Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,576 members, 7,837,176 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 06:17 PM

Before The Next Big Brother Naija - TV/Movies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Before The Next Big Brother Naija (23025 Views)

Big Brother Naija 2018: Ex-Housemates To Return For Reunion Show / "I Would Go Nude For N45million" - Big Brother Naija 2018 Prospective Housemate / Big Brother Naija 2018 Audition Overcrowded. Lady's Wig Yanked Off (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Before The Next Big Brother Naija by excomarow(m): 10:43am On Sep 26, 2018
Re: Before The Next Big Brother Naija by Groovenaija360(m): 10:45am On Sep 26, 2018
cheesy
Re: Before The Next Big Brother Naija by Nobody: 10:48am On Sep 26, 2018
BigSarah:
grin

Where's the venue For Audition, Make me sef go show my bweast tongue

I have a message from da Lord to thee, Repent for Kingdom of heaven is at hand cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Before The Next Big Brother Naija by BetWinners(m): 10:48am On Sep 26, 2018
COOL10:
All this epistle just for Big Brother grin undecided. Mtcheww
I am not surprised.The man is clearly a self loathing black person.People like him create a negative spin to everything black people achieve.He even referred to Iranians as Arabs when they are Persians.Arabs innovate nothing.Their wealth comes from the oil in their soil which has led to corruption on steroids in their region

3 Likes

Re: Before The Next Big Brother Naija by teelaw4life(m): 10:49am On Sep 26, 2018
To every one shouting Big brother naija. This article is not about big brother naija. He merely used that as bait.
The writer's point is that priority needs to be set aright if we are to elevate our status amongst nations and be taken seriously.
More focus on technological and scientific explorations and achievements than entertainment showpieces that do not benefit the nation in the long run.
However, the writer fails to acknowledge the deep structural problem without which scientific and technological advancement cannot be driven. Education. Substandard and archaic educational system of practice is the bane of Nigeria's progress. Our educational system does not encourage critical thinking. It does not encourage research. There are other factors but, education is the major one.

1 Like

Re: Before The Next Big Brother Naija by FitnessHomme: 10:51am On Sep 26, 2018
Re: Before The Next Big Brother Naija by omusiliyu(m): 10:52am On Sep 26, 2018
BigSarah:
grin

The one you show for your dp never do you abi
Re: Before The Next Big Brother Naija by Nobody: 11:01am On Sep 26, 2018
Nistfrank:
when the trumpet will sound, the angel will position it towards Nigeria so that nobody will say I didn't hear it o especially these our yeye politicians, ndi ara

Quit this foolishness. No trumpet has sounded or will ever sound anywhere. Break yourself free of religion and mental slavery. Get serious or get trampled upon!

5 Likes

Re: Before The Next Big Brother Naija by BetWinners(m): 11:04am On Sep 26, 2018
teelaw4life:
To every one shouting Big brother naija. This article is not about big brother naija. He merely used that as bait.
The writer's point is that priority needs to be set aright if we are to elevate our status amongst nations and be taken seriously.
More focus on technological and scientific explorations and achievements than entertainment showpieces that do not benefit the nation in the long run.
However, the writer fails to acknowledge the deep structural problem without which scientific and technological advancement cannot be driven. Education. Substandard and archaic educational system of practice is the bane of Nigeria's progress. Our educational system does not encourage critical thinking. It does not encourage research. There are other factors but, education is the major one.
This isn't only an education issue.It is also a generational one.For example,in the UK,there are discussions like this about the massive popularity of the show Love Island among the youths.In the mid 90s in Nigeria,it was the soap opera, The rich also cry.Big Brother Naija popularity will surely wane in the near future.Then another show will replace it and then the older generation will complain about how our future is bleak because of it and so on and so forth.IThe circle of life

1 Like

Re: Before The Next Big Brother Naija by tiredoflife(m): 11:04am On Sep 26, 2018
abumoney:
Biko, leave all these English. If those who went to school are been paid #30, 000 by your clueless government under the Npower scheme, and he sees where he could make millions just by relaxing in a house, what is it you're even saying. Don't just let me tel thunder to Coman strike you there. Tell your government to provide jobs for the unemployed graduates, and stop talking nonsense about those who decided to empower us through entertainment.

Its nor the government position to create jobs
The environment should be made good enough to attract investors or for the citizens to think out solutions
Once that is done
There will be jobs

Besides what's with this no let me send thunder talk
Its like the new norm
If u want to sound intelligent
I will advice u cut that vocabulary off ur language

2 Likes

Re: Before The Next Big Brother Naija by BetWinners(m): 11:07am On Sep 26, 2018
BandAid:

Quit this foolishness. No trumpet has sounded or will ever sound anywhere. Break yourself free of religion and mental slavery. Get serious or get trampled upon!
grin grin
Re: Before The Next Big Brother Naija by Culin(f): 11:08am On Sep 26, 2018
Nice article. But no matter the shift or change in education or culture, the black race will never be tech inclined. We are too lazy, not wanting to think too much or work too much. We just want to reap the benefits of working hard while we put God in charge of doing the hard work. The youths are so lazy that they're stuck to their phone screens all day looking for any kind of entertainment to make them forget the real world. You can't blame show organisers for not incorporating tech activities into their shows or auditions. How many nigerians know or are interested in technological innovations? Those shows will run at a loss. There are lots of maths and science competitions and exihibitions sponsored by both private organizations and the government that are aired on tv, how many of them get the hype, social media attention or even participants rush? You can't blame international investors for wanting to invest in the most lucrative business around. No such thing as a conspiracy.

2 Likes

Re: Before The Next Big Brother Naija by BetWinners(m): 11:08am On Sep 26, 2018
tiredoflife:

Its nor the government position to create jobs
The environment should be made good enough to attract investors or for the citizens to think out solutions
Once that is done
There will be jobs

Besides what's with this no let me send thunder talk
Its like the new norm
If u want to sound intelligent
I will advice u cut that vocabulary off ur language
grin grin
Re: Before The Next Big Brother Naija by BetWinners(m): 11:14am On Sep 26, 2018
Culin:
Nice article. But no matter the shift or change in education or culture, the black race will never be tech inclined. We are too lazy, not wanting to think too much or work too much. We just want to reap the benefits of working hard while we put God in charge of doing the hard work. The youths are so lazy that they're stuck to their phone screens all day looking for any kind of entertainment to make them forget the real world. You can't blame show organisers for not incorporating tech activities into their shows or auditions. How many nigerians know or are interested in technological innovations? Those shows will run at a loss. There are lots of maths and science competitions and exihibitions sponsored by both private organizations and the government that are aired on tv, how many of them get the hype, social media attention or even participants rush? You can't blame international investors for wanting to invest in the most lucrative business around. No such thing as a conspiracy.

This is entirely part of the disadvantages of capitalism

This is what becomes of a capitalists government and its not restricted to here. in the US millions are being paid by sponsors for Keeping up with the Katrashians but educational programmes are suffering from lack of funding

Footballers are paid £300,000 per week while the chef and medics of the same club can barely get by

its easy to bring it down to god cuz we're too religious but capitalism is at the root of everything, it corrupts the more it goes on as it rewards talent, laziness and cheats more than it does hardworking people. Popularity and money comes first, Banks wouldn't give endorsement deals to best graduating student but would gladly give musicians that sing corrupt songs, why? when you find out why you'd understand

2 Likes

Re: Before The Next Big Brother Naija by Tenn88: 11:15am On Sep 26, 2018
I'm glad that there are still people who are able to reason well.
May God bless you
Re: Before The Next Big Brother Naija by ICAMETOWIN(m): 11:17am On Sep 26, 2018
The situation in the country has made the youth lose hope in Nigeria, rampant corruption and nepotism has dampened the spirits of even the most enthusiastic of believers in this country.
It's now every man for himself but as the writer pointed out, blaming the West for our continued woes doesn't stick anymore because even the Asians at some point decided enough was enough and took their destiny in their hands (albeit with the reluctant help of the west) and look where they are today!
The black man has yet to decide to take his destiny in his own hands and when you take responsibility for your life, you inevitably succeed.(just ask the whites who braved the unknown seas to trade in spices and slaves and everything inbetween)
Africans are too timid, we're never curious about how stuff work and thus passivity has rubbed off on all the areas of our lives and it's pathetic but we'll rise someday.

2 Likes

Re: Before The Next Big Brother Naija by Tenn88: 11:18am On Sep 26, 2018
skentelelady:
Please let stop blaming the government for everything.

Has an individual thought of what he can do for his country? Why can the youth write proposals to all these corporate organisations to sponsor reasonable events? Or develop yourself and let big organisations sponsor your projects

Go to Asia, Europe, US etc, youths are developing themselves to make their country great. This will enable their government to step in and help in that field.

We can just lay low in our closets and expect things to happen. Change will always begin with you, an individual.

I just imagine what this generation will turn the country to in the next year's when I read some comments and see some posts even on this nairaland

No good morals, no good values to inject in the society

This will make the old men in power to continue to take the youths for granted.
I'm glad there are people who can reason like this.
God bless you
God bless Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Before The Next Big Brother Naija by Bintuenyo: 11:18am On Sep 26, 2018
una think sey I go read

1 Like

Re: Before The Next Big Brother Naija by Nobody: 11:23am On Sep 26, 2018
BigSarah:
grin

shey ur breast big and get enough milk? if yes come and show on TV and if no keep it for ur boyfriend
Re: Before The Next Big Brother Naija by COOL10(m): 11:27am On Sep 26, 2018
BetWinners:

I am not surprised.The man is clearly a self loathing black person.People like him create a negative spin to everything black people achieve.He even referred to Iranians as Arabs when they are Persians.Arabs innovate nothing.Their wealth comes from the oil in their soil which has led to corruption on steroids in their region
. I didn't even bother reading the whole thing cos it would have been a waste of my time. I got so many priorities in my life and questioning the motives and importance of BBN definitely isn't one of them. Like it or not,BBN has improved the lives of it's so many contestants in so many ways that even our so called government cant boast of. Leave matter for Mathias jare undecided

2 Likes

Re: Before The Next Big Brother Naija by webizone(m): 11:28am On Sep 26, 2018
BigSarah:
grin

Sarah O D, I'mma tell ur people, right after I finish crushing on you. undecided
Re: Before The Next Big Brother Naija by Gerrard59(m): 11:33am On Sep 26, 2018
Digitalwitch:
We value certificate more than experience and technical skills. With all the intellectual competitions organized by many organizations, nothing has changed. Big brother is a business strategy used by the organizers to make money

Unfortunately, the vast majority don't know this. You cannot dictate to private individuals HOW to spend their money.

2 Likes

Re: Before The Next Big Brother Naija by deleo16(m): 11:37am On Sep 26, 2018
It's a matter of time if nudity is accept on live expect homosexuality and co in 10 years to come
Re: Before The Next Big Brother Naija by deleo16(m): 11:37am On Sep 26, 2018
It's a matter of time if nudity is accept on live TV expect homosexuality and co in years to come

Re: Before The Next Big Brother Naija by babasolution: 11:42am On Sep 26, 2018
BetWinners:

forget about what he said about iranians or arabs,what is the blackman doing? the answer is nothing.we dont need to compare ourselves but improve ourselves
Re: Before The Next Big Brother Naija by naturefellow(m): 11:45am On Sep 26, 2018
abumoney:
... to empower us through entertainment.
please expatiate!
Re: Before The Next Big Brother Naija by Nobody: 11:46am On Sep 26, 2018
Nistfrank:
Nigerians prefer nudity to dignity
Who dignity epp grin grin
Re: Before The Next Big Brother Naija by babasolution: 11:46am On Sep 26, 2018
Culin:

its a lie,there are many hidden nigerians who love technological innovations and science,many entertainment guys are core science guys,but because there is no outlet for science expression they give up and embrace entertainment.IF there is an outlet i bet you,the culture will change
Re: Before The Next Big Brother Naija by BetWinners(m): 11:52am On Sep 26, 2018
babasolution:

forget about what he said about iranians or arabs,what is the blackman doing? the answer is nothing.we dont need to compare ourselves but improve ourselves
The Blackman has made and is still making a lot of positive strides.Unfortunately,any positive stride the blackman makes is given a negative connotation by other self loathing black people.For example,the writer talked about Africans drowning in the Mediterranean sea trying to get to Europe.What about the hundreds of thousands even millions of Syrians that have made a similar journey?What about the millions of south and central Americans that have made and are still making thesame journey to the USA?If Venezuela were to be an African nation,we would never hear the end of how the blackman is a perpetual "failure" from all quarters
Re: Before The Next Big Brother Naija by ebrochukwu(m): 11:56am On Sep 26, 2018
Re: Before The Next Big Brother Naija by delkuf(m): 12:01pm On Sep 26, 2018
BigSarah:
grin

It's clearly a joke quit quoting horrny bastardds angry
you don dey show for nl already, so no need for to go big brother

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

BBNaija: Innoson To Sponsor The 2019 Edition Of Big Brother Naija / #bbnaija: Nina Says Love Has Made Her Lose Focus On The 45M Grand Prize / Kunle Afolayan Visits The Big Brother House

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.