Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,838 members, 7,810,220 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:32 AM

Prominent Senators Who May Not Return In 2019, 9th Assembly - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Prominent Senators Who May Not Return In 2019, 9th Assembly (40956 Views)

Five Nigerian Senators Who Support Social Media Regulation / Missing In Action: Senators Who Will Be Missed In The 9th Assembly / Top Five Senators Who Are Not Returning To The Red Chamber(pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Prominent Senators Who May Not Return In 2019, 9th Assembly by Penaldo: 8:01pm On Sep 21, 2018
The National Assembly is the legislative arm of the federal government with two(2) houses, vizaviz the Senate, also known as the Upper House, and the House of Representative, also known as the lower house.

As the race for 2019 legislative elections heats up, The Observers Times highlight some members of the Senate that may not return in the 9th National Assembly.

Senator Bukar Abba Ibrahim

In Yobe state, Senator Buka Abba Ibrahim, a former governor of the state, is one of the first casualty due to the interest of Governor Ibrahim Gaidam to to transmute into Yobe East in the Senate, a position currently held by Senator Ibrahim. There have been report of clashes between supporters of both strongmen in the northeastern state, and a reportedly decision of Senator Ibrahim to step down his ambition for Gaidam and vacate a position he has held on to since 2007.

Senator Ahmed Sani Yerima

The likelihood of Senator Ahmed Sani Yerima of Zamfara state to return to the Senate for a consecutive 4th term is very slim with the interest of Zamfara state Governor,Abdulaziz Yari to seek election to the Senate. Yari has made it clear that he wants to dipose his erstwhile godfather, while Yerima has reportedly decided not to seek another term in office.

Senator David Mark

If the decision of Senator David Mark, a two time former president of the Senate to focus solely on his presidential bid, it will be end of an era for the most ranked Senator. Senator Mark is said to have decided to step down as Senator representing Zone C in Benue state to run for the office of the President in 2019.

Senator Barnabas Gemade

Senator Barnabas Gamade of Benue Zone A, who recently purchased the nomination form of SDP may as well return home in 2019 owing to the popularity of former Governor Gabriel Suswam and the Peoples Democratic Party in the state. Moreso, Gamade, who defeated Suswam in 2015, is considered too old to return to the office he currently occupies, he is also faulted by many as being complicit during the trying times that the state faced due to the ravaging Fulani herdsmen as many interpret his silence as lack of show of empathy.

Senator Hope Uzodima,

The recent declaration of Governor Rochas Okorocha may have sealed the fate of Senator Hope Uzodima of Imo West. Rochas, who is in firm control of the APC in Imo state has vowed to retire Senator Hope from politics in 2019.

Senator Olarenwaju Tejuosho

Like Uzodima, Senator Tejuosho of Ogun central may have to seek alternative platform if he is to return to the National Assembly as Senator. Already, Governor Ibikunle Amosun has issued him red card because he is interested to return to the position, a seat he vacated in 2007.

Adesoji Akanbi of Oyo South

Senator Adesoji Akanbi of Oyo south is having sleepless night as the office he cherished so dear slips away from his palms. The interest of Governor Ajibola Ajimobi has sent fears to the camp of the Senator, Except the Ibadan born senator run under another platform, his ambition to return to the senate in 2019 is as good as thwarted.

Senator Ben Bruce

For Senator Ben Bruce of Bayelsa East, whose constituency have existing rotation policy of rotating the office among the local government that makes up the district every four years, he may kiss his seat goodbye.

Senator Shehu Sani

With the running battle Senator Shehu Sani is having with his Governor, Nasir Elrufai, who has vowed to replace him with his Political Adviser, Uba Sani, Kaduna central may have a new senator in 2019.

Senator Abdullahi Adamu

With the running battle that Senator Abdullahi Adamu of Nasarawa West is having with Governor Tanko Almakura, and the insistence of the Governor to replace Adamu with one of his loyalists, 2019 may spell an end to the man that was once powerbloc in the entire Nasarawa state during his reign as Governor.

http://www.observerstimes.com/news/prominent-senators-who-may-not-return-in-2019/

1 Share

Re: Prominent Senators Who May Not Return In 2019, 9th Assembly by Samade7: 8:14pm On Sep 21, 2018
Dem don get another means of stealing be dat.

3 Likes

Re: Prominent Senators Who May Not Return In 2019, 9th Assembly by Nobody: 9:06pm On Sep 21, 2018
What about the most wanted senator....??

1 Like

Re: Prominent Senators Who May Not Return In 2019, 9th Assembly by Almaiga: 9:26pm On Sep 21, 2018
Let me watch from the sidelines, as things unfold.

5 Likes

Re: Prominent Senators Who May Not Return In 2019, 9th Assembly by BUHARIISCURSED(m): 9:32pm On Sep 21, 2018
grin
Re: Prominent Senators Who May Not Return In 2019, 9th Assembly by Suko110(m): 9:34pm On Sep 21, 2018
After 8yrs as governor, straight to Senate, and so the recycling begins...years goes by no new thing cus they are same old ducks

3 Likes

Re: Prominent Senators Who May Not Return In 2019, 9th Assembly by ambrosedmax(m): 9:47pm On Sep 21, 2018
They should give room to others as well, rotate the government! undecided

1 Like

Re: Prominent Senators Who May Not Return In 2019, 9th Assembly by olufalaye: 9:48pm On Sep 21, 2018
It's so worrisome when senate positions has become retirement for out going governors.

Meanwhile

Pls I will make this brief, am student of estate management, I recently loose my part time job due to expiration of contract.
My only concern is that I needed to pay my tuition fee for my final semester, which is 80.300 naira.

I have a pay later app am running to borrow to sustain when I was working, I think I can borrow up to 25k there now, all I needed is 55k to complete this tuition fee.

Pls help me don't let me loose all I've suffered for 5 years just because of this last payment, I only have till Monday.
Pls I have no parent. so that's never an option for me.
All necessary information is with me to confirm this claim. I can even send my school login details to whoever is willing to help my account details is on my profile and contact.
Thanks
Pls save my life.

2 Likes

Re: Prominent Senators Who May Not Return In 2019, 9th Assembly by ashacot: 9:48pm On Sep 21, 2018
Senator DINO will definitely not come back. APC will do everything to stop him from coming back.

11 Likes

Re: Prominent Senators Who May Not Return In 2019, 9th Assembly by Femijohn198: 9:50pm On Sep 21, 2018
senator Dino melaye

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Prominent Senators Who May Not Return In 2019, 9th Assembly by Teewhy2: 9:51pm On Sep 21, 2018
Op are you saying that senator Bukola Saraki has secretly collected nomination and express of interest form as a senator as well because I was expecting you to add his name, Because he has declared he is going for the seat of the president.
In as much as I don't like some senators that has turn the place as their home, can some people help ask why will someone who has been a senator before take over as governor and after 8 years want to go back again to the Senate, is that not cockroach eyes or na only their family them do the place for?

2 Likes

Re: Prominent Senators Who May Not Return In 2019, 9th Assembly by hardywaltz(m): 9:51pm On Sep 21, 2018
Dino (duh not prominent)

1 Like

Re: Prominent Senators Who May Not Return In 2019, 9th Assembly by englishmart(m): 9:52pm On Sep 21, 2018
Bukola saraki will return o. Abi him go don be president by then? Lol.

1 Like

Re: Prominent Senators Who May Not Return In 2019, 9th Assembly by Maestro07(m): 9:53pm On Sep 21, 2018
All i want is for dat ancestor ruling us should step down... Shikina
#BackToDaura2019
Re: Prominent Senators Who May Not Return In 2019, 9th Assembly by Karrisleo(m): 9:53pm On Sep 21, 2018
Culatee5:
I have winning ticket available for pay after winning...

WhatsApp if interested-081-30-38-88-58
punish you, Awon scammer

2 Likes

Re: Prominent Senators Who May Not Return In 2019, 9th Assembly by waveman2: 9:53pm On Sep 21, 2018
[/b]Senator Ben Bruce

For Senator Ben Bruce of Bayelsa East, whose constituency have existing rotation policy of rotating the office among the local government that makes up the district every four years, he may kiss his seat goodbye.[b]

I like this constituency.Nobody will take that seat has his inheritance.

2 Likes

Re: Prominent Senators Who May Not Return In 2019, 9th Assembly by iykecicero: 9:53pm On Sep 21, 2018
I thought Sen. Shehu Sani had sense. I never knew it’s all empty skull covered by voluminous Afro hair.

3 Likes

Re: Prominent Senators Who May Not Return In 2019, 9th Assembly by Aldebaran(m): 9:54pm On Sep 21, 2018
The Bruised Bruce...

The Twitter senator cheesy
Re: Prominent Senators Who May Not Return In 2019, 9th Assembly by naijjaman(m): 9:55pm On Sep 21, 2018
I don't lose sleep over the fate of Nigerian politicians.
They are a bunch of looters who really don't care about the average Nigerian.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Prominent Senators Who May Not Return In 2019, 9th Assembly by Collyno82(m): 9:55pm On Sep 21, 2018
Culatee5:
I have winning ticket available for pay after winning...

WhatsApp if interested-081-30-38-88-58
go borrow money play it,,, don't u want to be rich

8 Likes

Re: Prominent Senators Who May Not Return In 2019, 9th Assembly by alabi484(m): 9:55pm On Sep 21, 2018
Age limits and even past records should be set as one of the criteria to keep contesting for offices
Re: Prominent Senators Who May Not Return In 2019, 9th Assembly by vecman22(m): 9:55pm On Sep 21, 2018
ashacot:
Senator DINO will definitely not come back. APC will do everything to stop him from coming back.

I can bet on this one
Re: Prominent Senators Who May Not Return In 2019, 9th Assembly by ipobarecriminals: 9:56pm On Sep 21, 2018
cool sad wetin dat useless thieves Gbenga Ashafa /olamilekan Adeola(native of Ognn state) going to do there again? If pd pig dancing Hippo win Mod should ban me here
Re: Prominent Senators Who May Not Return In 2019, 9th Assembly by alabi484(m): 9:56pm On Sep 21, 2018
olufalaye:
It's so worrisome when senate positions has become retirement for out going governors.

Meanwhile

Pls I will make this brief, am student of estate management, I recently loose my part time job due to expiration of contract.
My only concern is that I needed to pay my tuition fee for my final semester, which is 80.300 naira.

I have a pay later app am running to borrow to sustain when I was working, I think I can borrow up to 25k there now, all I needed is 55k to complete this tuition fee.

Pls help me don't let me loose all I've suffered for 5 years just because of this last payment, I only have till Monday.
All necessary information is with me to confirm this claim. I can even send my school login details to whoever is willing to help my account details is on my profile and contact.
Thanks
Pls save my life.

Are you a student at mapoly? grin
Re: Prominent Senators Who May Not Return In 2019, 9th Assembly by alabi484(m): 9:57pm On Sep 21, 2018
olufalaye:

Meanwhile

Thanks
Pls save my life.

Are you a student at mapoly? grin[i][/i]
Re: Prominent Senators Who May Not Return In 2019, 9th Assembly by kindnyce(m): 9:58pm On Sep 21, 2018
Dino Melaye.
He has kissed the seat goodbye

1 Like

Re: Prominent Senators Who May Not Return In 2019, 9th Assembly by adonismuller(m): 9:58pm On Sep 21, 2018
What about Saraki
Re: Prominent Senators Who May Not Return In 2019, 9th Assembly by EmirAbj: 9:59pm On Sep 21, 2018
Amosun Coming Back To Senate After Spending Eight Years As Governor And Four Years As Senate ....Well This Is Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Prominent Senators Who May Not Return In 2019, 9th Assembly by Chine12(m): 9:59pm On Sep 21, 2018
Senator Andy Ubah from Anambra under Apc to be replaced by either ifeanyi uba or Bianca Ojukwu of Apga

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (Reply)

PDP Rally In Ibadan (pictures) / Amaechi Accused Of Stealing £500million - Dailymail Uk / Photos Of Fayose At Inauguration Of Atiku/Obi PDP Presidential Campaign In Ekiti

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.