Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,793 members, 7,817,290 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:38 AM

Is Poverty A Sin - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is Poverty A Sin (797 Views)

Is Poverty Spiritual? Is There A Spiritual Undertone Or Force Behind Poverty? / Is Poverty Spiritual? / Pastor Arinze Okoli Mmaduabuchi: "Gay Is Not A Sin” (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Poverty A Sin by stonemasonn: 4:13pm On Sep 16, 2018
Some years back, A friend of mine told me poverty is a sin (according to his pastor). Till today I don’t know the origin of this doctrine. I know most of the Old Testament’s sages were wealthy, but I don’t know how it correlates to righteousness and sin, I don’t even think Jesus was bothered.

So believers in Christ...is poverty a sin?
Re: Is Poverty A Sin by Martinez19(m): 4:47pm On Sep 16, 2018
Is your friend rich? Besides, where, in the bible, is poverty a sin?
Re: Is Poverty A Sin by stonemasonn: 4:54pm On Sep 16, 2018
Martinez19:
Is your friend rich? Besides, where, in the bible, is poverty a sin?
?? Maybe winners chapel members can give us an answer.
Re: Is Poverty A Sin by eddy1977(m): 7:01pm On Sep 16, 2018
I wouldn't say that it is a sin. It's just a state that needs to be conquered.
Re: Is Poverty A Sin by xproducer: 7:45pm On Sep 16, 2018
stonemasonn:
Some years back, A friend of mine told me poverty is a sin (according to his pastor). Till today I don’t know the origin of this doctrine. I know most of the Old Testament’s sages were wealthy, but I don’t know how it correlates to righteousness and sin, I don’t even think Jesus was bothered.

So believers in Christ...is poverty a sin?
+++++++++++++++++++++++

@ stonemasonn: I see no indication in the Holy Bible that it is.

A few identifiable people in the Bible, whether actual or in parable, were poor; yet, there is every indication that they are beloved of GOD.

The poor Widow: "Then one poor widow came and threw in two [a]mites, which make a quadrans. 43 So He called His disciples to Himself and said to them, “Assuredly, I say to you that this poor widow has put in more than all those who have given to the treasury; 44 for they all put in out of their abundance, but she out of her poverty put in all that she had, her whole livelihood." - Mark 12:42-44

Lazarus and the rich Man: "[b]But there was a certain beggar named Lazarus, full of sores, who was laid at his gate, desiring to be fed with [a]the crumbs which fell from the rich man’s table
. Moreover the dogs came and licked his sores. So it was that the beggar died, and was carried by the angels to Abraham’s bosom. The rich man also died and was buried. And being in torments in Hades, he lifted up his eyes and saw Abraham afar off, and Lazarus in his bosom.

“Then he cried and said, ‘Father Abraham, have mercy on me, and send Lazarus that he may dip the tip of his finger in water and cool my tongue; for I am tormented in this flame.’ But Abraham said, ‘Son, remember that in your lifetime you received your good things, and likewise Lazarus evil things; but now he is comforted and you are tormented. And besides all this, between us and you there is a great gulf fixed, so that those who want to pass from here to you cannot, nor can those from there pass to us.’ - Luke 16:20-26

"For He will deliver the needy when he cries, The poor also, and him who has no helper." - Psalm 72:12

(1) (Reply)

How Evil Men's Families End In My Village... Karma Is Real!!! / No One Was Born A Sinner / What Does This Dream Mean?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.