Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,391 members, 7,819,402 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:43 PM

Man Sacked For Going For FRSC Screening In Lagos After Lying He Was Sick - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Man Sacked For Going For FRSC Screening In Lagos After Lying He Was Sick (27257 Views)

Man Sacked After Being Caught On CCTV Masturbating In Office's Kitchen / Australian Man Sacked From His N50m Job For Ejaculating On Women In Public / Man Sacked By His Boss After He Refused To Sleep With His Wife (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Man Sacked For Going For FRSC Screening In Lagos After Lying He Was Sick by olaboo123: 8:32pm On Sep 25, 2018
''Is this sack justified?''- Nigerian man asks after his colleague is fired for lying about his health just to go for another job interview

Continue to read the story below

via http://onecornergizt..com/2018/09/is-this-sack-justified-nigerian-man.html

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Man Sacked For Going For FRSC Screening In Lagos After Lying He Was Sick by Hollamie007: 8:50pm On Sep 25, 2018
Na wa o

FTC

A new dawn is breaking Forth

cheesy
Re: Man Sacked For Going For FRSC Screening In Lagos After Lying He Was Sick by chloride6: 9:02pm On Sep 25, 2018
Have his benefits been paid to him?

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Man Sacked For Going For FRSC Screening In Lagos After Lying He Was Sick by Clumsydeo(f): 9:18pm On Sep 25, 2018
Frsc don cause wahala oo..I pity d guy sha

6 Likes

Re: Man Sacked For Going For FRSC Screening In Lagos After Lying He Was Sick by greenmonk: 9:40pm On Sep 25, 2018
Clumsydeo:
Frsc don cause wahala oo..I pity d guy sha
Lie to skip job is same thing as stealing. He should have applied for deductable leave. Stealing is automatic sack.

72 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Sacked For Going For FRSC Screening In Lagos After Lying He Was Sick by Nobody: 10:56pm On Sep 25, 2018
The sack is justified. But I might have done the same thing if I were in his shoes so who am I to condemn him? There’s no how I would ditch an interview that could significantly up my income for a less promising current job.

80 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Sacked For Going For FRSC Screening In Lagos After Lying He Was Sick by ikezuora4689(m): 11:14pm On Sep 25, 2018
olaboo123:
''Is this sack justified?''- Nigerian man asks after his colleague is fired for lying about his health just to go for another job interview

Continue to read the story below

via http://onecornergizt..com/2018/09/is-this-sack-justified-nigerian-man.html
truly speaking...if am the boss I will sack u without thinking twice...u going to the interview and lieing about it means u don't respect me or ur job...do I don't see any reason why u should keep the job.... always appreciate what u have.. they are people out there wishing to have what u don't value

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Man Sacked For Going For FRSC Screening In Lagos After Lying He Was Sick by tizzdi(m): 1:23am On Sep 26, 2018
IF U ASK US..na hu we go ask angry

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Sacked For Going For FRSC Screening In Lagos After Lying He Was Sick by CHM11: 6:12am On Sep 26, 2018
ikezuora4689:
truly speaking...if am the boss I will sack u without thinking twice...u going to the interview and lieing about it means u don't respect me or ur job...do I don't see any reason why u should keep the job.... always appreciate what u have.. they are people out there wishing to have what u don't value

this is just an example of a very wicked human being. Most Nigerian Management just want to hold people down on meagre salary. Promote you will not promote, then when they try their luck in other places you want to sack them!...in saner climes, some coys even throw a send forth get together for staff members who got other jobs. Its all in the spirit of maintaining relationships. If you dont want him to go, then you offer him better!.

i am positive that this HOD in question is one of those bastard God playing HODs who forget that they are not the owner of the company, they are just a damned employee too and anything can happen to them someday. Fine, the guy is at fault for lying, but do u think this type of HOD would allow him if he had told the truth? some of them never want you to be better than they are.

ive worked with both the good and the bad, the good supervisors care about your career development both within the company and elsewhere (if the coys current business strategy is not in line with your own career ambitions). These good supervisors encourage you to get additional qualifications, read and gain skills, encourage you to develop yourself, in return you most likely will give in extra to ensure that tasks are completed as at when due so as to maintain the good relationship.
Those bad leaders will just use everybody under them to paint themselves as saints in the eyes of management. such leaders find it hard to deliver on KPIs and other projects because the people under such a boss give far below what they can offer due to the bad leadership method in use.

As it concerns the employee in question, he shouldnt have lied, but im sure he was left with no option. He shouldnt even be working with such a company in the first place.

what happened to warning for first offenders? Zero Empathy as a company!

189 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Man Sacked For Going For FRSC Screening In Lagos After Lying He Was Sick by MilesLamar(m): 6:22am On Sep 26, 2018
angry cry cry This is sad... Lalasticala mydd44 angry
Re: Man Sacked For Going For FRSC Screening In Lagos After Lying He Was Sick by naijacentric(m): 6:58am On Sep 26, 2018
Peter ur oga no try oh

2 Likes

Re: Man Sacked For Going For FRSC Screening In Lagos After Lying He Was Sick by enshi(m): 7:35am On Sep 26, 2018
I advised all enlisted applicants on this FRSC interview earlier on a thread
Never endanger your job because of an intending one.

Besides federal government jobs are for those who know people.

This being said, sometime last year I witnessed a sack as this .... No query no tangible offense no prior notice.

The reason is Nigeria doesn't have a labour force yet so these companies are just feeding on the incompetence of what we call NLC

21 Likes

Re: Man Sacked For Going For FRSC Screening In Lagos After Lying He Was Sick by kidman96(m): 8:30am On Sep 26, 2018
CHM11:

this is just an example of a very wicked human being. Most Nigerian Management just want to hold people down on meagre salary. Promote you will not promote, then when they try their luck in other places you want to sack them!...in saner climes, some coys even throw a send forth get together for staff members who got other jobs. Its all in the spirit of maintaining relationships. If you dont want him to go, then you offer him better!.

i am positive that this HOD in question is one of those bastard God playing HODs who forget that they are not the owner of the company, they are just a damned employee too and anything can happen to them someday. Fine, the guy is at fault for lying, but do u think this type of HOD would allow him if he had told the truth?

Zero Empathy as a company!

keep quiet. when you own a company someday you wont make such a senseless comment. i have worked as a supervisor before and i know how difficult things can be when an employee skips a days work for any reason. workload would increase and i have to run around trying to fill that gap, sometimes i have to even do his job myself. if he had applied for a day off thats a different case but he lied. nobody wants lairs around them because they are usually thieves.

his sack was justified. Nigerians especially lagosians always try to be smart even in the most unnecessary and inappropriate places and times. and it often come back to bite.

an employee like that has no conscience and would tender his resignation abruptly regardless of its effect on the production of the company.

58 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Man Sacked For Going For FRSC Screening In Lagos After Lying He Was Sick by kidman96(m): 8:31am On Sep 26, 2018
smiley smiley
Re: Man Sacked For Going For FRSC Screening In Lagos After Lying He Was Sick by Samirana360(m): 8:31am On Sep 26, 2018
every sack is justified.....don't pray to work for someone....
u r are corporate slave if u an employee....
buh all of us can't be boss....so take it like that

he even lied and u r still asking if d sack is justified ...

if na me ....na aboki go bring ur sack letter for ur house

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Sacked For Going For FRSC Screening In Lagos After Lying He Was Sick by TheKingIsHere: 8:32am On Sep 26, 2018
It is justified. Especially when he lied.

It shows that he lacks integrity.

3 Likes

Re: Man Sacked For Going For FRSC Screening In Lagos After Lying He Was Sick by cosmatika(m): 8:33am On Sep 26, 2018
Na Buari dey cause all these problems for people. Thunder fire d dullard
Re: Man Sacked For Going For FRSC Screening In Lagos After Lying He Was Sick by designVATExcel: 8:34am On Sep 26, 2018
Well, though depending on the engagement letter, an employer as the right to sack an employee, except it's clearly stated in the letter that a notice or payment in lieu is required.
Re: Man Sacked For Going For FRSC Screening In Lagos After Lying He Was Sick by Nobody: 8:36am On Sep 26, 2018
iPhone 5s for sale has a little crack that does not affect the screen call/Whatsapp 09030818219
Re: Man Sacked For Going For FRSC Screening In Lagos After Lying He Was Sick by babadee1(m): 8:36am On Sep 26, 2018
Samirana360:
every sack is justified.....don't pray to work for someone....
u r are corporate slave if u an employee....
buh all of us can't be boss....so take it like that

Not so. I know of cases where people have challenged their sacking in court and won. There are labour laws in Nigeria, unfortunately most workers have no idea about them.

3 Likes

Re: Man Sacked For Going For FRSC Screening In Lagos After Lying He Was Sick by ALCOHOLKILLS(m): 8:36am On Sep 26, 2018
the man talk too much, they're some info you keep away from your colleagues no matter how close you guys are. one of you in that office is the cause of his problem angry angry angry

46 Likes

Re: Man Sacked For Going For FRSC Screening In Lagos After Lying He Was Sick by spiritedtete: 8:37am On Sep 26, 2018
He lied.... I won't tolrate..... I want people who can express themslves.... Blunt visionary to work with me.. Not some pretender who can kill me for a slice a bread.. When giving the opportunity..

The result of his sick was because of the relationship gap between boss and Junior... "They have no communication relationship "

3 Likes

Re: Man Sacked For Going For FRSC Screening In Lagos After Lying He Was Sick by jetz(m): 8:37am On Sep 26, 2018
Honestly tis one weak me o

1 Like

Re: Man Sacked For Going For FRSC Screening In Lagos After Lying He Was Sick by topelenege: 8:37am On Sep 26, 2018
My employee wrote to me last Friday, that she will be absent from work for this same screening exercise.
For the fact that she was honest about it, I granted her the request.
Story changed when yesterday she called in, that the screening exercise will end on wednesday.
School resumption period which is now is our business peak period.
I like being a 'good' boss but this one weak me o. undecided

14 Likes

Re: Man Sacked For Going For FRSC Screening In Lagos After Lying He Was Sick by seyigiggle: 8:37am On Sep 26, 2018
he should have applied for compassionate leave.
Next time when you are going for interview don't inform any of your your colleague until you have gotten the job.

13 Likes

Re: Man Sacked For Going For FRSC Screening In Lagos After Lying He Was Sick by MrWondah(m): 8:38am On Sep 26, 2018
I'm seeing a different thing

1 Like

Re: Man Sacked For Going For FRSC Screening In Lagos After Lying He Was Sick by desthan(m): 8:38am On Sep 26, 2018
Sack is Justified.
Re: Man Sacked For Going For FRSC Screening In Lagos After Lying He Was Sick by Benekruku(m): 8:38am On Sep 26, 2018
Well justified

He lied and such personality is dangerous to growth

He should be fired without compensation

1 Like

Re: Man Sacked For Going For FRSC Screening In Lagos After Lying He Was Sick by Goldenheart(m): 8:39am On Sep 26, 2018
tongue No one likes getting dump, So they dumped him first...

1 Like

Re: Man Sacked For Going For FRSC Screening In Lagos After Lying He Was Sick by IForgotMyLoginD(f): 8:42am On Sep 26, 2018
Going for another job interview on a work day is a risk every employee knows. He chose to take the risk. Truth is, the HOD probably doesn't have anything against the guy. Business is business, empathy can be shown in some cases, but adding sentiments in this kind of case will only encourage other staff members to do same. ie. Lie so they can go for other job interviews.

5 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Army Rewards Soldiers With Bicycles, Cash For Good Conduct / Croatian Firefighters Respond To Emergency Just Before Rakitic Played Penalty / How To Look Busy At Work Without Really Working

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.