Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,547 members, 7,812,723 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 06:08 PM

The Triumph Of Tyranny Is Only Temporal, Atiku Tells APC - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Triumph Of Tyranny Is Only Temporal, Atiku Tells APC (17960 Views)

FG Says Action Against Twitter Is Temporal / "Buhari Must Go" - Atiku Tells Cheering Adamawa Supporters / 2019: Go And Settle With Your God, Not Me; Atiku Tells Obasanjo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Triumph Of Tyranny Is Only Temporal, Atiku Tells APC by chieyine(m): 5:26pm On Sep 28, 2018
The former Vice President and Presidential Aspirant in PDP spoke his mind concerning the Just Concluded Osun election. He said,
The result just declared today in Osun by the Independent National Electoral Commission in favour of the All Progressives Congress and its candidate is a travesty of justice. That was not democracy. That was a demonstration of tyranny.

The victory of the candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party, Senator Ademola Adeleke, was firmly established last week on Saturday the 22nd of September, 2018.

This so-called victory of the APC is not a democratic victory. Observers, both foreign and domestic, reported the brazen intimidation of voters and outright suppression of voting in PDP strongholds with even PDP agents physically prevented from being at the polling units.

These actions showed to the whole world that this unnecessary rerun, in polling units cancelled or voided by the INEC, was nothing more than a red herring, to distract attention and gain time, while the ruling party perfected strategies to pull a fast one on the electorate, as it has done today.

I wish to say to Senator Ademola Adeleke and the good people of Osun State that I stand with you today and tomorrow in your time of need. I will not be presumptuous to tell you what to do. But what I can tell you is that whatever you choose to do, I will be with you both in word and in action.

Furthermore, I call on the international community not to stand idly by while democracy is being trampled upon. Nigeria is a very unique nation. We are very strategic to Africa in terms of population and location. A destabilised Nigeria will destabilise Africa and this must never be allowed to happen.

Thus, the international community must intervene to ensure that what happened in Osun must be investigated, reversed and prevented from spilling over to other gubernatorial, legislative and national elections.

Finally, I call on Nigerians to be on guard. The APC has shown its hand. It is the leprous hand of a tyrant. Therefore we must be alert in future elections, for as Thomas Paine said “eternal vigilance is the price of liberty.

Atiku Abubakar
Presidential aspirant of PDP & Vice President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria, 1999-2007.

Source: https://naijapolitico.com.ng/the-triumph-of-tyranny-is-only-temporal-atiku-tells-apc/

41 Likes 6 Shares

Re: The Triumph Of Tyranny Is Only Temporal, Atiku Tells APC by AllTheWayUp: 5:34pm On Sep 28, 2018
Democracy is dead in Nigeria
Nigeria has gone to the dogs

93 Likes 10 Shares

Re: The Triumph Of Tyranny Is Only Temporal, Atiku Tells APC by tuniski: 5:35pm On Sep 28, 2018
Atikunation the incoming President.

41 Likes 4 Shares

Re: The Triumph Of Tyranny Is Only Temporal, Atiku Tells APC by despi64(m): 5:38pm On Sep 28, 2018
Well said

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Triumph Of Tyranny Is Only Temporal, Atiku Tells APC by Chri08102702694: 5:38pm On Sep 28, 2018
Ok boss

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Triumph Of Tyranny Is Only Temporal, Atiku Tells APC by Araoluwa005(m): 5:38pm On Sep 28, 2018
Why is this man so desperate for power self?

27 Likes 5 Shares

Re: The Triumph Of Tyranny Is Only Temporal, Atiku Tells APC by Macmoni(m): 5:38pm On Sep 28, 2018
Y
Re: The Triumph Of Tyranny Is Only Temporal, Atiku Tells APC by madridguy(m): 5:39pm On Sep 28, 2018
grin grin
Re: The Triumph Of Tyranny Is Only Temporal, Atiku Tells APC by Paollo: 5:39pm On Sep 28, 2018
Hallelujah
Re: The Triumph Of Tyranny Is Only Temporal, Atiku Tells APC by Wikinaija(m): 5:39pm On Sep 28, 2018
Re: The Triumph Of Tyranny Is Only Temporal, Atiku Tells APC by gaby(m): 5:39pm On Sep 28, 2018
And how long does the triumph of corruption, greed, narcissism and megalomania last?

So una know all these ones but still chose to impoverish the general populace? Na when una dey find something from the common man na that time una dey pour spit comot from every corner of una mouth say una sabi grammar and turenci.. Nonsense

Na God, Karma and posterity go judge all of una one by one...

It won't be too long in coming....

Enjoy my siggy

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Triumph Of Tyranny Is Only Temporal, Atiku Tells APC by ezenna191(m): 5:39pm On Sep 28, 2018
Present day politicians have destroyed our hard earned democracy

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Triumph Of Tyranny Is Only Temporal, Atiku Tells APC by ekkywolex(m): 5:40pm On Sep 28, 2018
Well said
Re: The Triumph Of Tyranny Is Only Temporal, Atiku Tells APC by cocoboss(m): 5:40pm On Sep 28, 2018
atiku shut the f*ck up will you...weak ass grin grin
booharii tilll i DIE

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Triumph Of Tyranny Is Only Temporal, Atiku Tells APC by Chizmickey(m): 5:40pm On Sep 28, 2018
Can we all gather here to curse Buhari? Let's pray his paid back in his own coin next year

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Triumph Of Tyranny Is Only Temporal, Atiku Tells APC by Originality007: 5:40pm On Sep 28, 2018
cry
Re: The Triumph Of Tyranny Is Only Temporal, Atiku Tells APC by MrPresident1: 5:40pm On Sep 28, 2018
Jeremiah 49:16
Thy terribleness hath deceived thee, and the pride of thine heart, O thou that dwellest in the clefts of the rock, that holdest the height of the hill: though thou shouldest make thy nest as high as the eagle, I will bring thee down from thence, saith the LORD.

If you like climb to the highest heavens, HE has sworn that HE will bring you down, to the sides of the pit, in utter disgrace!

Bastion of evil and wickedness

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Triumph Of Tyranny Is Only Temporal, Atiku Tells APC by hucienda: 5:41pm On Sep 28, 2018
Atiku channelling his inner philosophical man.

2 Likes

Re: The Triumph Of Tyranny Is Only Temporal, Atiku Tells APC by alowonle02(m): 5:41pm On Sep 28, 2018
Can someone interprete what this political harlot is saying to me in Yoruba?

11 Likes

Re: The Triumph Of Tyranny Is Only Temporal, Atiku Tells APC by thatigboman: 5:41pm On Sep 28, 2018
That sham osun rerun cant stand the test of time

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Triumph Of Tyranny Is Only Temporal, Atiku Tells APC by sureheaven(m): 5:41pm On Sep 28, 2018
Keep kwayet useless old thief.

Ur image had been battered and dented in sane country like US. This Atiku is shameless and knows many Nigerians are too dumb coupled with the fact this nation is lawless hence still have the gut to talk.

Ole oshi. shocked

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Triumph Of Tyranny Is Only Temporal, Atiku Tells APC by Oyindidi(f): 5:42pm On Sep 28, 2018
Go sleep

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Triumph Of Tyranny Is Only Temporal, Atiku Tells APC by thatigboman: 5:42pm On Sep 28, 2018
gistrepublic:
Nigeria is a failed country and it never gets better.....
it will never. Trust me

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Triumph Of Tyranny Is Only Temporal, Atiku Tells APC by Racoon(m): 5:43pm On Sep 28, 2018
"..The result just declared today in Osun by the Independent National Electoral Commission in favour of the All Progressives Congress and its candidate is a travesty of justice. That was not democracy. That was a demonstration of tyranny..."
A tyrannt is on board so tyranny reigns supremely. However no tyrannt have ever succeed in the face of a determined people.

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The Triumph Of Tyranny Is Only Temporal, Atiku Tells APC by jaxxy(m): 5:43pm On Sep 28, 2018
I hope he recovers his stolen mandate as the true Governor of Osun state.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Triumph Of Tyranny Is Only Temporal, Atiku Tells APC by salbis(m): 5:44pm On Sep 28, 2018
Well said Wazirin Adamawa.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Triumph Of Tyranny Is Only Temporal, Atiku Tells APC by siraj1402(m): 5:44pm On Sep 28, 2018
Atiku collected form he was crying. Hope he won't get stroke by 2019 then he must have realise that he can't be a president in this country.

4 Likes

Re: The Triumph Of Tyranny Is Only Temporal, Atiku Tells APC by bibiking7(m): 5:45pm On Sep 28, 2018

Sorry, but I really have not seen anything that APC has done that PDP did not do. Same dawgs with thier old arse tricks. From girls being kidnapped, to Money being missing from NNPC, to rigging in Ekiti (same as osun) to da same old padi padi selections.......... etc.

Maybe, just maybe it's because it's the same set of folks moving from one party to another and back. The only annoying thing is that some folks are trying to make PDP look better than APC when it's actually the same set of people.

3 Likes

Re: The Triumph Of Tyranny Is Only Temporal, Atiku Tells APC by Ezi1993(f): 5:45pm On Sep 28, 2018
Araoluwa005:
Why is this man so desperate for power self?
Give this question to ur evil party APC

5 Likes

Re: The Triumph Of Tyranny Is Only Temporal, Atiku Tells APC by Hardeysolution(m): 5:45pm On Sep 28, 2018
you were in pdp Yu did the same
you came to APC to come and do the same thinking Buhari wouldn't go again and it's your turn
you and Saraki had ulterior motives joining the APC
now Buhari surprised you and is still contesting

you went to PDP. you have little or no support
you feel like going to APC again because pdp can't help you any longer

but it's a pity that you will only try but sir, I am not sure you can be Nigeria's president at any time.

he's shedding tears after making many Politicians to do the same

Nigerians wise up!!!

11 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Governor Obaseki, Shaibu Sworn-in For Second Term ( Video, Pics) / 2023 Presidency: Osinbajo Is Nigeria’s Future For 2023 – Support Group / Ekpoudom Optimistic Of Victory As Akpabio Begs Him To Accept Party's Choice

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.