Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,418 members, 7,861,177 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 05:54 AM

Us-based Nigerian Group Offers To Pay Leah Sharibu’s Ransom - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Us-based Nigerian Group Offers To Pay Leah Sharibu’s Ransom (18964 Views)

Leah Sharibu Speaks From Captivity, Asks Buhari To Pity Her (Audio) / Leah Sharibu's Results In Her Report Card (Photo) / Reno Omokri - “Leah Sharibu: The Girl Boko Haram Left Behind" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Us-based Nigerian Group Offers To Pay Leah Sharibu’s Ransom by Crimecity: 1:08pm On Sep 19, 2018
A United States based Nigerian group has protested strongly against the threat to kill the lone Christian captive in the hands of Islamic militant group, Boko Haram, ’Leah Sharibu’, asking the Federal Government to allow interested parties pay the ransom to secure her release.

The group also alleged that it reached out to be United Nations to intervene, when it got news of plans to kill the hostages in the detention centres of Boko Haram but lamented that no action was taken.

In an open letter, titled: ‘Terrorists Execute Air worker in the first ransom demand ever, threaten captive Christian schoolgirl, Leah, next’, by the Managing Partner of US Nigeria Law Group Washington DC, USA, Emmanuel Ogebe, the group said: “We note the unsettling report that Boko Haram (ISWA) executed a female aid worker held captive since March 1.

We were only recently alerted that the hostages were about to be executed and to escalate advocacy for their lives.

“We reached out to the United Nations but the staff spoken to at UNICEF claimed not to be aware of the situation nor the fact that a UNICEF worker was captured but promised to attend to the matter.

“In view of the gravity of the situation, we then reached out directly to the UN Secretary General in New York as we knew lives were in imminent danger.

“Thereupon, we disclosed same in the media to put the world on notice of the precarious condition of the hostages. We got an email and a call back trying to determine details of the hostages. We were able to verify some key facts around the attacks and confirmed the UN was, indeed, aware and updated them on a few facts. We received assurances of action.

“We are saddened at the unfortunate news of the horrific execution of humanitarian worker and mother of two, 25- year-old Saifura Ahmed who’s frantic messages during the attack at Rann IDP camp alerted the world to what happened that fateful night.

“Our research indicates that Saifura had a distressing chat with a friend that they were under attack and had to run to the nearby military base for protection. Her last voice chat indicated the attackers eventually breached the military base where she and others were taking refuge and that she was about to be harmed. Her last message in Hausa was “oh my God they are now coming in – they are going to kill me…”

“At USNLG, we take the lives of victims seriously and did everything possible to elevate this issue at the highest levels. We regret that this did not result in a favorable outcome but it was not for lack of trying.

“Our condolences go to the family of Saifura, the Red Cross community, aid workers and humanitarians globally. We must remain undaunted in the face of victimization of humanitarians for good to transcend evil as it ultimately shall.

“We urge the Red Cross to provide generous death benefits for the family and educational scholarships for her little children including ongoing support to the hostages’ families now.
“We urge the UN Secretary General to elevate this hostage issue directly with Gen. Buhari. We are confused at Buhari’s plea to the international community for assistance when it is clear that the resolution lies squarely on Nigeria’s shoulders.

“Moreover, as the DSS claimed credit for negotiating the release of 100 Dapchi schoolgirls, we urge a repeat release through channels and mechanisms established.”

More below:

https://zenithnaija.com/us-based-nigerian-group-offers-to-pay-leah-sharibus-ransom/

14 Likes

Re: Us-based Nigerian Group Offers To Pay Leah Sharibu’s Ransom by gaby(m): 1:15pm On Sep 19, 2018
Eyaaaa,

A very kind and nice gesture. I would drop my widow's mite if I knew where to send it to surely.

Not the evil degenerates we have in Nigeria as rulers, pastors, businessmen and what have you.

If anyone amongst the cows presently running around for an elective position had been smart enough to even think out something like this, such politician wouldn't be hopping from pillar to post wasting money on a useless campaign.

Being creative or thinking out of the box is certainly alien to our people. It's always a one-way street with them. Anywhere belle face. Daring to be different is an allergy.Mumus

Been asking them to get in touch with me on how to use my book on my siggy to win the youths over but they are slacking...na dem sabi

Enjoy my siggy

33 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Us-based Nigerian Group Offers To Pay Leah Sharibu’s Ransom by Brooklynsouth(f): 1:23pm On Sep 19, 2018
once more buhari the terrorist wants to pay his brothers through the back door useless idiot

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Us-based Nigerian Group Offers To Pay Leah Sharibu’s Ransom by DogmaNation: 1:44pm On Sep 19, 2018
Buhari is the terrorist. Buhari is bokoharam n bokoharam is Buhari!

Free Leah sharibu

52 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Us-based Nigerian Group Offers To Pay Leah Sharibu’s Ransom by BigbamoAYO(m): 1:45pm On Sep 19, 2018
Ransom? na wa o,where's our Army
Re: Us-based Nigerian Group Offers To Pay Leah Sharibu’s Ransom by tribalistseun: 3:55pm On Sep 19, 2018
Buhari won't accept this.

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: Us-based Nigerian Group Offers To Pay Leah Sharibu’s Ransom by CTechHub(m): 3:55pm On Sep 19, 2018
cool. very kind of them

1 Like

Re: Us-based Nigerian Group Offers To Pay Leah Sharibu’s Ransom by akeentech(m): 3:56pm On Sep 19, 2018
This is a welcome development, please youths idleness leads to Bokoharam, get something doing.

October 1st is a public holiday for both the business owners and Job seekers this is an opportunity to move your life to the next level.

See my signature
Re: Us-based Nigerian Group Offers To Pay Leah Sharibu’s Ransom by royalamour(m): 3:56pm On Sep 19, 2018
Beautiful
Re: Us-based Nigerian Group Offers To Pay Leah Sharibu’s Ransom by SarcasticGenius(m): 3:57pm On Sep 19, 2018
angry angry angry angry

This poor girl has been held since February 19th but the stupid, lifeless, clueless and gutless dullard didn't waste any time in paying Boko Haram a large sum of money to free the MUDSLIMES who were kidnapped along with her. One day, and it will be sooner than he thinks, he will stand before God (the real God and not the fake one he worships) and he will account for his evil behaviour.

7 Likes

Re: Us-based Nigerian Group Offers To Pay Leah Sharibu’s Ransom by segbowe: 3:57pm On Sep 19, 2018
this is good news afterall
Re: Us-based Nigerian Group Offers To Pay Leah Sharibu’s Ransom by oluwasegun007(m): 3:58pm On Sep 19, 2018
jj
Re: Us-based Nigerian Group Offers To Pay Leah Sharibu’s Ransom by excomarow(m): 3:58pm On Sep 19, 2018
If only PDP fought boko haram from inception, all this wouldn't have been happening.

Even the Chibok Girls abducted at that time, non of them PDP rescued

May God Be with You Liah
Re: Us-based Nigerian Group Offers To Pay Leah Sharibu’s Ransom by Queenext: 3:58pm On Sep 19, 2018
When they noticed that the lifeless one has nothing to offer,or do to that regard.

A group coming to do what a country should do.

Buhari issa bastard,.

3 Likes

Re: Us-based Nigerian Group Offers To Pay Leah Sharibu’s Ransom by segbowe: 3:59pm On Sep 19, 2018
this is good news afterall....
Re: Us-based Nigerian Group Offers To Pay Leah Sharibu’s Ransom by Nobody: 3:59pm On Sep 19, 2018
sad
Re: Us-based Nigerian Group Offers To Pay Leah Sharibu’s Ransom by Dpharisee: 3:59pm On Sep 19, 2018
Those who share same religion with Boko Haram

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Us-based Nigerian Group Offers To Pay Leah Sharibu’s Ransom by Nobody: 3:59pm On Sep 19, 2018
Hmm

1 Like

Re: Us-based Nigerian Group Offers To Pay Leah Sharibu’s Ransom by Nobody: 4:00pm On Sep 19, 2018
Then BOkO will be encouraged to kidnap more girls?

1 Like

Re: Us-based Nigerian Group Offers To Pay Leah Sharibu’s Ransom by translux(m): 4:00pm On Sep 19, 2018
BigbamoAYO:

On the run

2 Likes

Re: Us-based Nigerian Group Offers To Pay Leah Sharibu’s Ransom by InvertedHammer: 4:00pm On Sep 19, 2018
/
A Nigerian's life is worthless. They should try kidnapping a white American, British or French girl. All International protocols will be set aside as Marines, Infantries and air support will take over Sambisa forest.

But Buhari is busy carrying on like everything is ok while the idiotic masses cheer him on as a great leader. What leader?!

/

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Us-based Nigerian Group Offers To Pay Leah Sharibu’s Ransom by AreaFada2: 4:01pm On Sep 19, 2018
Nigerian press have been cowered and pocketed by FG. Leah Sharibu hardly matters any more to them.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Us-based Nigerian Group Offers To Pay Leah Sharibu’s Ransom by Clevverjhay(m): 4:01pm On Sep 19, 2018
Kk
Re: Us-based Nigerian Group Offers To Pay Leah Sharibu’s Ransom by Maket: 4:01pm On Sep 19, 2018
Thank God she will soon be back to the land of the living

2 Likes

Re: Us-based Nigerian Group Offers To Pay Leah Sharibu’s Ransom by excomarow(m): 4:02pm On Sep 19, 2018
DogmaNation:
Buhari is the terrorist, because Buhari is bokoharam n bokoharam is Buhari!

Mtcweeee
Re: Us-based Nigerian Group Offers To Pay Leah Sharibu’s Ransom by Johnosas91: 4:05pm On Sep 19, 2018
BigbamoAYO:
Nigeria Army can defeat Boko Haram neatly
But our SELF CENTRED LEADERS don't want the war to end.
Jim Reeves has said it all...... This world is not my own am just passing through...

3 Likes

Re: Us-based Nigerian Group Offers To Pay Leah Sharibu’s Ransom by Nbote(m): 4:06pm On Sep 19, 2018
vdj
Re: Us-based Nigerian Group Offers To Pay Leah Sharibu’s Ransom by nextstep(m): 4:07pm On Sep 19, 2018
Please don't castigate me for what I'm about to say:

Leah Sharibu is one person. Paying ransom to Boko Haram only emboldens them and gives them the ability to buy more arms and kill more people.
I don't want her to be killed, but I don't want many other innocent people to be killed either. They are as strong as they are because of all the ransom paid so far. Back in 2013, they got a random of $3.15 million to free seven French hostages. That money has been used very effectively, and since then a few thousand Nigerians, Cameroonians, Chadians, and Nigeriens have lost their lives.

Now somebody would say to me: "what if Leah was your sister?" It's a hard choice, but if I pay them ransom to rescue her, what assurance is there that they won't come back and wipe out my whole village later, me and my sister included?

4 Likes

Re: Us-based Nigerian Group Offers To Pay Leah Sharibu’s Ransom by Aden777(m): 4:08pm On Sep 19, 2018
Where are the Nigerian Pastors?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Minimum Wage: N30,000 Is Settled But Adjustments Will Be Based On States / Chief Martin Agbaso Joins Labour Party In Imo State / Senate Presidency: Why Akpabio May Lose Support Of Colleagues

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.