Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,145 members, 7,815,014 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:46 AM

My Osun Rerun Observations, By US Consul General - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / My Osun Rerun Observations, By US Consul General (72941 Views)

United States Investors Coming To Lekki Free Trade Zone: US Consul General / Peter Obi Meets US Consul-General, Discusses New Nigeria (Pictures) / PDP Reports APC Government To US Consul General, Recounts Achievements 16 Years (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Osun Rerun Observations, By US Consul General by RockHard: 8:35pm On Sep 27, 2018
http://thenationonlineng.net/my-osun-rerun-observations-by-us-consul-general/

By: Joseph Jibueze, Osogbo On: September 27, 2018

United States Consul General in Lagos F. John Bray, who was in Osogbo to monitor the rerun election, has described the process as credible.

He said he did not observe any malpractices or violations of the Electoral Act in Unit 17, Ward 5 where the rerun election took place.

Bray was at the unit from morning when voting started till result was announced at about 3.50pm.

Asked about his observations, he said: “The process has been credible.”

On allegations that some voters were denied access to some units by thugs, Bray said: “There are things going on in six other units. I cannot comment on those things.

“I’m here as an observer today. All I can talk about is what’s in front of me. And today in Osogbo its working fine.

“At this polling unit things have been going on pretty well today. No problem with card readers; people have been orderly.

“We have party agents here from all the political parties. I’m not hearing a lot of complaints. I haven’t seen any vote buying here.”

On why he was there personally to monitor the election, Bray said it was due to the importance the United States attaches to democratic processes.

“The United States is interested in democracy, because we’re a democratic country. So, we always support elections and democracy in Nigeria.

“I observe all the elections personally and I was here last week,” he said.

On how he rates the performance of the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC), Bray said: “From what I’ve seen so far in Osogbo, INEC’s performance is fine.”

Bray, who was at the unit when gunshots were fired around noon, praised the security agencies for preventing any disruptions.

“There was someone who tried to disrupt the poll. They quickly got the unit back to order. The Police and security services came together.

“There was somebody trying to upset the balance, but he didn’t,” Bray said.

54 Likes 5 Shares

Re: My Osun Rerun Observations, By US Consul General by jumpandpas(m): 8:35pm On Sep 27, 2018
APC and propaganda. They skipped these polling unit because of the foreign observers and unleashed Miyetti Allah kind of wickedness in other polling units where there are no foreign observers.

Nigerians will see the end of APC just as they did to PDP.

372 Likes 22 Shares

Re: My Osun Rerun Observations, By US Consul General by faaz24: 8:36pm On Sep 27, 2018
Good..
Next stop :Kwara state.

64 Likes 10 Shares

Re: My Osun Rerun Observations, By US Consul General by 93Miles: 8:37pm On Sep 27, 2018
God bless u John Bray..

67 Likes 7 Shares

Re: My Osun Rerun Observations, By US Consul General by Shukuakukobambi: 8:37pm On Sep 27, 2018
Lobatan

Who will Reno and FFK cry to again? Their almighty US consul general was there in person and he witnessed a credible process. Oshiomhole needs to sue PDP for character assassination

154 Likes 14 Shares

Re: My Osun Rerun Observations, By US Consul General by Calers: 8:38pm On Sep 27, 2018
Free and fair.

31 Likes 6 Shares

Re: My Osun Rerun Observations, By US Consul General by FarahAideed: 8:43pm On Sep 27, 2018
Nonsense !!!!!If the ambassador knew he wasn't going to monitor all 7 polling areas then he should just have stayed back in Abuja

128 Likes 7 Shares

Re: My Osun Rerun Observations, By US Consul General by BeardedMan: 8:44pm On Sep 27, 2018
Baba, I bet, your head dey there...Kara, all the way.
faaz24:
Good..
Next stop :Kwara state.

30 Likes 5 Shares

Re: My Osun Rerun Observations, By US Consul General by modath(f): 8:45pm On Sep 27, 2018
Shukuakukobambi:
Lobatan

Who will Reno and FFK cry to again? Their almighty US consul general was there in person and he witnessed a credible process. Oshiomhole needs to sue PDP for character assassination

Donald Trump nko? grin

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Osun Rerun Observations, By US Consul General by modath(f): 8:46pm On Sep 27, 2018
FarahAideed:
If the ambassador knew he wasn't going to monitor all 7 polling areas then he should just have stayed back in Abuja

See painment.. grin

115 Likes 12 Shares

Re: My Osun Rerun Observations, By US Consul General by SadiqBabaSani: 8:48pm On Sep 27, 2018
Lol,

Power is transient

2 Likes

Re: My Osun Rerun Observations, By US Consul General by Shukuakukobambi: 8:49pm On Sep 27, 2018
modath:

Donald Trump nko? grin

That one dey busy with China......he's afraid the Chinese want to rig Nov mid term elections cheesy

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Osun Rerun Observations, By US Consul General by truthfulparrot(m): 8:49pm On Sep 27, 2018
Every honest and patriotic Nigerians should be worried about Osun Rerun election as it is glaring that INEC has been greatly compromised.

Before the rerun election, even APC and their supporters believed the polling unit in Oshogbo is APC strongest hold. Because of the presence of international observers in Oshogbo, the results still shows PDP winning 40% in a unit that is supposed to be APC strongest hold. How come PDP scored less than 5% in other units ......? Watching the faces of INEC officers on live TV , I can easily see their uncomfortable guilty faces. The manipulation and bias is just too glaring!

74 Likes 13 Shares

Re: My Osun Rerun Observations, By US Consul General by raumdeuter: 8:49pm On Sep 27, 2018
a
Re: My Osun Rerun Observations, By US Consul General by Jorussia(m): 8:50pm On Sep 27, 2018
The election wasn't rigged.The alliance between sdp and APC won the election.

57 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My Osun Rerun Observations, By US Consul General by afroniger: 8:50pm On Sep 27, 2018
This man may be a potential APC witness at the election tribunal. cheesy

50 Likes 4 Shares

Re: My Osun Rerun Observations, By US Consul General by dadebayo1(m): 8:50pm On Sep 27, 2018
Feeling so sad about the outcome of election in Osun today... The country is truly a ..... What did Trump call it again? Truth be told they have made a mess of governance in Nigeria... They cannot get away with what they have just done....

The joint press conference is currently taking place....

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Osun Rerun Observations, By US Consul General by Jorussia(m): 8:50pm On Sep 27, 2018
truthfulparrot:
Every honest and patriotic Nigerians should be worried about Osun Rerun election as it is glaring that INEC has been greatly compromised
should be worried because APC won?

31 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Osun Rerun Observations, By US Consul General by BruncleZuma: 8:50pm On Sep 27, 2018
grin grin grin grin
Re: My Osun Rerun Observations, By US Consul General by naijapips04: 8:51pm On Sep 27, 2018
How do you form your opinion of the election from just one unit?

Check the number of votes PDP allegedly got in an APC stronghold in Osogbo (above a hundred).

Now check the number of votes the got in a local government the PDP won in the last election. (just 4).

If you don't see that these were manipulated, then you are heartless.

Na Nigeria I dey pity sha. After APC, another government go come. APC has set the template for elections in Nigeria and na we all go suffer am.

Expired oyibo.

36 Likes 6 Shares

Re: My Osun Rerun Observations, By US Consul General by bigfish3k: 8:51pm On Sep 27, 2018
U ALL BE CELEBRATING WICKEDNESS
BUT DONT COMPLAIN WHEN IT CATCHES UP WITH U

9 Likes 4 Shares

Re: My Osun Rerun Observations, By US Consul General by Milllz: 8:51pm On Sep 27, 2018
I don’t even understand these observers.

You were at the polling unit since morning, you didn’t know that voters were being oppressed, that many of them were prevented from even stepping out of their house talk more of polling unit. You didn’t noticed some of them were beaten and pursued away. You didn’t notice the unusual number of security and their character, the oppression towards journalists and other observers, something that didn’t happen for the same election for the whole state.

You don’t know this is Nigeria, and everything doesn’t start and end at the polling unit.
I hope his words are tongue in cheek because the US are probably not dumb.

I wonder what happened to the envoy when he heard the gunshots at Oshogbo

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My Osun Rerun Observations, By US Consul General by Benekruku(m): 8:51pm On Sep 27, 2018
jumpandpas:
APC and propaganda. They skipped these polling unit because of the foreign observers and unleashed Miyetti Allah kind of wickedness in other polling units where there are no foreign observers.

You are hungry

23 Likes 4 Shares

Re: My Osun Rerun Observations, By US Consul General by CROWNWEALTH019(m): 8:51pm On Sep 27, 2018
modath:

See painment.. grin
Can you for once be patriotic, BeremX can never see blue and call it green

4 Likes

Re: My Osun Rerun Observations, By US Consul General by GavelSlam: 8:51pm On Sep 27, 2018
FarahAideed:
Nonsense !!!!!If the ambassador knew he wasn't going to monitor all 7 polling areas then he should just have stayed back in Abuja

America has technology. But I'm not sure they've began to deploy clones of embassy workers yet.

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Osun Rerun Observations, By US Consul General by shikshark: 8:52pm On Sep 27, 2018
this man just spoke on TVc live saying journalist are intimidated and restricted access, from the balance of probabilities the election cannot be said to be free and fair.....he said

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Osun Rerun Observations, By US Consul General by Slymonster(m): 8:52pm On Sep 27, 2018
Rubbish..

1 Like

Re: My Osun Rerun Observations, By US Consul General by Jorussia(m): 8:52pm On Sep 27, 2018
jumpandpas:

this polling unit they skipped who won there?

9 Likes

Re: My Osun Rerun Observations, By US Consul General by Benekruku(m): 8:52pm On Sep 27, 2018
naijapips04:
How do you form your opinion of the election from just one unit?

Expired oyibo.

What was your JAMB score?

18 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My Osun Rerun Observations, By US Consul General by Zansu007: 8:52pm On Sep 27, 2018
If u mean well for Nigeria and our institution, then u should be bothered about the outcome of today rerun.

What has now changed

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Osun Rerun Observations, By US Consul General by BruncleZuma: 8:52pm On Sep 27, 2018
That was the only unit PDP made any meaningful gain.
Re: My Osun Rerun Observations, By US Consul General by jumpandpas(m): 8:52pm On Sep 27, 2018
Benekruku:

You are hungry

See the definition here.

6 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

See The Thug Who Broke Into Ike Ekweremadu’s Bedroom In Abuja. Photo / Hamisu Abubakar, The Man Trekking From Lagos To Abuja Now In FCT / How Nnamdi Kanu Was Arrested By Interpol While Seeking Support For Biafra- PUNCH

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.