Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,383 members, 7,829,994 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 02:39 PM

Chimamanda Adichie: Bride Price Should Be Abolished, I'm Not A Fan Of It - Literature (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Chimamanda Adichie: Bride Price Should Be Abolished, I'm Not A Fan Of It (29653 Views)

“I Don’t Want To Be Responsible For Traumatising Children” - Chimamanda Adichie / Chimamanda Adichie: I Was Sexually Harassed By Media Man Who Squeezed My Breast / Ivara Esege, Chimamanda Adichie's Husband, Pictured With Her Brother, Kene (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Chimamanda Adichie: Bride Price Should Be Abolished, I'm Not A Fan Of It by dannybomb(m): 12:39pm On Sep 29, 2018
Simplep:
Ok o grin
what's your name princess
Re: Chimamanda Adichie: Bride Price Should Be Abolished, I'm Not A Fan Of It by Ndipe(m): 3:04am On Oct 02, 2018
Calling for the abolishment of OSU in Iboland should take precedence over eradicating brideprice. I find it quite ironic that Adichie is in America advocating for feminism and women's rights without railing publicly against OSU which is endemic in her own Ibo culture. Charity begins at home.
Re: Chimamanda Adichie: Bride Price Should Be Abolished, I'm Not A Fan Of It by Ndipe(m): 5:48am On Jun 02, 2019
Its just symbolic.
Re: Chimamanda Adichie: Bride Price Should Be Abolished, I'm Not A Fan Of It by spiceybae(f): 4:06pm On Jun 02, 2019
u r nt a fan of it does nt mean it shud b abolish...who u epp sef..so we shud go by ur dictates,as d President general of d whole world dat u are?
Re: Chimamanda Adichie: Bride Price Should Be Abolished, I'm Not A Fan Of It by odikomo1(m): 1:59pm On Oct 11, 2019
LZAA:

In prison u will see both the guilty and some innocent
Will u not?
No sane society discards tradition
Moggi tried it wen he was ceo of juve and ordered games to be played wen italy was mourning pope john paul
Within a year the wire taps the police placed on his phones were used to destroy him.
Chi herself said her father collected 10 kobo
The price itself is symbolic
Tradition makes u who u are
As long as it does not lead to murder,denial of opportunity and discrimination
It will and shall be maintained

As long.... ( well said! this aspect is lacking in our society today, that's why we are on the discussion). Thank you.
Re: Chimamanda Adichie: Bride Price Should Be Abolished, I'm Not A Fan Of It by TheShopKeeper(m): 3:05pm On Oct 11, 2019
...part of our culture and tradition...why do away with such a good thing when done with common sense...
Re: Chimamanda Adichie: Bride Price Should Be Abolished, I'm Not A Fan Of It by budaatum: 11:15am On Mar 02, 2021

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Twisted Love / Awaken: Divine Hunter / Getting A Life- Safarigirl

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.