Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,054 members, 7,835,558 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 11:45 AM

Baby Foods And Recipes (weaning And Solids For 6m+) - Health (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Baby Foods And Recipes (weaning And Solids For 6m+) (56697 Views)

Weaning Our Baby / Health Benefits Of Agbo Jedi Jedi Ingredients And Recipes / Can Marijuana Helps In Weaning Off Tramadol Withdrawal Symptoms??? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Baby Foods And Recipes (weaning And Solids For 6m+) by rvpbae: 12:12pm On Nov 09, 2018
HolySteph:

Pls share with me when you get answers. Although I know gerber baby yoghurt is very nutritious. I havnt tried it, couldn't buy cus it was way too expensive. I hope to get someday but if you get other recommendations pls share with me. Thanks

Let me tell u what i do. I buy habib yoghurt, unsweetened one, then add any fruit i have to sweeten it. Most times i give like that or i add to pap. Nagari farm yoghurt is ok too but I just stick with habib sha.

PS. Your son is the real mvp for eating all these o.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Baby Foods And Recipes (weaning And Solids For 6m+) by Oliran(f): 2:07pm On Nov 09, 2018
Waoh, HolySteph you are really trying ma'am. I would like to try all these your combo, I pray my DS likes them.
Re: Baby Foods And Recipes (weaning And Solids For 6m+) by HolySteph(f): 2:41pm On Nov 09, 2018
rvpbae:

Let me tell u what i do. I buy habib yoghurt, unsweetened one, then add any fruit i have to sweeten it. Most times i give like that or i add to pap. Nagari farm yoghurt is ok too but I just stick with habib sha.

PS. Your son is the real mvp for eating all these o.
Lol.. Yes ma. He is.

Ok thanks I'll try that habib yoghurt. Thank you so much

1 Like

Re: Baby Foods And Recipes (weaning And Solids For 6m+) by HolySteph(f): 2:42pm On Nov 09, 2018
Oliran:
Waoh, HolySteph you are really trying ma'am. I would like to try all these your combo, I pray my DS likes them.
I pray he does. They are really healthy.
Re: Baby Foods And Recipes (weaning And Solids For 6m+) by goodhairdiary: 4:24pm On Nov 11, 2018
HolySteph:

Pls share with me when you get answers. Although I know gerber baby yoghurt is very nutritious. I havnt tried it, couldn't buy cus it was way too expensive. I hope to get someday but if you get other recommendations pls share with me. Thanks

See you've gotten answers already
I'll try the one mentioned and share if I have other options
Thanks
Re: Baby Foods And Recipes (weaning And Solids For 6m+) by iaatmgirl: 8:17pm On Nov 13, 2018
HolySteph:
Steamed apple and pear fruit then blended. This helps to relieve babies from constipation and also to build their immune system.

Evening mamas

Pls I have a questions for mamas that do fruit puree for their babies.

I observed thaf banana,boiled apple n avocado are part of babies first fruits from 6 months. I'm just wondering when other fruits can be introduced? Pls mamas when did you introduce others?

Also, why is watermelon not part of first fruits, I mean to blend and maybe sieve. After all, it's said to be over 90% water.

In addition, what's the longest time you've kept fruit puree fresh at room temperature. wondering if it can be prepared early morning and kept till lunch snack.

One last thing, did you get a dedicated pot for baby's food? And if yes, was it nonstick?

Pls help a mama
Thank you

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Baby Foods And Recipes (weaning And Solids For 6m+) by talltosyne: 8:37pm On Nov 13, 2018
HolySteph:

Lol.. Yes ma. He is.

Ok thanks I'll try that habib yoghurt. Thank you so much

If ur baby is less than 1, please don't give him Habib yogurt.

Meanwhile I sell freshly home made yoghurt

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Baby Foods And Recipes (weaning And Solids For 6m+) by rvpbae: 8:52pm On Nov 13, 2018
talltosyne:

If ur baby is less than 1, please don't give him Habib yogurt.

Meanwhile I sell freshly home made yoghurt

Can you state your reasons?
Re: Baby Foods And Recipes (weaning And Solids For 6m+) by goodhairdiary: 9:26pm On Nov 13, 2018
iaatmgirl:

Evening mamas

I observed thaf banana,boiled apple n avocado are part of babies first fruits from 6 months. I'm just wondering when other fruits can be introduced? Pls mamas when did you introduce others?
What other fruits are you referring to?
Think as long as they can be pureed you're good to go
I gave papaya n watermelon from 7months but he didn't like them

Also, why is watermelon not part of first fruits, I mean to blend and maybe sieve. After all, it's said to be over 90% water.
I think since it contains more water, might not be filling (in my opinion o) can be given but probably not as the main meal. Tried it once and ds didn't like it so I stopped

In addition, what's the longest time you've kept fruit puree fresh at room temperature. wondering if it can be prepared early morning and kept till lunch snack.
No idea

One last thing, did you get a dedicated pot for baby's food? And if yes, was it nonstick?
Ds has his own pot cause we had spare pot, but I don't think it's compulsory, you can rinse with hot water and ensure you don't prepare peppery meals with it
It's not nonstick

Pls help a mama
Thank you

Reply bolded
Re: Baby Foods And Recipes (weaning And Solids For 6m+) by iaatmgirl: 10:10pm On Nov 13, 2018
goodhairdiary:

Reply bolded

Thank you for your response.

Was thinking of watermelon, pawpaw, carrot n pear.
Re: Baby Foods And Recipes (weaning And Solids For 6m+) by goodhairdiary: 10:34pm On Nov 13, 2018
iaatmgirl:

Thank you for your response.

Was thinking of watermelon, pawpaw, carrot n pear.

Okay
Check page 1, there's a picture that is well detailed
Re: Baby Foods And Recipes (weaning And Solids For 6m+) by HolySteph(f): 10:49pm On Nov 13, 2018
iaatmgirl:

Evening mamas

Pls help a mama
Thank you
Wow this your questions plenty.

Okay let me answer the one I can relate from my knowledge.

I've not really played around different fruits cus I'm scared of allergy, so I just go with the regular fruits and observe for reactions. I don't introduce any fruit without gaining knowledge or doing a research from Google about their health benefits for babies. So in other words I'm very sceptical about what goes in my baby's mouth.
So I think you can introduce then later combine them but never forget to know their health benefits before giving to baby.

From what I learnt about watermelon for infants is bcus watermelons(as the name implies 'water') has alot of water in it which is what is known as electrolyte. Infants needs more milk than just water. Secondly, the seeds for infants can be a choking hazards for baby. To me that's just the few things that I know about babies against watermelons but they tend to weigh the disadvantage above the advantage. Watermelon also is good for rehydration.

In addition, what's the longest time you've kept fruit puree fresh at room temperature.

I keep not more than 24hrs. I discard or eat it after 24hrs.

wondering if it can be prepared early morning and kept till lunch snack?
Why not! As long as it's in a cool place. Don't leave it in heated place cus it's a fresh fruit and it's likely to get bacteria if not in a cool place. Banana and avocado should not be stored or refrigerated. Consume immediately.

Yes I did. But not nonstick. It's a brand new pot from a set I got. It's your choice to go for nonstick pots but be careful bcus most nonstick pots becomes stick pots when the thing supposed to be making it nonstick goes off.. and most times it mixes with your meal, trust me you don't want that for your baby. So if you're getting, get original.

I hope I made sense. Sorry for the many English.

Good night

3 Likes

Re: Baby Foods And Recipes (weaning And Solids For 6m+) by lessonslearned: 1:21am On Nov 14, 2018
Good morning mamas
Pls for those that did EBF did u wait till exactly 6 months before introducing other foods like the exact day??

1 Like

Re: Baby Foods And Recipes (weaning And Solids For 6m+) by talltosyne: 8:52am On Nov 14, 2018
rvpbae:

Can you state your reasons?
Habib yogurt is made from our regular cow milk which children less than 12month cannot digest and utilize properly. Children start taking adult milk from 12months and same applies to yoghurt. I ll advise u get yoghurt made from baby formula
Re: Baby Foods And Recipes (weaning And Solids For 6m+) by rvpbae: 9:11am On Nov 14, 2018
talltosyne:

Habib yogurt is made from our regular cow milk which children less than 12month cannot digest and utilize properly. Children start taking adult milk from 12months and same applies to yoghurt. I ll advise u get yoghurt made from baby formula

If that's your reason, then you are wrong. Cow milk is broken down completely. Yoghurt are a great first foods for babies cos of its prebiotic properties. Do your research.

1 Like

Re: Baby Foods And Recipes (weaning And Solids For 6m+) by HolySteph(f): 9:20am On Nov 14, 2018
lessonslearned:
Good morning mamas
Pls for those that did EBF did u wait till exactly 6 months before introducing other foods like the exact day??
Yes I did.
Re: Baby Foods And Recipes (weaning And Solids For 6m+) by talltosyne: 9:56am On Nov 14, 2018
rvpbae:

If that's your reason, then you are wrong. Cow milk is broken down completely. Yoghurt are a great first foods for babies cos of its prebiotic properties. Do your research.

Babies yoghurt is different from adult yoghurt. Probiotic?? Or probiotic? Get ur info right. Habib yoghurt in anyway doesnt qualify for a probiotic yoghurt.

Ve worked with many yoghurt, some doesn't contain any live microbes, some are just milk acidified with lactic acid, while some are just milk flavored thicken with gelatin and starch yoghurt.

Check those who make fresh yoghurt on IG and see what d cost of 1litre fresh is and compare

Anyway u r free to give ur child what u think is fine but I will advise

2 Likes

Re: Baby Foods And Recipes (weaning And Solids For 6m+) by rvpbae: 10:27am On Nov 14, 2018
talltosyne:

Babies yoghurt is different from adult yoghurt. Probiotic?? Or probiotic? Get ur info right. Habib yoghurt in anyway doesnt qualify for a probiotic yoghurt.

Ve worked with many yoghurt, some doesn't contain any live microbes, some are just milk acidified with lactic acid, while some are just milk flavored thicken with gelatin and starch yoghurt.

Check those who make fresh yoghurt on IG and see what d cost of 1litre fresh is and compare

Ok, now that you have broken it down like this, i agree with you. But not to say yoghurt made from cow milk isn't ok for babies.
Re: Baby Foods And Recipes (weaning And Solids For 6m+) by HolySteph(f): 11:13am On Nov 14, 2018
talltosyne:

Ok I didn't see this. I didn't find the habib sef I got this one.

Re: Baby Foods And Recipes (weaning And Solids For 6m+) by HolySteph(f): 11:15am On Nov 14, 2018
I applied it to my baby's pap and got this..

More recipes coming up....

3 Likes

Re: Baby Foods And Recipes (weaning And Solids For 6m+) by HolySteph(f): 11:20am On Nov 14, 2018
talltosyne:

Hm
Re: Baby Foods And Recipes (weaning And Solids For 6m+) by talltosyne: 11:34am On Nov 14, 2018
HolySteph:

Ok I didn't see this. I didn't find the habib sef I got this one.
Was it chill when u bought it?
Re: Baby Foods And Recipes (weaning And Solids For 6m+) by talltosyne: 11:37am On Nov 14, 2018
HolySteph:
I applied it to my baby's pap and got this..

More recipes coming up....

Microbiological, pap and yoghurt are same cos they both contain lactic acid bacteria both are product of fermentation. Instead of d yoghurt, add baby formula or breast milk.

1 Like

Re: Baby Foods And Recipes (weaning And Solids For 6m+) by HolySteph(f): 11:52am On Nov 14, 2018
talltosyne:

Microbiological, pap and yoghurt are same cos they both contain lactic acid bacteria both are product of fermentation. Instead of d yoghurt, add baby formula or breast milk.
I did.
Re: Baby Foods And Recipes (weaning And Solids For 6m+) by HolySteph(f): 11:53am On Nov 14, 2018
talltosyne:

Was it chill when u bought it?
Yes it was. Why?
Re: Baby Foods And Recipes (weaning And Solids For 6m+) by HolySteph(f): 2:27pm On Nov 14, 2018
talltosyne:

Mama are you based in port Harcourt?
Re: Baby Foods And Recipes (weaning And Solids For 6m+) by iaatmgirl: 9:49pm On Nov 14, 2018
goodhairdiary:

Okay
Check page 1, there's a picture that is well detailed

Thank you
I saw them. No age was specified, hence my questions.
Re: Baby Foods And Recipes (weaning And Solids For 6m+) by iaatmgirl: 9:53pm On Nov 14, 2018
HolySteph:

Wow this your questions plenty.

Okay let me answer the one I can relate from my knowledge.

I've not really played around different fruits cus I'm scared of allergy, so I just go with the regular fruits and observe for reactions. I don't introduce any fruit without gaining knowledge or doing a research from Google about their health benefits for babies. So in other words I'm very sceptical about what goes in my baby's mouth.
So I think you can introduce then later combine them but never forget to know their health benefits before giving to baby.

From what I learnt about watermelon for infants is bcus watermelons(as the name implies 'water') has alot of water in it which is what is known as electrolyte. Infants needs more milk than just water. Secondly, the seeds for infants can be a choking hazards for baby. To me that's just the few things that I know about babies against watermelons but they tend to weigh the disadvantage above the advantage. Watermelon also is good for rehydration.

In addition, what's the longest time you've kept fruit puree fresh at room temperature.

I keep not more than 24hrs. I discard or eat it after 24hrs.

wondering if it can be prepared early morning and kept till lunch snack?
Why not! As long as it's in a cool place. Don't leave it in heated place cus it's a fresh fruit and it's likely to get bacteria if not in a cool place. Banana and avocado should not be stored or refrigerated. Consume immediately.

Yes I did. But not nonstick. It's a brand new pot from a set I got. It's your choice to go for nonstick pots but be careful bcus most nonstick pots becomes stick pots when the thing supposed to be making it nonstick goes off.. and most times it mixes with your meal, trust me you don't want that for your baby. So if you're getting, get original.

I hope I made sense. Sorry for the many English.

Good night

Thank you for your detailed response
You really helped.
Re: Baby Foods And Recipes (weaning And Solids For 6m+) by goodhairdiary: 11:47pm On Nov 14, 2018
iaatmgirl:

Thank you
I saw them. No age was specified, hence my questions.

It's actually specified in the one I'm referring to
Can't share it, would have done that
Re: Baby Foods And Recipes (weaning And Solids For 6m+) by talltosyne: 11:16am On Nov 15, 2018
HolySteph:

Yes it was. Why?
That is one of the condition required for sales of fresh yoghurt.

Am based in Lagos.

U can join our training group on how to make fresh yoghurt.

1 Like

Re: Baby Foods And Recipes (weaning And Solids For 6m+) by enque(f): 9:16pm On Nov 17, 2018
iaatmgirl:

Evening mamas

Thank you

Carrot puree and pear puree (english pear) were also one of the first fruit purees i started my kiddo with from 6 months.
Make sure u scrape of the back of the carrot, boil for a few mins and then blend... U can even do apple+carrot or any other mix of ur choice.

I tried watermelon but she didn't like it , but it did help when she ws constipated

1 Like

Re: Baby Foods And Recipes (weaning And Solids For 6m+) by iaatmgirl: 5:49pm On Nov 18, 2018
enque:

Carrot puree and pear puree (english pear) were also one of the first fruit purees i started my kiddo with from 6 months.
Make sure u scrape of the back of the carrot, boil for a few mins and then blend... U can even do apple+carrot or any other mix of ur choice.

I tried watermelon but she didn't like it , but it did help when she ws constipated

Thank you mama for your response.
I'd try then out

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Nigerian Woman Dies 5 Days After Her Wedding (Photos) / 16-Year-Old Ghanaian Female Student Commits Suicide In School Dining (Graphic) / Indonesian Man Who Sprays Insecticide Into His Mouth While Dancing Topless Dies

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.