Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,269 members, 7,836,213 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 11:18 PM

Who Is Lying, Yakassai Or Nwosu? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Who Is Lying, Yakassai Or Nwosu? (728 Views)

Tanko Yakassai: Why Tinubu Will Perform Better Than Buhari As President / Yakassai: I Knew Buhari Can’t Fix Any Of Nigeria’s Problems / Ministerial List: A Mockery of Buhari's Anti-Corruption war - Yakassai (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Who Is Lying, Yakassai Or Nwosu? by BabaRamota1980: 4:11am On Sep 19, 2018
ABUJA-Former Minister of Health, Professor ABC Nwosu has vehemently refuted the claims by an elder statesman, Alhaji Tanko Yakassai that uninformed Igbo were championing the cause of restructuring which he ( Yakassai) referred to as a Yoruba agenda.

Nwosu who is one of the Igbo leaders from south east said he was surprised to read a person in the mould of Yakassai make such a fallacious submission.

He said that Yakassai was utterly wrong in his assertion, saying that restructuring though firstly proposed by the Igbo people has now become a national agenda. Recall that the northern leader had on Monday opined that uninformed Igbo were championing the cause of restructuring referring it as a Yoruba agenda. But in his reaction to the development, Nwosu who spoke exclusively to Vanguard on Tuesday said that it was at the 1994 Abacha Conference that Igbo leaders comprising the former Vice President, late Dr. Alex Ekwueme, former Biafran leader, late Chukwueme Odimegwu Ojukwu, former governor of old Imo State, Dr. Sam Mbakwe and others made a presentation on the matter. According the Nwosu, the presentation also articulated rotational presidency, the 6 geopolitical zones, devolution of power and resource control as Igbo agenda to the conference. He said: Yakkasai is wrong, very wrong and I don’t know why she should utter such a fallacy. Everybody knows that the south west boycotted the 1994 Abacha conference. Every Nigerian knows. It was at that conference that the Igbo after a 6 months meeting of how Nigeria can be better produced a programme on restructuring, devolution of power, etc and sent its very best to the conference, namely late Dr. Alex Ekwueme, late Chief Emeka Odimegwu Ojukwu, De Sam Mbakwe and others to that conference. “It was at that conference that the Igbo through a motion from Dr. Ekwueme proposed rotational presidency and the 6 geopolitical zones, devolution of power and resource control. They were all in the Igbo memorandum. The Igbo memorandum was adopted at Mkpoku Igbo conference in April and I was the chairman of that Mkpoku Igbo conference. I was also the secretary of the Pius Okeigbo committee that prepared that memorandum on restructuring, devolution of power and the 6 geopolitical zone. I was sent to Abuja to run the Igbo Secretariat to see to these. Prominent Igbo are still alive and can testify to it. Such persons include Gen Ike Nwachukwu, Commodore Ebitu Ukaiwe. They are many. “So, it is annoying to the extreme to read an elder statesman talk of uninformed Igbo championing a cause. Restructuring is now a Nigerian desire and the sooner everybody realised that, the better. “But having been so involved in the preparation, presentation of the memorandum to the conference, in the running of the Secretariat that produced the conference, I feel compelled to correct this information from Tanko Yakassai. He is so wrong, very wrong. “The Igbo restructuring agenda goes even to proposal arrangement for the Nigerian Army, not divisions. It goes into Police. It is all-encompassing. It is very strong on resource control and also supported the south south strongly in getting the resource control even the 10% that was given finally. So I don’t know why he should say that. We are neither championing a Youruba cause or the Yorubas championing our cause. “I thought we are all favorably disposed to restructuring a Nigerian that is not working and I don’t like people talking from the two sides of their mouth. “I don’t want to accuse him of ignorance. I am saying he didn’t say the truth. That’s all I am interested in and I have said what the truth is. The reports of the conference are there which I think he was a member of. It was whenever there was crisis, it was Senator Olusola Saraki that formed the group. Yar’Adua was there. “So, I don’t know why he should be saying that we are championing a cause which we, the entire Igbo ethnic group proposed after a 6 months preparatory meeting that included the very best of Igbo including Professor Ben Nwabueze. He still alive. “I don’t why he should say that the uninformed Igbo are championing a cause being proposed by the Yoruba. I don’t know why. Is restructuring a Yoruba agenda? It is a Nigerian agenda. Knowing him personally and having participated with him in a conference and being given copies of his book, I am completely perplexed that he said this. “Why does Yakkasai malign ndi Igbo by describing them as uninformed? Why does he abuse Ndigbo when they are the people most worried about their situation in Nigeria? Restructuring is a Nigerian desire.”

Read more at: https://www.vanguardngr.com/2018/09/restructuring-tanko-yakkasai-wrong-to-say-uniformed-igbo-re-championing-yourba-agenda-prof-abc-nwosu/

Haba malam!
This thing pepper Nwosu enter marrow gaan.

This Yakasai man like to trouble Ibo people too much. This is not a good thing to say to them. They prefer to be acknowledged as Hausa slave but if you call them Yoruba slave katakata go happen. By this statement Yakasai is saying Yoruba has sold an empty shell casing to Ibo for television. grin. Thats not kind. grin

Nwosu no go sleep tonight as this thing sting am reach. But Yoruba must set record straight, as always. We dont like he say, she say.....we bring out the records and the facts. Yes, thats right the facts!

So Yakasai says restructuring agenda is Yoruba idea but did not give date.

Nwosu responded and said restructuring agenda belongs to Igbo and it was presented in 1994 at Abacha Conference.

So lets bring the facts.

1. Abacha Conference started August 1994.

https://www.nigerianmuse.com/projects/SNCProject/?u=Abacha_conference_resolutions_political.htm

2. Yoruba drafted and already approved a memorandum on restructuring, called Yoruba Agenda, three months earlier in May 1994.

https://www.blueprint.ng/yoruba-agenda-on-restructuring/

I am unable to find any articulated agenda, on restructuring or not, by Ibo prior to Abacha Conference.

Nwosu said Yoruba boycotted the Conference...but the ideas tabled at the conference look like a plagiarized work of the Yoruba memorandum that preceded the conference.

Yakasai is correct in saying Ibo pushed what they thought was their idea but in actuality was the brainwork of Yorubas to restructure Nigeria.

If he wants to dispute Yakssai, Nwosu should point us to any Igbo Agenda released to press like the Yorubas did prior to Abacha Conference.

5 Likes

Re: Who Is Lying, Yakassai Or Nwosu? by bluecircle470: 4:22am On Sep 19, 2018
BabaRamota1980:

Haba malam!

This Yakasai man like to trouble Ibo people too much. This is not a good thing to say to them. They prefer to be acknowledged as Hausa slave but if you call them Yoruba slave katakata go happen. By this statement Yakasai is saying Yoruba has sold an empty shell casing to Ibo for television. grin. Thats not kind. grin

Nwosu no go sleep tonight as this thing sting am reach. But Yoruba must set record straight, as always. We dont like he say, she say.....we bring out the records and the facts. Yes, thats right the facts!

Nwosu responded and said restructuring agenda belongs to Igbo and it was presented in 1994 at Abacha Conference.

So lets bring the facts.

https://www.nigerianmuse.com/projects/SNCProject/?u=Abacha_conference_resolutions_political.htm

2. Yoruba drafted and already approved a memorandum on restructuring, called Yoruba Agenda, three months earlier in May 1994.

I am unable to find any articulated agenda, on restructuring or not, by Ibo prior to Abacha Conference.

Nwosu said Yoruba boycotted the Conference...but the ideas tabled at the conference look like a plagiarized work of the Yoruba memorandum that preceded the conference.

Yakasai is correct in saying Ibo pushed what they thought was their idea but in actuality was the brainwork of Yorubas to restructure Nigeria.

If he wants to dispute Yakssai, Nwosu should point us to any Igbo Agenda released to press like the Yorubas did prior to Abacha Conference.

Ehn! Ehn! This table you’re shaking ‘babaramota’, u will use it to cause katakata o (yonponyorin) pls don’t cause tribal war here o, it is too early for this. Babaramota and yakassai pls let the sleeping dog lie grin. Whether it is Yoruba or ibo agenda, let us all champion a good restructuring.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Who Is Lying, Yakassai Or Nwosu? by ipobarethieves: 4:28am On Sep 19, 2018
wink Ipob are ATIKU/SARAKI Slaves. They hail/support pipu with criminal background. Even Nwazuruike kal his pipu most foolish tribe after a lady kal thsm 21st century idiots. very directionless/confused fl@theads pigs

2 Likes

Re: Who Is Lying, Yakassai Or Nwosu? by BabaRamota1980: 4:36am On Sep 19, 2018
bluecircle470:

Ehn! Ehn! This table you’re shaking ‘babaramota’, u will use it to cause katakata o (yonponyorin) pls don’t cause tribal war here o, it is too early for this. Babaramota and yakassai pls let the sleeping dog lie grin. Whether it is Yoruba or ibo agenda, let us all champion a good restructuring.
grin

I want to take vacation from ibo matter sef, but na dem dey rush me....

I dont want to hear, see or smell Ibo for next 36months! But they cant stop provoking with their clowning... In this Nigeria, mmtchhheew, if Ibo is not in news from morning till night journalism go just die. grin

Ibo Amaka! grin

4 Likes

Re: Who Is Lying, Yakassai Or Nwosu? by Morbeta11(m): 4:42am On Sep 19, 2018
As for me...... Nigeria Amaka! Shithole Amaka!!!

2 Likes

Re: Who Is Lying, Yakassai Or Nwosu? by bluecircle470: 4:57am On Sep 19, 2018
BabaRamota1980:

grin

I want to take vacation from ibo matter sef, but na dem dey rush me....

I dont want to hear, see or smell Ibo for next 36months! But they cant stop provoking with their clowning... In this Nigeria, mmtchhheew, if Ibo is not in news from morning till night journalism go just die. grin

Ibo Amaka! grin

A whole 36 months! Haba but why? You want them to go oblivion....

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Who Is Lying, Yakassai Or Nwosu? by richidinho(m): 5:41am On Sep 19, 2018
sad! very sad!!

the comments above are so irritating that one will be forced to ask if we still have intelligent youths in the country

4 Likes

Re: Who Is Lying, Yakassai Or Nwosu? by xbernardx(m): 5:45am On Sep 19, 2018
Both of them are renowned pathological liars

1 Like

Re: Who Is Lying, Yakassai Or Nwosu? by Nobody: 6:35am On Sep 19, 2018
This OP has been know to create only igbo thread and u will find. Him in every igbo section.....the guy seriously I can't understand....

Let's conduct a peaceful referendum, make we leave Nigeria for them....dey. Won't agree...

3 Likes

Re: Who Is Lying, Yakassai Or Nwosu? by Mujtahida: 7:13am On Sep 19, 2018
bluecircle470:

Ehn! Ehn! This table you’re shaking ‘babaramota’, u will use it to cause katakata o (yonponyorin) pls don’t cause tribal war here o, it is too early for this. Babaramota and yakassai pls let the sleeping dog lie grin. Whether it is Yoruba or ibo agenda, let us all champion a good restructuring
The bolded is all that matters.

This ethnic capture of a good idea portends a great danger. It's childish.

Me thinks that yoruba, Igbo and Hausa as the three major ethnic groups are collectively a plague to this nation. It's possible that were it not for this these three major ethnic groups tribalism and nepotism would never have thrived in Nigeria.
Re: Who Is Lying, Yakassai Or Nwosu? by Nobody: 7:20am On Sep 19, 2018
Mujtahida:

[s]The bolded is all that matters.

Me thinks that yoruba, Igbo and Hausa as the three major ethnic groups are collectively a plague to this nation. It's possible that were it not for this these three major ethnic groups tribalism and nepotism would never have thrived in Nigeria. [/s]
Re: Who Is Lying, Yakassai Or Nwosu? by PFRB: 7:33am On Sep 19, 2018
Yakasai has achieved his aim... to set off a war between Igbo and Yoruba.
Re: Who Is Lying, Yakassai Or Nwosu? by ificatchmodeh: 7:44am On Sep 19, 2018
Afonjas and ....

Oya na make we get beans..
Re: Who Is Lying, Yakassai Or Nwosu? by ificatchmodeh: 7:54am On Sep 19, 2018
Stupid thread..by an afon..always competing with dia lords
Re: Who Is Lying, Yakassai Or Nwosu? by orisa37: 7:56am On Sep 19, 2018
Tanko Yakassai should be tried for Espionage, Sedition and Treason for daring to prefer Trade and economic cooperation with Niger, Chad and Cameroon Republics to The Southern part of Nigeria. He is either not a Nigerian or a Shameless Sabotuer.
Re: Who Is Lying, Yakassai Or Nwosu? by Nobody: 8:53am On Sep 19, 2018
BabaRamota1980:

Haba malam!

So lets bring the facts.

Yorubas have absolutely no interest in restructuring.
Re: Who Is Lying, Yakassai Or Nwosu? by Mujtahida: 8:56am On Sep 19, 2018
PFRB:
Yakasai has achieved his aim... to set off a war between Igbo and Yoruba.
And the mumus will take the bait and start hitting each other from all angles.

I've never seen two tribes as foolish as yoruba and Igbo. These two ethnic groups are far more educated than the Hausa yet Hausa keeps dancing alanta on their heads.

And I say this out of a deep sense of pain and sobriety. It's absolute foolishness, this constant cat and dog fight. The North will build castles on top of the ruins of your wars, disagreements, hate, hostility and prejudices.

1 Like

Re: Who Is Lying, Yakassai Or Nwosu? by bluecircle470: 11:27am On Sep 19, 2018
Mujtahida:

The bolded is all that matters.

Me thinks that yoruba, Igbo and Hausa as the three major ethnic groups are collectively a plague to this nation. It's possible that were it not for this these three major ethnic groups tribalism and nepotism would never have thrived in Nigeria.

Maybe

(1) (Reply)

Osun Elections: Zombies 're So Quiet Now / Breaking: Lagos APC Primary, Ambode Loses By High Margin / Did Tinubu Actually Deserve Anyone's Loyalty?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.