Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,266 members, 7,811,760 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 07:04 PM

Why Council Chairmen Are Backing Me, By Sanwo-olu - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Council Chairmen Are Backing Me, By Sanwo-olu (24807 Views)

Jibrin Says 14 Governors And 26 State APC Chairmen Are In Support Of Tinubu / Agege-Pen Cinema Bridge Commissioned By Sanwo-Olu And Tinubu (Photos, Video) / Joe Igbokwe Reacts To His Drainage And Water Resources Appointment By Sanwo-Olu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Council Chairmen Are Backing Me, By Sanwo-olu by dre11(m): 10:01pm On Sep 20, 2018
Posted By: Tajudeen Adebanjo

Lagos State Governorship aspirants of the All Progressives Congress (APC) Babajide Sanwo-Olu on Thursday debunked the insinuation on social media that the local governments chairmen are backing him for economic gain.

Those spreading such falsehood, he said, are either bereft of knowledge of Lagos politics or are only out for mischief.
The council chairmen under Conference 57 have backed for Sanwo-Olu to be the party’s candidate.

He said the Conference 57’s endorsement is borne out of the group’s desire to take Lagos to a greater height.

A statement by Babajide Sanwo-Olu Campaign Organisation (BOSCO) Media Director Olusesan Daini said it welcome various endorsements, support with excitement.

He said: ‘’We are reading all sorts of lies, distortions of facts and some falsehood posts on social media aimed at disparaging our movement and our leader. But we have decided not to respond to them because most of the posts are without authors.

Rather than dissipate energy on all that, we have concentrated work on mobilizing our base and preparing everyone for the election.

“Some party leaders who have openly identified with Mr. Sanwo-Olu include former minister and notable politicians, Mr. Ademola Seriki, Senator Gbenga Ashafa (Lagos East Senatorial District), former House of Representatives member Mr. Monsuru Owolabi (Bertola), and several current House of Representatives members; a One-time Commissioner for Finance, Mr. Wale Edun, frontline politician Mr. Shakirudeen Sola Giwa, Cardinal Omolaja Odumbaku (Baba Eto) among others.

“We expressed joy and excitement at the outpouring of love from Lagosians, particularly the torrents of endorsements from various political and socio-economic groups across the state and several Lagosians living in the diaspora. It is a confirmation that the people of Lagos are fully in support of my aspiration to administer the state as governor.”

Apart from Conference 57, which had identified the sterling qualities of Sanwo-Olu and had stood behind him from the beginning, many other political associations and groups have come out to declare their support for him ahead of the party primary elections.

“We have received calls from hundreds of notable politicians from across Lagos State, declaring their love for the choice of Sanwo-Olu. Some have actually written us letters to pledge their support and to endorse our man.

Just yesterday (Wednesday), the Private Sector Participants (PSP) operators in Lagos issued a statement to applaud the choice of Sanwo-Olu, whom many have described as a great administrator, a listening leader and a man of character.

Some other endorsements for Mr. Sanwo-Olu include The Consolidation Group (TCG), with the entire Amuwo Odofin and Badagry chapters of the All Progressives Congress (APC) as well as several notable individuals,” Daini said.

On the revised time table for the primaries, Daini said although the BOSCO is ready for the election, adding that the three days shift will give the campaign committee an opportunity to further reach as many party members as possible.

“We need thousands of our members to come out en-masse to vote for Mr. Babajide Sanwo-Olu on September 29. We need to show that our strength as a political movement is in our numbers as we are working round the clock to ensure that we record a huge turnout of party faithful on the day of the primary election,’’ he said.

http://thenationonlineng.net/why-council-chairmen-are-backing-me-by-sanwo-olu/

1 Like

Re: Why Council Chairmen Are Backing Me, By Sanwo-olu by faaz24: 10:06pm On Sep 20, 2018
This guy is having a good time...

Ambode might still have the last laugh though.

Save the last dance Ambo... Ambo o, Ambo Sanwo-olu rorase o Ambo o. Gbabe !

20 Likes

Re: Why Council Chairmen Are Backing Me, By Sanwo-olu by unique1986: 10:16pm On Sep 20, 2018
Your case is not decided, don't be too happy to think you have an edge. Ambode will still be given the ticket at your expense.

14 Likes

Re: Why Council Chairmen Are Backing Me, By Sanwo-olu by Rumicarter: 10:17pm On Sep 20, 2018
Where is this Sanwo-Olu from in Lagos sef?

3 Likes

Re: Why Council Chairmen Are Backing Me, By Sanwo-olu by alexy147(m): 10:17pm On Sep 20, 2018
Lagosians ----The devil(Ambode) you know is better than the self claiming savior ooo. Make una shine una eyes

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Council Chairmen Are Backing Me, By Sanwo-olu by ZeeBaba17(m): 10:17pm On Sep 20, 2018
Though I still believe and want Ambode to sail through but in d event of him failing, I just pray that lagosian show this opportunist politician and his masters that the real power belong to the people and not the godfathers by giving them d shock of their lives

56 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Why Council Chairmen Are Backing Me, By Sanwo-olu by WahalaDeyHere(f): 10:18pm On Sep 20, 2018
angry
Re: Why Council Chairmen Are Backing Me, By Sanwo-olu by tommykiwi(m): 10:18pm On Sep 20, 2018
Who are the so called Council Chairmen? Instead of you to say Jagaban dey support you or the person wen get Eko dey support you.
Afonjas......

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Council Chairmen Are Backing Me, By Sanwo-olu by OneHead: 10:18pm On Sep 20, 2018
Weechaacee

Re: Why Council Chairmen Are Backing Me, By Sanwo-olu by KosyJerry(m): 10:18pm On Sep 20, 2018
dre11:

http://thenationonlineng.net/why-council-chairmen-are-backing-me-by-sanwo-olu/

All their backing can’t guarantee the seat... Choose God over any other being.

1 Like

Re: Why Council Chairmen Are Backing Me, By Sanwo-olu by KosyJerry(m): 10:19pm On Sep 20, 2018
Rumicarter:

Oya ask google... We no be him relative

3 Likes

Re: Why Council Chairmen Are Backing Me, By Sanwo-olu by olatunji390(m): 10:19pm On Sep 20, 2018
Rumicarter:

Same Epe with Ambode

1 Like

Re: Why Council Chairmen Are Backing Me, By Sanwo-olu by tobilinoP(m): 10:22pm On Sep 20, 2018
Rumicarter:
Lagos Island

2 Likes

Re: Why Council Chairmen Are Backing Me, By Sanwo-olu by danigbo(m): 10:22pm On Sep 20, 2018
Is he TIN..nubu.
Or TIN God ?
Re: Why Council Chairmen Are Backing Me, By Sanwo-olu by Nobody: 10:22pm On Sep 20, 2018
olatunji390:

Same Epe with Ambode
ambo is ondo abeg

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Council Chairmen Are Backing Me, By Sanwo-olu by Lanre4uonly(m): 10:22pm On Sep 20, 2018
Ok. One just have to continue expecting the unexpected when it comes to Nigeria politics.

1 Like

Re: Why Council Chairmen Are Backing Me, By Sanwo-olu by yurLink: 10:23pm On Sep 20, 2018
alexy147:
Lagosians ----The devil(Ambode) you know is better than the self claiming savior ooo. Make una shine una eyes

Glad u don't reside in lagos. SANWO OLU ALL THE WAY

5 Likes

Re: Why Council Chairmen Are Backing Me, By Sanwo-olu by Seun360(m): 10:23pm On Sep 20, 2018
The Anointed One.

3 Likes

Re: Why Council Chairmen Are Backing Me, By Sanwo-olu by ngadaAwo: 10:24pm On Sep 20, 2018
you mean why Tinubu is backing you

2 Likes

Re: Why Council Chairmen Are Backing Me, By Sanwo-olu by Racoon(m): 10:26pm On Sep 20, 2018
Many are the devices in the heart of a man, but only the counsel of the Lord's counsel that shall stand."
-(Proverbs 19:21)
Re: Why Council Chairmen Are Backing Me, By Sanwo-olu by Benekruku(m): 10:26pm On Sep 20, 2018
Rumicarter:

Kuwait

4 Likes

Re: Why Council Chairmen Are Backing Me, By Sanwo-olu by Upsidedown9ja(m): 10:27pm On Sep 20, 2018
Amob should make APC pay for all their troubles.just play alone and fight for your ticket eventually you might win after which you will decamp to Pdp and start a war with them

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Council Chairmen Are Backing Me, By Sanwo-olu by faaz24: 10:38pm On Sep 20, 2018
Rumicarter:
From Abeokuta I guess

Ambode is from ondo,
Tinubu is from Iragbiji,

Internal democracy in lagos is bn run by external forces

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Council Chairmen Are Backing Me, By Sanwo-olu by ipobarecriminals: 10:46pm On Sep 20, 2018
sad seem dat pot of porridge kal Ambode nor dey com back..E be like say Tinubu go back Ambo las las
Re: Why Council Chairmen Are Backing Me, By Sanwo-olu by chukslawrence(m): 10:48pm On Sep 20, 2018
He who laughs last laughs best.

2 Likes

Re: Why Council Chairmen Are Backing Me, By Sanwo-olu by ipobarecriminals: 11:00pm On Sep 20, 2018
cool
Re: Why Council Chairmen Are Backing Me, By Sanwo-olu by Nobody: 11:02pm On Sep 20, 2018
Some other endorsements for Mr. Sanwo-Olu include The Consolidation Group (TCG), with the entire Amuwo Odofin and Badagry chapters of the All Progressives Congress (APC) as well as several notable individuals,” Daini said.

See why those of us from amuwo /ojo and badagry won't vote for Ambo? The guy no do anything, treating us as if we no b part of lagos

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Council Chairmen Are Backing Me, By Sanwo-olu by ipobarecriminals: 11:04pm On Sep 20, 2018
faaz24:

From Abeokuta I guess

Ambode is from ondo,
Tinubu is from Iragbiji,

Show us Sanwo Ori family house in Abeokuta

2 Likes

Re: Why Council Chairmen Are Backing Me, By Sanwo-olu by technicallyrich(m): 11:06pm On Sep 20, 2018
faaz24:

From Abeokuta I guess

Ambode is from ondo,
Tinubu is from Iragbiji,

evry yorubass from other state in southwest is ruling lagos because lagos is a no mans land.
Is only a matter of time before other tribes will join to rule lagos.
Between i thought yorubass only betray other tribes but seeing a yorubass glaring betraying another yorubass is just funny.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Council Chairmen Are Backing Me, By Sanwo-olu by technicallyrich(m): 11:10pm On Sep 20, 2018
yemaldo:

See why those of us from amuwo /ojo and badagry won't vote for Ambo? The guy no do anything, treating us as if we no b part of lagos
you cant come from lagos,lagos is a no mans land,rather you settled there like other tribes.
Soon i wil be an indigine o lagos,my friend is helping with that and he is from ondo but a lagosian.
I would even say the real owners of lagos are the benin in edo state,as even the word lagos is a benin word.
Re: Why Council Chairmen Are Backing Me, By Sanwo-olu by Lugano(m): 11:10pm On Sep 20, 2018
Jide Sanwolu is from
Lagos island and the Wife is from Lagos Island (Brazilian quarters )

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Abuja Youths Storm PDP Headquarters, Demand For Peter Obi / APC Holds Rally In Vandeikya, Benue State (Pictures) / Doyin Okupe: How Peter Obi Will Win 2023 Presidential Election

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.