Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,493 members, 7,847,024 topics. Date: Saturday, 01 June 2024 at 09:39 AM

Micheno Multipurpose Cooperative Society, MMCS Defrauds Calabar Customers N27bn - Crime (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Micheno Multipurpose Cooperative Society, MMCS Defrauds Calabar Customers N27bn (34955 Views)

Man Defrauds Stanbic IBTC Bank Of N60 Million / Woman Disguises As Best Friend’s Lover, Defrauds Her Of N3.7m, Car (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Micheno Multipurpose Cooperative Society, MMCS Defrauds Calabar Customers N27bn by BrokenCock: 11:01pm On Sep 25, 2018
RevenGeMission:
Funny enough, if you type conehead , cone head , Brownroof brownroof or afonja , it won't change

cheesy cheesy cheesy hahahahaha
Re: Micheno Multipurpose Cooperative Society, MMCS Defrauds Calabar Customers N27bn by UCHEBENDAN: 11:01pm On Sep 25, 2018
All this banks without surname

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Micheno Multipurpose Cooperative Society, MMCS Defrauds Calabar Customers N27bn by TIDDOLL(m): 11:01pm On Sep 25, 2018
yoged:
Alot of them preying on innocent people. Mom is into one, telling them world bank wants to give each person 10 million so start farming. I just dey laugh. Warn her, she no answer.
This shii as been going around for a while now, i checked World bank's site and there's no such thing !! Lots registered, collecting a form of 1k.. Just multiply that by thousands.
I am positive its a looming scam, and lot of people are falling for it!!

NPF or EFCC better check them asap.

6 Likes

Re: Micheno Multipurpose Cooperative Society, MMCS Defrauds Calabar Customers N27bn by DavidEsq(m): 11:12pm On Sep 25, 2018
sKeetz:
Michael Eke, is that you?
Yes it's me. Wetin una fit do me, I don hama cheesy
Re: Micheno Multipurpose Cooperative Society, MMCS Defrauds Calabar Customers N27bn by yoged(m): 11:13pm On Sep 25, 2018
TIDDOLL:

This shii as been going around for a while now, i checked World bank's site and there's no such thing !! Lots registered, collecting a form of 1k.. Just multiply that by thousands.
I am positive its a looming scam, and lot of people are falling for it!!

NPF or EFCC better check them asap.
I knew it's a scam , they even open an office. Imagine a form costing #2500 muiltply like 500 to 1000 people. That's alot of cash.

4 Likes

Re: Micheno Multipurpose Cooperative Society, MMCS Defrauds Calabar Customers N27bn by walosky(m): 11:18pm On Sep 25, 2018
EmagNig:
A wonder bank in Calabar has allegedly defrauded unsuspecting customers to the tune of N27 billion, after the operators bolted with their deposits in Cross River State.

The bank, operating under the name Micheno Multipurpose Cooperative Society, MMCS, reportedly succeeded in defrauding over 13,000 people who trusted them with their money.

The scheme owned and operated by one Michael Eke, had promised depositors of N100,000 an additional N50,000 at the end of 40 days, and those who deposit N150,000 would get N300,000 at the same period, Vanguard reports. A deposit of N1 million would earn a N500,000 profit at the end of the same period while deposits above N1 million would be calculated in N1 million units.

The scheme berthed in Calabar in June 2018 had been attracting patronage from Cross River state residents. Some of the depositors parted with their life savings and others deposited their gratuities, which run into millions, with the hope of reaping bountifully at the end of 40 days.

However, at the end of the 40 days, some depositors got only a small part of their deposits sent back to them, while over 13,000 others did not get anything and have since not heard from the operators of the bank in the past one month. Their office in Calabar has remained shut since then.

The scheme started as a Swiss marketing company on WhatsApp and in less than one month, the groups grew to about 36 all providing information on the benefits of joining the scheme and attracted a lot of people.

A victim, Edna Nzegu, said:

I have N33 million stocks with the scheme. It may not be much compared to what others have but this has destabilised my life and turned me to mad woman with no bearing and I have lost interest in life and work.

Some of the depositors accused a Calabar-based comedian, MC Mbakara, of conniving with Mr Eke to fleece them of their money by promoting the scheme on his WhatsApp thread and website, which persuaded them to believe that the scheme was genuine and he has since gone into hiding.

Speaking from his hideout, Mbakara said he was not part of the company even when he was appointed vice president of the scheme by Eke.

He said:

I have been accused of so many things I am not aware of. I am not on the run and not hiding. My phone lines have been open and I am very available.

He added he was only a brand ambassador whose following on and offline was used by Eke to drive an aggressive campaign that brought a lot of depositors to the scheme.

Cross River Police Command spokesperson, Ms Irne Ugbo, said reports had been made by some depositors of the scheme and investigation is ongoing "to unravel what the scheme is about and what actually happened to the depositors' funds."

https://lailasnews.com/wonder-bank-operators-defraud-customers-of-n27billion-calabar

1 Like

Re: Micheno Multipurpose Cooperative Society, MMCS Defrauds Calabar Customers N27bn by Bewiseedet(m): 11:24pm On Sep 25, 2018
Gawd. My 200k?? MC mabakara may de gods punish u. You and Micheal Eke escape with my money

4 Likes

Re: Micheno Multipurpose Cooperative Society, MMCS Defrauds Calabar Customers N27bn by lunacol(m): 11:30pm On Sep 25, 2018
adisabarber:
Why do people still fall for Ponzi scam?
Greed and laziness.

2 Likes

Re: Micheno Multipurpose Cooperative Society, MMCS Defrauds Calabar Customers N27bn by odogwu190(m): 11:31pm On Sep 25, 2018
1m n they'll give you 500k interest....you dig river for them!!! So mugu still dey dis country...

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Micheno Multipurpose Cooperative Society, MMCS Defrauds Calabar Customers N27bn by KosyJerry(m): 11:33pm On Sep 25, 2018
Complete greed or total negligence... why don’t we ever learn?? Same statics and we fall yakata... R.I.P. to the depositors funds

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Micheno Multipurpose Cooperative Society, MMCS Defrauds Calabar Customers N27bn by lunacol(m): 11:34pm On Sep 25, 2018
Doro55:
so after MMM Nigerians no still wise up.
Many ponzi schemes are still springing up on daily bases.They have even transformed to Multi Level Marketing in order to look genuine.

3 Likes

Re: Micheno Multipurpose Cooperative Society, MMCS Defrauds Calabar Customers N27bn by bukolabeauty09(f): 11:39pm On Sep 25, 2018
May God fish out all this ponzi scheme company and make them pay in an unbearable way for all those they have scammed.
QUADRANT LIMITED at Lagos are yet to pay us our money as well my money is still with them since last year all they say is they are not making profit, give us our money we don't want interest on it again is all we cry out for.

5 Likes

Re: Micheno Multipurpose Cooperative Society, MMCS Defrauds Calabar Customers N27bn by SocialJustice: 11:43pm On Sep 25, 2018
N27bn indeed.

2 Likes

Re: Micheno Multipurpose Cooperative Society, MMCS Defrauds Calabar Customers N27bn by Nobody: 11:43pm On Sep 25, 2018
Ndigbo kwenu! Yeh!

Let me appear with my bottle of beer/ because we've had it up to here!grin

2 Likes

Re: Micheno Multipurpose Cooperative Society, MMCS Defrauds Calabar Customers N27bn by uknownforce: 11:46pm On Sep 25, 2018
yoged:
Alot of them preying on innocent people. Mom is into one, telling them world bank wants to give each person 10 million so start farming. I just dey laugh. Warn her, she no answer.
grin she obviously purchased the form

3 Likes

Re: Micheno Multipurpose Cooperative Society, MMCS Defrauds Calabar Customers N27bn by Felixv: 11:46pm On Sep 25, 2018
I thought folks would have learnt from the past mistakes of others--years ago this was a nightmare in lagos

3 Likes

Re: Micheno Multipurpose Cooperative Society, MMCS Defrauds Calabar Customers N27bn by ashawopikin(m): 11:57pm On Sep 25, 2018
BigGuyMan01:
Buhari doing what he knows how to do best
men Buhari is evil

1 Like

Re: Micheno Multipurpose Cooperative Society, MMCS Defrauds Calabar Customers N27bn by Nobody: 11:58pm On Sep 25, 2018
Gullible Nigerians !!!

Fish brained!!!

Just the other day another group of dead brains got swindled of cash running into millions over the same apartment!!!

Smh

*meanwhile Micheno peepo right now be lyk*

Re: Micheno Multipurpose Cooperative Society, MMCS Defrauds Calabar Customers N27bn by Tonimordred(m): 11:59pm On Sep 25, 2018
Foolish n greedy pple dey want 2 reap 4rm whr dey did nt sow

1 Like

Re: Micheno Multipurpose Cooperative Society, MMCS Defrauds Calabar Customers N27bn by ashawopikin(m): 11:59pm On Sep 25, 2018
MMM, Calabar branch grin

1 Like

Re: Micheno Multipurpose Cooperative Society, MMCS Defrauds Calabar Customers N27bn by donbenie(m): 12:03am On Sep 26, 2018
Stupid people and their money are soon parted.. grin

2 Likes

Re: Micheno Multipurpose Cooperative Society, MMCS Defrauds Calabar Customers N27bn by cosmos1440: 12:16am On Sep 26, 2018
There is another one going on in the Yewa area of Ogun state (Ogun-west senatorial district), they call it "Kingdom Life".
mugus are asked to purchase form of #5,000 and after 6 months, they will collect #1,000,000. They even appoint some of these mugus as supervisors and these supervisors hold meetings with their fellow mugus every Thursday evening .
These mugus were also told that it. is a world bank project and they are only giving back to Nigerians, savings from sales of oil that has accumulated a lot of interests over the years. In short they were made to believe that it is a worlbank project to help alleviate the hardship caused by the recent economic hardship...
There will always be mugus

14 Likes

Re: Micheno Multipurpose Cooperative Society, MMCS Defrauds Calabar Customers N27bn by desertboom(m): 12:17am On Sep 26, 2018
Wonder bank indeed

4 Likes

Re: Micheno Multipurpose Cooperative Society, MMCS Defrauds Calabar Customers N27bn by Jaqenhghar: 12:36am On Sep 26, 2018
Niggerians, why una no dey ever get sense. After MMM you will think people will be more prudent.
Re: Micheno Multipurpose Cooperative Society, MMCS Defrauds Calabar Customers N27bn by Jaqenhghar: 12:38am On Sep 26, 2018
bukolabeauty09:
May God fish out all this ponzi scheme company and make them pay in an unbearable way for all those they have scammed.
QUADRANT LIMITED at Lagos are yet to pay us our money as well my money is still with them since last year all they say is they are not making profit, give us our money we don't want interest on it again is all we cry out for.
Una never begin cry. Una go cry tire. Let this be a lesson to you.
Re: Micheno Multipurpose Cooperative Society, MMCS Defrauds Calabar Customers N27bn by Jaqenhghar: 12:39am On Sep 26, 2018
lunacol:
Many ponzi schemes are still springing up on daily bases.They have even transformed to Multi Level Marketing in order to look genuine.
Of course. Mumu still plenty
Re: Micheno Multipurpose Cooperative Society, MMCS Defrauds Calabar Customers N27bn by Oyeleye101(m): 12:40am On Sep 26, 2018
All these hyips don't last!!
You are not working for someone and you expect am to give you 50% or more of the money you gave him..
Another lesson learnt!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Women backing babies save drowning child while the grown up man around them vide / Young Girls From Benue Saved From Being Trafficked To Mali (photos) / Lady Gets Armed MOPOL To Beat Up Man Who Deceive People With Her Products (Pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.