Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,405 members, 7,861,141 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 02:58 AM

Man In Tears After Being Scammed At Computer Village. Vid & Pics - Crime (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Man In Tears After Being Scammed At Computer Village. Vid & Pics (45453 Views)

Police, Task Force Repel Hoodlums Attempt At Computer Village Ikeja / Boy Caught Stealing At Computer Village (Video) / Iphone 11 Thief Caught At Computer Village, Ikeja, Receives Multiple Slaps (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Man In Tears After Being Scammed At Computer Village. Vid & Pics by Clevverjhay(m): 10:23am On Sep 21, 2018
Naija
Re: Man In Tears After Being Scammed At Computer Village. Vid & Pics by Ezechimaobim(m): 10:25am On Sep 21, 2018
Malaysia money.... was there life when he was crying.
Re: Man In Tears After Being Scammed At Computer Village. Vid & Pics by justtoodark: 10:27am On Sep 21, 2018
samista:
So people can still fall for this kind of outdated scam?

many still have too much trust.....i was like that too......now,i dont trust any human being...when he or she can speak,then dont trust am..

i dont trust blacks,whites,chinese or whatever they call themselves......

1 Like

Re: Man In Tears After Being Scammed At Computer Village. Vid & Pics by Nobody: 10:30am On Sep 21, 2018
Olalan:
Those guys there are not different from thieves.......
BTW in this age don't think anybody should be doing business with those street urchins there....if you need anything walk into a shop don't even allow them direct you.

You know. . . If I enter computer village like this I dey face where I dey go with strong face till I get there. Ordinary asking for direction from those hustlers that loiter on the streets is an invitation to get scammed.
Re: Man In Tears After Being Scammed At Computer Village. Vid & Pics by iamademola(m): 10:31am On Sep 21, 2018
They tried this on me, thank God I didn't collect the phone, a police woman on mofty hint me with her eyes.

I used scope to tell the guy I wanna withdraw from the atm..i picked race.

Someone might have hint that guy ,he didn't just notice .those guys are well known in c. village.
Re: Man In Tears After Being Scammed At Computer Village. Vid & Pics by Nobody: 10:33am On Sep 21, 2018
I've been there done that, I learnt the hard way!

deal with those urchins at your peril!
Re: Man In Tears After Being Scammed At Computer Village. Vid & Pics by jebbajeff(m): 10:34am On Sep 21, 2018
Wow ok
Re: Man In Tears After Being Scammed At Computer Village. Vid & Pics by felinko(m): 10:36am On Sep 21, 2018
HAhahahahahah grin grin grin >: chai sorry. In dis 2018 ur eyes never open.plus greediness kee u
Re: Man In Tears After Being Scammed At Computer Village. Vid & Pics by crafteck(m): 10:37am On Sep 21, 2018
justtoodark:

lagos...wetin is so special about lagos....?....people scam each other all over the world....lagos is nothing special.....

Not about being special, point is no matter how smart you are, there's always someone smarter
Re: Man In Tears After Being Scammed At Computer Village. Vid & Pics by deebrownneymar: 10:38am On Sep 21, 2018
I have experienced something quite similar at that same notorious computer village years ago. I wanted to buy a used BB Q5 for 35k but after handing the cash to the cursed guy he returned the money to me saying he changed his mind to sell. what was stuffed in-between were 10 naira notes. I spent every dime still. lol.
Re: Man In Tears After Being Scammed At Computer Village. Vid & Pics by spenca: 10:38am On Sep 21, 2018
At least you got your phone and 500 Naira back
Re: Man In Tears After Being Scammed At Computer Village. Vid & Pics by fokusmind: 10:39am On Sep 21, 2018
justtoodark:
look foolishness....why didnt he immediatly check it....??

nobody can scam you if you dont trust nobody....
First they will create a commotion giving you n impression that you were trying to buy stolen item, beat the other guy and ask everybody to disappear before you are arrested. Basically you have to rush and collect your cash. Just thinking of a method they can use.
Re: Man In Tears After Being Scammed At Computer Village. Vid & Pics by boyjo: 10:39am On Sep 21, 2018
Gallantchrist:
They even gave him back his phone

Them pity am sef..those boiz eh�

Like, seriously.
Re: Man In Tears After Being Scammed At Computer Village. Vid & Pics by Nobody: 10:42am On Sep 21, 2018
Olalan:
Those guys there are not different from thieves.......
BTW in this age don't think anybody should be doing business with those street urchins there....if you need anything walk into a shop don't even allow them direct you.
and there is Slot in that place oooo. Smh
Re: Man In Tears After Being Scammed At Computer Village. Vid & Pics by Tonymegabush1(m): 10:50am On Sep 21, 2018
BluntBoy:

Scammers may be reading this post of yours. Now, they know your secret grin

I even what them to read it and know more about I understand their way, how can you find ur self in motor park and agberos will be drag your bag with you and you stand there like a zombie ar the end you begin add stories that touch..... Ppl needs to wise up many Criminal Minds, if I show you pics of what burglars didn't my entrance door you will shock but how God would have it I was smarter bcus the door was locked in a way you can't open it from outside if not i would be counting my losses
Re: Man In Tears After Being Scammed At Computer Village. Vid & Pics by felinko(m): 10:51am On Sep 21, 2018
Gallantchrist:
They even gave him back his phone

Them pity am sef..those boiz eh�
Exactly he shud b glad he got his fone.na just #9500 him lost.
Re: Man In Tears After Being Scammed At Computer Village. Vid & Pics by Didcot: 10:52am On Sep 21, 2018
Smh

People still fall for crap like this? lol.
Re: Man In Tears After Being Scammed At Computer Village. Vid & Pics by jutoda: 10:53am On Sep 21, 2018
grin grin grin him sef want cheap thing...ole.

Get Proven Step-by-Step Strategy to Be A Google Adwords Certified Professional in 2 Weeks

The importance of Google Analytics and Google AdWords has grown in leaps and bounds over the years. Today, any online marketer who wishes to transcend the search engine rankings has to make use of these two services offered by Google. And for good reason too. Google may have tweaked its algorithm far too many times for the average marketer to keep up but there is no denying that Google itself provides the tools for them to get to the top.

Become Adwords Certified in Just 2 Weeks to Help Secure Your Next Interview, Promotion or Client!

About the Adwords Certification

The Google AdWords Certification is a professional accreditation that Google offers to individuals who demonstrate proficiency in basic and advanced aspects of AdWords.

Now is a great time to GET CERTIFIED!

Requirements

• Be willing to do 2 days of dedicated study - not months
• No work experience required to take the exam or this course
• Must be knowledgeable in Digital Media Marketing

Other Certifications for Digital Marketers Available

• Facebook Blueprint Certification
• Hubspot Content Marketing Certification
• You Tube Certification
• Hubspot Inbound Sales Certification
• Google Analytics Certification

Re: Man In Tears After Being Scammed At Computer Village. Vid & Pics by ify1237: 11:04am On Sep 21, 2018
justtoodark:
look foolishness....why didnt he immediatly check it....??

nobody can scam you if you dont trust nobody....
Re: Man In Tears After Being Scammed At Computer Village. Vid & Pics by Jokerman(m): 11:04am On Sep 21, 2018
Any first timer in the computer must have been scammed except you go with person wey sabi them...
Re: Man In Tears After Being Scammed At Computer Village. Vid & Pics by BrokenCock: 11:08am On Sep 21, 2018
The worst set of ppl to do business with ba yoruba ppl!! I, miss yeti Tolu don talk am !!!i grew up thinking it's the Igbos but yrs have shown that it is the yorubazzzz, from tailoring to car repairs to importation.

In Nigeria,if u wanna do biz, locate either an igbo man (not boy oh) or a muslim northerner.

Oya mk ona crucify me, truth is like alomo
Re: Man In Tears After Being Scammed At Computer Village. Vid & Pics by ChiefAzubuikeh(f): 11:13am On Sep 21, 2018
Number one mistake you made was buying from roadside sellers

#2 was accepting to collect a money back after you've given the seller. That's one mistake you should never make in computer village. Once you accept anything back be it phone or money, you have been duped already. If they give you a phone and you see its working fine, don't make the mistake of answering him when he tells you to bring it so he can package it for you. Or when he tells you to take back your money that he's no longer selling, please return nothing to him.

Those guys have a special way of sensing gentility in you. If dem don look your face dem go know say this one na swegbe and would be easy to harass. So you have to be very rugged, vigilant and put some fear into them. They will think twice before trying nonsense.

Its a lesson learnt anyways. Take heart.

4 Likes

Re: Man In Tears After Being Scammed At Computer Village. Vid & Pics by ruboy(m): 11:17am On Sep 21, 2018
i agree with u... those guys have even stepped up their business, some go to the extent of using charm
ikeno:

you shouldn't casticate the victim as the modus operandi of those street urchins will scare you that you won't have time to check your money.
beside,some of us have been scammed in one way or the other that's why we keep learning from other people's experience.
like you said,such a scam is not new to you but could be new to someone else
Re: Man In Tears After Being Scammed At Computer Village. Vid & Pics by nosirud: 11:22am On Sep 21, 2018
I had a similar experience, sometime closed to xmass period, there is a popular and a most expensive samsung which I priced 6500 as a cheap price. The guy mounted a fair of police at me so dat he can executed is plan in a private place, immediely we exchange phone with money, in a seconds d guy come back and said I should bring the phone back that one police is looking at us, which I did and after some minute he return the phone back to me but was wrap with white handachief telling me not to open it cos of police. After he left, I discover the phone had turn to 3310 Nokia and was package with fufu. I tot av gotten their trick, after some month later I still go and patronized them, but this time they used another trick to scam me with police involved. Pls don't even go near dem cos some of them used juju
Re: Man In Tears After Being Scammed At Computer Village. Vid & Pics by ubox: 11:32am On Sep 21, 2018
DeeTweenie:
This are the kind of things i read that made me never visited the so called computer village.

so many atrocities there..

Sorry apprentice, next time be sharp
You deal with stores not the street people then ure good to go
Re: Man In Tears After Being Scammed At Computer Village. Vid & Pics by Ilajeboy(m): 11:39am On Sep 21, 2018
Ó sì ní bodija, nibo, ẹ̀kọ́ lọ wà...... Ure not in bodija, ure in Lagos
Re: Man In Tears After Being Scammed At Computer Village. Vid & Pics by Btruth: 11:40am On Sep 21, 2018
..... why not go into the shop to make a deal?
Re: Man In Tears After Being Scammed At Computer Village. Vid & Pics by ikeno(m): 11:41am On Sep 21, 2018
ruboy:
i agree with u... those guys have even stepped up their business, some go to the extent of using charm
lol,the reason why they keep scamming people is because those that patronize them are greedy, thinking they are getting a real deal at a cheaper rate.

someone on NL,was lamenting on hw a data dealer scammed him.funny enough,the same guy was telling the dealer that his own price was extremely cheaper from others he usually patronize and still went ahead to purchase from him and he was scammer.

so, greediness is part of the reason why most people are scammed

1 Like

Re: Man In Tears After Being Scammed At Computer Village. Vid & Pics by dotedote: 11:42am On Sep 21, 2018
You don't wanna be a victim.
The speed with which the "real owner" comes with a scary aggressiveness would make you forget remembering to count that which you've managed to get back from them.
It's called "Owo Indonesia"
Indonesian Money.

quote author=justtoodark post=71384913]look foolishness....why didnt he immediatly check it....??

nobody can scam you if you dont trust nobody....[/quote]
Re: Man In Tears After Being Scammed At Computer Village. Vid & Pics by akdjr(m): 12:01pm On Sep 21, 2018
Imagine if those guys were cut and Lynch now people will be defending them by saying politician that stole billions are walking freely.
Re: Man In Tears After Being Scammed At Computer Village. Vid & Pics by Mizwisdom(f): 12:04pm On Sep 21, 2018
The guys that duped this man heartlessly will still blame politicians for this. May God help us

Need books?
contact me via orderbooksng@gmail.com
Re: Man In Tears After Being Scammed At Computer Village. Vid & Pics by Mizwisdom(f): 12:06pm On Sep 21, 2018
BrokenCock:
The worst set of ppl to do business with ba yoruba ppl!! I, miss yeti Tolu don talk am !!!i grew up thinking it's the Igbos but yrs have shown that it is the yorubazzzz, from tailoring to car repairs to importation.

In Nigeria,if u wanna do biz, locate either an igbo man (not boy oh) or a muslim northerner.

Oya mk ona crucify me, truth is like alomo

Most people trading in computer village are Igbos.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Timothy Adegoke Death: 12 More Facts Emerge - Vanguard For The Truth Foundation / Two Nigerians Arrested For Armed Robbery Near Ghana's Presidential Palace. Photo / Two Kidnapped Lagos Teenagers Dumped Near River In Ogun

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.