Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,266 members, 7,815,438 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:26 PM

My Ideal Birthday Gift - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / My Ideal Birthday Gift (223 Views)

No Birthday Gift, Advert For Me, Gov Oyebanji Tells Friends, Associates / TY Danjuma's 83rd Birthday Gift To Guests (Video, Photos) / Mojisola Alli-Macauley Used CA-COVID Palliatives As Birthday Gift - Youths (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

My Ideal Birthday Gift by monkautos(m): 7:54am On Sep 18, 2018
Today like every other September 18th is my birthday, i am so much in a dilemma because I don't know if I should be excited or sad. When I look back at what I have beenable to achieve all these years, I feel like I should be proud of myself but then again looking at the future I am somewhat nervous of how the future holds for me most expecially considering the fact that I am a Nigerian. The gloomy political atmosphere, the bleak economic projections and the rising poorverty rates are some of the few reasons that increases my frustration in the Nigerian dream. This saddens my heart because all definitely does not look well, and I ask myself these questions. Is this what my children will face in the future? will they be able to attend quality schools? will they be allowed to make a difference in the society without asking them to join one secret group or another? How will they improve their economic situation?

In a country with so much human and natural resources, the situation we find ourself in today is totally unacceptable and it is up to us to rise to the challenges or just be docile and accept our fate. For me, I naturally cannot be docile, I will keep using the smallest possible avenue to preach about the Nigeria dream, because I know that a day will come when posterity will judge us all. It is high time we accessed our lives and make firm declarations on how we choose to live. If not, the shenanigans of this ludicrous charade will catch up with us sooner than we expect.

It is imperative for us to be committed in fighting for the future of our dear country and shun all our lackadaisical attitudes towards Nigeria. Otherwise one day we might wake up and discover that we no longer have a country of our own.
#saynototribalism #saynotoincompetence #saynotonepotism #saynototerrorism

Eze Nnaemeka Joachim
emmyjoach@gmail.com

(1) (Reply)

“I Have The Formula To Help PDP Win Lagos”- Saraki / Recurrence Of Flood And The Need For Government Proactiveness / Youths' Group Reject Inec's Cellphone Ban, High Cost Of Party

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.