Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,000 members, 7,859,585 topics. Date: Thursday, 13 June 2024 at 03:11 PM

Supreme Court Judgement that Upheld INEC Power to Declare Election Inconclusive - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Supreme Court Judgement that Upheld INEC Power to Declare Election Inconclusive (34181 Views)

Protest Breaks Out In Kano Over Judgement That Sacked Governor Yusuf / INEC’s Power To Return Candidate Dangerous — Wole Olanipekun / Deji Adeyanju Reacts To Supreme Court Judgement That Sacked Ihedioha As Governor (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Supreme Court Judgement that Upheld INEC Power to Declare Election Inconclusive by Emmafe(m): 8:34am On Sep 25, 2018

Check my signature for phone deals
Re: Supreme Court Judgement that Upheld INEC Power to Declare Election Inconclusive by Princedapace(m): 8:34am On Sep 25, 2018
Almaiga:
Op, thanks for digging out this to support the earlier decisions of the returning officer on Osun election. This has exonerate the INEC for it's decision to conduct a rerun.

Well, the question is why the selective judgment? And if APC was leading, would INEC have make such declaration?

The inec act said May be declared inconclusive.. That means Inec may or may not.

That means something is wrong with the inec act. The word may is terrible for such a sensitive issue..

2 Likes

Re: Supreme Court Judgement that Upheld INEC Power to Declare Election Inconclusive by itchie: 8:37am On Sep 25, 2018
So which court decision empowers INEC to reduce 1000 votes from a candidate's votes

1 Like

Re: Supreme Court Judgement that Upheld INEC Power to Declare Election Inconclusive by MyVILLAGEpeople(m): 8:38am On Sep 25, 2018
henchamb:
Even folks reading for bar finals won't read all.

Ayam telling you lool

So the OP expects me to read all that story
Re: Supreme Court Judgement that Upheld INEC Power to Declare Election Inconclusive by bishopkay: 8:41am On Sep 25, 2018
The zombies have all come out from their shells to shout. Hahaha

What a pummeling they've received this few days!

I don't blame them sha...if all our institutions in Nigeria weren't corrupt and full of sh1t, there's no way in hell Faleke wouldn't have won that case and the current fat pig would be governor there!

1 Like

Re: Supreme Court Judgement that Upheld INEC Power to Declare Election Inconclusive by dweedwee: 8:42am On Sep 25, 2018
Election matter no be here oo undecided lipsrsealed
Re: Supreme Court Judgement that Upheld INEC Power to Declare Election Inconclusive by bigtt76(f): 8:44am On Sep 25, 2018
INEC = Inconclusive National Electoral Commission cheesy cheesy cheesy grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Supreme Court Judgement that Upheld INEC Power to Declare Election Inconclusive by OgeFather(m): 8:45am On Sep 25, 2018
I was surprised when I heard that PDP has resolved to the court on osun election being inconclusive meaning the meeting between Saraki and Omisore was not in favour of PDP...well as a layman what do I know

For your Neat and professional CCTV,INVERTER And Automation jobs, see my signature thanks

1 Like

Re: Supreme Court Judgement that Upheld INEC Power to Declare Election Inconclusive by Minjim: 8:47am On Sep 25, 2018
Dpd cant just choose which law should apply to them.
When they win elections they hail Inec as protecting democracy, but when they lose they cry that Inec is corrupt and aiding Apc

3 Likes

Re: Supreme Court Judgement that Upheld INEC Power to Declare Election Inconclusive by nazablossom(f): 8:49am On Sep 25, 2018
Those that read the article deserves some accolades.
Re: Supreme Court Judgement that Upheld INEC Power to Declare Election Inconclusive by Minjim: 8:49am On Sep 25, 2018
Princedapace:

Well, the question is why the selective judgment? And if APC was leading, would INEC have make such declaration?

The inec act said May be declared inconclusive.. That means Inec may or may not.

That means something is wrong with the inec act. The word may is terrible for such a sensitive issue..

Apc was leading in Kogi and Inec made the decision. Why should this be different?

3 Likes

Re: Supreme Court Judgement that Upheld INEC Power to Declare Election Inconclusive by rottennaija(m): 8:50am On Sep 25, 2018
loomer:
me me wan read all these things because of Nigeria problem?

e possible

You should. It widens your horizon and broaden your outlook. I read it all, even before commenting and I enjoy it.

1 Like

Re: Supreme Court Judgement that Upheld INEC Power to Declare Election Inconclusive by rottennaija(m): 8:51am On Sep 25, 2018
Minjim:
Dpd cant just choose which law should apply to them.
When they win elections they hail Inec as protecting democracy, but when they lose they cry that Inec is corrupt and aiding Apc

That's how propaganda is done and how it works.

1 Like

Re: Supreme Court Judgement that Upheld INEC Power to Declare Election Inconclusive by kahal29: 8:51am On Sep 25, 2018
rottennaija:

You should. It widens your horizon and broaden your outlook. I read it all, even before commenting and I enjoy it.

Thank you my brother
Re: Supreme Court Judgement that Upheld INEC Power to Declare Election Inconclusive by rottennaija(m): 8:53am On Sep 25, 2018
bishopkay:
The zombies have all come out from their shells to shout. Hahaha

What a pummeling they've received this few days!

I don't blame them sha...if all our institutions in Nigeria weren't corrupt and full of sh1t, there's no way in hell Faleke wouldn't have won that case and the current fat pig would be governor there!

Corrupt institutions and full of sh1t? Who created and maintain the system that way? Who did it favor? Is it not pdp?

2 Likes

Re: Supreme Court Judgement that Upheld INEC Power to Declare Election Inconclusive by segebase(m): 8:53am On Sep 25, 2018
this epistle is as long as my DEEk
Re: Supreme Court Judgement that Upheld INEC Power to Declare Election Inconclusive by ehissi(m): 8:56am On Sep 25, 2018
Hhg
Re: Supreme Court Judgement that Upheld INEC Power to Declare Election Inconclusive by seunmsg(m): 8:58am On Sep 25, 2018
Metuh:

Read and understand, don't just write rubbish.

Polling booths where elections were not held because of INEC limitations is a different ball game to what happened in Osun State. Elections were held, voters were accredited and the results were voided not necessarily cancelled just like what we have with irregular thumbprints on ballots being discarded.

Those booths were supposed to be discarded and not be repeated.

I don't understand why people like you keep deceiving yourself. Cancelled votes are cancelled votes once INEC decides so. It is not for you or PDP to start defining what constitutes cancelled votes. Let me also correct your ignorant position on the kogi case, it wasn't a blanket case of election not holding due to INEC limitations. There were cases of violence, ballot box snatching, over voting and others. In Osun, it wasn't a blanket case as well. There was over voting in a unit, ballot box was snatched in another, an INEC official disappeared with collated result in another and violence also rocked another. So you see, they all qualified to be cancelled. If you have nothing intelligent to contribute other than troll my post, please desist from quoting my handle. I really do not fancy people who lack manners.

7 Likes

Re: Supreme Court Judgement that Upheld INEC Power to Declare Election Inconclusive by Butterflyleo: 8:59am On Sep 25, 2018
I encourage everyone to read the submission from the OP. It would help you in life. If not now, it would do so later.

The law is clear and the supreme court has already taken a stand on this issue of inec and powers given to her. PDP just wish to whip up sentiments in the face of the truth.

I remember when PMB said the Nations security comes first above rule of law many wanted to hang him for that truthful statement but today the same people who cried foul are the ones saying we should discard the rule of law because PDP was leading in the final results when there was no legal reason to declare Adeleke the winner in the face of the realities on ground.

PDP are serious hypocrites.

PDP knows they cannot win Osun and that's fact

5 Likes

Re: Supreme Court Judgement that Upheld INEC Power to Declare Election Inconclusive by Butterflyleo: 9:00am On Sep 25, 2018
seunmsg:

I don't understand why people like you keep deceiving yourself. Cancelled votes are cancelled votes once INEC decides so. It is not for you or PDP to start defining what constitutes cancelled votes. Let me also correct your ignorant position on the kogi case, it wasn't a blanket case of election not holding due to INEC limitations. There were cases of violence, ballot box snatching, over voting and others. In Osun, it wasn't a blanket case as well. There was over voting in a unit, ballot box was snatched in another, an INEC official disappeared with collated result in another and violence also rocked another. So you see, they all qualified to be cancelled. If you have nothing intelligent to contribute other than troll my post, please desist from quoting my handle. I really do not fancy people who lack manners.

You should know metuh by now. Just like the thief whose name he used for his handle, they are both irredeemable

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Supreme Court Judgement that Upheld INEC Power to Declare Election Inconclusive by Redendo(m): 9:03am On Sep 25, 2018
The problem with INEC is INCONSISTENCY! The bayelsa election between Timipre Silva and Governor Dickson was Never declared inconclusive, despite the fact that the margin of win was less than the total number of cancelled votes.Instead Governor Dickson was declared winner..Same scenario happened during the senatorial election of David mark and his major opponent..David mark was also declared winner with a total number of votes which was less than the total number of cancelled votes!...INCONSISTENCY is the watch word..... So in such situations whereby a certain law is not on same page with the Nigeria constitution, then the Nigeria constitution has the final say....

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Supreme Court Judgement that Upheld INEC Power to Declare Election Inconclusive by Moukandjo: 9:04am On Sep 25, 2018
Princedapace:

APC was leading here with a very wide margin & not just 300 votes, yet it was inconclusive!

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/193724-inec-declares-kogi-governorship-election-inconclusive.html

2 Likes

Re: Supreme Court Judgement that Upheld INEC Power to Declare Election Inconclusive by SpeedLimit(f): 9:05am On Sep 25, 2018
Racoon:
Yet this same judgement never find application in the recent Kogi by-election.Continue the selective justice but karma is real.
Go and tell that to the Supreme Court

2 Likes

Re: Supreme Court Judgement that Upheld INEC Power to Declare Election Inconclusive by morisnewrain(m): 9:06am On Sep 25, 2018
PFRB:
One justice alone does not give judgement in the supreme court.
You don't know law. Any decision of a supreme Court is a reference for the same case. That is why you hear in court they say in the case of...so...so...so and so.

1 Like

Re: Supreme Court Judgement that Upheld INEC Power to Declare Election Inconclusive by Moukandjo: 9:09am On Sep 25, 2018
Princedapace:

APC was leading here, yet it was declared inconclusive by INEC! What's your take?

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/193724-inec-declares-kogi-governorship-election-inconclusive.html

1 Like

Re: Supreme Court Judgement that Upheld INEC Power to Declare Election Inconclusive by bishopkay: 9:09am On Sep 25, 2018
rottennaija:

Corrupt institutions and full of sh1t? Who created and maintain the system that way? Who did it favor? Is it not pdp?
Re: Supreme Court Judgement that Upheld INEC Power to Declare Election Inconclusive by studentofTruth: 9:10am On Sep 25, 2018
The lawyer that advised PDP to head to court is only trying to make money from PDP. There's no case there. it's only INEC that can decide when election is concluded or not. if INEC tell you they have not concluded, going to court is only a waste of time and money as the court has no power to conclude an election for inec. When inec has concluded, they you can go to court to redress anomalies in the process of the said election.
The guyman lawyer just want to make some free money out of the poor desperate party. it's their way. in fact it's the way the world works. Con whoever you can and collect his money and look for the next person.
Re: Supreme Court Judgement that Upheld INEC Power to Declare Election Inconclusive by Boyooosa(m): 9:12am On Sep 25, 2018
But there was a place I read 'if the number of distorted votes is more than the legitimate votes' or something...but reverse is the case of osun na.
Law self, e no dey finish embarassed

Modified* I think its the difference BTW the votes against the distorted votes...
Thursday loading anyway
Re: Supreme Court Judgement that Upheld INEC Power to Declare Election Inconclusive by LadyExcellency: 9:15am On Sep 25, 2018
senatordave1:

Its actually you that is being misled.inec inec is telling you that elections were cancelled there,what is your problem? Do you know more than inec? Or are you an excellency for nothing

Please define cancellation and tell us where it's applicable in these circumstances.

Void ballot
Over voting
No election
Ballot box snatching
Result alterations

Again, what does circumstantial compliance means to you. What percentage of perfection?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Supreme Court Judgement that Upheld INEC Power to Declare Election Inconclusive by tallfish145(m): 9:20am On Sep 25, 2018
This is grammar.Insightful though

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Ebubeagu Killings In Awomama: Nnamdi Kanu's Brother Reacts (Video, Pix) / Court Summon: Why Tompolo Cannot Afford To Dare The State / No Group Has A Right To Ask A Section Of The Country To Leave - Presidency

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.