Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,763 members, 7,820,667 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:04 PM

Pastor Okotie Blasts Jonathan Over Soccer Ban Reversal - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Pastor Okotie Blasts Jonathan Over Soccer Ban Reversal (4970 Views)

Court Orders Papers Served On Jonathan Over Qualification For 2015 / It’s Time To Vote Out ‘I Will Do President’ – Amaechi Blasts Jonathan / Gbenga Adeyinka Mocks Jonathan Over N10 Fuel Price Reduction (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pastor Okotie Blasts Jonathan Over Soccer Ban Reversal by anitabest(f): 12:29pm On Jul 08, 2010
tank God he is not even the president.
Re: Pastor Okotie Blasts Jonathan Over Soccer Ban Reversal by DejiYesufu(m): 12:31pm On Jul 08, 2010
Okotie has spoken my mind, however with better grammar. Our govt. has only shown it true character, albiet in the public glare of the whole world. They never should have banned the eagles: you do not throw out the baby with the bath water.
Re: Pastor Okotie Blasts Jonathan Over Soccer Ban Reversal by oisehumen(m): 12:36pm On Jul 08, 2010
DejiYesufu:

Okotie has spoken my mind, however with better grammar. Our govt. has only shown it true character, albiet in the public glare of the whole world. They never should have banned the eagles: you do not throw out the baby with the bath water.

You have said my mind jare cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Pastor Okotie Blasts Jonathan Over Soccer Ban Reversal by Jencejyde(m): 12:41pm On Jul 08, 2010
ode remo:

@Kiele,
pls don't let us castigate him only cos he is a pastor,
do that when he is wrong ,that i will agree.
will you say reversing that decision was right,?
b4 making that decision y didn't our Jonathan seek legal advice, first.
Good talk!

Ijele-igbo:

Legal advice? For moses sake, leaders make decisions and reverse them. Super Eagles DISGRACED our country in front of the world and out of anger he made the decision. We all know the reason behind the ban. You know very well. Or were you happy with the performance of the super chickens? What legal advice does he need? Okotie should face his pastoral work and stop living in fantasies because he will never be president. Who will vote him if i may ask, you? Pls give a n.i.g.g.a a break. If he wants to have a taste of politics, let him try contesting for a councillor.
Not so Good talk!
Re: Pastor Okotie Blasts Jonathan Over Soccer Ban Reversal by otondo55: 12:49pm On Jul 08, 2010
Freedom of expression !

The President is right !!!
Re: Pastor Okotie Blasts Jonathan Over Soccer Ban Reversal by Bukittes(f): 1:11pm On Jul 08, 2010
I still do not support Pst Okotie in politics and his meddling with such. Why won't he just keep his sermon strictly spiritual and FEED THE FLOCKS? The flocks can buy newspapers thereafter to know whats going on in politics! Most of us throw stones at leaders only because we are not in their shoes most critics will do worse when given an opportunity to govern even the smallest organisation. GEJ made a decision which in my opinion was not hasty but necessary, he reversed it because WE wanted it reversed not because FIFA gave him an ultimatum. I salute his courage at the reversal cos it shows the kind of leader we will live to respect.
Re: Pastor Okotie Blasts Jonathan Over Soccer Ban Reversal by ud4u: 1:13pm On Jul 08, 2010
The only point I saw in what he said was that government should have considered the implication before making such decision and any other thing apart from that is his personal opnion.
Re: Pastor Okotie Blasts Jonathan Over Soccer Ban Reversal by realborn(m): 1:39pm On Jul 08, 2010
It is certain the pastor made astonomical sense with those comments relating to incessecant policy summersault.  grin
Seriously speaking, the super eagles had a dismal outing and in less than a week, d FG places a ban without recour and due consultation with appropriate quarters. That i will say is an irresponsible move. A reprisal response was received from the world governing body with stern instructions to the FG to recall the ban. With feeble reasoning and shaky legs without clarifying intent in details with Fifa, d FG within a week again lifts d ban. It shows only a thing: Inexperience.

I totally aint in support of d use of d word ban. Instead, the committee should have prepared a report with the following headings:

Post mortem report on South Africa 2010
Review of dismal outings in d past
Reoccuring factors responsible for failures
Review of processes adopted by success driven team especially emerging countries
Risk analysis (identification, likelihood, probability, quantitative & qualitative effects, trigger events, mitigating plans and response strategy)
Statutory requirements
Timelines & Schedule
Recommendations & way forward

My candid opinion.
Re: Pastor Okotie Blasts Jonathan Over Soccer Ban Reversal by ducci: 2:05pm On Jul 08, 2010
The name of the game is called 'the more u hear/see the more u understand'.I wouldnt give u the details, but know that the whole thing was a ruse orchestrated by Amos Adamu for the purpose of cleansing the glass house without fifa raising eyebrow on it, hence the impeachment of Lulu and co.Why u think anoda 24hrs was added to the deadline? To allow for a smooth impeachment to take place.Be informed that Sepp Blatter was unofficialy in the know.The end justifies the means was the aim.So please wise once dont join ignorant Okotie to castigate,look beyond the initial action.thanx
Re: Pastor Okotie Blasts Jonathan Over Soccer Ban Reversal by Nobody: 2:06pm On Jul 08, 2010
Dat ni99a needs ta STFU like he can do any better.
Re: Pastor Okotie Blasts Jonathan Over Soccer Ban Reversal by dlox01(m): 2:14pm On Jul 08, 2010
oyb:

if all of us made our decisions out of anger . . .

you don't want the numer one citizen of the most populous country in africa making knee jerk decisons - i banned them because i vex i unban them because them beg me for fb
and so on and so forth. . .

well spoken!! do you know how many TA's(technical assistants) and PA's, even his Minister has Technical Assistants, even his Technical assistants technical assistants have technical assistants and our dumb ass number 1 MAN just spat without consulting?well, either he has retards as assistants or he is just a retard either way it was a bad thing to leap before looking. Reversal shows weakness, we would have been banned for 2yrs and the president would have banned super eagles for 2yrs,whats da diffrence?he is weak,
it wasnt anyfacebook,do you know how many critical issues are commented on on his fb and nothing is done about it?
i wasnt happy bout tha chickens performance,it was a disgrace but since it gave me the opportunity to be ghanian i took it(just kiddin)!!!he should have pulled them aside and spanked them without FIFA knowing!!!
Re: Pastor Okotie Blasts Jonathan Over Soccer Ban Reversal by pafegs(m): 2:40pm On Jul 08, 2010
Pastor Chris Blast came with a point, if anyone missed that point, then they should simply read it out again. I f there was a ban, i believe it came with a reason. But their sudden reversal of Ban clearly shows some degree of "doing things without reason"
Re: Pastor Okotie Blasts Jonathan Over Soccer Ban Reversal by redem2010: 3:30pm On Jul 08, 2010
I think PASTOR is right with all he has said about the change in govt attitude towards the National Team. Its shows the level of our institutional weakness. Mind you FYI: Those who make comment to pastor anyhow hmmmmmm U hrd better be careful ooh. It is better one remain silent than to abuse MEN of God ooh. Silence those not mean one is stupid; we all desires things in a different manner. Let PASTOR alone if he desires to the president; if God wants him there , surely he will be there. Even if he fails 100 times, it doesn't matter as what matters is mission accompanied, he may not be the one to fulfilled this , it may be someone following his step or ideology. So be careful oooooo. I am not a member of his church ooooooo, but we must tell ourselves the truth.

Cheers.
Re: Pastor Okotie Blasts Jonathan Over Soccer Ban Reversal by Ranoscky(m): 3:54pm On Jul 08, 2010
^^^ True talk brov, no be lie!
Re: Pastor Okotie Blasts Jonathan Over Soccer Ban Reversal by pingu2k5(m): 4:03pm On Jul 08, 2010
ducci:

The name of the game is called 'the more u hear/see the more u understand'.I wouldnt give u the details, but know that the whole thing was a ruse orchestrated by Amos Adamu for the purpose of cleansing the glass house without fifa raising eyebrow on it, hence the impeachment of Lulu and co.Why u think anoda 24hrs was added to the deadline? To allow for a smooth impeachment to take place.Be informed that Sepp Blatter was unofficialy in the know.The end justifies the means was the aim.So please wise once dont join ignorant Okotie to castigate,look beyond the initial action.thanx

If this is true, it still does not change the fact the we watched our dirty linen to the full glare of the world. This aim could have been achieved without the unnecessary ban, which makes me not to believe you.

One question I would love to ask all you people that want Rev. Okotie to face his pastoral business: would you have him resign as a Pastor before he contests for President? Is it a crime/sin for a cleric to be in politics? Judge him by his character and not because he is a pastor. As far as I am concerned, his opinion is right.
Re: Pastor Okotie Blasts Jonathan Over Soccer Ban Reversal by teekay8(m): 4:35pm On Jul 08, 2010
CHRIS OKOTIE, dont worry you dont have a chance to become the president of this country. just face ur church ok? cry
Re: Pastor Okotie Blasts Jonathan Over Soccer Ban Reversal by oderemo(m): 4:41pm On Jul 08, 2010
CHRIS OKOTIE, dont worry you dont have a chance to become the president of this country. just face your church ok?

the more i read ppl post ,the more i am thinking he has a chance.
woud you have said the above about jonathan years ago?
so if jonathan , y not okotie.
y not you.
Re: Pastor Okotie Blasts Jonathan Over Soccer Ban Reversal by r231(m): 4:44pm On Jul 08, 2010
ode remo:

the more i read ppl post ,the more i am thinking he has a chance.
woud you have said the above about jonathan years ago?
so if jonathan , y not okotie.
y not you.

yea rite

even if jesus himself count the vote and he won they will not let him
Re: Pastor Okotie Blasts Jonathan Over Soccer Ban Reversal by Papii: 4:47pm On Jul 08, 2010
pastor, what then are u preaching to ur people. pls u should leave Goodluck alone. It only means that he
is a man of heart.
Re: Pastor Okotie Blasts Jonathan Over Soccer Ban Reversal by chinedumo(m): 5:50pm On Jul 08, 2010
there is another angle to look at it. it could show that the president is willing to correct his mistakes if any.
one u dont know the real reason why he banned in the first place cos that could explain why he reversed it
He is the one doing the banning not u
look at it this way even if he made a mistake, u say u shouldn't have made a mistake in the first place through careful deliberation
but it is still better that he reversed it than,
for him to maintain it in other for people not to say that he can make mistake or that he is careless or that he is weak
owning ur fault is not weakness rather be careful not to make the same mistake again
so this could be a sign of humility
Re: Pastor Okotie Blasts Jonathan Over Soccer Ban Reversal by PROJECT: 7:06pm On Jul 08, 2010
ijele-igbo,i think u are more of a lunatic to have called okotie one, u dont have a single respect for peoples opinion becos u dont have manners not even home training cos its shows in all u have said here,is okotie better thatn jonathan ,the answer is yes.i have observed him for over 15years, i know who he is and i know he has passion for nigeria,he is the only pastor tht celebrates our forgotten heroes thru his karis award not only does he recognise their contribution by awarding themhe also gives cash.while jonathan honors etteh for stealing our resources,thats a simple comparison.i dont want to talk about scholarships or benevolence activities evry last sunday of the month,he remebres the poor in his little way,what have the rest done , u fool, u glory while ur rulers loot u dry,
ajailagos over to u , i think u really dont know ur left from ur rite,if u do u will learn to be retrospective in all u say on a blog like this,chris has every rite to vote and be voted for .pastorial duty is his profession just as we have bankers,lawyers and even footballers,ask amuneke who was there for him during his injury,find out form kanu even pastor taribo west who consatly visits th church and tuface why he came to household for thanksgiving after his attack som feww years back why not almighty redeem or do we talk about junior and pretties saga.pls i can go on and on but i will not waste musch time
Re: Pastor Okotie Blasts Jonathan Over Soccer Ban Reversal by member479760: 7:29pm On Jul 08, 2010
Now we need more professors to rule us in this country so that they can apply their knowledge and experience to lead us to the promise land where the electricity issue would be thing of the past.
Re: Pastor Okotie Blasts Jonathan Over Soccer Ban Reversal by kazman7(m): 7:56pm On Jul 08, 2010
pastor okotie ir right on point, how do we expect the world to take us serious when our president cannot think things through b4 taking decisions that wll have impact on millions of people, why does he have hordes of advisers
Re: Pastor Okotie Blasts Jonathan Over Soccer Ban Reversal by mohid(m): 9:36pm On Jul 08, 2010
Funny how people where howling and saying it wasn’t a wise decision banning them and then turning around to say the president was inconsistent to have changed his mind. I believe the same ppl would have accused him of lack of empathy towards his followers if the deadline had expired. I think we probably have never had a listening president so all this is a bit strange to us.(i actually know someone that kept on sending posts and appealing on GJ's facebook page prior to the reversal ).Leaders have the right to make decisions and change their minds if they feel it’s not in the interest of the ppl they are serving. Step back several months to America and remember all that Barack Obama said, ending the war in Iraq and the first set of troops coming home in six months or about shutting down Guantanamo Bay by December of 09,his not bringing these to pass do not in any way make him an indecisive leader.
Re: Pastor Okotie Blasts Jonathan Over Soccer Ban Reversal by kosovo(m): 11:05pm On Jul 08, 2010
Re: Pastor Okotie Blasts Jonathan Over Soccer Ban Reversal by Tweety121(f): 11:09pm On Jul 08, 2010
redem2010:

I think PASTOR is right with all he has said about the change in govt attitude towards the National Team. Its shows the level of our institutional weakness. Mind you FYI: Those who make comment to pastor anyhow hmmmmmm U hrd better be careful ooh. It is better one remain silent than to abuse MEN of God ooh. Silence those not mean one is silly; we all desires things in a different manner. Let PASTOR alone if he desires to the president; if God wants him there , surely he will be there. Even if he fails 100 times, it doesn't matter as what matters is mission accompanied, he may not be the one to fulfilled this , it may be someone following his step or ideology. So be careful oooooo. I am not a member of his church ooooooo, but we must tell ourselves the truth.

Cheers.

So did God call Okotie to be a pastor or a president? I don't think he can be both, unless God changed his mind. Jesus came to serve, even though people thought the Messiah will come as King. He was effective amongst common people so that his power spread organically like yeast in dough. I think it's just Okotie's ambition and pride that's given him delusions of grandeur to want to be president.  

Show me an African pastor today that knows how to SERVE HUMBLY AND FAITHFULLY, WHO WILL WASH HIS DEACON'S FEET LIKE JESUS DID and I'll eat my hat. Mcheeeew!
Re: Pastor Okotie Blasts Jonathan Over Soccer Ban Reversal by Nobody: 11:13pm On Jul 08, 2010
It's all political. . . Who listens to that loser on important issues.he berra stick to the altar and preach the gospel. .yeye man
Re: Pastor Okotie Blasts Jonathan Over Soccer Ban Reversal by msb247(m): 1:07am On Jul 09, 2010
SOCCER IS JUST A GAME AND HERE THEY ARE GETTING ALL WORKED UP ON IRRELEVANT ISSUES AT THIS CRITICAL TIME embarassed
WHY CAN'T THE PRESIDENT BAN REPS AND POLICE
Re: Pastor Okotie Blasts Jonathan Over Soccer Ban Reversal by oluwagbami(m): 6:09am On Jul 09, 2010
The way i see the decision of the federal Government concerning the banning of all our teams from international competitions is that it is a BOLD and CALCULATED attempt to displace the ineffective football administrators in the NFF and to usher in a more result oriented and effective team of seasoned administrators made up of ex-footballers et al. It is a case of knowing that FIFA will come up with the sanctions but at least lets get those non performing people out and bring in fresh and result oriented brains that can really move NIGERIAN football to the next level. GOD BLESS NIGERIA.
Re: Pastor Okotie Blasts Jonathan Over Soccer Ban Reversal by chidichris(m): 8:55am On Jul 09, 2010
uncle joe is not man enough.
men take decission and stand on them.
in the first place, i never supported the idea of banning our super eagle and withdrawing us from international football for two yrs instead of dealling with offenders directly.
if he has taken the decission, why would he reverse just because somebody somewhere threatened.
by this act, one can easily say nigeria is not matured enough to be independent. who knows the meaning of independence here?
anyways, i have said it times without numbers, joe in not the real man in charge. some invincible hands controlling him from somewhere in ottah.
Re: Pastor Okotie Blasts Jonathan Over Soccer Ban Reversal by 9jafreak: 9:54am On Jul 09, 2010
[size=16pt]Please DO NOT sell your votes --- not even to SENTIMENTS[/size]
Re: Pastor Okotie Blasts Jonathan Over Soccer Ban Reversal by Zero2(m): 10:39am On Jul 09, 2010
President GEJ remains the right man for this country at least for the now. Any wise and educated person would have known that the ban will definitely be reversed. When you take a critical view of the president's actions, you won't have any reason whatsoever to blame him. He did the right thing, by banning the eagles and he also did the right thing by reversing the ban. Lets give goodluck our support, he might be the man that will take us to the promise land. You never can tell.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Reuters: Nigerian President Snubs Tv Election Debate / We Regret Voting Buhari– South West Leaders / Channels Live, Peter Obi Is Schooling Tinubu In His Own City- pictures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.