Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,643 members, 7,809,422 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:19 AM

On Christianity: Bribing For Beliefs: ? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / On Christianity: Bribing For Beliefs: ? (857 Views)

Shocking! Recorded Voice Tape of TB Joshua Bribing Journalists To tell Lies! / How Islam Improves On Christianity? / Interview With Joagbaje - His Perspective On Christianity (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

On Christianity: Bribing For Beliefs: ? by sriramanov: 5:51pm On Jul 10, 2011
Christianity is the most followed religion in the world. In almost, all countries there are believers of Christianity. British colonization may be the reason. And, there are Christian missionaries which intend to increase the net number of Christians by their own methods. One legal method of drawing people can be through valuable preaching which is hoped to in dominance than other methods.
Still, there are other subsidiary methods too. In India, there are people from all economic statuses. Many Christian churches and missionary run schools, hospitals, charity trusts, etc., which really helps a lot of people. But there a few Christian organizations that concentrate on dragging people into the religion by force or other means that are ethically doubtful.
There are more poor or lower middle class people in villages and other interior parts than elsewhere in the country. Certain religious missionaries,
read more by visiting the following link,
http://studiesinventory..com/2011/05/bribing-for-beleifs.html
Re: On Christianity: Bribing For Beliefs: ? by PAGAN9JA(m): 6:59pm On Jul 10, 2011
true. thats what missionaries do. angry angry  their methods are wrong. they provide free education, food aid, water, orphanages, etc and in return they ask for the poor to convert. this is what happened all over Asia and Africa. Infact this was the very mode which british missionaries used to convert the Dinka and Nuer tribals of South Sudan over the past 50 yrs.

take North-East India for example. 30-40 yrs bak it was filled with Pagan tribals. the missionaries then started giving small sums of money to the poor families in return for converting to christianity. now only 10% of the tribals are Pagan and the christianised tribals are now forming mobs and constantly raiding them. absolutely disgraceful.  angry angry
Re: On Christianity: Bribing For Beliefs: ? by sriramanov: 7:08pm On Jul 10, 2011
yes absolutely, People dont follow ethical values and they only want to gain themselves, read the full story in my blog mr.reader, thanks for your productive comment, http://studiesinventory..com/2011/05/bribing-for-beleifs.html
Re: On Christianity: Bribing For Beliefs: ? by Azibalua(f): 10:39pm On Jul 10, 2011
Whether free education is handed out or homes built for individuals,the gospel is being preached anyhow,but one can only become a Christian by confessing christ as lord and saviour.
Re: On Christianity: Bribing For Beliefs: ? by PAGAN9JA(m): 11:25pm On Jul 10, 2011
^^^ abeg stop this nonsense of confessing christ as lord and saviour. angry tongue im sick n tired of hearing this empty talk. u hav lost d riight to say such things after your "christ" cause so much strife & suffering. angry angry angry angry

if i ever see a vision of christ, ill pull him out of dat vision and re-nail him, not to a cross, but 2 my door.  angry tongue

sriramanov:

yes absolutely, People dont follow ethical values and they only want to gain themselves, read the full story in my blog mr.reader, thanks for your productive comment, http://studiesinventory..com/2011/05/bribing-for-beleifs.html

how about i just post d article here for all to see wink

Christianity is the most followed religion in the world. In almost, all countries there are believers of Christianity. British colonization may be the reason. And, there are Christian missionaries which intend to increase the net number of Christians by their own methods. One legal method of drawing people can be through valuable preaching which is hoped to in dominance than other methods.

Still, there are other subsidiary methods too. In India, there are people from all economic statuses. Many Christian churches and missionaries run schools, hospitals, charity trusts, etc., which really help a lot of people. But there are a few Christian organizations that concentrate on dragging people into the religion by force or other means that are ethically doubtful.
There are more poor or lower middle class people in villages and other interior parts than elsewhere in the country. Certain religious missionaries exploit the poverty of the people and try to deviate them towards Christianity. Those associations know well that the strongest driving force of these people is money. The people are literally given money or assured of their financial debts being cleared. The poor people, thrilled of getting money, join their organization or association, thereby joining Christianity. There also some religious institutions which assure people, a quality education for their children if they start following the religion. Other than money, the trustees provide with many other petty commodities like cycles, electronic appliances, etc., that are not affordable by the targeted group.
For the poor, what they give may be something very hard to earn on their own, which is not the case with the people in the so called charity Trusts. There rises a question from where these organizations get huge lumps of money. The answer is foreign donations. Many local religious organizations have ties with foreign churches or Trusts. Excessive donations given to the trusts are been used this way. As this is against the policies of government, everything takes place, say, under the table.
There are evidences and live proofs of people getting into Christianity from other religions all because of the goodness that they have gained after being preached by churches. But this way of getting into a religion doesn’t seem to be virtuous.
Re: On Christianity: Bribing For Beliefs: ? by sriramanov: 7:29pm On Jul 11, 2011
I thought of getting good comments in my blog so that my country men will know what you people think of the subject, You just ruined it by posting here, Still you can find more info in my blog, but thanks for your positive response,
Re: On Christianity: Bribing For Beliefs: ? by PAGAN9JA(m): 10:04pm On Jul 11, 2011
lol sorry about that. grin grin

i jus want it 2 reach evrywun. wink comments r unimportant aslong as more ppl r aware. wink
Re: On Christianity: Bribing For Beliefs: ? by sriramanov: 3:37am On Jul 12, 2011
Alright Pagan, no offenses, But thanks for your positive approach, Happy that atleast one person likes my article and wishes to show everyone,
Re: On Christianity: Bribing For Beliefs: ? by PAGAN9JA(m): 8:22am On Jul 12, 2011
, wink
Re: On Christianity: Bribing For Beliefs: ? by KunleOshob(m): 8:51am On Jul 12, 2011
@Poster
No bribe here, they are just showing love to the converts!
Re: On Christianity: Bribing For Beliefs: ? by Azibalua(f): 5:51am On Jul 13, 2011
@ pagan9ja
You are wrong to talk about what you don't know
Re: On Christianity: Bribing For Beliefs: ? by PAGAN9JA(m): 9:09am On Jul 13, 2011
@Azibalua, i noe everything. who r u to teach me angry

(1) (Reply)

What Does The Bible Say About The New World Order? / Shear Your Experience With Jesus Christ / How Much Xtianity Originated In Xtianity, How Much Originated In Judaism?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.