Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,309 members, 7,819,053 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:40 AM

Apple Finally Acquires Shazam For $400 Million - Phones (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Apple Finally Acquires Shazam For $400 Million (19892 Views)

See The 18 Karat Gold Iphone Case Drake Bought For $400,000 (n144m) / Adrian Wood's Teleology Finally Acquires 9mobile Network / Google Finally Acquires HTC, But It's Really Not What You Think. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Apple Finally Acquires Shazam For $400 Million by Bizibi(m): 10:48am On Sep 25, 2018
beckhart:

How do you know it was worth billions? The company wasn’t making any profit remember?
a company can be worth billions or a billion but when a company start having problems and no one is looking at their way,it can be bought less than the value.the problem might not be sales alone.....
Re: Apple Finally Acquires Shazam For $400 Million by Fellydonis(m): 10:54am On Sep 25, 2018
TechCapon:
I tell you but he will be pained that his work was left to die off like that. I feel it's because it's a black man's company. Otherwise why dump a company that was making profit ?
Must everything be racial? I see the Beats By Dre investment as a move by Apple to kill off competition and retain market monopoly rather than a racial bias. Dre made money all the same
Re: Apple Finally Acquires Shazam For $400 Million by JacksonOyibo: 11:07am On Sep 25, 2018
smiley
Re: Apple Finally Acquires Shazam For $400 Million by PotatoSalad(m): 11:20am On Sep 25, 2018
Bizibi:
I prefer Facebook,they buy and improve to make profits not killing the company,other companies will avoid Apple......
Apple died with Steve Jobs
Re: Apple Finally Acquires Shazam For $400 Million by AkpaMgbor(m): 11:34am On Sep 25, 2018
CHESTER48:
after android upgraded to 9.0. You can see the song playing without any app. Just using Google assistant. Apple now want to meet android and purchased an app. Called shazam. You have to open the app to know the song. While in android the phone just tells u the song even if your phone is locked and not using it. Apple can never ever compete android. Apple will die soon if another stronger company comes by
So much pride in ignorance..siri can tell you the song playing just like shazam...
Re: Apple Finally Acquires Shazam For $400 Million by Nobody: 12:09pm On Sep 25, 2018
TechCapon:
I tell you but he will be pained that his work was left to die off like that. I feel it's because it's a black man's company. Otherwise why dump a company that was making profit ?
ur not exposed
Re: Apple Finally Acquires Shazam For $400 Million by LuckyLadolce(m): 12:34pm On Sep 25, 2018
TechCapon:
that's also what I do all the time. That's how Apple bought Beats by Dr Dre headphone and now they've completely dumped the company. They released new sets of phones and produced their own airpods or wireless earphones. That's how Beats company just died.
they do that to kill start-ups that may pose threat to their market share. It's a strategy.
Re: Apple Finally Acquires Shazam For $400 Million by Olodo24: 1:04pm On Sep 25, 2018
krattoss:
I really hate whatever apple lays it's hands on because they re damn too strict and stingy..

Imagine if android have bought this, u I'll easily download ur favourite shazammed song with little or no restrictions right from the app.
Now with this apple acquisitions now, it I'll have to redirect u to the iTunes Store to go buy the song or music u shazammed embarassed

I ll rather note down the name and go search it on musicpleer tongue tongue
you've said it all. shazam users will just drop
Re: Apple Finally Acquires Shazam For $400 Million by Olodo24: 1:07pm On Sep 25, 2018
Mac2016:
That Shazam can never make profit with someone like me
My ears can naturally Shazam any music track
not when the singer has one soft accent whereby you won't be able to understand a full sentence from the lyrics
Re: Apple Finally Acquires Shazam For $400 Million by TechCapon(m): 1:08pm On Sep 25, 2018
Fellydonis:

Must everything be racial? I see the Beats By Dre investment as a move by Apple to kill off competition and retain market monopoly rather than a racial bias. Dre made money all the same
kill off competition? Then they should buy Sony, Bose, Bang and Olufsen that are making top class headphones and sound systems

1 Like

Re: Apple Finally Acquires Shazam For $400 Million by Mac2016(m): 1:29pm On Sep 25, 2018
Olodo24:
not why the singer has one soft accent whereby you won't be able to understand a full sentence from the lyrics

Lol. Unless the singer is not speaking English.
Re: Apple Finally Acquires Shazam For $400 Million by nams77: 1:36pm On Sep 25, 2018
TechCapon:
that's also what I do all the time. That's how Apple bought Beats by Dr Dre headphone and now they've completely dumped the company. They released new sets of phones and produced their own airpods or wireless earphones. That's how Beats company just died.
Apart from musicpleer, which other site can one download good music. Most times, when I try other sites, immediately I click download, it opens up as something else in another page. Only music pleer gives me what I want but sometimes, the music I want is not in their archive
Re: Apple Finally Acquires Shazam For $400 Million by Olodo24: 1:40pm On Sep 25, 2018
Mac2016:

Lol. Unless the singer is not speaking English.
lol.... may sound funny but I do not understand everything the lead actress in Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri was saying. I'm now searching for a version with subtitles
Re: Apple Finally Acquires Shazam For $400 Million by Olodo24: 1:42pm On Sep 25, 2018
nams77:

Apart from musicpleer, which other site can one download good music. Most times, when I try other sites, immediately I click download, it opens up as something else in another page. Only music pleer gives me what I want but sometimes, the music I want is not in their archive
songslover is great. There you'll get the hottest songs from every month and full tracks from every available album. just search for Everything is love By the Carters on their site and see the full tracks from the album. musicpleer is good but it has different versions of many songs

2 Likes

Re: Apple Finally Acquires Shazam For $400 Million by labanj1(m): 3:22pm On Sep 25, 2018
krattoss:
I really hate whatever apple lays it's hands on because they re damn too strict and stingy..

Imagine if android have bought this, u I'll easily download ur favourite shazammed song with little or no restrictions right from the app.
Now with this apple acquisitions now, it I'll have to redirect u to the iTunes Store to go buy the song or music u shazammed embarassed

You can use musixmatch.
Re: Apple Finally Acquires Shazam For $400 Million by nextstep(m): 3:58pm On Sep 25, 2018
krattoss:

Why do you not want to pay for music? It wasn't free to make. It cost studio time, equipment, engineering, backing vocals, editing, distribution. Even the people uploading it to their servers have to pay for data and hosting fees.

2 Likes

Re: Apple Finally Acquires Shazam For $400 Million by Priceless200(f): 4:41pm On Sep 25, 2018
lapazi:

It's a simple idea, buy out the competition and simply let it die slowly...that way your own product has monopoly in the market...I believe they will do same to Shazam.

But can't Dr Dre start another company with different name. Altogether?

Or even run it fronting someone else as the owner. Nonsense.

I hate Apple. My Shazam, best of Apps.
Re: Apple Finally Acquires Shazam For $400 Million by lapazi(m): 8:00pm On Sep 25, 2018
Priceless200:

But can't Dr Dre start another company with different name. Altogether?

Or even run it fronting someone else as the owner. Nonsense.

I hate Apple. My Shazam, best of Apps.

It's not just about selling the product, all intellectual rights are sold also, if he starts up anything similar to what he sold, apple will sue him and win.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How To Stop GLO And AIRTEL Auto-borrow Me Credit Service / SOCIAL MEDIA: Instagram Hides Number Of ‘likes’ On Post To Prevent Low Self / Get All Mobile Games And Apps Download Link Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.