Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,898 members, 7,821,127 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 08:41 AM

Aregbesola Took Osun People For Granted - Idahosa, APC Chieftain - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Aregbesola Took Osun People For Granted - Idahosa, APC Chieftain (1133 Views)

Osun People’s Mandate Beheaded By Judicial Magic – Shehu Sani Reacts / Saraki: Osun People Reclaimed PDP, Adeleke’s Stolen Mandate / Aregbesola Addresses Osun People On APC Primary Election (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Aregbesola Took Osun People For Granted - Idahosa, APC Chieftain by nairavsdollars(f): 8:41am On Sep 24, 2018
Chief Charles Idahosa, elder statesman and chieftain of the All Progressives Congress (APC), was a Commissioner for Information in Edo state. In this interview with TEMIDAYO AKINSUYI, he speaks on last weekend’s governorship election in Osun state, perspectives on the 2019 election and other issues. Excerpts:

Some analysts have said the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) got the upper hand in the just concluded Osun governorship election because the incumbent governor, Rauf Aregbesola took the people of the state for granted especially in terms of workers welfare. Do you also share that view?

I tend to agree that Governor Aregbesola must have taken the people for granted because during his reelection in 2014, the state was completely paralysed. The civil servants were on strike. In fact, the election took place while they were on strike and he won. So, there is a tendency for him to think that whether the workers are paid or not, he will be home and dry; that it is business as usual. But times have changed.

With a new date announced for the supplementary election, what do you think your party must do to emerge victorious?

We must face the reality on ground. I think the Osun election has taught us a big lesson which is the era of incumbency is gone. That an incumbent governor is contesting or wants to install a successor doesn’t really matter again. We have to call on the national chairman of our party, who coincidentally is from Edo state that we should put our heads together and look at all the problems within the party with a view to resolve them as quickly as we can. We have enough time to look at the 36 state chapters of the party, including the FCT, address the challenges so that we can settle down because what happened in Osun state at the weekend doesn’t look good to me. We really need to set up a proper reconciliation committee because in Osun I was told that the APC governorship candidate, Gboyega Oyetola is from the same Senatorial district with Aregbesola. I don’t know how far that is true but I think he didn’t really listen to the sensibilities of our people there who felt that there should be respect for the principles of zoning in the state. If that is correct, that is definitely a time bomb. So, I think we have a lot of work to do. We should not just assume that all is well because this is the last election before the general election next year. We really need to go back to the drawing board. Nobody should assume that he can do it alone.
https://independent.ng/osun-election-has-taught-apc-big-lesson-idahosa/

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Aregbesola Took Osun People For Granted - Idahosa, APC Chieftain by stalwart123(m): 8:44am On Sep 24, 2018
cool
Re: Aregbesola Took Osun People For Granted - Idahosa, APC Chieftain by Yambee: 8:46am On Sep 24, 2018
Rauf Aregbesola is pure evil.

There are States in Nigeria that owe their workers salaries,but Rauf took his own to a new dimension. This man caused a lot of pain and suffering.

There are two things Osun State voters should make sure they do. One is to make sure the APC is never voted into Power again at the State level,and two, a Muslim who might have the crazy ideologies of Ogbeni Rauf Aregbesola.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Aregbesola Took Osun People For Granted - Idahosa, APC Chieftain by uwa1(m): 8:47am On Sep 24, 2018
Don't mind oshiomhole, he always believe in vote buying, dirty political power play and mischief... He 'll never do things the right way...

1 Like

Re: Aregbesola Took Osun People For Granted - Idahosa, APC Chieftain by dukie25: 8:49am On Sep 24, 2018
Same thing they're doing in Lagos.
Re: Aregbesola Took Osun People For Granted - Idahosa, APC Chieftain by Sarkin: 8:51am On Sep 24, 2018
PDP can get osun if the people really want pdp.
But I must say that the satanic party must only use one term in osun then after it can go into extinction.
Re: Aregbesola Took Osun People For Granted - Idahosa, APC Chieftain by SadiqBabaSani: 8:54am On Sep 24, 2018
Sarkin:
But I must say that the satanic party must only use one term in osun then after it can go into extinction.
u re Mad?
Re: Aregbesola Took Osun People For Granted - Idahosa, APC Chieftain by ODUBEZE: 8:54am On Sep 24, 2018
There is something about APC and backwardness!

They still think that Nigerians are the people of old undecided

They forget so soon that the youth make up more that half of the population who are eager to liberate this country from these archaic leaders!

If this country really wants to move forward, people like Aregbesola, Tinubu, Buhari should be retired from politics ASAP

They practise a politics of greed!

Not paying salaries in this 21st century for over 2years

Nigerians are really roughed!

3 Likes

Re: Aregbesola Took Osun People For Granted - Idahosa, APC Chieftain by blackpanda: 8:55am On Sep 24, 2018
Sarkin:

Its not that they want PDP. Rather they are sick of aregbesola. He completely messed up
Re: Aregbesola Took Osun People For Granted - Idahosa, APC Chieftain by aolawale025: 9:08am On Sep 24, 2018
APC believes propaganda takes care of all

2 Likes

Re: Aregbesola Took Osun People For Granted - Idahosa, APC Chieftain by Hector09(m): 9:39am On Sep 24, 2018
They forgot that power belong to the people our politician are not fast learners, they should learn frm gaddafi and mugabe, they should stop taking the masses for granted, cus when the people decide to deal with u even ur police, inec or army can not save u even ur money we be useless, hope its nt too late for bello to change

1 Like

Re: Aregbesola Took Osun People For Granted - Idahosa, APC Chieftain by Racoon(m): 9:45am On Sep 24, 2018
Not only the Aregbejegbese man is paying the silly "Modulated salary". undecided undecided All Nigerian leaders @ all strata of leadership have long taken the populace for granted.
How it's wished that the masses will continue the "take it back" rejuvenation of the Nigerian state of good governance as the Osun people have kickstarted.

1 Like

Re: Aregbesola Took Osun People For Granted - Idahosa, APC Chieftain by Omeokachie: 9:50am On Sep 24, 2018
Arrogance of power was what resulted in the APC getting a bloody nose.
Re: Aregbesola Took Osun People For Granted - Idahosa, APC Chieftain by BeeBeeOoh(m): 9:53am On Sep 24, 2018
How could Rauf Aregbesola as a governor be receiving his full salary and all the allowances but, his people are receiving Hafusalary and he's not bothered?

Ogbeni Rauf is evil I swear

1 Like

Re: Aregbesola Took Osun People For Granted - Idahosa, APC Chieftain by hisexcellency34: 11:00am On Sep 24, 2018
I heard the party elders are the ones begging Ambode now after seeing the result in Osun

[Qquote author=dukie25 post=71475694]Same thing they're doing in Lagos. [/quote]

(1) (Reply)

Religious Leaders Involved In Politics Risk Losing Respect - Buhari / Buhari: I’m Very Disappointed In The Nigerian Media / We'll Continue Waiting At Melaye's House Until He Surrenders Himself, Say Police

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.