? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How Would You React To This If You Died And Made It To Heaven ? (862 Views)

If You Died Today... Where Would You End Up? / Margaret Amure Died And Came Back To Life With A Message From Jesus Christ / If You Died, Why Should God Let You Into Heaven? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Would You React To This If You Died And Made It To Heaven ? by Igwe9(m): 9:55pm On Jul 04, 2010
yeah, as Christians, we all know that going to heaven or hell depends on the state of one's soul just before he/she dies.
Now, if i may ask, how would you react if you died and made it to heaven and saw some individuals in heaven?

secondly, what type of individuals would make you react like that? smiley

For me, I would feel cheated to see guys with more than one wife in heaven grin
Re: How Would You React To This If You Died And Made It To Heaven ? by Nobody: 10:24pm On Jul 04, 2010
imagine this for a minute: since anyone can repent and go to heaven then you might meet the arm robber who kidnapped and despoiled, the thief who stole or the craddle-robbers up there.
since it is said to forgive and forget then you might as well get used to the fact that heaven may be filled with "ex" criminal etc
Re: How Would You React To This If You Died And Made It To Heaven ? by Image123(m): 5:02am On Jul 05, 2010
All have sinned and come short of God's glory, yet God commended His love towards us while we WERE yet sinners. No one was born a saint, but thank Jesus we can live as saints with the purity and power of sons of God. Thank you Lord Jesus.
Re: How Would You React To This If You Died And Made It To Heaven ? by Joagbaje(m): 8:59am On Jul 05, 2010
Igwe.:

yeah, as Christians, we all know that going to heaven or hell depends on the state of one's soul just before he/she dies.
Now, if i may ask, how would you react if you died and made it to heaven and saw some individuals in heaven?

secondly, what type of individuals would make you react like that? smiley

For me, I would feel cheated to see guys with more than one wife in heaven grin

Polygamy is not a sin. So get ready to meet many polygamist like king David and solomon there. Besides in heaven ,there is so much purity that you wont have the ability to feel jealous of another person.
Re: How Would You React To This If You Died And Made It To Heaven ? by Igwe9(m): 10:38am On Jul 05, 2010
Joagbaje:

Polygamy is not a sin. So get ready to meet many polygamist like king David and solomon there. Besides in heaven ,there is so much purity that you wont have the ability to feel jealous of another person.

I know bro, though as a Christian you aren't suppose to marry more than one wife, but not withstanding it's still not an outright condemnation.
On the hand, my post ain't meant to discriminate or portray a self righteousness, but born out of imagination of which I know very well isn't gonna be , perhaps, the purity of the soul would be way over in control.
But just imagine [size=15pt]. . . . . . . [/size]. . . . . smiley
Re: How Would You React To This If You Died And Made It To Heaven ? by Joagbaje(m): 12:09pm On Jul 05, 2010
igwe

how did you achieve this is in your post

. . . . . . . . . . . .

i tried before it didnt work in bold
Re: How Would You React To This If You Died And Made It To Heaven ? by nopuqeater: 12:14pm On Jul 05, 2010
@Igwe: When you say heaven, you mean the place of happiness for Christians? I though all christians have 1 wife, each and no one has more than that, and obviously no one has a woman on the side among your men?

Whats the difference between Paradise and that type of Heaven? Please give us details and will you not prefer Paradise than a mere heaven, since ordinarily we believe there are 7 heavens, and only One Paradise. Correct me if am wrong but you must provide proofs.
Re: How Would You React To This If You Died And Made It To Heaven ? by PastorAIO: 12:22pm On Jul 05, 2010
Olabowale would know that a paradise simply means a walled garden. I have a paradise in my home in lagos. There are many paradises, Olabowale would know that, but I'm not sure that Noqueater knows that.
Re: How Would You React To This If You Died And Made It To Heaven ? by Igwe9(m): 1:04pm On Jul 05, 2010
Joagbaje:

igwe

how did you achieve this is in your post

. . . . . . . . . . . .

i tried before it didnt work in bold
you'd see it when you're quoting the carrier posts.

nopuqeater:

@Igwe: When you say heaven, you mean the place of happiness for Christians? I though all christians have 1 wife, each and no one has more than that, and obviously no one has a woman on the side among your men?

Yes, all Christians are suppose to have one wife but some go out of the Christian way to have more than one, but that isn't the only act that's against the Christian doctrine, innit?

My point is, we'd be more than happy to see our efforts amount to something at the last day, but would be somehow astounded to see some of the renown corrupt politicians also, meaning they were able to eat there cakes and have them.
nopuqeater:

Whats the difference between Paradise and that type of Heaven? Please give us details and will you not prefer Paradise than a mere heaven, since ordinarily we believe there are 7 heavens, and only One Paradise. Correct me if am wrong but you must provide proofs.

Pastor AIO:

Olabowale would know that a paradise simply means a walled garden. I have a paradise in my home in lagos. There are many paradises, Olabowale would know that, but I'm not sure that Noqueater knows that.
smiley
Re: How Would You React To This If You Died And Made It To Heaven ? by nopuqeater: 1:22pm On Jul 05, 2010
@Igwe
Quote from: Pastor AIO on Today at 12:22:13 PM
Is the above from Pastor AIO, your answer? Well, i will now answer both you and the pastor; Is your walled garden in lagos now the paradise that is equal to Christian heaven? or whats the difference, my primary question on the subject? so when you are in that walled garden, since you are a pastor, you are dead and in Christian heaven? How many times have you died, then, and what are you rewards in that heaven paradise? give us the discreption to see if it is what the christians are hoping for. Why will you go to heaven and come back to earth? Arent you better than Jesus the god of Christians by this ability of yours?

Now, many have tagged me as Olabowale. If I assumed to be him, then am doing something right here. Except that I am not, but we in Islam do have a common agenda, and we all look alike. So there ends the resembance. Pastor and Igwe as christians have not satisfied me on the issue of heaven and paradise from the eyes of the christians. Any taker? Whats the difference between Christian heaven and if they have paradise, paradise? Which one is the opposite of Hell/or what you call lake of fire? This is a job for pastor, and AIO did a poor rendition. Who is there going to follow you, if you cant even answer a simple question from a muslim about your religious beliefs?
Re: How Would You React To This If You Died And Made It To Heaven ? by nopuqeater: 1:29pm On Jul 05, 2010
@Igwe:
Quote from: nopuqeater on Today at 12:14:44 PM

Yes, all Christians are suppose to have one wife but some go out of the Christian way to have more than one, but that isn't the only act that's against the Christian doctrine, innit?

My point is, we'd be more than happy to see our efforts amount to something at the last day, but would be somehow astounded to see some of the renown corrupt politicians also, meaning they were able to eat there cakes and have them.
The bolded from me was about 1 wife. You answerd with the bolded about politician. I didnt ask you about politian. Though you seemed to have explain that some christians do have more than 1 ife, but you did not give me the impression that it will be enough to bar them from christian heaven. After all, Abraham, David, Solomon must be qualified to be in Christian heaven, though each had more than one wife?
Re: How Would You React To This If You Died And Made It To Heaven ? by Igwe9(m): 7:28pm On Jul 05, 2010
nopuqeater:

@IgweIs the above from Pastor AIO, your answer? Well, i will now answer both you and the pastor; Is your walled garden in lagos now the paradise that is equal to Christian heaven? or whats the difference, my primary question on the subject? so when you are in that walled garden, since you are a pastor, you are dead and in Christian heaven? How many times have you died, then, and what are you rewards in that heaven paradise? give us the discreption to see if it is what the christians are hoping for. Why will you go to heaven and come back to earth? Arent you better than Jesus the god of Christians by this ability of yours?

Now, many have tagged me as Olabowale. If I assumed to be him, then am doing something right here. Except that I am not, but we in Islam do have a common agenda, and we all look alike. So there ends the resembance. Pastor and Igwe as christians have not satisfied me on the issue of heaven and paradise from the eyes of the christians. Any taker? Whats the difference between Christian heaven and if they have paradise, paradise? Which one is the opposite of Hell/or what you call lake of fire? This is a job for pastor, and AIO did a poor rendition. Who is there going to follow you, if you cant even answer a simple question from a muslim about your religious beliefs?

I see nothing ambiguous in these two, literally speaking, paradise can be used to describe how ecstatic heaven is, while heaven is a place or condition of supreme happiness and peace where good people are believed to go after death, and, especially in Christianity, where God and the angels are believed to dwell .

nopuqeater:

@Igwe: The bolded from me was about 1 wife. You answerd with the bolded about politician. I didnt ask you about politian. Though you seemed to have explain that some christians do have more than 1 ife, but you did not give me the impression that it will be enough to bar them from christian heaven. After all, Abraham, David, Solomon must be qualified to be in Christian heaven, though each had more than one wife?

Lemme reiterate that this thread is not intended to condemn anybody but to air what our impression would be about the subject matter hence the use of politician in the second analogy.

seems, you're missing the comic side of the post. tongue
Re: How Would You React To This If You Died And Made It To Heaven ? by nopuqeater: 12:22am On Jul 06, 2010
@igwe: « #11 on: Yesterday at 07:28:34 PM »
[Quote[ I see nothing ambiguous in these two, literally speaking, paradise can be used to describe how ecstatic heaven is, while heaven is a place or condition of supreme happiness and peace where good people are believed to go after death, and, especially in Christianity, where God and the angels are believed to dwell
[/quote]is paradise christian heave, since we kno that there are 7 layers of heaven, one on top of the other enveloping which is below it. the first heaven envelopes all that is below it. Now where is your heaven or paradise in all of these?so as a christian there is a heaven above God and His Angels? Which level of heaven do they dwell? and what is the dwelling, a house or what? all of these you got to explain.

[Quote]Lemme reiterate that this thread is not intended to condemn anybody but to air what our impression would be about the subject matter hence the use of politician in the second analogy.
seems, you're missing the comic side of the post.
my conversation is not about politian or not, it is about heaven and paradise the differences or the similarities and the fact that some christians do have more than 1 wife. you have not answered the heaven and paradise issue, the reason i provide a road map so that you can answer some real issues about them. do that, because in fun truth must come out, however light the atmosphere is.
Re: How Would You React To This If You Died And Made It To Heaven ? by Igwe9(m): 12:29pm On Jul 06, 2010
Hey nopuqeater

Are you talking of sky or something? A little explanation will do
Re: How Would You React To This If You Died And Made It To Heaven ? by PastorAIO: 8:39am On Jul 07, 2010
My only concern is to inform you all on the real meaning of the word paradise since some of us are trying to make a distinction between heaven and paradise in a manner that has no basis at all.

Heaven is beyond the sky while paradise is a walled garden, or a walled enclosure. If one term is then used in a religious text to describe a place and the other term is used to describe the same place why should there be an argument once you realize what is going on. This is just sheer, pathetic, pointless pedantry.
paradise
late 12c., "Garden of Eden," from O.Fr. paradis, from L.L. paradisus, from Gk. paradeisos "park, paradise, Garden of Eden," from an Iranian source, cf. Avestan pairidaeza "enclosure, park" (Mod.Pers. and Arabic firdaus "garden, paradise"wink, compound of pairi- "around" + diz "to make, form (a wall)." The first element is cognate with Gk. peri- "around, about" (see peri-), the second is from PIE base *dheigh- "to form, build" (see dough). The Gk. word, originally used for an orchard or hunting park in Persia, was used in Septuagint to mean "Garden of Eden," and in New Testament translations of Luke xxiii.43 to mean "heaven" (a sense attested in Eng. from c.1200). Meaning "place like or compared to Paradise" is from c.1300.
Re: How Would You React To This If You Died And Made It To Heaven ? by makajibbz(m): 8:45am On Jul 07, 2010
I'll be hoping my loved ones are there with me!
Re: How Would You React To This If You Died And Made It To Heaven ? by makajibbz(m): 8:49am On Jul 07, 2010
MRbrownJAY:

imagine this for a minute: since anyone can repent and go to heaven then you might meet the arm robber who kidnapped and despoiled, the thief who stole or the craddle-robbers up there.
since it is said to forgive and forget then you might as well get used to the fact that heaven may be filled with "ex" criminal etc
of cos, who knows if ADOLF HITLER repented before he died, we might met him there.
who knows if mother teresa was a sinner in disguise, we might not find her there.
God is great!!!
Re: How Would You React To This If You Died And Made It To Heaven ? by nopuqeater: 10:00pm On Jul 07, 2010
@Igwe: #13 on: Yesterday at 12:29:39 PM »
Hey nopuqeater
i said 7 heaven. that must be different from sky. paradise, i want you to explain where it is in the heavens, also where is your God and His Angels living in one of them heavens? lol. a house or what shelter them?

@Pastor AIO' « #14 on: Today at 08:39:52 AM »
My only concern is to inform you all on the real meaning of the word paradise since some of us are trying to make a distinction between heaven and paradise in a manner that has no basis at all.
Pastor there are 7 layers of heavens. Which one is paradise or is each a paradise? Igwe said that God and His Angels live in heaven. So I asked, which heaven? Where is paradise, above Biblical God's abode in heaven or below it? Which heaven is paradise, please?

Heaven is beyond the sky while paradise is a walled garden, or a walled enclosure. If one term is then used in a religious text to describe a place and the other term is used to describe the same place why should there be an argument once you realize what is going on. This is just sheer, pathetic, pointless pedantry.
ridiculous! there are seven heavens. which one is that walled place you call paradise? please give us explanation[s].

paradise
late 12c., "Garden of Eden," from O.Fr. paradis, from L.L. paradisus, from Gk. paradeisos "park, paradise, Garden of Eden," from an Iranian source, cf. Avestan pairidaeza "enclosure, park" (Mod.Pers. and Arabic firdaus "garden, paradise"wink, compound of pairi- "around" + diz "to make, form (a wall)." The first element is cognate with Gk. peri- "around, about" (see peri-), the second is from PIE base *dheigh- "to form, build" (see dough). The Gk. word, originally used for an orchard or hunting park in Persia, was used in Septuagint to mean "Garden of Eden," and in New Testament translations of Luke xxiii.43 to mean "heaven" (a sense attested in Eng. from c.1200). Meaning "place like or compared to Paradise" is from c.1300.
the bolded is a level of paradise. Islamic paradise have many levels. Now tell me where the islamic paradise is? if you dont know it, then tell me where the christian paradise is, since you are a pastor? Let me know its location in relationship to 1st or 2nd , or 7th heaven. Where is Garden of Eden? was it a paradise? if it was, where was it located or where is it, as we dialogue? you should know it. What happened in Garden of Eden and where is it located; on earth (give specific location) or in heaven (which heaven) or above heavens?
Re: How Would You React To This If You Died And Made It To Heaven ? by nopuqeater: 10:00pm On Jul 07, 2010
@Igwe:  #13 on: Yesterday at 12:29:39 PM »  
Hey nopuqeater
i said 7 heaven. that must be different from sky. paradise, i want you to explain where it is in the heavens, also where is your God and His Angels living in one of them heavens? lol. a house or what shelter them?

@Pastor AIO' « #14 on: Today at 08:39:52 AM »  
Pastor there are 7 layers of heavens. Which one is paradise or is each a paradise? Igwe said that God and His Angels live in heaven. So I asked, which heaven? Where is paradise, above Biblical God's abode in heaven or below it? Which heaven is paradise, please?

Heaven is beyond the sky while paradise is a walled garden, or a walled enclosure.  If one term is then used in a religious text to describe a place and the other term is used to describe the same place why should there be an argument once you realize what is going on.  This is just sheer,  pathetic, pointless pedantry.
ridiculous! there are seven heavens. which one is that walled place you call paradise? please give us explanation[s].

paradise
the bolded is a level of paradise. Islamic paradise have many levels. Now tell me where the islamic paradise is? if you dont know it, then tell me where the christian paradise is, since you are a pastor? Let me know its location in relationship to 1st or 2nd , or 7th heaven. Where is Garden of Eden? was it a paradise? if it was, where was it located or where is it, as we dialogue? you should know it. What happened in Garden of Eden and where is it located; on earth (give specific location) or in heaven (which heaven) or above heavens?
Re: How Would You React To This If You Died And Made It To Heaven ? by nopuqeater: 12:34am On Jul 08, 2010
while the pastor is trying to indicate that Islamic paradise of the firdaus level is a walled up place in heaven, he forgets that the muslims consider all 7 levels of heavens as part of the "here now" creations/abodes, a class that all galaxies, planetary systems, etc and yes the earth that we live in belong.

proof: When the Messenger (AS) went into heavens in his night journey, he traversed all the 7 heavens, and when he finally reached the station of farthest lote, Malaika Jibril (AS) said to him "oh Muhammad, i can not pass beyond this point. You are invited by your Lord. So continue further to the destination as far as your Lord shall allow you (this is the essence of the conversation)."

Muhammad (AS) by Allah's Mercy as it is always on him continued on and arrived at a station he can go further, where he made Sajdah (prostration) and began to praise his Lord, Allah Azhawajal. This is the ocassion he was given the last 4 verses of Chapter 2, the number of daily salah, and the exchange of greetings between Muhammad and his Lord is now what we say in every sitting position the tashahuud of salah.

Does Islamic Paradise in the first heaven but below the second? No. Is it below the first heaven then but above the earth? No. Was there a paradise wjere Adam and Eve lived before they were ousted? Yes. Was it on earth in a middle eastern location or any other place on earth? No. Now, back to the paradise in heaven. Is the islamic paradise on 2nd, but below the 3rd acting as its roof? No. Is it in third with it as its floor and the 4th as its roof? No? what about 4th? No. What about 5th? No. What about 6th? no/ Now we are in the 7th, is it there? No. But in 7th you will see the house that is directly in the same location as the Kaaba in Makka, serving the same hajj function for the angels in heavens taking in 70,000 of them daily and no angel will repeat it again. Ibrahim's was seen by Muhammad (AS) leaning his back against its wall, and he was able to look at him and see that he looked so much like him, his father who bore Ismail, from whose 3nd son the blood line of Muhammad came.

Where then is Parsdise? Paradise is a creation above the 7th heaven. There are many types of paradise and each paradise has many levels within its own class. The messengers and prophets of God will occupy the highest level of the loftiest paradise, below the THRONE of the Almighty. How far down from its lowest part? No one knows. Yet Allah the Almighty is above His THRONE.

This will help you to know that Paradise though demarcated, it is not withing any heaven, but above the highest heaven which is the 7th heaven.
Re: How Would You React To This If You Died And Made It To Heaven ? by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 9:32am On Jul 08, 2010
y ( Re: How Would You React To This If You Died And Made It To Heaven ? )

, there'd be HELL to pay angry

(1) (Reply)

Does Belief In The Ancient Gods Still Exist? / On Christianity: Bribing For Beliefs: ? / Answering A Muslim Critic By Larry Rouse

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.