Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,429 members, 7,850,513 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 11:46 PM

Nigeria Bows To Fifa, Nff Apologises To Jonathan - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria Bows To Fifa, Nff Apologises To Jonathan (616 Views)

Senator Akpan Bows To Greet Saraki (Photo) / Buhari Bows To Pressure From Dasuki / Open Letter To Jonathan: Asari Dokubo Replies Obasanjo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria Bows To Fifa, Nff Apologises To Jonathan by Nobody: 11:14pm On Jul 06, 2010
On Monday, The Federal Government lifted the two-year ban it placed on the Super Eagles and other national teams from participating in international football competitions.

The decision was announced after a meeting between President Goodluck Jonathan and the management of the Nigeria Football Federation in Abuja.

The government had on Wednesday withdrawn the national football teams from global events after the Eagles were knocked out in the first round of the ongoing World Cup in South Africa.

Although the decision drew mixed reactions in the country, FIFA threatened to suspend Nigeria indefinitely if the Federal Government failed to lift the ban.

In spite of a query to Nigeria by the world soccer body, the Minister of Sports, Alhaji Ibrahim Bio, stressed that Nigeria’s sovereignty was more “paramount” than FIFA statutes. He also likened the problems in the football sector in Nigeria to cancer.

Re: Nigeria Bows To Fifa, Nff Apologises To Jonathan by mamagee3(f): 11:20pm On Jul 06, 2010
What's this nonsense going on with Goodluck Jonathan? undecided

I think it's time Jonathan bans those losers already, ignore FIFA jonathan and move on with your decision already.

Where was FIFA when Nigerians were shamed? angry
Re: Nigeria Bows To Fifa, Nff Apologises To Jonathan by Osama10(m): 1:03am On Jul 07, 2010
So whats the need of banning them if he can't stand by his words?

Uncle Jo be a man and stand by each decision you make in life.
Re: Nigeria Bows To Fifa, Nff Apologises To Jonathan by Nobody: 12:28pm On Jul 07, 2010
President Good Luck said that "Facebook influenced my U-turn on national teams’

Re: Nigeria Bows To Fifa, Nff Apologises To Jonathan by monkeyleg: 1:16pm On Jul 07, 2010
GJ decision was flawed in the first place. I wonder who is advicers are. This should never have been allowed to happen. Saying that though, he has done a very brave and honorable thing by recognising his mistake and corrrecting it. It is very refreshing to see.

GJ just make sure you seek wise advise before you rush off and open your mouth, only to find that you will be eating your words not long after.
Re: Nigeria Bows To Fifa, Nff Apologises To Jonathan by Kobojunkie: 2:56pm On Jul 07, 2010
If that is really the president's office, he needs to fire the internal designer. My gosh!!!
Re: Nigeria Bows To Fifa, Nff Apologises To Jonathan by Nobody: 2:22pm On Jul 08, 2010
Kobojunkie:

If that is really the president's office, he needs to fire the internal designer. My gosh!!!

It is not the fault of the internal designer. that is how he was told to do the job.

(1) (Reply)

Who Gets Paid What In The Obama White House / Nchara: Yorubas Can Contest 2011 / Puberty And Legal Age “confuse” Some Older Men

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.