Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,641 members, 7,823,820 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 04:02 PM

Who Is Your Best Novelist? - Literature (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Who Is Your Best Novelist? (15384 Views)

Meet Flora Nwapa, Africa`s First Woman Novelist And First Novel Publisher / Flora Nwapa, First Female Novelist / Amos Tutuola, The Extra Ordinary Novelist Of Yoruba Phantasmagoria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Is Your Best Novelist? by lovelyS(m): 2:39pm On Jul 18, 2007
James Hadley Chase,James Hadley Chase,James Hadley Chase,James Hadley Chase,James Hadley Chase,James Hadley Chase,James Hadley Chase,James Hadley Chase,James Hadley Chase,James Hadley Chase,James Hadley Chase,James Hadley Chase

AND

James Hadley Chase
Re: Who Is Your Best Novelist? by tboy1(m): 2:59pm On Jul 18, 2007
James Patterson
Andrew Gross
P.J Tracy
Re: Who Is Your Best Novelist? by lafile(m): 4:48pm On Jul 18, 2007
Frederick Forsyth!
You can add Thomas Harris - the man that created the greatest villain of all time, Hannibal Lecter.
Re: Who Is Your Best Novelist? by Hugoboi(m): 4:50pm On Jul 18, 2007
Frederick Forsyth!

I concurr

I also wish to add Robert Ludlum 'the master storyteller'
Re: Who Is Your Best Novelist? by bunmeee(f): 4:52pm On Jul 18, 2007
John Grisham
Danielle Steele
Nora Roberts
Francine Rivers
Re: Who Is Your Best Novelist? by tuneri(m): 6:02pm On Jul 18, 2007
my favorite authors r sidney sheldon[all his books r fabulous],john grisham[run away jury] n micheal crichton[sphere is a masterpiece]
Re: Who Is Your Best Novelist? by Nobody: 6:58pm On Jul 18, 2007
myself(abuse Us}yet to be published
SidneySheldon
james Hadley Chase
Chimamanda Adichie
danielSteel

good
Re: Who Is Your Best Novelist? by zubbiedan(m): 7:01pm On Jul 18, 2007
david baldacci,sheldon.ken follet, grisham, archer, fredrick forsyth,clive clusser.to mention but a few
Re: Who Is Your Best Novelist? by spikedcylinder: 7:50pm On Jul 18, 2007
thank you o zubbiedan for mentioning David Baldacci! Does it mean no one here has read anything by him? My personal favourite is the winner. . .anyone read it?
Re: Who Is Your Best Novelist? by oyie(f): 8:32pm On Jul 18, 2007
i feel you guys o!o cool
i love novels from james hadley(but when i was much younger),sidney sheldon,micheal crinchton,jackie collins(amebo),robert ludlem(but they are in my opinon unnecessarily too long),danielle steel(y does she seem to like sorrowful theme or what?)obin cook(medical lines),and my lady anytime MARY HUGGINS CLARK!The list is off
Re: Who Is Your Best Novelist? by monstah(m): 9:18pm On Jul 18, 2007
kellorah's said it all, mario puzo,tom clancy,robert ludlum complete that list!
Re: Who Is Your Best Novelist? by uzygirl(f): 10:11pm On Jul 18, 2007
Sheldon, Grisham, Conan Doyle, Mary H. Clark, Jane Austen, Barbara Taylor Bradford
Re: Who Is Your Best Novelist? by mwater1: 12:54pm On Jul 19, 2007
has anyone out there heard of john le carre?
Re: Who Is Your Best Novelist? by seunspice(m): 2:20pm On Jul 19, 2007
i gave up novels some years ago, but apart from religious books, i would do anything to read Sidney Sheldon novels
Re: Who Is Your Best Novelist? by BASETSANA(f): 2:49pm On Jul 19, 2007
My favourite writers are
Enid Blyton
Danielle Steel
Virginia Andrews
Re: Who Is Your Best Novelist? by bugado(m): 3:07pm On Jul 19, 2007
well. i will give it to the first noble prize winner in nigeria. wole soyinka.
Re: Who Is Your Best Novelist? by aikmamah1(m): 11:19pm On Jul 19, 2007
have any one read Tell No One by Harlan coben ? http://www.harlancoben.com/static/novels/tno.htm  Oh my God!! you wont keep it till its over and when you finish reading it you would start to blame yourself for rushing it to the end. TThen you would start to tell Eveyone about it (just as i am doing. Please just go get1 now and prove me wrong if you can\

WARNING: DONT READ THIS BOOK WHILE YOUR FOOD IS ON THE BURNER, I BET YOU IT WILL GET BURNT. DONT SAY I DD'NT WARN YOU !

Re: Who Is Your Best Novelist? by aikmamah1(m): 11:27pm On Jul 19, 2007
i heard that James Hardley chase is not one man but a group of Authors, i used to think its a lie till i read " we will share a double funeral". the work is good but that just wasn't his style (to the best of my knowledge though)
Re: Who Is Your Best Novelist? by RichyBlacK(m): 11:29pm On Jul 19, 2007
Cyprian Ekwensi (writer par excellence)
* The Leopard's Claw (1950)
* People of the City (1954)
* The Drummer Boy (1960)
* The Passport of Mallam Ilia (1960)
* Jagua Nana (1961)
* Burning Grass (1961)
* An African Nights Entertainment (1962)
* Beautiful Feathers (1963)
* Rainmaker (1965)
* Iska (1966)
* Lokotown (1966)
* Restless City and Christmas Gold (1975)
* Divided We Stand (1980)
* Jagua Nana's Daughter (1987)
* Behind the Convent Wall (1987)
* Gone to Mecca (1991)

Carl Sagan (teacher par excellence)
* Broca's Brain (1974)
* The Dragons of Eden (1977)
* The Demon-Haunted World (1996)
* Billions and Billions (1997)
Re: Who Is Your Best Novelist? by aikmamah1(m): 11:36pm On Jul 19, 2007
COMMENTS ON "TELL NO ONE"

Coben's latest thriller is the book everyone should take to the beach this summer, Tell everyone to read TELL NO ONE. Highly recommmended.“
-- Library Journal

“Intricate plot twists keep pace with Beck as he desperately seeks proof that his wife did not die at the hands of a serial killer who nearly did him in as well. More than halfway through this book, I forced myself to read slowly. I wanted to savor every clue, every detail, and I NEVER WANTED IT TO END. There are numerous aspects to the clincher ending, with surprises in store for the reader until the very last page.”
-- USA TODAY

Easily shifting from suspense to pathos, Coben expertly plumbs the intensity of mouring and the painful game of “what if” that comes with Beck's spark of hope, Coben has crafted a beach read so gripping it ought to come with a jumbo tube of sunscreen. Bottom line: TELL EVERYONE.”
-- People Magazine Beach Book of the Week

“Harlan Coben's Tell No One begins at a run and in no time is moving at an all-out sprint, the characters are engaging and the strange goings-on will leave readers rapidly turning pages in search of fresh clues, Coben writes with wit and a shrewd sense of plotting.”
-- San Francisco Chronicle

I don't remember the last time I felt so driven to finish a novel. And the final 30 pages, well, you'll see, Try to read TELL NO ONE slowly enough to appreciate Coben's writing. It will be hard. But try.”
-- St. Petersburg Times

I CAN GO ON AND ON AND ON
Re: Who Is Your Best Novelist? by spikedcylinder: 4:04am On Jul 20, 2007
I havent read anything by Coben or even heard about him but i think i'll go look now. Seeing thas picture of his/her book cover reminded me of another good writer. . . .Jeffery Deaver, he wrote the Bone Collector starring Denzel Washington and also wrote some other book that i cant quite remember the title right now.
Re: Who Is Your Best Novelist? by Shaunscot(m): 11:20pm On Jul 20, 2007
Robert Ludlum ROCKS!!!Frank Peretti is DA BOMB(I didnt like his last novel-Monster)
I have a Ludlum library-nothing less than 15 of his books.But Ive read almost all
@3dhunter and Apocalypse
Yeah there is a fourth Bourne.Its called the Bourne Legacy.I bought it before I even realised he wasnt the author.It was written by Eric Van Lustbader but I still havent read it(Ive had it for 5 months now).I guess Im just obsessed with Ludlum.
I started with pacesetters(back in primary) befor moving to Chase.I read nothing less than 60 JHC's before the plot started looking similar.
I was feeling the same way with Ludlum but he knocked me off with 'The Prometheus Deception'.
Thats my best Ludlum yet, Ill recommend it.
Ive read David Baldacci's 'winner' and I wasnt impressed.
I also read Sidney Sheldon's 'rage of angels' and I feel the guy is a littled hyped
Re: Who Is Your Best Novelist? by Vitastraka(m): 7:18am On Jul 21, 2007
No body talks about the collected masterpieces of Vitastraka
Re: Who Is Your Best Novelist? by SMC(f): 1:44pm On Jul 21, 2007
Vitastraka:

No body talks about the collected masterpieces of Vitastraka

For goodness sake, SHUT THE Bleep UP!!! angry

You have no works, so just button it Mister and stop ranting all over the place about your imaginary works/masterpieces. angry angry
Re: Who Is Your Best Novelist? by creatorjc(m): 4:05pm On Jul 21, 2007
well,i think my best novelist is George Orwell for his classics,1984 and ANIMAL FARM.i also like his THE ROAD TO WIGAN PIER.
Re: Who Is Your Best Novelist? by princeonx: 7:39pm On Jul 21, 2007
James Hadley Chase! anytime, anyday, anywhere! PERIOD.
Re: Who Is Your Best Novelist? by aikmamah1(m): 6:59pm On Jul 22, 2007
spikedcylinder:

I havent read anything by Coben or even heard about him but i think i'll go look now. Seeing thas picture of his/her book cover reminded me of another good writer. . . .Jeffery Deaver, he wrote the Bone Collector starring Denzel Washington and also wrote some other book that i can't quite remember the title right now.

and come to think of it, i just finished watching "The Bone Collector" man, its da bomb
Re: Who Is Your Best Novelist? by runsaway: 10:27pm On Jul 22, 2007
Daniel Olorunfemi Fagunwa. Fagunwa's first novel, Ogboju Ode Ninu Igbo Irunmale (1938; The Forest of a Thousand Daemons), was the first full-length novel published in the Yoruba language.
Wole Soyinka
Frank Peretti
robert ludlum
Chinua Achebe
shakespare
John irving
kathleen woodiwiss
Re: Who Is Your Best Novelist? by spikedcylinder: 9:29am On Jul 23, 2007
runsaway:

Daniel Olorunfemi Fagunwa. Fagunwa's first novel, Ogboju Ode Ninu Igbo Irunmale (1938; The Forest of a Thousand Daemons), was the first full-length novel published in the Yoruba language.

I have this book, its the typical African folklore.
Re: Who Is Your Best Novelist? by Phlota(f): 1:07pm On Jul 23, 2007
Sidney Sheldon, of course
Barbara Taylor Bradford
John Grisham
Nora Roberts
My all tym authors
Re: Who Is Your Best Novelist? by pachigo: 12:07am On Jul 25, 2007
Apocalypse how can you say The Partner is best of Grisham? You should read the Runaway Jury and The Firm. Meanwhile Hardly Chase is for starters. THE CHARM SCHOOL and THE ABSOLUTE POWER all by David Baldaci, they are mind blowers
Re: Who Is Your Best Novelist? by Vitastraka(m): 11:35am On Aug 05, 2007
@SMC

Why are treating Vitastraka like this?

Have you checked in the stores near you for my works?

We are supposed to be friends,

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

The Inheritance(a Thrilling Romance Story)by Rose Akpabio / A Letter To My Son's Teacher / Rugged Men......... Story

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.