Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,193 members, 7,822,026 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 02:15 AM

Foreigners Not Involved In Nigeria's Killings: French Envoy Contradicts Buhari - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreigners Not Involved In Nigeria's Killings: French Envoy Contradicts Buhari (421 Views)

Tinubu’s Background Claim At Chatham House Contradicts Sworn Affidavit To INEC / Ahmad Lawan: I Am Not Involved In N-Power Job Racketeering / I Don’t Believe Foreigners Are Involved In Nigeria’s Killings – French Envoy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Foreigners Not Involved In Nigeria's Killings: French Envoy Contradicts Buhari by centoke30(m): 10:28pm On Sep 21, 2018
Denys Gauer, outgoing French ambassador to Nigeria, says he does not believe that foreigners are involved in the killings across the country.
The French’s envoy position contradicts that of President Muhammadu Buhari.
Buhari had said that the killings are as a result of the influx of mercenaries from the Sahel region.
“It has always been there, but now made worse by the influx of armed gunmen from the Sahel region into different parts of the West African sub-region,” the president had said when Justin Welby, archbishop of Canterbury, visited him in London back in April.
But speaking with journalists on Friday in Abuja, Gauer said impunity is encouraging the killings in the country and those responsible must be punished.
The envoy spoke to journalists in commemoration of the 2018 French National Day.
“The reason for the killings is demography; some people are fighting for land, so there must be direct policy to develop agriculture and animal husbandry,” he said.
“I think impunity is encouraging the killings and those responsible must be punished. I don’t believe foreigners are involved in the killings.
“The second is justice. When there is that kind of killing, there must be proper prosecution and perpetrators must be properly sentenced. If that does not happen then, it cannot end.”

Re: Foreigners Not Involved In Nigeria's Killings: French Envoy Contradicts Buhari by Righteousness89(m): 10:36pm On Sep 21, 2018
The Killings are Strategic, Deliberate and a Well Planned......
It's a well Orchestrated Action..

They Know Themselves..
They Have their Sympathizers ...
Re: Foreigners Not Involved In Nigeria's Killings: French Envoy Contradicts Buhari by omowolewa: 10:38pm On Sep 21, 2018
He waited too long before saying his mind

If the cause of problem is not defined, the solution is not in sight. Sentiments and politicking should not shape our reasoning always
Re: Foreigners Not Involved In Nigeria's Killings: French Envoy Contradicts Buhari by MarketingAce(m): 10:44pm On Sep 21, 2018
Words coming out from a man with a living brain. Unlike my fellow docile countrypeople. Come 2019, I'll rather vote for someone that'll steal my money and not one useless president like that, that will in the name of integrity consume my life.

1 Like

Re: Foreigners Not Involved In Nigeria's Killings: French Envoy Contradicts Buhari by mrbaba18(m): 10:50pm On Sep 21, 2018
Bt buhari said dy are 4rm Mali abeg can anytng gud cum out 4rm apc

(1) (Reply)

PDP reject Inec’s Declaration Of Osun Governorship Election As Inconclusive / Must Read! Black Men Built White House, U.S Capitol, And Statue Of Freedom / Davido With Senator Adeleke

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.