Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,114 members, 7,818,320 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:36 PM

GLEAMING NEW RANGE ROVER EVOQUE UNVEILED !!! - Autos (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / GLEAMING NEW RANGE ROVER EVOQUE UNVEILED !!! (22108 Views)

Brand New Range Sport Fully Loaded 014 21.5m 08061311315 08028612026 / Tokunbo 2012 RANGE ROVER EVOQUE... / Tokunbo 2012 Land Rover Range Rover Evoque Prestige 4-door,,Price: N11m (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: GLEAMING NEW RANGE ROVER EVOQUE UNVEILED !!! by Onwan: 3:27pm On Jul 18, 2010
sultaan:

About the overheating and battery issues, well it happens to all (ab)used cars  from the auction, the cooling system comes with th $22k Prius.
I wonder how many new Honda engines I can by with the cost of a Rolls Royce engine.
FYI using the HONDA and the other Chinese engines in the same line is not cool.

Are we comparing a fully loaded 2010 Camry to a 2003 Porsche Cayenne or base models?
It is available for those willing to pay the extra $$ for it, when a good GPS unit cost about $180 and can be move between cars.

Yeah I know about the engines in the planes you fly in naija

For the airplanes; thats a whole new topic Bre, I know right there in the states there are lots of 80s airplanes currently flying routes - thats what keep companies specialized in refurbishing airplanes going.
Re: GLEAMING NEW RANGE ROVER EVOQUE UNVEILED !!! by sultaan(m): 4:22pm On Jul 18, 2010
Ever tried to dervice a Range Rover at Coscharis recently?

They are good trucks, just not viable on long term in terms of cost of ownership.
Re: GLEAMING NEW RANGE ROVER EVOQUE UNVEILED !!! by Onwan: 8:29pm On Jul 18, 2010
@Sultaan
The same thing applies to Hondas at Honda place or Toyota at any of the dealerships. You do not have to take your ride to any of those places for fixing - even overseas, dealerships are a nightmare, hence the DIY kits, tools and concept.

For instance, I was billed N59,450 plus 3 weeks delivery at MB place in Surulere to order and change a steering angle sensor (ABS +Airmatics+ESP Problems) BUT I drove to Owode Onirin and had the same thing removed from my same specs. vehicle for N3,000 and with the help of online guides, I changed it myself at home in 30 minutes (I know IF I have to do it again it will be less than 5 minutes)
Re: GLEAMING NEW RANGE ROVER EVOQUE UNVEILED !!! by mrkoma2012: 8:35pm On Jul 18, 2010
Well anticipated ride lyk d peugeot rcz.Cant wait 2 c wot it looks lyk in flesh
Re: GLEAMING NEW RANGE ROVER EVOQUE UNVEILED !!! by Onwan: 8:42pm On Jul 18, 2010
mrkoma2012:

Well anticipated ride lyk d peugeot rcz.Cant wait 2 c wot it looks lyk in flesh
Its almost a fair answer to the Nissan 350z
Re: GLEAMING NEW RANGE ROVER EVOQUE UNVEILED !!! by Onwan: 8:48pm On Jul 18, 2010
Cool design

Re: GLEAMING NEW RANGE ROVER EVOQUE UNVEILED !!! by Onwan: 8:52pm On Jul 18, 2010
But on the other hand, being a European build, it is way better than the 350z. Wonder what price it will go for.
Re: GLEAMING NEW RANGE ROVER EVOQUE UNVEILED !!! by sultaan(m): 11:40pm On Jul 18, 2010
Its now a 370Z
Re: GLEAMING NEW RANGE ROVER EVOQUE UNVEILED !!! by Onwan: 7:23am On Jul 19, 2010
sultaan:

Its now a 370Z
Yeah, better engine, almost the same body BUT a better ground clearance (especially at the rear) - This is compared to the 350Z

Re: GLEAMING NEW RANGE ROVER EVOQUE UNVEILED !!! by bruv(m): 12:32pm On Jul 19, 2010
The Nissan 370Z and Peugeot RCZ are so similar, I wonder which came first: "The chicken or the egg" ?
However, I reckon the Nissan will have more patronage than the Peugeot (esp in Europe and North America) and quoting from Onwan's comments:
"Yeah, better engine, almost the same body BUT a better ground clearance (especially at the rear) - This is compared to the 350Z" it's an improvement from the previous model (Nissan 350Z)
Re: GLEAMING NEW RANGE ROVER EVOQUE UNVEILED !!! by Onwan: 1:26pm On Jul 19, 2010
bruv:

The Nissan 370Z and Peugeot RCZ are so similar, I wonder which came first: "The chicken or the egg" ?
However, I reckon the Nissan will have more patronage than the Peugeot (esp in Europe and North America) and quoting from Onwan's comments:
"Yeah, better engine, almost the same body BUT a better ground clearance (especially at the rear) - This is compared to the 350Z" it's an improvement from the previous model (Nissan 350Z)
The latest 407 really had me thinking - thats why Im not so suprised at the RCZ. In my own opinion, The RCZ is way more sophisticated than the Nissan; just take a look at the build, especially the roof - this has a F1, Bugatti angle to it, which of course will be backed up by a strong chassis and powerful engine, as compared to the regular helmet design of the ZX. PLUS the RCZ is European - they generally have a standard for build qualities, rather than the Chinese/japs with their clone concepts (excluding the Lexus of course)
Re: GLEAMING NEW RANGE ROVER EVOQUE UNVEILED !!! by bruv(m): 1:56pm On Jul 19, 2010
@Onwan; LOL from your comments "Peugeot RCZ has a F1, Bugatti angle to it" shows you are really pushing it and having a laugh! LOL
No doubt the RCZ may be backed up by a strong chassis and powerful engine BUT it’s all about buyers perceptions and "Badge Snobbery".
Adverts and marketing also play major roles in deciding choice irrespective of a "strong chassis or powerful engine" This has plagued "decent" cars like the SEAT, SKODA, et al,  I still think the Nissan 370Z will out sell the Peugeot RCZ irrespective of its so called "clone concept" because it will be cheaper, widely available and have better marketing,. How many Peugeots' have you seen being driven in North America? I'm not even sure they know what it is, LOL (That's a joke) sophisticated as it may be the badge don't seem right on that ride
Re: GLEAMING NEW RANGE ROVER EVOQUE UNVEILED !!! by Onwan: 2:52pm On Jul 19, 2010
Very true
Re: GLEAMING NEW RANGE ROVER EVOQUE UNVEILED !!! by Onwan: 2:54pm On Jul 19, 2010
But we still still know the real things though.

Just like in that film (2 Fast 2 Furious) - where Mitsubishi Evo was taking on Ferrari, etc - very fake BUT good marketing.
Re: GLEAMING NEW RANGE ROVER EVOQUE UNVEILED !!! by bruv(m): 3:22pm On Jul 19, 2010
Onwan:

But we still still know the real things though.

Just like in that film (2 Fast 2 Furious) - where Mitsubishi Evo was taking on Ferrari, etc - very fake BUT good marketing.

@Onwan; Erm, (2 Fast 2 Furious) Part 1 or 2?? Just kidding However, those Mitsubishi EVO's and Subaru Impreza aint no push overs either.
Hmm, sadly not sure there's a market for them type cars on NL or 9jar sad cos they ain't Honda or Toyota and most importantly no mechanic has the "gumpshun" or the foggiest idea on where to start from.
Re: GLEAMING NEW RANGE ROVER EVOQUE UNVEILED !!! by Onwan: 4:18pm On Jul 19, 2010
@Bruv
I must be missing something out here. How can you even place an evo in a sports category? - Anyways, those things are just cheap clones.

Have you seen this: http://www.supereplicas.com/newrealeases.htm - You will be shocked at what those Chinese people can come up with.
Re: GLEAMING NEW RANGE ROVER EVOQUE UNVEILED !!! by bruv(m): 5:02pm On Jul 19, 2010
@Onwan; Please spare my blushes; I aint putting the EVO and Impreza in the sports category BUT those cars got some meat,
Anyway, true talk "If it ain't PANADOL, Its not the same as PANADOL" I'm not surprised at the Chinese "clonifications" of anything, however these things have a market. Go to any spare part dealer in 9JAR and peeps are ready to PAY for products that they know are FAKE. "Analyse that" LOL
Re: GLEAMING NEW RANGE ROVER EVOQUE UNVEILED !!! by Onwan: 5:56pm On Jul 19, 2010
True in some quarters.
Re: GLEAMING NEW RANGE ROVER EVOQUE UNVEILED !!! by bruv(m): 8:49pm On Jul 19, 2010
Onwan:

True in some quarters.

@Onwan; more like "True in majority of most quarters" LOL
Re: GLEAMING NEW RANGE ROVER EVOQUE UNVEILED !!! by Onwan: 9:01pm On Jul 19, 2010
@Bruv
You are looking at Nigeria the wrong way pal; most people these days buy 2000+ vehicles and there is market for high end vehicles now - with these, people have learnt to be involved in what parts are being used on their vehicles. So, like I said, that theory applies to about 10% of vehicle owners (which will be majorly Molue, danfo and local kabu-kabu)
Re: GLEAMING NEW RANGE ROVER EVOQUE UNVEILED !!! by bruv(m): 9:37pm On Jul 19, 2010
@Onwan; grin You have schooled me and I've exposed my naivety about 9JAR once again embarassed LOL
However these "high-end vehicles" don't seem to be selling well/fast on NL as a number of Cayenne's, Infinity's, et al are "still available" not even mentioning most rides over N2m, Hmm, hopefully NL is not for the 10%? LOL [Erm that's a JOKE grin] But seriously, the issue is not only fake parts but technical know-how for these "high-end vehicles" Maybe 9JAR needs more mech engineers like "sienna" to come open shop [I can only imagine the patronage - NO JOKES] *Hint Hint*
Re: GLEAMING NEW RANGE ROVER EVOQUE UNVEILED !!! by Onwan: 9:54pm On Jul 19, 2010
@Bruv
Of course most auto-shops are expensive, even overseas, thats why lots of mobile scanners are springing up and people are getting into the DIY thing. The thing is that most high-end or averagely new model vehicles are intelligent and troubleshooting and repairs are what anyone with time, energy and enough intelligence for online research can handle OR supervise an average mechanic.

Beleive me, lots of car owners in Nigeria are catching on.
Re: GLEAMING NEW RANGE ROVER EVOQUE UNVEILED !!! by Onwan: 10:00pm On Jul 19, 2010
And about the vehicles on nairaland; they are nothing compared to the number of vehicles you will see on your average way to work or to town, hence a lot of people buy from regular car lots than online - especially in Lagos; somewhere like Alausa for instance, you get to pick your Infiniti FX, Lexus GX, BMW X5 by the colour at real bargain prices
Re: GLEAMING NEW RANGE ROVER EVOQUE UNVEILED !!! by bruv(m): 9:01am On Jul 21, 2010
@Onwan; I guess you right about the number of high-end/other vehicles available at Alausa and other Car Lots in Lagos when compared to online sources in 9jar and NL in particular but I reckon there is more scrutiny and "valued" dealer reputation on NL rather than making decisions on how well valeted "clean" the ride is when you view at Alausa with your mechanic that has no clue on the workings of these “high-end” rides. At least on NL we can ask sienna, et al for an independent opinion on what to look out for when viewing/inspecting before we buy. Irrespective, in my humble and honest opinion, NL may need some more "publicity" as I'm not sure I've seen, read or heard an advert about NL on the TV, newspaper or radio.
[Some folks I know in 9jar still haven’t heard about NL shocked sad ]
Re: GLEAMING NEW RANGE ROVER EVOQUE UNVEILED !!! by Onwan: 2:32pm On Jul 21, 2010
@Bruv
Ive met a good number of car lot owners and they dont strike me like folks who have the time to put any ads on the internet. I was with a guy - Kandid Autos in Ikeja some days back and while we were doing our transaction I understood the guy is simply too busy to even spend 5 minutes uninterrupted on the internet BUT some chaps were there and I guess one of them was the person that put the vehicle online - Thats some initiative right there and Im sure those chaps get their commission off the sales.

Another thing is that people have different views when it comes to checking out a vehicle - I have never done a VIN check for instance and I have no regrets whatsoever, same way some people cannot stand going to a place like Berger where you will leave home with a budget for an ML and come back with an Acura MDS simply because you will see soooooo much that you will be confused.

I think it depends on who gets to you first with what you want and at a price you fancy.
Re: GLEAMING NEW RANGE ROVER EVOQUE UNVEILED !!! by bruv(m): 2:47pm On Jul 22, 2010
@Onwan; you surely are on the money from your comments esp when you mentioned:

"Another thing is that people have different views when it comes to checking out a vehicle - I have never done a VIN check for instance and I have no regrets whatsoever, same way some people cannot stand going to a place like Berger where you will leave home with a budget for an ML and come back with an Acura MDS simply because you will see soooooo much that you will be confused."

You really are very lucky for never doing a VIN check on a ride but maybe because you're a "Vatican Chap" and I hope no one follow your rule!! LOL

Anyway, buying a ride "off the cuff" in places like Berger might be reason why some people complain about how "unreliable" some cars are because they haven't thought the purchase through [spare-part availability, tech know-how, fuel running cost, general maintenance cost/habit etc, etc, etc] 

At least when surfing online or on NL, you can do your research by asking as many questions as you can from mech engr gurus' like "sienna" et al, before you decide. Besides the market outreach one also gets from online adverts can't be compared as long as the website/forum has been/is adequately publicized.
Re: GLEAMING NEW RANGE ROVER EVOQUE UNVEILED !!! by Onwan: 4:57pm On Jul 22, 2010
@Bruv

Very funny coments you made right there cheesy

There are some things I base my views on;

1. I personally do not beleive in those reports as I understand that they can be doctored for insurance or vehicle sales purposes
2. Even IF a car has been involved in an accident - I personally would pay more for it than a single owner toks IF It was well rebuilt in a very good auto workshop in the US, Canada or Europe - I have had the opportunity of visiting an autocenter on the outskirts of Vienna and the way they rebuilt an accident Lexus IS using brand new OEM parts convinced me I will be better off with that car than a 2 years old single owner toks.
3. An average car goes for about or above 1Million and thats quite some money to invest in a vehicle; at that an owner should at least invest some time in research about the model and do some very serious search online for the brand/model's vulnerability - I have had to join online clubs for BMW, Benz and have had to hear and read from actual owners with real problems and how they handled it and solved the problems - this has helped me a couple of times on repairs and has saved me a lot of money. Out there, owners always knock dealerships and autocenters and encourage DIY and provide very useful materials and links to shops for ordering parts you would not easily find here. For me its a very big help and necessity. There are tasks that owners cannot do themselves BUT the edge is that you can call a mechanic and supervise him step by step BECAUSE you are working with the experience of actual owners.

In buying a vehicle however, an intending owner should also go online and research on the brand/model's vulnerability and sample out a forum or two with actual owners and their experiences; then know exactly what to look out for when buying. Going with your mechanic is most of the time usually a waste of time and money (except a mechanic you have a good history with) because your mechanic will simply be promised 5k to make the sales go through.

These are my views - Intending or actual owners these days have no choice than to be involved - the alternative to this can be very very expensive on the long run.
Re: GLEAMING NEW RANGE ROVER EVOQUE UNVEILED !!! by bruv(m): 5:24pm On Jul 22, 2010
@"Monsignor"Onwan [Peace Be With U]; Ur comment is spot on as usual BUT still suggest no one follow your "I have never done a VIN check" LOL

There are penalties for meddling with a car history (Odometer roll back, etc) so I'm more inclined to having one done before I venture besides there are also litigation issues when we buy on "green light" from the "yard sale" if there are variations in what we purchase and the VIN report.
Re: GLEAMING NEW RANGE ROVER EVOQUE UNVEILED !!! by Onwan: 7:04pm On Jul 22, 2010
@Bruv

I understand your point on certain standards out there as compared to Nigeria, which (in my view) is basically the limitations of living out there. For me personally, living out there is like living in a cage right in the middle of a police station - and Im very happy and comfortable with Nigeria and would not choose to live anywhere else.

For instance, out there, my one stop auto place would be scrap yards or joints you would refer to as a Chop shops - where they sell good auto parts and Im sure there are arrangements for vehicle customizations and major repairs without raising dusts.

This outrightly depends on your views though.
Re: GLEAMING NEW RANGE ROVER EVOQUE UNVEILED !!! by bruv(m): 8:32pm On Jul 22, 2010
@"Monsignor"Onwan; Thanks, I've been more enlightened about 9JAR but quite "happy and comfortable" where I am @ the mo,  LOL

I recommend your next ride should be a PORSCHE PANAMERA 4.8 V8 TURBO
[That's if the "Vatican" approves because its a sin @ approx £98,000 a pop!!]

1 Share

Re: GLEAMING NEW RANGE ROVER EVOQUE UNVEILED !!! by bruv(m): 9:00pm On Jul 22, 2010
More pics

Re: GLEAMING NEW RANGE ROVER EVOQUE UNVEILED !!! by Onwan: 9:16pm On Jul 22, 2010
bruv:

@"Monsignor"Onwan; Thanks, I've been more enlightened about 9JAR but quite "happy and comfortable" where I am @ the mo,  LOL

I recommend your next ride should be a PORSCHE PANAMERA 4.8 V8 TURBO
[That's if the "Vatican" approves because its a sin @ approx £98,000 a pop!!]
cheesy

This ride redefines a lot and almost creates a new description/class - Sports Sedan. You practically feel the rush without even driving it. Is it just me or Porsche vehicles are generally cheaper than its counterparts in the luxury sports industry - an aston of this class will probably cost as much as 250k.

Overall, Its a very nice ride especially the engine size - for an auto enthusiast like myself, anything less than a V8 is a waste of my time,

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

7 Reasons Why Driverless Cars Won't Work On Nigerian Roads / Let's Discuss USED Vehicles / Distributors Needed Nationwide,buy Portable Electric Car Tyre Air Pump,

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.