Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,355 members, 7,957,955 topics. Date: Wednesday, 25 September 2024 at 05:44 AM

N17billion Anniverssary Fund: Mr. Presidet, Please Give Us Kidney Centers - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / N17billion Anniverssary Fund: Mr. Presidet, Please Give Us Kidney Centers (2078 Views)

In A Letter, Boko Haram Threatens To Attack Polling Centers In Gombe State / PHOTOS: CBN Governor Spends N17Billion Fraudulently On Mansions / Boko Haram Plans To Use Mechanics, Car Wash Centers To Plant Bombs In Cars (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

N17billion Anniverssary Fund: Mr. Presidet, Please Give Us Kidney Centers by Nobody: 1:46pm On Jul 08, 2010
Am begging Mr. President to use the N10billion Owambe fund to give us a national kidney cetnter so that Nigerian Children will stop dying from kidney failure. Today another boy died, his mother (A widow) owes N665000 to National Hospital, cost of Dialysis for the last year, No kidney transplant center in the whole of Nigeria. Each week in National Hospital alone 30 children undergo dialysis twice or thrice weekly, the whole of Nigeria, there is no Kidney center.
Equiping four hospitals to handle kidney cases will be the best 50th anniverssary present to Nigerian kids, and nigerians, Nigerians deserve a fighting chnace to live. The boy that died, was the best Mathes and Physics student in his school, poor boy did not have fighting chance, no N10miilion to go to India, so after 3 years of trying to raise N10million, he gave up.
Abeg help me beg Mr. President, we have lost too many people to Kidney failure, the whole of Nigeria, we cannot boast of a kidney transplant center. it will cost N500 Million to equip hospitals with Kidney treatment and transplant facilities, four cneters will cost N2Billion, the rest could be used to set up a fund for children and even adults suffering from Cancer and Kidney failures. Its too heartbreaking, please Help me post this on his face book page, since Facebook is the only means of communication to him
Re: N17billion Anniverssary Fund: Mr. Presidet, Please Give Us Kidney Centers by dolu2007(m): 2:52pm On Jul 08, 2010
That money would go a long way in fixing power challenge in the Country
Re: N17billion Anniverssary Fund: Mr. Presidet, Please Give Us Kidney Centers by snowdrops(m): 3:41pm On Jul 08, 2010
It is so sad that Nigerian leaders are stone cold to the sufferings of the common man.

I would suggest you paste this comments on Jonathan's facebook page. Maybe him or his aides will read it.

Secondly, as we all know we cannot put our hopes on the Nigerian government. I would suggest something more radical. Why don't NL live up to the challenge. There are over half a million users, a good number live overseas, and an even good number are financially buoyant.

Therefore lets all contribute towards building a National kidney centre or at least buying a dialysis machine and donating to one of the centres. That way we might shame the government into action.
Re: N17billion Anniverssary Fund: Mr. Presidet, Please Give Us Kidney Centers by Kx: 3:45pm On Jul 08, 2010
snowdrops:

I would suggest you paste this comments on Jonathan's facebook page. Maybe him or his aides will read it.

He only responds to football issues in facebook. sad sad sad sad sad
Re: N17billion Anniverssary Fund: Mr. Presidet, Please Give Us Kidney Centers by ayinba1(f): 3:46pm On Jul 08, 2010
The President who travelled out of the contry 3 times a week for dialysis did not set up a kidney center, what exactly will be Mr Goodluck's motivation in doing that?

I guess there's no harm in asking
Re: N17billion Anniverssary Fund: Mr. Presidet, Please Give Us Kidney Centers by snowdrops(m): 3:47pm On Jul 08, 2010
Kx:

He only responds to football issues in facebook. sad sad sad sad sad
Not exactly. He did at least claim to have read and then acted on a suggestion from someone about some? energy saving machinery.
Re: N17billion Anniverssary Fund: Mr. Presidet, Please Give Us Kidney Centers by snowdrops(m): 3:50pm On Jul 08, 2010
@ ayinba1

His was more than just dialysis. He was a very ill person.
I guess thats well observed. At least he reportedly brought the most modern expensive medical equipments as well as man-power to state house for regular monitoring and treatment.
Re: N17billion Anniverssary Fund: Mr. Presidet, Please Give Us Kidney Centers by Fhemmmy: 3:59pm On Jul 08, 2010
Beautiful and meaningful suggestion
Re: N17billion Anniverssary Fund: Mr. Presidet, Please Give Us Kidney Centers by Kobojunkie: 4:09pm On Jul 08, 2010
@Poster, give him an Ultimatum . . . or tell him he will be penalized if he does not help. That might get him working on your demand  . . ROFLMAO!!

Anyways . . . keep it up, he might get to you soon @Poster.
Re: N17billion Anniverssary Fund: Mr. Presidet, Please Give Us Kidney Centers by redsun(m): 4:24pm On Jul 08, 2010
This is it,this is nigeria for you.They waste our resources on bogus salaries,whopping allowances,expensive champagne and first class trips abroad instead of spending on practical things that will uplift the the lives of the people.
Re: N17billion Anniverssary Fund: Mr. Presidet, Please Give Us Kidney Centers by blacksta(m): 4:57pm On Jul 08, 2010
If we can together and build a kidney center that would great - Lost my father to kidney issue as well -
I am ready if you guys are ready. Lets do it .
Re: N17billion Anniverssary Fund: Mr. Presidet, Please Give Us Kidney Centers by snowdrops(m): 5:16pm On Jul 08, 2010
blacksta:

If we can together and build a kidney center that would great - Lost my father to kidney issue as well -
I am ready, if there is a genuine commitment to this course.

Am sorry to hear about your dad. I lost a sibling to kidney disease as well.
Re: N17billion Anniverssary Fund: Mr. Presidet, Please Give Us Kidney Centers by CyberG: 5:20pm On Jul 08, 2010
Yar'Adua was criticized a lot buy Jonathan is another Yar'Adua and should be made to start to feel the heat NOW! I think Jonathan is another pinhead and will soon be down on his luck after squandering all the goodwill he has with this madness of N10 B anniversary and traveling all over the world with hundreds of useless politicians at Nigeria's expense!
Re: N17billion Anniverssary Fund: Mr. Presidet, Please Give Us Kidney Centers by PapaBrowne(m): 2:35am On Jul 10, 2010
blacksta:

I am ready  if you guys are ready. Lets do it

You've got the right spirit jare. I believe it can be done by the people.  I'm game!!
Re: N17billion Anniverssary Fund: Mr. Presidet, Please Give Us Kidney Centers by Nobody: 12:16pm On Jul 11, 2010
blacksta:

Sorry about your loss.
I love your suggestion. A kidney center is tres Expensive, it reqiures lots of expensive equipments, Maintanace and manpower,
Still as many as have access to Jonathan on Facebook, please paste this message for him on his page, the cases of kidney failure rise daily, this is a national Issue, as much as I like doing my part, its high time we collectively remind those who are supposed to appropirate our common wealth on the real issues. The money is there for God sakes, we need to constatntly put them on their toes and bring them back to earth.
How can they go to sleep at night after spending N9.5 billion to eat drink and be merry while the whole of Nigeria has no Kidney or cancer center. Turai, where is our Cancer Center Money?
Peharps they will prefer we take up militancy to drive home the point, since it is only militants who can get their attention
Re: N17billion Anniverssary Fund: Mr. Presidet, Please Give Us Kidney Centers by Nobody: 12:51pm On Jul 11, 2010
aisha2:

Am begging Mr. President to use the N10billion Owambe fund to give us a national kidney cetnter so that Nigerian Children will stop dying from kidney failure. Today another boy died, his mother (A widow) owes N665000 to National Hospital, cost of Dialysis for the last year, No kidney transplant center in the whole of Nigeria. Each week in National Hospital alone 30 children undergo dialysis twice or thrice weekly, the whole of Nigeria, there is no Kidney center.
Equiping four hospitals to handle kidney cases will be the best 50th anniverssary present to Nigerian kids, and nigerians, Nigerians deserve a fighting chnace to live. The boy that died, was the best Mathes and Physics student in his school, poor boy did not have fighting chance, no N10miilion to go to India, so after 3 years of trying to raise N10million, he gave up.
Abeg help me beg Mr. President, we have lost too many people to Kidney failure, the whole of Nigeria, we cannot boast of a kidney transplant center. it will cost N500 Million to equip hospitals with Kidney treatment and transplant facilities, four cneters will cost N2Billion, the rest could be used to set up a fund for children and even adults suffering from Cancer and Kidney failures. Its too heartbreaking, please Help me post this on his face book page, since Facebook is the only means of communication to him
i thought health care is supposed to be a RIGHT and not privilege to nigerians. . .kids and other citizens are dying everyday and we are intending celebrate independence with #10 billion.i wish this initiative get his attention ASAP.
Re: N17billion Anniverssary Fund: Mr. Presidet, Please Give Us Kidney Centers by monkeyleg: 1:39pm On Jul 11, 2010
@Aisha2,

Well done for making the right sort noise. I only hope that Mr President would take note. My best mate suffered same problem, but was one of the lucky few to be flown out. But for everyone luck chap, there are probably 1000s of unlucky people.

This is why I constantly come on here shout. A new Nigeria is only possible if Nigerians trully and earnstly seek it. There is so much worng with our society, I just cannot understand why we as a people cannot move to change our situation. We never really act as a people who want change. We should be taking our politicians to task, demanding they do thier job, rather than wait for constant payouts.
Re: N17billion Anniverssary Fund: Mr. Presidet, Please Give Us Kidney Centers by Kobojunkie: 1:40am On Jul 12, 2010
@Aisha2, what if you also suggested that the center could be set up during the anniversary in memory of Yar adua. You could also add that it would be a great way of remembering such a (teeth clenched) wonderful president who was taken away from us before his time by a serious illness.

I know you are not a fan of the man(yar adua), but sometimes arse kissing gets the job done!! lol
Re: N17billion Anniverssary Fund: Mr. Presidet, Please Give Us Kidney Centers by Nobody: 7:49pm On Jul 12, 2010
Kobojunkie you are right. Am working on something solid on this issue, enough is really enough. It saps me to see children from 3 years dyig of kidne failure, you go week after week and wacth a child waste. Really it will be hard to understand till you see it
Re: N17billion Anniverssary Fund: Mr. Presidet, Please Give Us Kidney Centers by Nobody: 9:10pm On Jul 12, 2010
http://www.placng.org/House%20Votes%20and%20Processings%20Thursday,%20May%2027,2010%20.pdf
A bill to build a National Kidney Center has been in the house since 2007, just passed second reading, hmmm, a lot of advocacy to our reps. Please Guys do me a favor and write to your reps concerning this bill, abeg. Thanks I will put together a catolugue and send to the chairman Commitee on Health and other members on this issue to push the issue. Lets all do our bit, sometimes, they just need a push
Re: N17billion Anniverssary Fund: Mr. Presidet, Please Give Us Kidney Centers by snowdrops(m): 9:41pm On Jul 12, 2010
aisha2:

http://www.placng.org/House%20Votes%20and%20Processings%20Thursday,%20May%2027,2010%20.pdf
A bill to build a National Kidney Center has been in the house since 2007, just passed second reading, hmmm, a lot of advocacy to our reps. Please Guys do me a favor and write to your reps concerning this bill, abeg. Thanks I will put together a catolugue and send to the chairman Commitee on Health and other members on this issue to push the issue. Lets all do our bit, sometimes, they just need a push
its a shame that [as far as i know] none of the reps. have email adddress for use by their constituensies or a website. No telephone numbers to their offices.

Surely in the 21st century you would think that is a basic minimum to facilitate communication.

Oh well, i am sure their real constituencies which are the godfathers and party thugs have direct contact to them.

Even the profile pages of the reps on the NASS website has no contact details. Shame.
Re: N17billion Anniverssary Fund: Mr. Presidet, Please Give Us Kidney Centers by Nobody: 10:11pm On Jul 12, 2010
Snowdrops it is really a shame however, if you are in Nigeria you can write and send to me i will deliever the mail to your reps office myself.
Re: N17billion Anniverssary Fund: Mr. Presidet, Please Give Us Kidney Centers by 4Play(m): 10:34pm On Jul 12, 2010
snowdrops:

its a shame that [as far as i know] none of the reps. have email adddress for use by their constituensies or a website. No telephone numbers to their offices.

Surely in the 21st century you would think that is a basic minimum to facilitate communication.

Oh well, i am sure their real constituencies which are the godfathers and party thugs have direct contact to them.

Even the profile pages of the reps on the NASS website has no contact details. Shame.

They are not there to serve you. They might as well set up websites with a welcoming picture of an extended middle finger.
Re: N17billion Anniverssary Fund: Mr. Presidet, Please Give Us Kidney Centers by DeepSoul(f): 11:51pm On Jul 12, 2010
Having their phone numbers and email addresses is even going too far.
Even in their various constituents, most of have them have no offices and even the for the few who do, they are barely functional.

These people cannot be reached except you have some sort of connection. They don't even know the responsibilities attached to their offices.

@Poster:
Good move. God bless you.
Re: N17billion Anniverssary Fund: Mr. Presidet, Please Give Us Kidney Centers by Nobody: 8:37am On Jul 13, 2010
4 Play:

They are not there to serve you. They might as well set up websites with a welcoming picture of an extended middle finger.
Lol, Seriously though. Please if you have any letters send them I will personally deliver them
Re: N17billion Anniverssary Fund: Mr. Presidet, Please Give Us Kidney Centers by snowdrops(m): 10:51am On Jul 13, 2010
@ aisha2

thanks for the kind gesture. I would start my letter by requesting contact information on the personal pages of all the reps on the NASS website. The iron curtain between them and the electorate needs pulling down. It should not only be during campaigns that they remember the voters.

in addition do you have an email address we should send the letter to?
Re: N17billion Anniverssary Fund: Mr. Presidet, Please Give Us Kidney Centers by Nobody: 3:59pm On Jul 13, 2010
Snow drops, please visit the National Assembly website you will find some of the information however, a lot of them do not have functioning email addressed, the best bet is to personally deliver the letters to the National Assembly.
Re: N17billion Anniverssary Fund: Mr. Presidet, Please Give Us Kidney Centers by snowdrops(m): 4:06pm On Jul 13, 2010
the letters are more likely to find their way to the trash cans than the legislators tables. anyway, no harm in pushing my luck and would be sending one to my rep. who happen to be the "igodomigodo" [dis]honourable patrick obahiagbon almighty "oyinbo" grammatical.
Re: N17billion Anniverssary Fund: Mr. Presidet, Please Give Us Kidney Centers by Kobojunkie: 4:16pm On Jul 13, 2010
If you are serious about it @snowdrops, you would maybe put up a thread with the names of these goons and ask for people to help you look for their information or something. Not throw your hands up and declare it a lost cause even before making an attempt.
Re: N17billion Anniverssary Fund: Mr. Presidet, Please Give Us Kidney Centers by snowdrops(m): 4:21pm On Jul 13, 2010
It is a difficult and not yet a lost case, hence i still plan to write my rep. c/o the National Assembly Abuja.

I am skeptical of what the aims will be asking "people" to search for their addresses. There are hundreds of reps. in Abuja. I did a random search and not one had contact details on the profile pages in the website. So the change should not be limited to my rep. but every single one so as to bridge the gap btw the electorate and the elected.
Re: N17billion Anniverssary Fund: Mr. Presidet, Please Give Us Kidney Centers by Nenum(m): 5:38pm On Jul 13, 2010
oooh wonderful aisha2.

Please help also tell Jonathan that the 2010 budget has not been signed into law (sorry i mean the house have not yet passed the bill). - these is also slowly killing some family's.

Also the PIB bill

What of the bill that concerns appointing INEC chairman. whats the name again, sorry i forgot they have already screened and cleared the new chairman in the senate. (Thank God and i ain't been sarcastic)

okay just let him know about the budget one.

i[b] am guessing it is important to a nation and that it is yearly.[/b]
Re: N17billion Anniverssary Fund: Mr. Presidet, Please Give Us Kidney Centers by Jarus(m): 6:39pm On Jul 13, 2010
Aisha2, I'm with you on this. I just finished penning this article for publication in Nigerian papers.

Kidney Centre: A Better ‘Nigeria @ 50’ Gift
By ********
For start, let me state that the above is not my original idea. It was suggested by a concerned lady that opened discussion on the subject on Nairaland.com, Nigeria’s largest online discussion forum. Aisha2, as her moniker goes, is a lady with an uncommon passion for humanitarian services. I find her suggestion above not only laudable but also worthy of trumpeting to the outer world.

Nigeria is a nation of jesters. It baffles me when we brazenly celebrate mediocrity. Ghana celebrated 50 years of independence three years ago. They had something to show for it, yet they did not go on spending spree like this. Now three years after, Ghana is gradually becoming a lesson in what good governance can earn you – from politics to economy and even to mundane aspects like football, the country is getting it right.

Now, Nigeria is 50. The state of things in the country is currently in its all-time low. Our politics is in shambles and economy hovering on the valley of death. Even in less serious aspects like sports, we continue to disgrace ourselves at the global scene.

Given this shabby situation we are currently, rolling out drums to celebrate one anniversary is the last thing I expect a serious government to do. More surprising is the bogus amount set aside for the litany of unproductive events lined up for the anniversary.

Splashing 6 billion naira on independence anniversary, is wanton display of profligacy in a country where thousands of people die on daily basis due to lack of adequate healthcare facility. I read in papers almost on daily basis cases of poor parents begging for assistance in raising funds to finance the treatment of many Nigerians, especially children, suffering from renal diseases. This is why I am backing Aisha2’s suggestion. Kidney disease is now prevalent in Nigeria and due to the unaffordable cost of treatment, many people have already died of the disease.

I am made to understand that there is no single kidney centre in Nigeria. Setting up one, equipped with modern facility, I learnt, costs about 500 million Naira. Putting up four in different parts of the country will cost 2 billion naira, just one-third of the amount about to go down the drain in the farce called Nigeria at 50 anniversary.  This is a better gift for Nigerians, especially the children.

Aisha2’s suggestion was prompted by the story of the death of a brilliant boy, who died earlier that day. The boy, said to be the best physics and mathematics student in his school, died after 3 years efforts to raise 10 million naira to undergo treatment abroad proved abortive. Within a couple of hours after the discussion was initiated, two other contributors narrated how they lost father and sibling respectively to kidney problem, underscoring the prevalence of the disease in our midst today.

Do we even need to remind our government of the importance of this? Having just lost our number one citizen to the disease, I am surprised the new government did not even deem it fit to look along that line. This is another wake-up call for Jonathan government.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Another 6 School Kids Kidnapped In Aba 4 rescued / 1,000 Naira Phones From Alcatel / But What Is So Special About Mandela?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.