Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,225 members, 7,836,098 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 08:46 PM

Emmanuel Okoli - Literature (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Emmanuel Okoli (23962 Views)

The Dog Attendant (T. D. A) [COUNTLESS Part 2]. A story By Darousmart Emmanuel. / Clovin - The Secret Of The Journey. By Palmer Emmanuel / The School Of Money By Olumide Emmanuel (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Emmanuel Okoli by moseph(f): 12:39pm On Mar 01, 2019
yipee,welcome back flow1759
Re: Emmanuel Okoli by flow1759: 12:46pm On Mar 01, 2019
June 23rd 2017, it was a Friday.

And it was my birthday.

Emmanuel’s body was to be laid to rest in Dunukofia.

I was on black turtle neck and jean wishing this black Friday never came.

With tears rolling down my eyes and a pistol tucked into my inner wear i was thinking deep.

I was really thinking.

9am and alcoholic drinks were flying up and down.

“Why people go dey drink for person burial?” I thought to myself.

In my burial no body should share alcoholic drink, no food, no canopy, no chair; everybody stand. I will make sure that it is done.
But would I be alive to make sure it happens?

The dead don’t act.

“Flow make we go follow those boys share drinks na” Snow tapped me.
He cared more of sharing drinking in the funeral of his friend while the killers are going about freely.

I prayed Diva’s plan works out.

My phone rang, it was Diva.

“Babe! Where are you……………… Golden gate hotel, okay I will be there right on time!” I snitched to receive the call.

“why this girl say make I come na, 10 O’clock never nak na!” I wondered.

The gun on me was affecting my walking step, I wasn’t comfortable, yet I managed, if that was the burden I would bear to bring to book the killer’s of Emmanuel Okoli.

Dunukofia Local Government is indeed a beautiful mini-town, the reek of palm wine here and there, the zooming of motorbikes, the moody soil, the gigantic trees, Millipede crawling almost to one’s mouth, the high rise buildings, at busy junctions it feels like my pocket have been picked.

“why my money?” I asked an innocent bike man “I don loss money!”

“Money! No be your money dey your hand!” I was losing it.

Was it the gun.

“Abeg carry me go Golden gate hotel, how much?”

“Thlee Hundled Naila” He said.

The bike had zoomed off when I started feeling my heart beat Fifty times per second just like in 2015.

In 2015 my heart beat Sixty times before I was pushed out of a moving bus by the bus conductor all because I couldn’t pay complete fare.

That was when I was hungrily job hunting and wore one shoe for Five years.

“You glee for the Thlee Hundled Naila wey I ter you” The bike man reminded me.

“Yes I gree” Lest I am pushed off the bike.

“we don dey reach abi” I needed the bike to increase speed and get to Golden gate hotel so I and Diva will start executing the golden plan.
“Yes, we go soon reach!”

“Oboy oooh!” The bike man exclaimed.
“Wetin be that?”

“Look na!” He motioned, “see traffic for front!”

“Traffic! Ehn no wahala na, you go maneuver am”
“No no, this one no be to maneuver am ooh, uwe ojii people dey stop bike dey search people wey carry Anuru oh!”

“But you no carry Anuru na, abi you carry?” I was curious.
“I no carry ooh, abi you carry?” The bike man asked.

“I no carry ooh, I resemble person wey dey smoke?”
I wasn’t carrying Indian hemp, but I carried Chicken lap.

I was dead.

1 Like

Re: Emmanuel Okoli by flow1759: 12:46pm On Mar 01, 2019
moseph:
yipee,welcome back flow1759

Yeah i am back. Next level
Re: Emmanuel Okoli by swiz123(m): 12:57pm On Mar 01, 2019
Welcome back bro
Re: Emmanuel Okoli by flow1759: 1:28pm On Mar 01, 2019
swiz123:
Welcome back bro

Thank you.
Re: Emmanuel Okoli by flow1759: 2:50pm On Mar 01, 2019
“Stop!! Come down for search!” One dark Police officer wasn’t smile at all.

“Come down na! abi you carry igboh!” The bike man ordered.

“Me! Igboh? I no carry Igboh Ooh! I carry…………….” Urine was everywhere.

“You carry wetin?” The Police officer yelled.

“i……. i…… i…….. I carry Ga…… Ga…… Gar…… Garri” I stammered.

“Where the garri?” The Police officer’s voice sent cold shivers down my spine.

“See…See…See the garri here!” I brought out the quarter sack measure of garri.

“You sure say na Garri be this?” He asked.

“Na Garri na, na……na………… na.... Ita…... Ita……” I almost said Italian garri “Na…. na…. Itagbolo garri” How on earth i altered such rubbish, i wondered.

“Why the Garri com wet?” The officer asked.

“Naso e be, na cooked garri” My brain was shaking.

“Oga officer no vex, the guy buy this garri for that market small rain fall for the garri nahim make e wet small”

“Rain fall for your trouser too abi?” The Officer noticed heavy irrigation in my lower frame.

“No na water, I drink pure water e com pour me for body!”

“Una sure say Igboh no dey inside this garri?” The officer said as we zoomed off.
“No officer, nothing dey inside ooh!” My heartbeat dropped.

“Chairman person wey dem catch with bad thing like gun, wetin them go do am?” I needed to know.
“Ahhhhh, them go arrest you ooh, them fit shoot you first before them go arrest your dead body”

“God forbid bad thing! No be me them shoot!”

Yet again I was save by the bell.

Thank God the officer did not search inside the sack of garri.

Thank God.

Carrying a sack of garri containing pistol I entered Golden gate hotel seeing nothing golden about the hotel but the lips of the receptionist.

“Sir you can’t carry that into the hotel room!” The beautiful receptionist said.

“I am not going into the room to cook ooh, I just want to see my friend Juliet, she is in room 12”

“Sir you can see her, but I will not allow you enter the room with the sack” The receptionist reminded.

“But the sack contains garri I just brought front my village in Dunukofia!”

“You know what, I will help you call Miss Juliet while I keep this sack here” She gesture the security man to carry the sack.

After the call ended she said; “Miss Juliet will be coming to meet you here, when you are leaving the hotel you will leave with the sack!”

Juliet cat walked towards me with a very beautifully short mini skirt that was when I noticed the air conditioning in the reception had drained the irrigation on my trouser.

“Hi Flow babe!” She held my hand, “You came right on time”

“I know!”

“Come let us go to the room, I have something to show you before we execute our plan”

My volcano had erected and I was wishing we were heading to the room for sex.

“Diva! Always beautiful, her skin na gold!” I said to myself as I walked behind her, “Diva even na one round you go give me before we start anything ooh!”

She opened the door and I was shocked at who I saw seated on the bed.

“Bayo! Bayo!” I was about to flee.

“If you move, you will be a goner!!” My body moved but my legs were stiff.

The door was shot by two hefty men standing by my side, then one hit me hard on the head with the gun he held followed by a punch to my stomach that sent me sitting on the floor.

“Collect his gun from him!” How did Bayo know I was coming with a gun.

“Handcuff him!” Diva commanded one of the huge men.
Re: Emmanuel Okoli by moseph(f): 3:07pm On Mar 01, 2019
chei na wa o,one day one trouble.
Re: Emmanuel Okoli by skubido(m): 9:29pm On Mar 02, 2019
Hmmmmmm
Re: Emmanuel Okoli by Aphroditee(f): 9:44pm On Mar 02, 2019
flow1759:
Next morning Snow called me telling me to make sure I made it to his father’s internment later that day. I told him I would love to but that the police ordered I shouldn’t leave town.

“Why na?” He asked

I informed him of the recent development in Alaska. The death of Emma shocked him, but when I told him the police was in search of him as one of Emma’s friends, I sensed Chicken-livered Snow froze from the other end of the call.

Two sets of people never to forget in the journey of life; Those that make you cry, those that cry with you, and those that wipe away your tears.
To me Emmanuel Okoli have all three attributes.

Monday 13th March, 2017.

I had quit my job at the filling station because I was told Mike Lawson after acquiring the filling station retrenched all the workers.

My boutique was close down.

I was jobless.

The Police kept their eyes on me.

I was lonely.

The street was cold.

OK republic was bushy.

1759 lost its splendor

St. Peter's Basilica looked shanty to me.

Something was missing - my friends!

I was losing it.

How can Chinwe be this wicked? She and her husband are what I would call modern day ritualist first edition.

But how did the video get to Emma? I thought he was done with Chinwe?

All these questions I promised I will get answers to.

I put on my shabby clothe and hit the road with my rickety shoes to go feed my friends in the station the stale food i prepared the previous night.

Walking along East-west road I saw Mike Lawson's Cadillac escalade negotiated a turn close to Choba Police station. Ooh how I so admired that car, but there was more to the car; the persons it contained.

Bayo and Mike Lawson! Inspector Bayo!

I halt abruptly to see what was next. The Cadillac was still steaming at the Police Station car park for about ten minutes before Bayo stepped out of the car smiling broadly holding a bag.

Why? Inspector why?

aphroditee

I stood for a while thinking of how Mike Lawson Chinwe’s husband have become stupendously rich within a space of One year; richer than his father in-law Henry Okonkwo who is a known drug baron.

Mike Lawson owned Two filling stations, Two Night clubs, One Hotel, A shopping mall, A bakery and a greater share in Grandprix oil.

This same Mike Lawson killed my friend I was sure.

I hide myself from Bayo’s sight yet he turned and waved at me as he entered the station’s premises.

Ooh how I wished he saw me not.

Re: Emmanuel Okoli by Nobody: 11:18pm On Mar 02, 2019
Well done Flow1759
Re: Emmanuel Okoli by ChemicalReaction(f): 11:44am On Mar 03, 2019
Flow, with all you've been through ehn.. Ah no sure say human being fit kill you for dis life.
Re: Emmanuel Okoli by ologuntheo(m): 6:37pm On Mar 07, 2019
pls where is flow!
Re: Emmanuel Okoli by Doubra12(m): 10:45am On Apr 20, 2019
Flow baba,abeg update
Re: Emmanuel Okoli by SUCKCESSFUL: 7:53pm On Jul 11, 2019
Flow Where Ya At?

1 Like

Re: Emmanuel Okoli by Doubra12(m): 8:00pm On Jul 13, 2019
flowery abeg update na
Re: Emmanuel Okoli by Doubra12(m): 6:16pm On Dec 28, 2019
Flow come back
Re: Emmanuel Okoli by Nice202: 7:11pm On Sep 07, 2020
@flow1759
Come finish waiting u start ooo
Re: Emmanuel Okoli by WAACUT(m): 6:02pm On Mar 01, 2022
Flowwwwwwww
Re: Emmanuel Okoli by Kentuforchrist(m): 9:16pm On Jun 23, 2022
Flow where’s u dea
Re: Emmanuel Okoli by 4kizo(m): 7:49pm On Sep 10, 2022
Flow1759!!!!!!

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

The Deadly Seduction (A Steamy Romance) / The Coffin Of Errors (Short Story) / You Don't Wanna Know

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.