Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,300 members, 7,815,542 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:13 PM

I’ll Contest Lagos Gov Election –jimi Agbaje - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I’ll Contest Lagos Gov Election –jimi Agbaje (15617 Views)

Pius Anyim: I’ll Contest Presidency In 2013, Whether PDP Zone It Or Not / Obaseki: I’ll Contest Edo Governorship Election On APC Platform / Zone Deputy To S/E Or I’ll Contest For Senate President ― Kalu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

I’ll Contest Lagos Gov Election –jimi Agbaje by themomentng: 1:50pm On Sep 19, 2018
Mr Jimi Agbaje, the 2015 Lagos State governorship candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party, on Wednesday ended speculations about his re-run bid, saying he was back in the race.

Agbaje made the confirmation via a telephone interview with the News Agency of Nigeria in Lagos.

“It is true that initially I did not want to re-contest, but I had so many people urging me to run.

“I bought and submitted my nomination form shortly before it closed. I will be part of the PDP Lagos governorship primaries, billed for Friday, September 28th, “ he said.

Agbaje said that he was confident he would win the elections in Lagos state, if he picked the PDP guber ticket to run.

On the upcoming primaries, Agbaje said he was confident that the leadership would create a level playing ground for all the aspirants, as has been the norm of the party.

“Our primaries have always been open, fair and free for all.

“This is what we are known for, and that is the way I expect it to be,” he said.

Agbaje, who also contested for the National Chairmanship of the PDP in 2017, won by Uche Secondus, said that the recent defections from the party in the state would not affect him if he picked the ticket.

“It is the people of Lagos State that will decide. The issues in the party will not impact negatively on votes.

“Most Nigerians now vote for individuals rather than party,” he said.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/punchng.com/breaking-i-will-contest-lagos-gov-election-jimi-agbaje/amp/

3 Likes

Re: I’ll Contest Lagos Gov Election –jimi Agbaje by Mynd44: 1:54pm On Sep 19, 2018
Everybody loves Jimi Agbaje.

Lets put that to the test again

72 Likes 1 Share

Re: I’ll Contest Lagos Gov Election –jimi Agbaje by Sirpaul(m): 1:54pm On Sep 19, 2018
Baba no waste money...

once that idiat called Jagaban is still there ... APC rules

Suggestion: you and Ambode collabo form a new party

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I’ll Contest Lagos Gov Election –jimi Agbaje by Angelb4: 1:54pm On Sep 19, 2018
This guy has NEVER won any elective position in his life, including his last two quests to become the gov of Lag, and the Chairman of PDP. I bet you, he won't even win the primaries this time. I am very sure, our neigbours from across Niger will jump into this and make him win on NAIRALAND already. Let him waste more monies biko, that's the beauty of democracy.

26 Likes

Re: I’ll Contest Lagos Gov Election –jimi Agbaje by hardeyinkah45(m): 1:55pm On Sep 19, 2018
ok ride on
Re: I’ll Contest Lagos Gov Election –jimi Agbaje by Agbayahoo: 1:56pm On Sep 19, 2018
IPOB Agbaje grin

12 Likes

Re: I’ll Contest Lagos Gov Election –jimi Agbaje by yjgm(m): 1:56pm On Sep 19, 2018
As Ambode is no longer contesting, I am also declaring to contest as an underdog

1 Like

Re: I’ll Contest Lagos Gov Election –jimi Agbaje by Obyken23(m): 1:56pm On Sep 19, 2018
Who u epp tongue

1 Like

Re: I’ll Contest Lagos Gov Election –jimi Agbaje by Nobody: 1:56pm On Sep 19, 2018
Ok

Good luck sir

How about Otedolla
Re: I’ll Contest Lagos Gov Election –jimi Agbaje by AutoReportNG: 1:56pm On Sep 19, 2018
Best news ever... bring it on Jimi

2 Likes

Re: I’ll Contest Lagos Gov Election –jimi Agbaje by Naijaguy12345(m): 1:57pm On Sep 19, 2018
Look at his head like that of his IPOB supporters! He is never tired of loosing. Ibo people can not install you as Lagos governor, keep wasting your money and efforts.

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I’ll Contest Lagos Gov Election –jimi Agbaje by promise4040: 1:57pm On Sep 19, 2018
To be honest, I like this guy.

3 Likes

Re: I’ll Contest Lagos Gov Election –jimi Agbaje by Turks: 1:57pm On Sep 19, 2018
This guy needs to chill

6 Likes

Re: I’ll Contest Lagos Gov Election –jimi Agbaje by KwoiZabo(m): 1:57pm On Sep 19, 2018
Agbayahoo:
IPOB Agbaje grin
As your moniker implies, you are really an Agbaya undecided

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I’ll Contest Lagos Gov Election –jimi Agbaje by positivelord: 1:57pm On Sep 19, 2018
Jimi Agbaje brother to current GTB chairman who have been fighting Innoson...Dead On Arrival...

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I’ll Contest Lagos Gov Election –jimi Agbaje by herolamy1: 1:57pm On Sep 19, 2018
If Ambode isn’t in the race again.... I bet Jimmy will surely win Lagos state cont

2 Likes

Re: I’ll Contest Lagos Gov Election –jimi Agbaje by jerryunit48: 1:58pm On Sep 19, 2018
Noooooo just convince Ambode to join PDP then give him all your support that way there is a good chance
Re: I’ll Contest Lagos Gov Election –jimi Agbaje by Royalfurnitures: 1:58pm On Sep 19, 2018
On which platform sir?

Check out my signature for classy and exotic furniture collections today
Re: I’ll Contest Lagos Gov Election –jimi Agbaje by akinszz: 1:58pm On Sep 19, 2018
JK just kidding grin grin grin ipobb's Lord grin grin

Re: I’ll Contest Lagos Gov Election –jimi Agbaje by Balunmalun: 1:59pm On Sep 19, 2018
U go lose again oo
Re: I’ll Contest Lagos Gov Election –jimi Agbaje by WOLEMENTO(m): 1:59pm On Sep 19, 2018
[quote author=themomentng post=71336201]Mr Jimi Agbaje, the 2015 Lagos State governorship candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party, on Wednesday ended speculations about his re-run bid, saying he was back in the race.

Agbaje made the confirmation via a telephone interview with the News Agency of Nigeria in Lagos.

“It is true that initially I did not want to re-contest, but I had so many people urging me to run.

“I bought and submitted my nomination form shortly before it closed. I will be part of the PDP Lagos governorship primaries, billed for Friday, September 28th, “ he said.

Agbaje said that he was confident he would win the elections in Lagos state, if he picked the PDP guber ticket to run.

On the upcoming primaries, Agbaje said he was confident that the leadership would create a level playing ground for all the aspirants, as has been the norm of the party.

“Our primaries have always been open, fair and free for all.

“This is what we are known for, and that is the way I expect it to be,” he said.

Agbaje, who also contested for the National Chairmanship of the PDP in 2017, won by Uche Secondus, said that the recent defections from the party in the state would not affect him if he picked the ticket.

“It is the people of Lagos State that will decide. The issues in the party will not impact negatively on votes.

“Most Nigerians now vote for individuals rather than party,” he s

next year election will be full of surprice the least expected will be elected
Re: I’ll Contest Lagos Gov Election –jimi Agbaje by senator2b: 1:59pm On Sep 19, 2018
With all this rift with Jagaban and Ambode in APC let see whether your personality will hold ground in Lagos . He should also know he is not battling with APC but With Thieftunubu.

1 Like

Re: I’ll Contest Lagos Gov Election –jimi Agbaje by ipobarethieves: 1:59pm On Sep 19, 2018
cool welcome to the ring.U have immigrants PIGS support. Singing*O fese lu, o ya kata.........*
Re: I’ll Contest Lagos Gov Election –jimi Agbaje by Mynd44: 2:00pm On Sep 19, 2018
positivelord:
Jimi Agbaje brother to current GTB chairman who have been fighting Innoson...Dead On Arrival...
Cousin.
Re: I’ll Contest Lagos Gov Election –jimi Agbaje by helphelp: 2:00pm On Sep 19, 2018
You've been too quiet Oga Jimi.

If only you'd been active and all these APC Tinubu saga came up, you'd have a chance, it only seems you want to take a chance because you think they are divided and you just might nick it, not that you really want to govern anymore.

Anyways, all na sef interest. Good luck sire

2 Likes

Re: I’ll Contest Lagos Gov Election –jimi Agbaje by oluwasegun007(m): 2:00pm On Sep 19, 2018
YOU'RE WELCOME SIR...
Re: I’ll Contest Lagos Gov Election –jimi Agbaje by jayson87: 2:01pm On Sep 19, 2018
The man that should have won in 2015. see how Tinubu is toying around a whole governor of a state. Shame on Ambode
Re: I’ll Contest Lagos Gov Election –jimi Agbaje by GentleMoney: 2:02pm On Sep 19, 2018
Re: I’ll Contest Lagos Gov Election –jimi Agbaje by sureheaven(m): 2:02pm On Sep 19, 2018
U think the problem btwn Ambode and Tinubu will give u upper hand this time to win.

U are joke, I implore ur family and friends to warn u because this might lead to hypertension when u lose again. shocked

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

We Are Not In Any Coalition With AAC In Rivers State - Oshiomhole / NPA Approves 10% Discount On Vessels Calling At Eastern Ports / 2023: We Need Wealth Creators, There Is No Money To Share Again - Peter Obi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.