Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,876 members, 7,813,985 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 11:27 PM

Baby Foods And Recipes (weaning And Solids For 6m+) - Health (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Baby Foods And Recipes (weaning And Solids For 6m+) (55893 Views)

Weaning Our Baby / Health Benefits Of Agbo Jedi Jedi Ingredients And Recipes / Can Marijuana Helps In Weaning Off Tramadol Withdrawal Symptoms??? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Baby Foods And Recipes (weaning And Solids For 6m+) by rvpbae: 2:44pm On Dec 04, 2018
Roseey0:
We are making progress eventually.
Thanks to the Mamas that made me understand it's a gradual process.

My baby now opens mouth by herself. Takes like 5 to 6spoons and that is it. I know we will graduate to finishing a bowl soon.

Am worried about water, her poop is now thick, what's the recommended water consumption per day for above 6months?

Halleluia! cheesy

My hubby suggested i put my baby's food in a bottle. I tried it twice yesterday and he finished all. But I'm not sure I'll keep doing that sha, he needs to learn with spoon.

As per water, give as often as u can especially as the weather is hot now.

1 Like

Re: Baby Foods And Recipes (weaning And Solids For 6m+) by blessedruby: 11:51pm On Dec 05, 2018
Yhank you uote author=StrongWoman333 post=73512754]No ma'am salt is not good for babies. I boiled it plain. [/quote]
Re: Baby Foods And Recipes (weaning And Solids For 6m+) by HolySteph(f): 1:19pm On Dec 09, 2018
Rice, carrot and fish

3 Likes

Re: Baby Foods And Recipes (weaning And Solids For 6m+) by angeltolly(f): 1:25pm On Dec 09, 2018
HolySteph:
Rice, carrot and fish

You cooked everything together then blend right? I should be trying many recipe but my bobo no dey encourage me. After putting effort in making new food, he won't eat it.
Re: Baby Foods And Recipes (weaning And Solids For 6m+) by HolySteph(f): 2:00pm On Dec 09, 2018
angeltolly:

You cooked everything together then blend right? I should be trying many recipe but my bobo no dey encourage me. After putting effort in making new food, he won't eat it.
Yes i cooked before blending.
Re: Baby Foods And Recipes (weaning And Solids For 6m+) by Oliran(f): 3:45pm On Dec 18, 2018
Good afternoon mamas, I made potato purée for my baby yesterday, I put the rest in the freezer to be taken today, I brought it out this morning to thaw and I don't seem to understand the texture after it defrost. Is it that potato purée should not be frozen?

Cc HolySteph
Cc All mamas.
Re: Baby Foods And Recipes (weaning And Solids For 6m+) by rvpbae: 6:03pm On Dec 18, 2018
Oliran:
Good afternoon mamas, I made potato purée for my baby yesterday, I put the rest in the freezer to be taken today, I brought it out this morning to thaw and I don't seem to understand the texture after it defrost. Is it that potato purée should not be frozen?

Cc Hol..ySteph
Cc All mamas.

I'm sure it can be frozen. But i would suggest next time u put in the fridge, since you know you would be consuming the next day. How was the texture after reheating Foods can be frozen for up to a month and refrigerated up to 3days.
Re: Baby Foods And Recipes (weaning And Solids For 6m+) by Oliran(f): 8:17pm On Dec 18, 2018
rvpbae:

I'm sure it can be frozen. But i would suggest next time u put in the fridge, since you know you would be consuming the next day. How was the texture after reheating Foods can be frozen for up to a month and refrigerated up to 3days.

it wasn't as smooth as yesterday's own, maybe I didn't blend that portion properly cos I had to blend in bits cos I used shake and take blender.

Thank you ma'am.
Re: Baby Foods And Recipes (weaning And Solids For 6m+) by rvpbae: 9:10pm On Dec 18, 2018
Oliran:

it wasn't as smooth as yesterday's own, maybe I didn't blend that portion properly cos I had to blend in bits cos I used shake and take blender.

Thank you ma'am.

Alright then.
Re: Baby Foods And Recipes (weaning And Solids For 6m+) by blessedruby: 12:46am On Dec 20, 2018
HolySteph:
Baby boiled beans and ripe plantain with onions, crayfish and palm oil.

Please at what month can they take this?.
Did you cook the beans with the back?. Thanks
Re: Baby Foods And Recipes (weaning And Solids For 6m+) by HolySteph(f): 7:26pm On Dec 22, 2018
blessedruby:

Please at what month can they take this?.
Did you cook the beans with the back?. Thanks
I started from 9momths

1 Like

Re: Baby Foods And Recipes (weaning And Solids For 6m+) by HolySteph(f): 7:39pm On Dec 22, 2018
Oliran:

Cc HolySteph
Cc All mamas.
Yes it's normal for the texture to be like that. I preheat it. it's the ice that makes it get that texture and when preheated the water overdilute the food. It's normal. Sometimes I dont refrigerate,I consume immediately and if I do refrigerate i use his powdered formula to thicken again.
Re: Baby Foods And Recipes (weaning And Solids For 6m+) by Oliran(f): 9:24pm On Dec 22, 2018
HolySteph:

Yes it's normal for the texture to be like that. I preheat it. it's the ice that makes it get that texture and when preheated the water overdilute the food. It's normal. Sometimes I dont refrigerate,I consume immediately and if I do refrigerate i use his powdered formula to thicken again.
Thank you ma.
Re: Baby Foods And Recipes (weaning And Solids For 6m+) by HolySteph(f): 10:08pm On Dec 22, 2018
Oliran:

Thank you ma.
You're welcome.
Re: Baby Foods And Recipes (weaning And Solids For 6m+) by blessedruby: 10:12pm On Dec 22, 2018
Thanks for the response quote author=HolySteph post=74083930]
I started from 9momths[/quote]
Re: Baby Foods And Recipes (weaning And Solids For 6m+) by HolySteph(f): 2:50pm On Dec 24, 2018
Carrots, green peas and sweet potato.

3 Likes

Re: Baby Foods And Recipes (weaning And Solids For 6m+) by blessedruby: 4:56am On Dec 28, 2018
Please at what age can they start taking broccoli and yogurt.
HolySteph:
Boiled baby rice, with broccoli, fish and sweet potato.

Note: I added sweet potato to the recipe to sweeten the meal.
Re: Baby Foods And Recipes (weaning And Solids For 6m+) by HolySteph(f): 7:50am On Dec 28, 2018
blessedruby:
Please at what age can they start taking broccoli and yogurt.
I started broccoli immediately after exclusive. Depending on the Yoghurts, unsweetened(probiotic precisely) is best recommended for them you can start from 8months because yoghurts are diary, you have to let your baby's digestive system mature for it. My thoughts.

1 Like

Re: Baby Foods And Recipes (weaning And Solids For 6m+) by blessedruby: 8:17am On Dec 28, 2018
Thank you
HolySteph:

I started broccoli immediately after exclusive. Depending on the Yoghurts, unsweetened(probiotic precisely) is best recommended for them you can start from 8months because yoghurts are diary, you have to let your baby's digestive system mature for it. My thoughts.
Re: Baby Foods And Recipes (weaning And Solids For 6m+) by Omolaadun000: 6:45am On Dec 31, 2018
rvpbae:

Do you use your normal blender to make these purees? Or you got a seperate one?
I was going to ask this question... Thank God you did
Re: Baby Foods And Recipes (weaning And Solids For 6m+) by AlphaHandMaiden(f): 6:09pm On Jan 09, 2019
Jessie21

Check here for different recipes you can try.
Re: Baby Foods And Recipes (weaning And Solids For 6m+) by talltosyne: 9:40am On Jan 18, 2019
Our next online yoghurt training starts in February. You can learn how to make your own yoghurt within few days. Chat me on WhatsApp if you are interested. It's going to be practical based.
Re: Baby Foods And Recipes (weaning And Solids For 6m+) by Chirolechick: 6:51pm On Jan 28, 2019
Mamas please how do you pack these foods for crèche, how long can it be left in room temperature eg if breakfast is noodles and lunch is beans or potato with cereal in between, how do I pack these foods, is it normal plates?
Re: Baby Foods And Recipes (weaning And Solids For 6m+) by Goldenheart002(f): 4:14pm On Jan 30, 2019
Chirolechick:
Mamas please how do you pack these foods for crèche, how long can it be left in room temperature eg if breakfast is noodles and lunch is beans or potato with cereal in between, how do I pack these foods, is it normal plates?

There are lunch boxes like dis dat u can use

Re: Baby Foods And Recipes (weaning And Solids For 6m+) by Goldenheart002(f): 4:19pm On Jan 30, 2019
Pls o, mamas dat make fruit puree for their babies, how do u prepare it? Do u cook d fruit b4 boiling or boil b4 cooking?

Cc HolySteph , AlphaHandMaiden , rvpbae and all mamas
Re: Baby Foods And Recipes (weaning And Solids For 6m+) by HolySteph(f): 5:06pm On Jan 30, 2019
Goldenheart002:
Pls o, mamas dat make fruit puree for their babies, how do u prepare it? Do u cook d fruit b4 boiling or boil b4 cooking?

I don't cook, I steam before blending,..depending on the fruit.
Re: Baby Foods And Recipes (weaning And Solids For 6m+) by Chirolechick: 6:23pm On Jan 30, 2019
Thanks mama

Goldenheart002:

There are lunch boxes like dis dat u can use

Re: Baby Foods And Recipes (weaning And Solids For 6m+) by AlphaHandMaiden(f): 8:35pm On Jan 30, 2019
Goldenheart002:

The only fruit I cooked a bit was apples. I then blend after it has cooked a bit.

Every other fruit I mashed or blended as they were.

General for other purees I cook first then blend afterwards as different items take different times to cook. And also the cooking also makes the blending much easier, and you can control the texture better that way as well.

1 Like

Re: Baby Foods And Recipes (weaning And Solids For 6m+) by Goldenheart002(f): 3:42pm On Feb 05, 2019
Thanks so much mamas for d prompt replies, my baby just clocked a year and I'm so done with cereal. I just introduced him to proper family meal and he's been cooperating so far coupled with d recipes I got here, yesterday I tried something new, I blended plantain with dates and added soyabeans while cooking. It turn out well and tempting but I didn't have d time to snap pics, I know it's some crazy combo but I was happy trying it because my baby took it so well grin grin

Chef mamas, pls keep d thread alive

2 Likes

Re: Baby Foods And Recipes (weaning And Solids For 6m+) by Meeeeey: 4:00pm On Feb 05, 2019
Weldone mamas for the thread and food ideas. Let me share some recepies I give nu son. Started giving at 6 months

1) ripe plaintain, deboned Titus fish and carrot.
I cook everything, add blended crayfish n red oil while cooking, and blend when done

You can also try this with sweet potatoes or Irish

2) Irish potatoes and boiled egg.
Cook d potatoes n egg separately, blend together. I started blending only d egg yoke den from 7 months added egg white

3)yam porridge 8 months
Cook yam, add crayfish, fish, red oil n tiny sliced ugwu n allow to be very soft. I added little water at a time so d water won't be too much. Boil till yam can be mashed with ur fingers.

Sweet potatoes can also be used for yam

4) semo n okro soup or draw soup.
Make d semi soft. Sometimes I leave for air to touch abit before wrapping in nylon.

5) carrot n Apple, boil n blend

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Baby Foods And Recipes (weaning And Solids For 6m+) by Meeeeey: 4:11pm On Feb 05, 2019
Weldone mamas for the thread and food ideas. Let me share some recepies I give nu son. Started giving at 6 months

1) ripe plaintain, deboned Titus fish and carrot.
I cook everything, add blended crayfish n red oil while cooking, and blend when done

You can also try this with sweet potatoes or Irish

2) Irish potatoes and boiled egg.
Cook d potatoes n egg separately, blend together. I started blending only d egg yoke den from 7 months added egg white

3)yam porridge 8 months
Cook yam, add crayfish, fish, red oil n tiny sliced ugwu n allow to be very soft. I added little water at a time so d water won't be too much. Boil till yam can be mashed with ur fingers.

Sweet potatoes can also be used for yam

4) semo n okro soup or draw soup.
Make d semi soft. Sometimes I leave for air to touch abit before wrapping in nylon.

5) carrot n Apple, boil n blend

6)Avocado puree

7) banana n apple

coolorange juice

9) Ojojo (made from wateryam) grate d water yam, add crayfish, little salt(optional), take in bits n fry in veg oil

10) moi moi (without pepper)

11) rice n beans
Remove back of beans, parboil, add to rice.
Boil rice n beans, add crayfish, fish. Boil till very very soft

9 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Baby Foods And Recipes (weaning And Solids For 6m+) by Goldenheart002(f): 4:52pm On Feb 07, 2019
Carrot + sweet peas + apple
I steamed together then blend

4 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

See The Big Scorpion That Died In My Bucket (photo) / Doctors Remove 40 Knives From Man's Stomach In India (pic) / What's The Name & Medical Uses Of This Flower?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.