Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,758 members, 7,851,593 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 11:57 PM

Sowore And The Ile Ife Palace: A Shift In The Offing. (akin Rimson) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Sowore And The Ile Ife Palace: A Shift In The Offing. (akin Rimson) (403 Views)

How Moghalu, Sowore And Durotoye Performed At 2019 Presidential Election / Sowore And Banky W Meet (pictures) / Omoyele Sowore Tear-Gassed At Ooni Of Ife's Palace For Refusing To Prostrate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Sowore And The Ile Ife Palace: A Shift In The Offing. (akin Rimson) by Hoogee(m): 11:54am On Sep 16, 2018
SOWORE and the ILE IFE PALACE: A shift in the offing.

Opinions, suggestions, comments and ideas are rife. They are flying left, right and centre in respect of what transpired at the palace of the highly respected Ooni of Ife during the visit of the popular face of the youth presidential aspirant of the AFRICAN ACTION CONGRESS(AAC).

AS controversial as the matter is... we certainly can't shy away from discussing it as it indeed represent a mileage in our national discourse as a cultural people.

While a section of the populace sees it as a taboo to complain of maltreatment or debasement once a KING is involved, A section of the Nigerian people held on to the belief that we MUST all be answerable for our CORNER SPACE if truely Nigeria must succeed irrespective of our position of authority.

In all fairness,the position of a king is not only an epitome of cultural heritage but one that deserves the necessary respect.

Some says the respect for the thrones in Africa is "total and absolute without question asked and no answer provided" ...and that's where SOWORE went wrong for daring to ask questions as to why nobody attended to him and his "take it back team" for an incredible four hours.

How dare you to protest your perceived ill treatment?....we don't ask questions here....we accept all conditions as ditched out by the royal palace!....then the tear gas went off as a punishment for TEAM SOWORE just almost immediately they completed the symbolic prostration of greeting the KING.

Well,this is 21st century and no one is an arbiter of common Sense all alone....this is why the "Yoruba would say OMODE gbon, AGBA gbon ohun ni a fi da Ile Ife! " ...This literally translate that: Ile Ife ONLY SUCCEEDED in its trying Time because the wisdom of both YOUNG & OLD was tapped into! ....so, after all ...the YOUTHS ain't dumb as the current set of Nigerian elders who held our destinies by the jungular would have us believe.

In my so journey through the realities of our dying nation,I have had the opportunity of being at the Ooni's palace in my days as an undergraduate at the Obafemi Awolowo University located in that sprawling ancient city.

Although,this was in the era of the then OBA SIJUADE...but I want to believe that the protocols couldn't have changed so much such that the litany of work force/members of staff of the palace had no single person to attend to a presidential aspirant who wasn't there without the initial palace approval of his visit.

We all have our worries,the same way a die hard fan of the palace would feel that no one ask questions in the palace...so also will a non palace fan would want to know if the Ooni would dare keep Bola Tinubu for four hours without explanation... remember that Tinubu isn't even contesting, would the king also keep a contesting Atiku,Saraki,Buhari for four hours without an explanation... not even one from a palace guard?

Not all Nigerian believe in the palace politics and that's the truth because they would argue that the slave trade succeeded mostly because some KINGS were trade partners with the slave masters. While the AFRICAN KINGS were selling their subjects...the Europeans where buying...what has changed?.... nothing! Because fast forward to political era ...while Abacha/Obj/Tinubu/Ibori was willing to deposit our destinies...SWISS BANK is ever ready to ACCEPT.

All said and done,our opinions will always be biased depending on which angle you want to look at it from. But looking at it from OMOYELE SOWORE's angle....he had said he's not coming to play the conventional politics that we are all used to and those of us following him knew this already that's why we bought into it. He said that he was coming to play DISRUPTIVE POLITICS....a politics that ask questions and rejected all unfavorable conditions at ALL TIMES. A politics that answer questions and give explanation to all AT ALL TIMES.

So,if he had not deviated from his style of disruptive politics then there would be no need to crucify the ONLY REALISTIC presidential aspirant on board 2019.

I understand those who feel he is arrogant for never being scared to call out anyone,but then that's what you chose to see in that package of disruptive politics.

If you ask me and the millions of youths whose destinies has been tampered with by those in authorities...we will tell you that the REAL ARROGANCE is not in SOWORE...we will tell you that it is in
*A DAVID MARK who had all the privileges as an army general ...he didn't change Nigeria,he had all the privileges as a Senate president ...he didn't change Nigeria ...now he wants to be president in 2019 after supervising the kidnapping of our dreams and glories of Nigerians.
*The real arrogance is in a BUHARI who was the governor of the then North east,he was busy then promoting clannishness, illiteracy, religion fanaticism while his mates were promoting merit and education...the result is the current north east infested with Boko Haram,mass illiteracy,terrorism and a global roll of honor as the most backward place on Earth...the same thing he's currently repeating and yet he wants to be president in 2019!
*The real arrogance is found in Saraki who's father gave a befitting education as a former Senate leader ...even though his family supervised the looting of a whole bank to death,he wasn't satisfied but still went on as a two time governor and a Senate president....now he wants to be president in 2019....did he change Kwara state? ...the list is endless irrespective of their party. All Nigerian past and present rulers are the NATIONAL PROBLEM of NIGERIA.
The former governors are no exceptions.

But I can understand that our self esteems has been so battered that we no longer believe in our ability to say NO!.... it's now a culture to defend our oppressors!

You will see a grown up man with an M.SC saying what has SOWORE achieve in life to qualify him into presidency? ...yet he's quick to defend a present president whose only achievement outside government feeding bottle is 150pcs of sterile cows in the name of farming.

Insanity isn't far from everyone I meet on the street daily in Nigeria except something drastic is done.

Challenging the status quo is not a tea party,if Sowore isn't doing it well...you can better advise than condemn ...these are two different things, such words as,'he has lost my vote or my support on this palace disrespect' ....he has lost my vote/support because he seems arrogant becomes a condemnation rather than advise if truely you want a shift from this present and past criminals who cannot even manage ordinary TRAFFIC in and out of Apapa sea port talkless of generating a single megawatt. ...And in all honesty,have u ever been respected before? By who? ...the goal post had shifted for 58yrs ... that's why cattles are more important than you in 2019.so where's the respect? ....I beg park well.

If we don't take the country forcefully from the real arrogant goons...they would rather hand over to a foreign coach once they are Belle ful....

Remember that's not a novelty...we do it in football,they will one day say it's the next option ...we will only find one clean English to polish it so that it won't look recolonization.

Julius Malema of the EFF in South Africa didn't hide his character and mission and only those who want expropriation of land without compensation are on board because they believe that since the land was forcefully taken from the black south Africans by the invading whites...it should also be returned now WITHOUT compensating the white guys for loosing it.
Take it or leave it....this is the apt scenario between the Nigerian ruling class and her long suffering citizens. SOWORE is our own Julius Malema.

#God bless Nigeria
#I am Akin Rimson
#I am the talking pen.

3 Likes

Re: Sowore And The Ile Ife Palace: A Shift In The Offing. (akin Rimson) by jamjo: 4:34pm On Sep 16, 2018
Hoogee:
SOWORE and the ILE IFE PALACE: A shift in the offing.

Opinions, suggestions, comments and ideas are rife. They are flying left, right and centre in respect of what transpired at the palace of the highly respected Ooni of Ife during the visit of the popular face of the youth presidential aspirant of the AFRICAN ACTION CONGRESS(AAC).

AS controversial as the matter is... we certainly can't shy away from discussing it as it indeed represent a mileage in our national discourse as a cultural people.

While a section of the populace sees it as a taboo to complain of maltreatment or debasement once a KING is involved, A section of the Nigerian people held on to the belief that we MUST all be answerable for our CORNER SPACE if truely Nigeria must succeed irrespective of our position of authority.

In all fairness,the position of a king is not only an epitome of cultural heritage but one that deserves the necessary respect.

Some says the respect for the thrones in Africa is "total and absolute without question asked and no answer provided" ...and that's where SOWORE went wrong for daring to ask questions as to why nobody attended to him and his "take it back team" for an incredible four hours.

How dare you to protest your perceived ill treatment?....we don't ask questions here....we accept all conditions as ditched out by the royal palace!....then the tear gas went off as a punishment for TEAM SOWORE just almost immediately they completed the symbolic prostration of greeting the KING.

Well,this is 21st century and no one is an arbiter of common Sense all alone....this is why the "Yoruba would say OMODE gbon, AGBA gbon ohun ni a fi da Ile Ife! " ...This literally translate that: Ile Ife ONLY SUCCEEDED in its trying Time because the wisdom of both YOUNG & OLD was tapped into! ....so, after all ...the YOUTHS ain't dumb as the current set of Nigerian elders who held our destinies by the jungular would have us believe.

In my so journey through the realities of our dying nation,I have had the opportunity of being at the Ooni's palace in my days as an undergraduate at the Obafemi Awolowo University located in that sprawling ancient city.

Although,this was in the era of the then OBA SIJUADE...but I want to believe that the protocols couldn't have changed so much such that the litany of work force/members of staff of the palace had no single person to attend to a presidential aspirant who wasn't there without the initial palace approval of his visit.

We all have our worries,the same way a die hard fan of the palace would feel that no one ask questions in the palace...so also will a non palace fan would want to know if the Ooni would dare keep Bola Tinubu for four hours without explanation... remember that Tinubu isn't even contesting, would the king also keep a contesting Atiku,Saraki,Buhari for four hours without an explanation... not even one from a palace guard?

Not all Nigerian believe in the palace politics and that's the truth because they would argue that the slave trade succeeded mostly because some KINGS were trade partners with the slave masters. While the AFRICAN KINGS were selling their subjects...the Europeans where buying...what has changed?.... nothing! Because fast forward to political era ...while Abacha/Obj/Tinubu/Ibori was willing to deposit our destinies...SWISS BANK is ever ready to ACCEPT.

All said and done,our opinions will always be biased depending on which angle you want to look at it from. But looking at it from OMOYELE SOWORE's angle....he had said he's not coming to play the conventional politics that we are all used to and those of us following him knew this already that's why we bought into it. He said that he was coming to play DISRUPTIVE POLITICS....a politics that ask questions and rejected all unfavorable conditions at ALL TIMES. A politics that answer questions and give explanation to all AT ALL TIMES.

So,if he had not deviated from his style of disruptive politics then there would be no need to crucify the ONLY REALISTIC presidential aspirant on board 2019.

I understand those who feel he is arrogant for never being scared to call out anyone,but then that's what you chose to see in that package of disruptive politics.

If you ask me and the millions of youths whose destinies has been tampered with by those in authorities...we will tell you that the REAL ARROGANCE is not in SOWORE...we will tell you that it is in
*A DAVID MARK who had all the privileges as an army general ...he didn't change Nigeria,he had all the privileges as a Senate president ...he didn't change Nigeria ...now he wants to be president in 2019 after supervising the kidnapping of our dreams and glories of Nigerians.
*The real arrogance is in a BUHARI who was the governor of the then North east,he was busy then promoting clannishness, illiteracy, religion fanaticism while his mates were promoting merit and education...the result is the current north east infested with Boko Haram,mass illiteracy,terrorism and a global roll of honor as the most backward place on Earth...the same thing he's currently repeating and yet he wants to be president in 2019!
*The real arrogance is found in Saraki who's father gave a befitting education as a former Senate leader ...even though his family supervised the looting of a whole bank to death,he wasn't satisfied but still went on as a two time governor and a Senate president....now he wants to be president in 2019....did he change Kwara state? ...the list is endless irrespective of their party. All Nigerian past and present rulers are the NATIONAL PROBLEM of NIGERIA.
The former governors are no exceptions.

But I can understand that our self esteems has been so battered that we no longer believe in our ability to say NO!.... it's now a culture to defend our oppressors!

You will see a grown up man with an M.SC saying what has SOWORE achieve in life to qualify him into presidency? ...yet he's quick to defend a present president whose only achievement outside government feeding bottle is 150pcs of sterile cows in the name of farming.

Insanity isn't far from everyone I meet on the street daily in Nigeria except something drastic is done.

Challenging the status quo is not a tea party,if Sowore isn't doing it well...you can better advise than condemn ...these are two different things, such words as,'he has lost my vote or my support on this palace disrespect' ....he has lost my vote/support because he seems arrogant becomes a condemnation rather than advise if truely you want a shift from this present and past criminals who cannot even manage ordinary TRAFFIC in and out of Apapa sea port talkless of generating a single megawatt. ...And in all honesty,have u ever been respected before? By who? ...the goal post had shifted for 58yrs ... that's why cattles are more important than you in 2019.so where's the respect? ....I beg park well.

If we don't take the country forcefully from the real arrogant goons...they would rather hand over to a foreign coach once they are Belle ful....

Remember that's not a novelty...we do it in football,they will one day say it's the next option ...we will only find one clean English to polish it so that it won't look recolonization.

Julius Malema of the EFF in South Africa didn't hide his character and mission and only those who want expropriation of land without compensation are on board because they believe that since the land was forcefully taken from the black south Africans by the invading whites...it should also be returned now WITHOUT compensating the white guys for loosing it.
Take it or leave it....this is the apt scenario between the Nigerian ruling class and her long suffering citizens. SOWORE is our own Julius Malema.

#God bless Nigeria
#I am Akin Rimson
#I am the talking pen.

Thank you thank you as if you went into my innermost mind and extract my thought, you hit the nail on the head. I will also say the worst slavery that human will go through is mental slavery until our people recognize that, we as people are not going anywhere.

1 Like

Re: Sowore And The Ile Ife Palace: A Shift In The Offing. (akin Rimson) by sowore2019: 5:08pm On Sep 16, 2018
This is the best article on Nairaland

1 Like

Re: Sowore And The Ile Ife Palace: A Shift In The Offing. (akin Rimson) by lashout1: 5:33pm On Sep 16, 2018
A very rational piece.

In this part of the world, we are laddened in all issues; we forget what differentiates us from other animal (rationality).
Re: Sowore And The Ile Ife Palace: A Shift In The Offing. (akin Rimson) by ozaji: 5:45pm On Sep 16, 2018
Well said

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

APC Will Use Workers Vote To Win Osun Governorship Election - Chairman Of APC Na / 2019:with Sen Ahmed Makarfi As President Nigeria Is Secured / #osundecides2018: Omisore Accepts Defeat

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.