Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,530 members, 7,819,906 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:16 AM

I'll Stop Crime By Tackling Poverty,says Olawepo Hashim - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I'll Stop Crime By Tackling Poverty,says Olawepo Hashim (4504 Views)

MC Oluomo Introduces Barcodes In Parks, Garages To Stop Crime, Kidnapping / Peter Obi: I'll Stop Campaigning, If Anyone Proves I Misused Money As Governor / Buhari's Acting CJN Must Step Aside For The Next In Line Says Olawepo Hashim (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I'll Stop Crime By Tackling Poverty,says Olawepo Hashim by bilms(m): 7:57pm On Sep 27, 2018
I’ll stop crime by tackling poverty, says Olawepo-Hashim

Alliance for New Nigeria (ANN) presidential aspirant, Gbenga Olawepo-Hashim, has promised to tackle poverty, if elected president next year.While beginning his ‘Talking on the Issues (ToI)’ series yesterday, Olawepo-Hashim told newsmen that most of the nation’s problems, including insurgency, partly emanated from poverty.

ToI is a talkshop on his ideas to reposition and develop the country.According to him, the problem should be dealt with, “with the urgency of now”; it should not be an unending song.“Poverty is not just a physical, realistic thing; but also a state of the mind. It is about depravity, deprivation and visible lack of resources to feed the body and the mind.

“The state of lack brews anger and revulsion for the environment where the victim resides and causes alienation from modernity. It can also lead to violence,” he added. Olawepo-Hashim argued that no amount of crime control system could stop the ills in a poverty-invested society.

His words: “Crime is one outcome of poverty, and I would rather deal with the cause of a problem than concentrating on the symptom. “All hands will be on deck from February 2019 when I am elected president by the grace of God and the voting power of fellow Nigerians”.

“Crime is caused partly by the poverty of ideas revolving around radicalisation, indoctrination and a situation where an individual cannot reason from the other side. “That level of poverty is worsened by the inability to afford basic meals. We have been in this kind of quagmire for ages, and it is time we found solutions to it.

“ANN is a new party, bubbling with ideas and vision, with young, vibrant politicians in the mix. We are ready to be the solution. We are, in fact, the solution, and our time has come.”He revealed that the ToI series would continue ahead of the ANN primaries and the general elections, as it was embarked upon to let the populace know the party’s readiness to take them out of the woods.

“Ours is a party of ideas. I am also a man of ideas. We are ready to take on the issues. We encourage others to follow this part, so we can elevate the level of electioneering process in the land, exactly the way it is done in the more advanced democracies.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/guardian.ng/news/ill-stop-crime-by-tackling-poverty-says-olawepo-hashim/amp

1 Like

Re: I'll Stop Crime By Tackling Poverty,says Olawepo Hashim by IamPlato(m): 7:59pm On Sep 27, 2018

Who be this mumu na

2 Likes

Re: I'll Stop Crime By Tackling Poverty,says Olawepo Hashim by Nobody: 8:08pm On Sep 27, 2018
if i have my way i go mud all these time wasters. Bye elections, anambra, Ekiti or osun u na no field candidates or campaign for them . Chance to build following but no we no see una. yet u expect u to win presidential election. Sowore, fela ,this guy are others are fools. looking for tag ex presidential election or for apc/pdp to give dem appointments. nonsense
Re: I'll Stop Crime By Tackling Poverty,says Olawepo Hashim by Nobody: 8:09pm On Sep 27, 2018
Idiiot... A useless Afonja can never be the president of Nigeria again! Never ever. Ever since the Afonjas sold Jonathan out to the Gambaris in a bid to secure 2023, I have had vengeance on my mind.

Same way Afonjas say that an Igbo man can never be President again, thats same way an Afonja can never rule this country again. The Gambaris will continue ruling this country till its renamed Arewa federation!

Any Igbo man or South Southerner that supports Afonja presidency is an imbecxile and a capital iddiot.

2 Likes

Re: I'll Stop Crime By Tackling Poverty,says Olawepo Hashim by Nobody: 8:09pm On Sep 27, 2018
Re: I'll Stop Crime By Tackling Poverty,says Olawepo Hashim by Neyyosticalint: 8:09pm On Sep 27, 2018
Naxo Dem dey always talk, awon werey gbogbo.. we are all tired in this country fa
Re: I'll Stop Crime By Tackling Poverty,says Olawepo Hashim by Hemzhy(m): 8:10pm On Sep 27, 2018
Ase
Re: I'll Stop Crime By Tackling Poverty,says Olawepo Hashim by iykeism(m): 8:10pm On Sep 27, 2018
undecided what about nations with low rate Of poverty and still have crime. ?
Re: I'll Stop Crime By Tackling Poverty,says Olawepo Hashim by sibb2011: 8:10pm On Sep 27, 2018
sad sad..... taa'la won?
Re: I'll Stop Crime By Tackling Poverty,says Olawepo Hashim by Nobody: 8:15pm On Sep 27, 2018
OK, we shall see! Please for anyone that is not making profit in FOREX trading kindly chart me on WhatsApp number 08125187926. You will start making 30 to 50% of your equity weekly.
Re: I'll Stop Crime By Tackling Poverty,says Olawepo Hashim by Nobody: 8:17pm On Sep 27, 2018
Perhaps electorates should undergo some sort of mental evaluation before being allowed to vote, some dumb fellows on this thread would obviously fail.

1 Like

Re: I'll Stop Crime By Tackling Poverty,says Olawepo Hashim by HenryIka(m): 8:18pm On Sep 27, 2018
who dis 1 dy follow talk now
Re: I'll Stop Crime By Tackling Poverty,says Olawepo Hashim by JailBreaker(m): 8:21pm On Sep 27, 2018
So are you saying only the poor are criminals?

Study For Free In UK - Newcastle University International Scholarship

http://tellcollege..com/2018/09/newcastle-university-vcgs-scholarships.html
Re: I'll Stop Crime By Tackling Poverty,says Olawepo Hashim by congorasta: 8:33pm On Sep 27, 2018
afonja
Re: I'll Stop Crime By Tackling Poverty,says Olawepo Hashim by xtervaganza(m): 8:35pm On Sep 27, 2018
RebelChip:
Idiiot... A useless Afonja can never be the president of Nigeria again! Never ever. Ever since the Afonjas sold Jonathan out to the Gambaris in a bid to secure 2023, I have had vengeance on my mind.

Same way Afonjas say that an Igbo man can never be President again, thats same way an Afonja can never rule this country again. The Gambaris will continue ruling this country till its renamed Arewa federation!

Any Igbo man or South Southerner that supports Afonja presidency is an imbecxile and a capital iddiot.
oga, why the matter de pepper your soul like this?

Where were you and your senseless people when Obj made Jonathan president?

Abunu oshi

3 Likes

Re: I'll Stop Crime By Tackling Poverty,says Olawepo Hashim by tevinsolt: 8:55pm On Sep 27, 2018
RebelChip:

And after ranting all these foolishness, (I'll tell you: I for one think it reeks of lack of self control, a big sign of immaturity on your part) what has changed in your situation?

it is important to know that you can begin to operate at a level higher than the tribal informed imprudence that you've cowered into Cause of a "supposed offense" you've not been able to logically think through

1 Like

Re: I'll Stop Crime By Tackling Poverty,says Olawepo Hashim by IsraelSongz: 9:09pm On Sep 27, 2018
This is one of the big problems the Youths of Nigeria have. See what most people above me are saying.

You don't want him but still You want a Youth? I don't know if this is how the entire Youths in Nigeria think or it's just the Nairaland Youths.

Either ways, give change a chance. You can't be so sure he's making false promises.

1 Like

Re: I'll Stop Crime By Tackling Poverty,says Olawepo Hashim by 2extremes(m): 9:10pm On Sep 27, 2018
This guy and nairaland Frontpage.... Am suspecting Seun is his campaign manager
Re: I'll Stop Crime By Tackling Poverty,says Olawepo Hashim by Chiemerie8(m): 9:13pm On Sep 27, 2018
The one wey buhari talk pass this one yet wetin him do?
Re: I'll Stop Crime By Tackling Poverty,says Olawepo Hashim by mrrights: 9:29pm On Sep 27, 2018
IsraelSongz:
This is one of the big problems the Youths of Nigeria have. See what most people above me are saying.

You don't want him but still You want a Youth? I don't know if this is how the entire Youths in Nigeria think or it's just the Nairaland Youths.

Either ways, give change a chance. You can't be so sure he's making false promises.

Good things are on the way for this country. With youths like you, the country has hope.

Let's support credible person like Hashim and Nigeria will stand a better chance of development.
Re: I'll Stop Crime By Tackling Poverty,says Olawepo Hashim by Baselm: 9:44pm On Sep 27, 2018
RebelChip:

What reasonable post did GEJ give SW, the speaker that was allocated to SW, Tambuwal took it. Despite the fact SW voted massively for him in 2011, SW who are more politically advanced than u people, realigned politically and came back to prominence. instead of you lots to do your political permutations, align and realign, u guys are still crying over spilt milk. Afonjas didn't owe Jonathan anything, they are constitutionally allowed to vote anyone they wish to vote for whether Igbos like it or NOT
Re: I'll Stop Crime By Tackling Poverty,says Olawepo Hashim by Jaqenhghar: 9:45pm On Sep 27, 2018
Reducing poverty does t reduce crime. Reducing greed and changing the orientation of people does.
Re: I'll Stop Crime By Tackling Poverty,says Olawepo Hashim by Baselm: 9:53pm On Sep 27, 2018
Gbenga Olawepo as we know him before he added Hashim maybe to get votes from some religious or tribal groups has contested and lost Kwara state governorship post severally, instead of trying to free his state from the Saraki stranglehold, he's chasing shadows. Kwara politicians are so stupid, once its election time they will start adding names to their normal names, Bukola Saraki started parading as Abubakar Bukola Saraki when he wanted to become Governor, PDP governorship flagbearer in the 2015 elections too Simon Suleiman Ajibola , Now Gbenga Olawepo-Hashim. Na wa for una

1 Like

Re: I'll Stop Crime By Tackling Poverty,says Olawepo Hashim by FellaL: 10:24pm On Sep 27, 2018
hmmm.....
Re: I'll Stop Crime By Tackling Poverty,says Olawepo Hashim by FellaL: 10:25pm On Sep 27, 2018
IamPlato:

Who be this mumu na
hmm...abaa
Re: I'll Stop Crime By Tackling Poverty,says Olawepo Hashim by bilms(m): 11:51pm On Sep 27, 2018
Baselm:
Gbenga Olawepo as we know him before he added Hashim maybe to get votes from some religious or tribal groups has contested and lost Kwara state governorship post severally, instead of trying to free his state from the Saraki stranglehold, he's chasing shadows. Kwara politicians are so stupid, once its election time they will start adding names to their normal names, Bukola Saraki started parading as Abubakar Bukola Saraki when he wanted to become Governor, PDP governorship flagbearer in the 2015 elections too Simon Suleiman Ajibola , Now Gbenga Olawepo-Hashim. Na wa for una

Before you comment, use your brain. Or at least, seek knowledge. Gbenga's father is Abdullahi Hashim. He his from Kebbi State. Since 2015, he has added the name of his father to his name. Olawepo is the name of his step dad, whom he lived with. He loved his father and his step dad and both of them are held in high esteem.
Re: I'll Stop Crime By Tackling Poverty,says Olawepo Hashim by Baselm: 1:16pm On Oct 06, 2018
bilms:

Before you comment, use your brain. Or at least, seek knowledge. Gbenga's father is Abdullahi Hashim. He his from Kebbi State. Since 2015, he has added the name of his father to his name. Olawepo is the name of his step dad, whom he lived with. He loved his father and his step dad and both of them are held in high esteem.

Ur comment and attack shows ure a fool. How old was Olawepo is 2015, So its 2015 he started loving his father or recognized he has a father from Kebbi whose name needs to be added. U don't seriously think people are as foolish as u are to believe that crap as a genuine explanation for a change in name.
Re: I'll Stop Crime By Tackling Poverty,says Olawepo Hashim by bilms(m): 11:58am On Oct 10, 2018
hum
Re: I'll Stop Crime By Tackling Poverty,says Olawepo Hashim by KingRagnar: 2:20pm On Oct 10, 2018
Not much supporters, not much influence, not much achievements, in other words, Hashim has no chance at all of winning this election, all these talk is empty, wait till 2023, after PMB

(1) (Reply)

A Call For Ibos To Build World Class City / Why Are There No Protests In South East States? / We Have No Money To Fix Power Sector – Jebba Power Chief

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.