Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,150 members, 7,818,467 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:25 PM

GLEAMING NEW RANGE ROVER EVOQUE UNVEILED !!! - Autos (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / GLEAMING NEW RANGE ROVER EVOQUE UNVEILED !!! (22109 Views)

Brand New Range Sport Fully Loaded 014 21.5m 08061311315 08028612026 / Tokunbo 2012 RANGE ROVER EVOQUE... / Tokunbo 2012 Land Rover Range Rover Evoque Prestige 4-door,,Price: N11m (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: GLEAMING NEW RANGE ROVER EVOQUE UNVEILED !!! by bruv(m): 1:46pm On Jul 09, 2010
@Onwan; SPOT ON comments!
I've never heard of the Rexton but just googled it, it's a Ssangyong and they come with Benz engines, don't they?
Please post the Rexton advert (If you can) for some more rib crakers,
Re: GLEAMING NEW RANGE ROVER EVOQUE UNVEILED !!! by Onwan: 1:58pm On Jul 09, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fCp4uj1b6T4&feature=related

I hope Its the same one. Almost insulting.
Re: GLEAMING NEW RANGE ROVER EVOQUE UNVEILED !!! by bruv(m): 3:00pm On Jul 09, 2010
@Onwan; Bruv, I know I was looking for laffs BUT the video is in Korean, lol Thanks

좋은 서비스 좋은 제품 (joh-eun seobiseu joh-eun jepum) - Good Service Good Product,
Re: GLEAMING NEW RANGE ROVER EVOQUE UNVEILED !!! by Onwan: 7:09pm On Jul 09, 2010
Im not sure this model carries the Benz engine. But its not just the engine that makes a Benz, its everything there is to it. They built the Rexton to look exactly like the ML, and in the advert you can see it drive in front of the ML - like a competition or something
Re: GLEAMING NEW RANGE ROVER EVOQUE UNVEILED !!! by bruv(m): 7:26pm On Jul 09, 2010
@Onwan; I've just watched the video again, LOL now I've got my laffs! I reckon adverts in most places outside the UK is by ANY means necessary and an outright competitive comparison between products or services. Anyway, even if people know it isn’t a Benz, affordability seems to be a key component when buying most products. The advert is rather drab but we can’t knock their hustle…
Re: GLEAMING NEW RANGE ROVER EVOQUE UNVEILED !!! by Onwan: 7:44pm On Jul 09, 2010
True
Re: GLEAMING NEW RANGE ROVER EVOQUE UNVEILED !!! by bruv(m): 1:06pm On Jul 17, 2010
The New Bentley Mulsanne,

Re: GLEAMING NEW RANGE ROVER EVOQUE UNVEILED !!! by bruv(m): 1:08pm On Jul 17, 2010
More Bentley Mulsanne pics

Re: GLEAMING NEW RANGE ROVER EVOQUE UNVEILED !!! by Onwan: 1:12pm On Jul 17, 2010
Bruv
This is very solid, BUT IF you had a budget for this class of vehicle, would you take this over a Phantom or Maybach?
Re: GLEAMING NEW RANGE ROVER EVOQUE UNVEILED !!! by bruv(m): 1:42pm On Jul 17, 2010
@Onwan; OMG I really had to think hard about that,  LOL
I reckon its the RR Phantom or the Bentley for me but swayed more towards the Bentley because I'll want to drive it rather than having to get a chauffeur for the RR Phantom [ Q.E.D. ]

Same question back to you, "IF you had no budget for this class of vehicles, would you take the Bentley, the RR Phantom or a Maybach?"

Re: GLEAMING NEW RANGE ROVER EVOQUE UNVEILED !!! by Onwan: 2:16pm On Jul 17, 2010
bruv:

@Onwan; OMG I really had to think hard about that,  LOL
I reckon its the RR Phantom or the Bentley for me but swayed more towards the Bentley because I'll want to drive it rather than having to get a chauffeur for the RR Phantom [ Q.E.D. ]

Same question back to you, "IF you had no budget for this class of vehicles, would you take the Bentley, the RR Phantom or a Maybach?"

If I had to pick one, I would pick the Phantom, IF two, I would pick the Phantom and the Maybach - For a vehicle in this class, the Bentley quickly falls into the S-Class and BMW 7 series category, Its kind of flat and has a regular look to it - Maybe its the size, BUT something about it does not stand out.

Take one look at the Phantom, OR the Maybach, they are unique - although the length of the Rolls makes it look like a passenger's car BUT research shows it's built with the driver's comfort in focus.

Just my view.
Re: GLEAMING NEW RANGE ROVER EVOQUE UNVEILED !!! by bruv(m): 2:38pm On Jul 17, 2010
@Onwan; I get the pic you're painting. However, I don't think a RR Phantom was built/designed to be driven by the owner. The driver's comforts may actually be for the chauffeur cos they look more like pilots with the amount of tech gear. They also earn as much as investment bankers! LOL
Anyway, I'd go for a Bentley Continental GT (A bit cliché fo the nouveau rich but rather that than any other cliché ride, )

Re: GLEAMING NEW RANGE ROVER EVOQUE UNVEILED !!! by Onwan: 3:02pm On Jul 17, 2010
bruv:

@Onwan; I get the pic you're painting. However, I don't think a RR Phantom was built/designed to be driven by the owner. The driver's comforts may actually be for the chauffeur cos they look more like pilots with the amount of tech gear. They also earn as much as investment bankers! LOL
Anyway, I'd go for a Bentley Continental GT (A bit cliché fo the nouveau rich but rather that than any other cliché ride, )

Now, this GT makes soooooo much sense; Mercedes does not have a coupe that can match its beauty yet. And in my view, its way better looking than sedan you first posted. For coupes, I will go for this one - Its unique.
Re: GLEAMING NEW RANGE ROVER EVOQUE UNVEILED !!! by sultaan(m): 8:46pm On Jul 17, 2010
Here is an example of how a car maker gets in trouble; when they make a car the ladies love to drive and real men who be caught driving.
I thought they learnt from freelander.A strictly awd mid-size crossover is what they need to go up against infinity FX, Lexus RX.

One of the engineers that built the Range Rover died after seeing this abberration(although they won't admit this coincidence).The Inidans owning th brand wasn't bad enough.
http://www.autoweek.com/article/20100628/CARNEWS/100629895
Re: GLEAMING NEW RANGE ROVER EVOQUE UNVEILED !!! by Onwan: 10:05pm On Jul 17, 2010
sultaan:

Here is an example of how a car maker gets in trouble; when they make a car the ladies love to drive and real men who be caught driving.
I thought they learnt from freelander.[color=#990000]A strictly awd mid-size crossover is what they need to go up against infinity FX[/color], Lexus RX.

One of the engineers that built the Range Rover died after seeing this abberration(although they won't admit this coincidence).The Inidans owning th brand wasn't bad enough.
http://www.autoweek.com/article/20100628/CARNEWS/100629895
@Sultaan
Good point. Except they have something real coming up, that new design they have is strictly feminine. They should try a new design on the range rover sport platform.
Re: GLEAMING NEW RANGE ROVER EVOQUE UNVEILED !!! by viperman: 10:55am On Jul 18, 2010
MEN DRIVE RANGE ROVERS,
BOYS DRIVE BMWs,
KIDS DRIVE HONDAs,

cool cool cool
Re: GLEAMING NEW RANGE ROVER EVOQUE UNVEILED !!! by viperman: 11:10am On Jul 18, 2010
If i were the mercedes people i would laugh at this in the media rather than get angry.
REXTON against BENZ, LOL!

REXTON should be competing with likes of TUCSON and SANTA fe.
Re: GLEAMING NEW RANGE ROVER EVOQUE UNVEILED !!! by bruv(m): 12:03pm On Jul 18, 2010
viperman:

MEN DRIVE RANGE ROVERS,
BOYS DRIVE BMWs,
KIDS DRIVE HONDAs,

cool cool cool

@Viperman; OMG! You seem to have left out the WOMEN,   LOL !!!
Re: GLEAMING NEW RANGE ROVER EVOQUE UNVEILED !!! by Onwan: 1:18pm On Jul 18, 2010
bruv:

@Viperman; OMG! You seem to have left out the WOMEN,   LOL !!!
They drive your EVOQUE  cheesy

viperman:

MEN DRIVE RANGE ROVERS,
BOYS DRIVE BMWs,
KIDS DRIVE HONDAs,

cool cool cool

Then I guess:
Big Men drive the Phantom
Big Boys drive the Maybach
and then Big kids roll out in the Bentley Coupe
Re: GLEAMING NEW RANGE ROVER EVOQUE UNVEILED !!! by sultaan(m): 1:21pm On Jul 18, 2010
viperman:

MEN DRIVE RANGE ROVERS,
BOYS DRIVE BMWs,
KIDS DRIVE HONDAs,

cool cool cool

I guess kids rule in the automotive industry, boys struggle to hang in there, and men are sold away in a yard sale to Tata sad
Re: GLEAMING NEW RANGE ROVER EVOQUE UNVEILED !!! by Onwan: 1:23pm On Jul 18, 2010
sultaan:

I guess kids rule in the automotive industry, boys struggle to hang in there, and men are sold away in a yard sale to Tata sad
That still dont make it any cheaper though cheesy
Re: GLEAMING NEW RANGE ROVER EVOQUE UNVEILED !!! by viperman: 1:26pm On Jul 18, 2010
sultaan:

LoooL, as Onwan wrote: it still doesn't make it cheaper.

Oops! i forgot, MEN WHO KNOW THEY ARE MEN DRIVE BENZs
Re: GLEAMING NEW RANGE ROVER EVOQUE UNVEILED !!! by sultaan(m): 1:28pm On Jul 18, 2010
Onwan:

They drive your EVOQUE  cheesy

Then I guess:
Big Men drive the Phantom
Big Boys drive the Maybach
and then Big kids roll out in the Bentley Coupe

EVOUQUE will be for rich women if I may add, I can count the number of RDX, X3, and EX3 I have seen on my hands in the last couple of years(you don't spend millions in R&grin to sell a handfull of vehicles with massive incentives)
Re: GLEAMING NEW RANGE ROVER EVOQUE UNVEILED !!! by bruv(m): 1:33pm On Jul 18, 2010
@Onwan, I must confess, I'm actually drawn towards the Evoque (5 door version), maybe because i'm in the "yard sale" BUT since I'm a kid at heart, its the Bentley GT Coupe for me, LOL
Re: GLEAMING NEW RANGE ROVER EVOQUE UNVEILED !!! by Onwan: 1:39pm On Jul 18, 2010
bruv:

@Onwan, I must confess, I'm actually drawn towards the Evoque (5 door version), maybe because i'm in the "yard sale" BUT since I'm a kid at heart, its the Bentley GT Coupe for me, LOL
@Bruv
Im very happy for you Ma! cheesy

But then again, that depends on what the 4/5 door version will look like (And who designed it). But their best bet will be to build something on the Range Rover Sports platform, and with those wild lights.
Re: GLEAMING NEW RANGE ROVER EVOQUE UNVEILED !!! by sultaan(m): 1:42pm On Jul 18, 2010
viperman:

LoooL, as Onwan wrote: it still doesn't make it cheaper.

Oops! i forgot, MEN WHO KNOW THEY ARE MEN DRIVE BENZs

Onwan:

That still dont make it any cheaper though cheesy

Are we talking about the car or the brand?
I will admit the car is expensive; for those who like to drive down the road quietly screaming " I have money to burn"
A brand just like the car, Ford had money, they bought Range Rover, got burnt and sold it to Tata(has money) now selling(?) Evoque(burning money) who will soon sell it to the Chinese. grin
And the car; how many owners do you know that owned a Range for over 6 years, or bought 2 back to back? And all those Ranges on Naija road come from the auction(yard sale grin)
Re: GLEAMING NEW RANGE ROVER EVOQUE UNVEILED !!! by bruv(m): 1:52pm On Jul 18, 2010
@Sultaan; I reckon its the car and the brand. Hmm, there's loads of sense in your comments: "for those who like to drive down the road quietly screaming " I have money to burn" I will most defo drive the Bentley GT Coupe but @ approx £139,950 a pop its more like screaming (quietly of cos) "The money has been burnt, please deal with it, !" LOL
Re: GLEAMING NEW RANGE ROVER EVOQUE UNVEILED !!! by Onwan: 1:58pm On Jul 18, 2010
sultaan:

Are we talking about the car or the brand?
I will admit the car is expensive; for those who like to drive down the road quietly screaming " I have money to burn"
A brand just like the car, Ford had money, they bought Range Rover, got burnt and sold it to Tata(has money) now selling(?) Evoque(burning money) who will soon sell it to the Chinese. grin
And the car; how many owners do you know that owned a Range for over 6 years, or bought 2 back to back? And all those Ranges on Naija road come from the auction(yard sale grin)

@Sultaan
From my little experience with cars and ownership; I have come to realise that there is a reason why one brand new car costs $25,000.00 and another brand new car costs $90,000.00 - the difference in build material, build quality, handling, comfort and reliability is mind blowing.

When a car is expensive, its not because it has a high price tag; its because for instance, - we keep looking for cold pure water on thirdmainland bridge to cool our blown camry gasket while a bentley or a phantom has its engine lined in pure gold foils to avoid overheating

Its because for instance - you have to drop your side glasses a little bit in your honda when parked in the sun to avoid your fabric or inferior leather interior catching fire while in a maybach or a phantom there is an internal cooling that runs independent of the engine when parked

Its because for instance - you need to always look for a rewire to rent a battery each time your china alternator messes up in your Honda while at a push of a button in a Maybach or a Phantom, a reserved power jump-starts your car. These options come by default.

There was a Generator someone bought in the early 80s, It came with a Rolls Royce engine, it still runs till date - I can tell you how many Honda/Elemax/Tiger things I have had to give away, just to have peace of mind.

So you see, your 2012 Camry comes without a Navigation screen, while Viperman's 2003 Porsche Cayenne comes with GPS Navigation - dont even get me started on the kind of gadgets you will find in a Rolls Royce Phantom, OR in the Maybach, or even in the Benntley
Re: GLEAMING NEW RANGE ROVER EVOQUE UNVEILED !!! by Onwan: 2:02pm On Jul 18, 2010
@Sultaaan
You think those planes you fly in were built in 2010 - Nah, thanks to the Rolls Royce Engines they carry, most of them were built in the 70s - analyse that.
Re: GLEAMING NEW RANGE ROVER EVOQUE UNVEILED !!! by bruv(m): 2:02pm On Jul 18, 2010
Onwan:

@Sultaan
From my little experience with cars and ownership; I have come to realise that there is a reason why one brand new car costs $25,000.00 and another brand new car costs $90,000.00 - the difference in build material, build quality, handling, comfort and reliability is mind blowing.

When a car is expensive, its not because it has a high price tag; its because for instance, - we keep looking for cold pure water on thirdmainland bridge to cool our blown camry gasket while a bentley or a phantom has its engine lined in pure gold foils to avoid overheating

Its because for instance - you have to drop your side glasses a little bit in your honda when parked in the sun to avoid your fabric or inferior leather interior catching fire while in a maybach or a phantom there is an internal cooling that runs independent of the engine when parked

Its because for instance - you need to always look for a rewire to rent a battery each time your china alternator messes up in your Honda while at a push of a button in a Maybach or a Phantom, a reserved power jump-starts your car. These options come by default.

There was a Generator someone bought in the early 80s, It came with a Rolls Royce engine, it still runs till date - I can tell you how many Honda/Elemax/Tiger things I have had to give away, just to have peace of mind.

So you see, your 2012 Camry comes without a Navigation screen, while Viperman's 2003 Porsche Cayenne comes with GPS Navigation - dont even get me started on the kind of gadgets you will find in a Rolls Royce Phantom, OR in the Maybach, or even in the Benntley

@Onwan; CASE CLOSED, cool
Re: GLEAMING NEW RANGE ROVER EVOQUE UNVEILED !!! by sultaan(m): 2:25pm On Jul 18, 2010
About the overheating and battery issues, well it happens to all (ab)used cars  from the auction, the cooling system comes with th $22k Prius.
I wonder how many new Honda engines I can by with the cost of a Rolls Royce engine.
FYI using the HONDA and the other Chinese engines in the same line is not cool.

Are we comparing a fully loaded 2010 Camry to a 2003 Porsche Cayenne or base models?
It is available for those willing to pay the extra $$ for it, when a good GPS unit cost about $180 and can be move between cars.

Onwan:

@Sultaaan
You think those planes you fly in were built in 2010 - Nah, thanks to the Rolls Royce Engines they carry, most of them were built in the 70s - analyse that.

Yeah I know about the engines in the planes you fly in naija
Re: GLEAMING NEW RANGE ROVER EVOQUE UNVEILED !!! by Onwan: 3:14pm On Jul 18, 2010
Quality always cost way more than clones.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

7 Reasons Why Driverless Cars Won't Work On Nigerian Roads / Let's Discuss USED Vehicles / Distributors Needed Nationwide,buy Portable Electric Car Tyre Air Pump,

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.